Trying: New here - Oxazepam and Citalopram

Trying

Thank you Skyler,

I,am already taking the magnesium, take 800mg before bed, have been doing that for a long time....

do i have to take more? It,s from a good brand called Now....

So i guess there is nothing much i can do?

Just have to ride it out.......i guess

x

Dec 2012 started citalopram 20 mg , could,t handle it, went back to 10mg.

One week later 10 mg in the morning ,10 mg in the evening.

8 weeks later 20 mg at once, spend 2 days sleeping( sensitieve ?)

Oxazepam jan- april 2013 40 mg a day, became so ill, taperd 40- 0 in 5 weeks, jumped at 5 mg.

18 juli taperd citalopram in 5 weeks 20-0 , jumped at 5 mg......

Today still suffering, want it to end!

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you Skyler,

I,am already taking the magnesium, take 800mg before bed, have been doing that for a long time....

do i have to take more? It,s from a good brand called Now....

So i guess there is nothing much i can do?

Just have to ride it out.......i guess

x

Hi .. 800 mgs. of magnesium is pretty much an optimal dose.. I did not find a positive benefit when I went higher.. but if you tolerate it well you might try 1200 mgs.

Unfortunately there is not a whole lot more you can do at this point.. except be very understanding of yourself, be non judgemental.. use mindfulness to accept your symptoms and 'relax' into them.  In the event you want to try mindfulness, you might be interested in The Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook. I'm not a proponent of mindfulness or workbooks for deep seated problems, but for this approach can be helpful for WD related Sx.

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Thank you....

i sure hope this wil end some were, and that it,s not getting any wors....

Feel like a freak that should,t be locked up......sometime,s....

I have a few maybe 2 or 3 hours a day that al of a sudden i think,,,,hey that,s me again....

Guess that,s a good sign, that i can be ,normal, to.....

Is that how it works, healing? ....

x

Sandra.

Oxazepam jan- april 2013 40 mg a day, became so ill, taperd 40- 0 in 5 weeks, jumped at 5 mg.

• Moderator Emeritus
I have a few maybe 2 or 3 hours a day that al of a sudden i think,,,,hey that,s me again....

Is that how it works, healing? ..

Yes, that's an excellent sign.  It's part of the Windows and Waves pattern of recovery. I've had windows that last part of a day, and windows that last for whole days.. this is happens when your nervous system is regaining homeostasis and indicates you are recovering.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Is that how it works, healing? ..

Yes, that's an excellent sign.  It's part of the Windows and Waves pattern of recovery. I've had windows that last part of a day, and windows that last for whole days.. this is happens when your nervous system is regaining homeostasis and indicates you are recovering.

:wub:

Do you think that the akathasia could,t be a less servere form of it?

Because the akathasia that i found on the net is a bit different than what i,am having.....

I did had the restless legs but that,s not so bad anymore, just a little bit in the evening, and it,s more pins and needles now.

I do have the inner restless, but i don,t have to move al the time, and my jaw is still jittering when i put my tongue between my theeth......

From what i read people have to move there legs al the time, or walk around, and that if the don,t they get verry agitatid.....

I don,t have that, i do think that it is tardive akathasia, because it started after the meds, but do you think that mine is less servere?

Maybe it won,t lest that long, the restless legs is much better, so that must be a sign things are getting better,

Wil it go away????

Sorry to bother you so much, and beeing so in to me that i,am not asking how you are doing........sorry......

x

• Moderator Emeritus

Trying.. I'm not sure what the akasthisia (this includes inner restlessness) "is a less severe form of", but the words are no more than labels. The fact your symptoms are ebbing for a time each day (what you feel) is what's important. .. Maybe some of the neuroemotion worries are getting out ahead of you? 

I get what you are saying.....

I just saw an artikel about akathasia that it has to do with a dopmine problem that has to do with anger, arrousal and some other stuff.....

Could,t that also be why pssd is still an problem for me?

The things that botter me know are, stiff jaws, were the mounth opens and closes under the ear pain, and when i put my tongue between my teeth , my jaw is jittering, going up and down verry fast.....

And a feeling of wanting to jump out of my skin, a strange feeling, like something bad is going to happen.....

Verry vivid dreams

PSSD.......

Pins and needles lower legs

Al really normal in WD?

Just looking for reasurance......hope it,s goes....

x

• Moderator Emeritus
Al really normal in WD?

Just looking for reasurance......hope it,s goes....

As stated previously, the symptoms you describe are most likely WD Symptoms.. You need to learn about  antidepressant withdrawal syndrome:)  Also, you can read about benzodiazepine WD symptoms here.  As you just rapidly tapered of both, there is an overlap.  WD is a 'bear', but you are having windows on a daily basis, which means you are on your way to recovery.

I guess i have to enjoy the little Windows that appear sometime,s ......

Even if it,s just for 5 minutes ......

It,s just hard if they are gone again, and when i look up symptoms, i can,t seem to find mine.....

I guess what you means is that i don,t have to label everything, but just take it the way it is and deal with it the best i can.....

But i think it,s only human to want to know that you are not the only one, and that things wil end, also because you guys are the only thing we have to hang on to, because there is no doctor who believe,s this is WD.....

For me knowing that i didn,t have these symptoms before the meds, is what,s keeps me going, it has to be WD.....

But sometime,s when things are bad, you just wanna hear it from someone who knows.....

Thank you Skyler , for your kindness....

X