mentalhealth1

mentalhealth1

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post.  I have been lurking on this site for over a year.  I wanted to share a success story.  I have been on every anti-depressant you could ever imagine for the past 30 years.  To put them in my signature would be a waste of time as there would not be enough room.  LOL.    Recently I tapered off of Klonopin and then Gabapentin using NAD+ Therapy.  This was the only way I could get off and it worked great.  I had protracted withdrawal which was bad.   I have tried to get bank on anti-depressants recently and I am just too sensitive.  I read about using Fish Oil on this site and the post that "AltoStrata" has made about fish oil.  I went to Trader Joes and purchased exactly what he was taking and implement the same thing.  Guess what.  I feel amazing.  I cannot thank you enough AltoStrata for sharing this. 

• ChessieCat changed the title to mentalhealth1
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi, Mentalhealth1. 

Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants.

I'm glad you're feeling so well! Yes, fish oil is a good supplement to add for many of us during withdrawal. 

Are you completely off all psychiatric drugs now? 

Please add a signature. While I understand you've been on a number of them, the first post in this thread describes how you can add them all in:

How to Summarize Your Drug History in Your Signature

Here's a direct link to your signature:

Create Your Signature in "Account Settings"

Please continue to use this thread to ask questions about your taper and recovery. 

• 1 year later...
  • Mentor
On 1/8/2022 at 8:13 PM, mentalhealth1 said:

Recently I tapered off of Klonopin and then Gabapentin using NAD+ Therapy.  This was the only way I could get off and it worked great.

Hi @mentalhealth1!  I would like to know more about your experience with NAD Therapy.  My sister is a mental health therapist and one of her clients said he was able to get off opiates by utilizing this.  I am very intrigued!  Please tell me more when you have a chance....thanks!  

Disclaimer:  This is not professional medical advice but is based on personal experience only.

1994 - 2017:  Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Paxil, Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Seroquel, Buspar, Lorazepam, Xanax, Ambien

2005-present:  Trazodone 50 mg 

2017:  Effexor XR 37.5 >> 75 mg 

2020 (March):  Began 10% monthly taper of Effexor XR (got down to 12 mg)

2021 (September):  Completely crashed.  Went back up to 37.5 mg but in doing so I kindled myself

2024:  1/1:  35.6 mg (-6 beads)  |  2/1:  33.8 mg (-11 beads)  |  3/1:  32.1 mg (-16 beads)  |   4/1:  (-18 beads)

Reasons for starting psych meds:  PMDD/Depression, Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Other medications:  Levothyroxine 75 mcg

Supplements:  Dr. Berg's Electrolyte Powder on occasion   

• 2 months later...
On 7/24/2023 at 7:12 PM, Catina7 said:

Hi @mentalhealth1!  I would like to know more about your experience with NAD Therapy.  My sister is a mental health therapist and one of her clients said he was able to get off opiates by utilizing this.  I am very intrigued!  Please tell me more when you have a chance....thanks!  

did you ever explore this more? 

5/10-viibryd 15 to 10 start 10 prozac

5/17-adrenaline surges, panic, viibryd to 7.5

5/20-stopped viibryd ?serotonin syndrome

5/23-stopped Prozac as symptoms continued 

6/2-reinstated viibryd 5mg

6/7-10 mg-better x 1 week only

6/13-15 mg-same thing

6/22-20 mg-same thing but akathesia went away

7/7-viibryd 25 mg split 15 am 10 pm
7/7-started Lunesta to sleep, 0.25 Ativan prn.

7/27-started propanolol 10 mg BID
8/1-viibryd reduced to 10 mg am 10 pm

• Mentor
8 minutes ago, Ma205 said:

did you ever explore this more? 

A little bit.  It's mainly used for alcohol and opioid withdrawals.  I never heard back from the SA member that I tagged to hear what they had to say about it.  

Disclaimer:  This is not professional medical advice but is based on personal experience only.

1994 - 2017:  Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Paxil, Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Seroquel, Buspar, Lorazepam, Xanax, Ambien

2005-present:  Trazodone 50 mg 

2017:  Effexor XR 37.5 >> 75 mg 

2020 (March):  Began 10% monthly taper of Effexor XR (got down to 12 mg)

2021 (September):  Completely crashed.  Went back up to 37.5 mg but in doing so I kindled myself

2024:  1/1:  35.6 mg (-6 beads)  |  2/1:  33.8 mg (-11 beads)  |  3/1:  32.1 mg (-16 beads)  |   4/1:  (-18 beads)

Reasons for starting psych meds:  PMDD/Depression, Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Other medications:  Levothyroxine 75 mcg

Supplements:  Dr. Berg's Electrolyte Powder on occasion