UN report states that involuntary tx of those w psych labels is torture http://wp.me/p5nnb-8PV

GiaK

UN report states that involuntary treatment of those with psychiatric labels is torture

It’s actually been said before. Maybe this time someone other than the victims will listen.

Human rights are being violated everyday in the USA and all over the world in the name of psychiatry yet hardly anyone cares or believes it’s happening at all.

The UN came out with a report that states that forced psychiatric care passes the threshold of maltreatment to TORTURE.

Yes.

Summary

The present report focuses on certain forms of abuses in health-care settings that may cross a threshold of mistreatment that is tantamount to torture or cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment. It identifies the policies that promote these practices and existing protection gaps.

By illustrating some of these abusive practices in health-care settings, the report sheds light on often undetected forms of abusive practices that occur under the auspices of health-care policies, and emphasizes how certain treatments run afoul of the prohibition on torture and ill-treatment. It identifies the scope of State‟s obligations to regulate, control and supervise health-care practices with a view to preventing mistreatment under any pretext.

The Special Rapporteur examines a number of the abusive practices commonly reported in health-care settings and describes how the torture and ill-treatment framework applies in this context. The examples of torture and ill-treatment in health settings discussed likely represent a small fraction of this global problem.

And from the body of the report:

For example, the mandate has held that the discriminatory character of forced psychiatric interventions, when committed against persons with psychosocial disabilities, satisfies both intent and purpose required under the article 1 of the Convention against Torture, notwithstanding claims of “good intentions” by medical professionals (ibid., paras. 47, 48). (the PDF file here)

If you’re not aware of just how brutal and coercive psychiatry can be, it’s well worth understanding. Some of it is so extreme it’s hard for those uninitiated to conceive of but, sadly, it’s very common. The bottom line is psychiatry, in general, at best, is subtly coercive. Drugs are generally presented as necessary rather than one, often far less than ideal, possibility for treatment. This means one is made to believe through somewhat more subtle coercion that they have no choice but to take drugs with very dangerous adverse effects that include disabling physical illness and very early death.

More on forced treatment.... (rest of the post) http://wp.me/p5nnb-8PV

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

• Moderator Emeritus

I hope something comes of this. Violence and persecution via psychiatric intervention has been going on for a very long time in the US. The ease with which a person can now be committed to an institution and forced to take dangerous medications or submit to brutal procedures like ECT is terrifying.

Thanks for the post, Gia.

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

Add in the brainwashing factor where you become indoctrinated to the belief that these drugs are the only way to feel better, and it really is a cunning form of torture born out of greed and ignorance. They once thought lobotomies were good, too.

Meanwhile, plenty pay for this ignorance.

Psych drugs should be a LAST resort after years of other options have been used. Primarily, the first line of treatment should be things like meditation, coping skills of all sorts that do not involve drugs but involve learning to accept and deal with situational stressors and even identify them. Also, teaching people that bad stuff happens and you cannot control everything should be the first line of defense. I went through PTSD with no drugs and only therapy once a week for months. I coped. I healed. I went on without issues and the need for drugs for a long time. But now, they want to just drug you up to fix things quick. Of course, I wish someone would begin to start looking at it through a different lens, like say, giving someone heroin, cocaine, pot, alcohol, etc to help them feel better rather than coping skills. If you take out the psych drugs and substitute illegal drugs that already have a negative image, the picture looks a lot different, doesn't it? One day, all of this will be viewed the same way and people will see that it was always treating the symptoms rather than the underlying issues that caused the symptoms. Bad medicine at best. Witchdoctory at worst.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy