Bbetter: Introduction and question about symptoms and meetings for support

BBetter

I am a newbie to this group and hoping I do this correctly.  I have been off and on psych drugs for over 27 years.  Most recently, I have tapered off of 0.5-3mg Klonopin after about 8 years, with my discontinue date being May 11, 2020.  I have since been prescribed various anti-depressants (Wellbutrin, Viibryd, Trazadone) and ADHD(Concerta)meds as well as anti-histamines and beta blockers.  I discontinued them all at some point or another over the past year.  I come to my most recent experience with Doxepin which I had been on and off of over the past year.  This last time when I discontinued, it seemed to spark terrible withdrawals symptoms that includes what I think may be akathisia.  I have internal vibrating lasting for hours and usually happens each morning (sometimes starts in middle of night) and continues into the afternoon.  I seem to be very nauseous during this time to the point I vomit or dry heave.  My doctor prescribed 25 mg Hydroxyzine every 8 hours that seems to help somewhat.  I attempted to reinstate Doxepin a couple nights ago (due to intrusive thoughts and insomnia) and it made the the "akathisia" so much worse.  I know have read that sometimes beta blockers are used as treatment.  Curious as to what has helped others.  Also I would love an online zoom meeting support group for this but not sure if one exists?

1993-2002 Prozac/Fluoxetine

2002-2020 long list of various antidepressants, benzos and ADHD medications (name one and I am certain to have been prescribed it at one time or another)

2002-2012 Lorazepam

2012-2019 Clonazepam

January 2021-October 2021 Doxepin (stop and started several times)

• ChessieCat changed the title to Bbetter: Introduction and question about symptoms and meetings for support

Welcome @BBetter

I am sorry you are going through this and are suffering, but relieved you have found us. This forum is run by others like you who have been through and survived, or are surviving, the negative effects of psychiatric drugs. Hang in there.

I found this post helpful to understand how these drugs actually work and why healing takes time:

How Psychiatric Drugs Remodel Your Brain

When we recover, there are times of feeling OK mixed in with times of feeling bad.  This is called windows and waves.

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Here is our symptoms and self care section, you may find some useful ideas to help manage symptoms as you recover. 

Symptoms and self care topics

This is one of the links you can find there:

tremors, shaking, body vibration, internal trembling

To help us better advise you, can you please create a signature with all of the drugs that you are taking and have been taking in the last couple of years following these instructions:

How to List Drug History in Signature

This is your Introductory topic, where you can ask questions and connect with other members. Perhaps others on the forum are also interested in forming a zoom group for support. I'm not aware of one existing. I know of conversations hosted in this Facebook group, that can be watched, but not joined. We also have a thread discussing how to connect and make support groups here.

Please stay in touch and let us know how you are doing.

Edited by Kiasofia
Added link to support group thread

These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I have learned, not medical advice.

Drug history

2002-2019 Citalopram/Escitalopram, Lamictal
2019 April Escitalopram, quit at 10mg (withdrawal), Oct Escitalopram 10mg reinstated, quit after a few days (adverse reaction)

2019 Oct Lamictal cut from 200mg to 100mg
2019 Dec Lithium 83x2 mg

2020 Aug-Nov Lamictal tapered to 50 mg

2020 Nov 24 Lithium taper started, 30 Jan off Lithium

2021 15. March-31. May Lamictal tapered to 32.5 mg (holding)

2022 10. Jan started taking 25mg+5mg+2mg+0.5 liquid, 22. Jan went back to taking 25mg+5mg+half 5mg