Negative comment on Steve Balt's blog deleted

compsports

Well, my comment on Steve Balt's blog entry about prescribing meds was deleted. I basically said he was trying to have it both ways about meds. I guess he didn't like that.

Anyway, he keeps making excuses as to why he can't practice psychiatry the "right" way. It is really getting tiring.

CS

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

• Moderator Emeritus

I read that blog post today, does sound like he wants to run with the foxes and hunt with the hounds.

*** Please note this is not medical advice,discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner***

http://prozacwithdrawal.blogspot.com/
Original drug was sertraline/Zoloft, switched to Prozac in 2007.
Tapering from 5mls liquid prozac since Feb 2008, got down to 0.85ml 23/09/2012, reinstated back to 1ml(4mg) 07/11/2012, didn't appear to work, upped to 1.05ml 17/11/2012, back down to 1ml 12/12/2012 didn't work, up to 1.30ml 16/3/2013 didn't work, bumped up to 2ml (8mg) 4/4/2013 didn't work, in July 2013 I reinstated Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, feeling better now. 

A few months down the line I switched to 5ml liquid Prozac and tapered down to a compromise dose of 3ml liquid Prozac and have stayed there ever since, no withdrawals and no emotional blunting/loss of libido.

I read that blog post today, does sound like he wants to run with the foxes and hunt with the hounds.

Thanks Dawn for verifying my suspicions. I have long felt like he was talking about of both sides of his mouth.

But a part of me thought I needed to give him the benefit of the doubt since he was an intern and subject to other people's rules. But now that he is no longer an intern, he has run out of excuses in my opinion.

CS

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm not Dawn :)

I haven't followed him that closely, I subscribed to so many blogs that I lose track a bit, probably ought to pay more attention.

*** Please note this is not medical advice,discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner***

http://prozacwithdrawal.blogspot.com/
Original drug was sertraline/Zoloft, switched to Prozac in 2007.
Tapering from 5mls liquid prozac since Feb 2008, got down to 0.85ml 23/09/2012, reinstated back to 1ml(4mg) 07/11/2012, didn't appear to work, upped to 1.05ml 17/11/2012, back down to 1ml 12/12/2012 didn't work, up to 1.30ml 16/3/2013 didn't work, bumped up to 2ml (8mg) 4/4/2013 didn't work, in July 2013 I reinstated Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, feeling better now. 

A few months down the line I switched to 5ml liquid Prozac and tapered down to a compromise dose of 3ml liquid Prozac and have stayed there ever since, no withdrawals and no emotional blunting/loss of libido.

I'm not Dawn :)

I haven't followed him that closely, I subscribed to so many blogs that I lose track a bit, probably ought to pay more attention.

Sorry about that :blush:

If you value your possessions, you don't want to follow the blog too closely because otherwise, you might be tempted to throw something.

CS

Thanks Dawn for verifying my suspicions. I have long felt like he was talking about of both sides of his mouth.

But a part of me thought I needed to give him the benefit of the doubt since he was an intern and subject to other people's rules. But now that he is no longer an intern, he has run out of excuses in my opinion.

CS

It probably boils down to money and the need to pay off those med school loans. Even if it costs a few lives along the way. Good to see that 'do no harm' means nothing these days though. That's always comforting.

CS

It probably boils down to money and the need to pay off those med school loans. Even if it costs a few lives along the way. Good to see that 'do no harm' means nothing these days though. That's always comforting.

Very well said. Cost of doing business right :rolleyes:

CS

• Administrator

Hey, give him a break. At least he's learning.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hey, give him a break. At least he's learning.

What has he learned?

CS

• Administrator

The drugs don't work?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

The drugs don't work?

Then why is he continuing to justify prescribing them?

CS

• Administrator

You'll have to ask him.

You'll have to ask him.

Unfortunately, he already deleted a post I wrote that he perceived as too negative so I doubt he will respond.

CS

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy