Pharmaceutical Companies Duty of Care and potential Next Steps

Greg69

Hi All,

I hope you are all keeping a well during the battles we are all having getting off a variety of different type of drugs, I really hope the light will shine again you myself and all others being helped by this wonderful site and many other.

The point of my post,  As you can see from my profile I was only Lexapro for a short period but have suffered what can only be described as Horrendous effects but also has a catastrophic effect on my family, work and personal life and more etc, I know many on here have suffered the same things, I am going to be really honest in the year 2022 I don't think its correct that this should be happening to people like us, all the Information should be given at the start of your mental health Journey so we could have made a better educated decision on whether a certain Drug or not, I have done month of research on this and to no surprise, my findings have been shocking, as I say I am no doctor but I just spent time reading, reading and reading some more to get a good level and fair perspective, as you will probably now by now there are millions of people around the world suffering the same fate as our self, over the last 3-5 years it is being highlighted more and more and coming into the public domain, I will say Pharma companies have known about these issues for nearly 4 decades but like many other big business its profit before people, well the tide is starting to turn on the these large companies, especially over the last 3-5 years, when people tried to fight these large companies in court over 8-15 years ago in most cases the case was dismissed due to the companies using the old adage, the person has relapsed in there mental health state and most judgement went in favour of the large companies with their multi million pound legal teams, I raise a further point why would you need such investment in legal if didn't have anything to hide, My point is there is now more and more large Pharma companies settling in out of court settlements at the start of the legal process as due to this press what is really happening is now out there and coming out more and more, My point is there is now more hiding this horrific situation anymore and more and more Pharma companies are being held account for there horrendous behaviour, Pharma companies don't make cures they make customers, I have just started the legal process again Forest Pharmaceuticals, being honest its at the very early stages, It has been registered with my GP/Doctor (UK) and also with the UK Yellow Card system which covers all meds situations like this, all issues are Investigated by a board connected to UK National Health Service, Forest Pharmaceuticals have already been back it touch and have acknowledged by Issues/Case, there are more and more Law firms in the UK/US and more that will do a claim on a no win now fee basis as there are so many cases coming forward, I had a ex colleague take Abbvie Pharmaceuticals on the same route, they settle out of court with in 3 months of starting the process, again they did check all her medical records etc, Its just a view and please think very carefully as your recovery is No1 priority, again please do you own homework, its all out there, I wish you all the luck and thanks to this Platform your work is amazing, Thanks Greg 

HI

Lexapro 5mg 16/10/21 to 16/11/21 - Lexapro 10mg 16/11/21 to 16/12/21 - decided not for me started an advised taper Lexapro 7.5mg 17/12/21 to 17/12/22 - Lexapro 5mg 18/1/22 to 18/2/22 - Lexapro 2.5mg 19/2/22 to 5/4/22 - Lexapro 1.25mg 6/4/22 to 7/6/22 - Then stopped completely, no further meds taken

• 2 weeks later...

@Greg69

Thank you for sharing this. Hats off for initiating legal process. I imagine that requires quite a lot of courage and strength. 

Please check back in now and then to keep us updated with the proceedings. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is very interested to follow and support your case. 

Do you have official legal representation or are you filing and doing everything yourself? Have you found lawyers who specialize in this area? 

I feel like our cause needs a team of Erin Brockovich types...

Best of luck to you, I wish you all the success for your efforts and a meaningful time on the way there.

A.

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

supplements: magnesium powder (dissolved in water) as needed throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil w/ morning meal; 2mg melatonin 

August 1, 2022 - 1 mg melatonin

Courage is fear that has said its prayers.  - Karle Wilson Baker

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

I am not a medical professional; this is not medical advice. 

@Greg69 i hope it goes well for u.. but i didnt get it do u suggest for the ones who are harmed by AD to file a case against pharma companies ?

i have heard that there were petitions being shown to scottland parilmant i think ? did it change anything .. i hope there were many petitions being collected 

i dont know if other nationalities like Egypt can participate in any of these .. as here in Egypt there is no such an Awareness even though there are many who are being prescribed these meds but as always Health is not sth to care about in egypt 

Sep 2019  Escitalopram 5 mg  

Mar 2020   Escitalopram 40mg

May 2020    Escitalopram 35 mg+25mg Clompiramine 

Sep 2020  Escitalopram 20mg +25mg Clompiramine

Dec 2020  Escitalopram 15mg+ 25 mg Clompiramine 

Jan 2021 Escitalopram 10 mg + 25 mgClompiramine 

Feb 2021 Escitalopram 5mg +25 mgClompiramine 

Mar 2021  50 mg Clompiramine for few days 

Mar 2021 25 mg Clompiramine 

Apr 2021 0 mg Clompiramine " this step without consulting the Dr"