Neurotoxic vs. brain-boosting: psychiatric drugs http://wp.me/p5nnb-7mD

GiaK

I generally stay out of the fray because I'm too sick to cope with it and also I find it useless to engage with those who refuse to acknowledge the harm caused by these drugs...

so I wrote this not for the guy who came at me, but for others who might hear the message...

Neurotoxic vs. brain-boosting: psychiatric drugs

http://beyondmeds.com/2012/08/13/neurotoxic-vs-brain-boosting/

the guy who triggered this post saw it...didn't really expect that, but it's the internet...content out to the masses *sigh* Again missing the point of the piece...and the fact that I don't bother fighting with people who won't acknowledge harm.

it's exhausting.

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

Raising the issue of the "fray" strikes me in a somewhat unrelated way, maybe deserving it's topic. But, I've found many doctors and therapists so highly wedded to their Broken Brain model that they refuse to investigate anything I tell them about my case. I generally am dismissed or seen as lacking insight when I describe my current problems. There are, I suppose, a lot of psychological reasons for sticking ones head in the sand.

I wonder how people do find professionals on my side of the fray? I'd love to find a psychologist or psychiatrist who is compassionate towards my struggle rather than antagonistic towards it.

Exhausting, yes.

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

oh...well, I won't see anyone who doesn't believe me...period.

I've become quite adept at finding people who do...that doesn't mean they are helpful in terms of knowing what to do, but it's not been difficult for me to find people that believe me...

that may in part be that I know how speak with other professionals very well, having been one...but I also just know tons of like-minded professionals now too...since I was one, I do some "hanging out" with them on the internet...we do lots of shop-talk etc...

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

I do see people who don't believe me. That phrase may be deceiving or inappropriate. It's not that they think I'm lying (that the symptoms dont exist at all) but that my explanation is "my explanation" and alternative explanations would be more accurate, ie i have unusual depressive disorder, unusual eating disorder, etc... In any event until I find a doctor who is familiar with this stuff, I have little choice but to play this game to get benzo scripts renewed.

If anyone has a recommendation for an openminded physician/psychiatrist in central Texas please PM me.

- Zimmerman

• Administrator

If I were taking legal speed (which is what I call the ADHD drugs), I probably wouldn't want anyone criticizing it, either. Legal speed is addicting. And it might be my personal little secret about how I do better than anyone else in school.

A lot of factors might play into a state of denial.

Great post, Gia!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

If anyone has a recommendation for an openminded physician/psychiatrist in central Texas please PM me.

I don't know Texas, so maybe this isn't in your area, but Dr. John Breeding I believe practices there. He's a psychologist whom apparently disagrees with a lot of what psychiatry is doing:

http://www.wildestcolts.com/

I don't know him at all, but from his website he sounds like possibly one of the sanest people on the planet.

I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions.

Wow. Coincidentally, I've been waiting for a retrun call from Breeding. He is my area. I do need a prescribing doc but I figured Dr. Breeding may be helpful.

I've taken this thread off topic a bit. Apologies.

- Zimmerman

John is a nice guy...if you want you can mention you know me...he's a friend and a very good man. I would think he would know who might be good to see...with psychiatrists sometimes just getting someone to cooperate is the best we can do...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy