The cure theory !

Caspahthefriendly

It appears that carbohydrates are forming into alcohol in our stomaches . The ssri has temporarily changed our gastrointestinal system . It now takes carbohydrates and turns it into alcohol in our stomaches. It gives us the feeling of being drunk , without the good feeling but the very intense part. The dizziness , the jitters, the tremors , the headaches , the numbness , all of the symptoms . Elimanate carbohydrates for six weeks and your body will heal to stabilizied levels where it can function properly with carbohyrates ingested .

This is my theory i didnt try it just thought of it today .

• Moderator Emeritus

I can't say I've seen a lot of evidence to support this hypothesis, and there's some pretty overwhelming evidence against it. (Including pretty much everything we know about the physiology and neurobiology of ADs and AD withdrawal, and maybe mammalian physiology in general).

But if you try it and it works, let us know.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

Im going to try it it would be interesting if it could be true . It defies logic yes i kno but if you really look at the symptoms that we are feeling they are all 100 % similar with high concentrates of alcohol in our system. You may say no its not but the levels we are consuming are way higher than any amount of alcohol we could drink . Why dont we die if this is true , because it only mimics like a placebo no true damage has taken . Its like carbohydrates are tricking are brain .

In the early part of our recovery thinking about all the stuttering all the memory loss all the passing out and waking up not knowin where we were . All the bad dreams hallucinations . We Suffer a constant hangover and intoxication

• Administrator

I agree with Rhi. However, if you eat a lot of sweets, minimizing sugar in the diet can help stabilize your hormonal systems overall, and that might reduce some withdrawal symptoms.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy