how to deal with stiffness / rigidity of muscles and joints?

vaseadude

I've been having stiffness in my legs for a few months now. During the day it is more tolerable, I can walk and do some things, in the evening it gets worse, and I can't even stand for 20 sec without strain in my knees.  It used to be worse, as my walking was like an old man's, with little steps. I haven't recognized it as an adverse effect from the antipsychotic at first but now I am pretty sure. Most rigid are my knee joints, and sometimes I get stiff in my toes, and under the ribs..

Does anybody know how to deal with these symptoms without anti-parkinson drugs? 

2008 - started taking Risperidone.

In 2014 tried to taper it, taperred it to 1mg during several months then abruptly stopped, ended up in the hospital. 

2014-2015  -  been off meds 3 times, all 3 times ended in the hospital and was put back on them.

13 Jun 2016 - went  from 2 mg Risperidone to 1.5mg

slow gentle stretching...start with simple extensions of the arms and legs. you can be seated or in bed...extend the limb and slowly rotate hands and feet...spread your toes and fingers...etc...

do as much or as little as you need to do...graduate to standing and doing the same...

look to youtube for simple yoga routines as you can...

there are books on yoga in bed...and also chair yoga and chair tai chi...etc...

baby steps...

also ginger, turmeric and some other spices are good for body pains, stiffness etc...getting the fresh roots and grating them into your food and making tea etc is nice 

see this post:

http://beyondmeds.com/2013/02/15/fresh-turmeric-and-fresh-ginger/

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy