Having fun

peggy

• Moderator Emeritus

Remember when you were young and you used to do something that you would get really excited about? How many of us do that now? I was thinking about this and realised that even though i do things that i enjoy, like hiking, sewing, cooking, i don't really do anything that is FUN, or something that i can go to bed the night before and think 'Yay, tomorrow i am'..- I think that when we are tapering/withdrawing/recovering or what ever it is important to create as many opportunities to allow us to feel good that we can. Even if in the beginning we don't really want to do them, - or derive the pleasure from them that we used to, i think that maybe the feelings will catch up when we start to do them.

Now, i just have to think of something that i can do that i will look forward to.

What do others do, and what do you think?

Started in 2000 - On 150mg most of the time, (but up to 225mg at highest dose for 6 months in the beginning)
Reduced off easily first time - but got depressed (not too much anxiety) 6 months later
Back on effexor for another 9 months.
Reduced off again with no immediate w/d - suddenly got depressed and anxious ++ again 3 or 4 months later.
Back on effexor - this time for 3 years
Reduced off over a month - 6 weeks later terrible anxiety - back on.
Rinse and repeat 4 more times - each time the period before the anxiety comes back got shorter and shorter
Jan - July 2012 75mg down to 37.5mg;, 8/3/12 - 35mg. 8/25/12 - 32mg. 9/11- 28mg, 10/2 - 25mg, 10/29 - 22mg, 11/19 - 19.8mg; 12/11 - 17m,
1/1- 15.5mg; 1/22 -14mg, 2/7 14.9mg, 2/18 - 17.8mg - crashed big time: back to 75mg where i sat for 2 years....

4th  March 2015 - 67.5mg;   31st March - 60mg;  24th April - 53mg; 13th May - 48mg; 26th May - 45mg;  9th June - 41mg; 1 July- 37.5mg; 20 July - 34mg; 11 August - 31mg; 1st Sept - 28mg;  1st Dec - 25.8mg;  28th Dec - 23.2mg; 23rd Jan-21.9mg; Feb 7th- 21mg; March 1st - 20.1mg, March 30th - 18mg

• Moderator Emeritus

I've been thinking about this one for a few days, and I think for me I used to get excited about going on holiday, or just going anywhere different for a few days, sadly a holiday hasn't happened for a few years now, it's called having a self employed husband and not enough money. I love theme parks or a big day out, but I get so excited I don't sleep the night before :D

*** Please note this is not medical advice,discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner***

http://prozacwithdrawal.blogspot.com/
Original drug was sertraline/Zoloft, switched to Prozac in 2007.
Tapering from 5mls liquid prozac since Feb 2008, got down to 0.85ml 23/09/2012, reinstated back to 1ml(4mg) 07/11/2012, didn't appear to work, upped to 1.05ml 17/11/2012, back down to 1ml 12/12/2012 didn't work, up to 1.30ml 16/3/2013 didn't work, bumped up to 2ml (8mg) 4/4/2013 didn't work, in July 2013 I reinstated Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, feeling better now. 

A few months down the line I switched to 5ml liquid Prozac and tapered down to a compromise dose of 3ml liquid Prozac and have stayed there ever since, no withdrawals and no emotional blunting/loss of libido.

Not much at all. I don't have fun anymore. Just too serious and focused on working.

My only real fun is my Saturday morning Al-Anon meeting on the beach and brunch afterwards.

something's got to give with this, and it's up to me

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

Having anything to look forward to, even if not traditional *FUN* is important (though FUN is preferable!). Very difficult at present because everything seems so bland.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

• Moderator Emeritus

We live in the country and I want to get a few chicks, watch them grow into hens and gather some eggs. I love animals of all kinds and chickens can be amusing.

Chickens are low maintenance plus they will pay back with eggs. I've already asked my husband to build a coop and am looking forward to this.

My neighbors have chickens and give us eggs. Other neighbors have goats. If someone has a well, we should be set in an emergency.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

This reminds me of the old TV show "Green Acres". Farm living is the life for me... :D

Right now...

New York is where I'd rather be!

Yes, Barb, that would be fun! I've never been to New York....sigh....

Let's GO!!! I'm in just that kind of mood!!

• Moderator Emeritus

Come to New Orleans! Fun was invented here (by alcoholics).

3 Years 150 mgs Effexor

2 month taper down to zero

3 terrible weeks at zero

Back up to 75 mgs

2 months at 75

6 or so months back to regular dose of 150 - was able to restabilize fine.

3 month taper back to zero

1 HORRENDOUS week at zero

2 days back up to 37.5

3 days back up to 75

One week at 150 - unable to stabilize.

Back down to 75 mgs

At 75 mgs (half original dose) and suffering withdrawal symptoms since October 2012.

"It is a radical cure for all pessimism to become ill, to remain ill for a good while, and then grow well for a still longer period." - Nietzsche

Love New Orleans!

I don't know what I do for fun, honestly. I've been on Drugs since I was 18 and I really am not interested in any of the stuff I did for fun in my 20s.

I'd like to try a job, not a crap service industry job but a job that pays that bills. That's be fun, I think.

My friends complain about their jobs so I'm sure I'd dislike it after awhile. (It's very hard to imagine being a regular person with a bad boss and irritating neighbors. I am hopeful though.)

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

You live in New Orleans? I haven't been there since Katrina. I'm not gonna go back until y'all can keep the lights on for an entire Super Bowl... ;-)

- Zimmerman

• Moderator Emeritus

i was having a discussion about this with a friend and they suggested flying lessons...but i think i would be too scared - apart from the $$$. I have other friends that have a boat and they go water skiing

Started in 2000 - On 150mg most of the time, (but up to 225mg at highest dose for 6 months in the beginning)
Reduced off easily first time - but got depressed (not too much anxiety) 6 months later
Reduced off again with no immediate w/d - suddenly got depressed and anxious ++ again 3 or 4 months later.
Rinse and repeat 4 more times - each time the period before the anxiety comes back got shorter and shorter
Jan - July 2012 75mg down to 37.5mg;, 8/3/12 - 35mg. 8/25/12 - 32mg. 9/11- 28mg, 10/2 - 25mg, 10/29 - 22mg, 11/19 - 19.8mg; 12/11 - 17m,
1/1- 15.5mg; 1/22 -14mg, 2/7 14.9mg, 2/18 - 17.8mg - crashed big time: back to 75mg where i sat for 2 years....

4th  March 2015 - 67.5mg;   31st March - 60mg;  24th April - 53mg; 13th May - 48mg; 26th May - 45mg;  9th June - 41mg; 1 July- 37.5mg; 20 July - 34mg; 11 August - 31mg; 1st Sept - 28mg;  1st Dec - 25.8mg;  28th Dec - 23.2mg; 23rd Jan-21.9mg; Feb 7th- 21mg; March 1st - 20.1mg, March 30th - 18mg

• Moderator Emeritus

You live in New Orleans? I haven't been there since Katrina. I'm not gonna go back until y'all can keep the lights on for an entire Super Bowl... ;-)

Hah! Things don't always work like they should down here, part of the charm you could say.

3 Years 150 mgs Effexor

2 month taper down to zero

3 terrible weeks at zero

Back up to 75 mgs

2 months at 75

6 or so months back to regular dose of 150 - was able to restabilize fine.

3 month taper back to zero

1 HORRENDOUS week at zero

2 days back up to 37.5

3 days back up to 75

One week at 150 - unable to stabilize.

Back down to 75 mgs

At 75 mgs (half original dose) and suffering withdrawal symptoms since October 2012.

"It is a radical cure for all pessimism to become ill, to remain ill for a good while, and then grow well for a still longer period." - Nietzsche

We are going to Lowe's tonight to see how much it would cost to set up a garden. This is the first new thing I have initiated since 2006 when I passed through the gateway into major drugs. Alex, so hopeful for you too! Meimeiquest

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

i was having a discussion about this with a friend and they suggested flying lessons...but i think i would be too scared - apart from the $$$. I have other friends that have a boat and they go water skiing

Flying lessons- an interesting idea, Peggy! I knew a flight instructor and he took me up a few times. Very peaceful but adventurous, too.

LOVE boating! It's a tease being near the coast without access to a boat. Perhaps I'll look into boating / sailing lessons. Boating would definitely win with me. :)

I'm waaay too uncoordinated to stay up on skies. Skiis? Skis? I hate when a word looks wrong!

Thanks for the ideas!

• Moderator Emeritus

My son drove for three hours Saturday, planning to jump out of an airplane. He was so disappointed because it was too windy! He calls stuff like that fun.

I did a sky flying thing with him about three years ago, it was pretty fun.

No way in hell I'd jump out of a plane.

What's sky flying?

I drove those little race cars around the track once. Not real cars, but not bumper cars. I forget what they're called. They went alot faster than i expected.

Wave runners /jet skiis. Rollercoasters.

I think i like speed. Sitting down. I don't stay up on my feet well. Rollerblading- nope.

• Moderator Emeritus

The sky-flying thing is where it takes you up in the air about a hundred feet (maybe only 60 feet-?) and you pull a rip cord and it lets you fly thru the air hooked to a cable.

I wouldn't jump out of an airplane either.

Hats off to any regular poster on this board enjoying a plunge from an airplane. Speaking for myself, that's probably more adrenaline than I'd want to instigate!

Hah!

- Zimmerman

• Moderator Emeritus

Hats off to any regular poster on this board enjoying a plunge from an airplane. Speaking for myself, that's probably more adrenaline than I'd want to instigate!

Hah!

Ha ha, Alexejice - i am not suggesting plunging from the plane - just learning to fly one!

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy