would like to start in person support group

moonbow0202

Hi All,

I am very interested in starting a local support group. i have been in addiction recovery for 11 years and know that support groups can be very helpful. while there are definitely similarities between recovery from psych meds and addiction recovery there are also some significant differences. Please PM me if you,or someone you know,are in the greater Cleveland area and would be interested in this.

15+ years on various ADs and combos. Spent 3 yrs tapering (off & on ) off 225mg Effexor venlafaxine) XR & Remeron (mirtazapine). Finished tapering Oct 2014.

• Administrator

Excellent idea, moonbow.

You can also start a topic on the Mad in America site http://www.madinamerica.com/forums/forum/beyond-anatomy/ in the Community section.

(I'm very interested in the ways addiction recovery and psychiatric drug recovery are the same and different. Would you consider starting a topic in Symptoms about that?)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Start a group via meetup.com. I'd like to do that

Various SSRIs/SNRIs 7- 1/2 years

Went Cold Turkey from Celexa 2011, Stayed Off

Psych Drug Free and Loving Life (over 6 years and counting)

How I Stay Well: Diet, exercise, meditation, supplements, etc

Start a group via meetup.com. I'd like to do that

i have a meetup account,it uses my name, I would want this to be anonymous. Also, I just looked on meetup and saw something about a $12.00 monthly fee for starting a new group.

15+ years on various ADs and combos. Spent 3 yrs tapering (off & on ) off 225mg Effexor venlafaxine) XR & Remeron (mirtazapine). Finished tapering Oct 2014.

Excellent idea, moonbow.

You can also start a topic on the Mad in America site http://www.madinamer...beyond-anatomy/ in the Community section.

thanks for the suggestion!

Excellent idea, moonbow.

You can also start a topic on the Mad in America site http://www.madinamer...beyond-anatomy/ in the Community section.

(I'm very interested in the ways addiction recovery and psychiatric drug recovery are the same and different. Would you consider starting a topic in Symptoms about that?)

I am working on a post about similarities and differences. For now, let me say that the addiction recovery meetings I attend (12 step) have not been helpful in regards to the AD recovery. 12 step meetings strongly emphasize 'defects of character " which led to our problems.

• Administrator

I ran a group in San Francisco for a couple of years. I posted on Craigslist, the ads are free.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

Library bulletin boards also seem to be a good place to post support group information.

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

• 2 weeks later...

I posted to craig's list, Mad in America, and Med Free or Working on it. Before i start posting fliers anywhere I want to create an email address that will allow me to be anonymous.

I was thinking of a username of survivingpsychmeds or survivingpsychmedsohio. I checked for both on namchk.com.

I would be really grateful for any comments and/or suggestions.