This music has been seriously chilling me out...

GiaK

I used to hate this sort of new age music...I can't say that musically I like it now...but on an energetic level my body gets ecstatically chilled out...so good...

I suspect it will depend where one is on their healing journey...I suspect this would have been a major irritant even 6 months ago for me...

so with that as a caveat...try it out...

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

I used to hate this sort of new age music...I can't say that musically I like it now...but on an energetic level my body gets ecstatically chilled out...so good...

I suspect it will depend where one is on their healing journey...I suspect this would have been a major irritant even 6 months ago for me...

so with that as a caveat...try it out...

Beautiful, thanks for sharing!  I listen to a lot of Steven Halpern, my favorite right now is "Music for Healing Mind, Body & Spirit".  I play it on a continuous loop at night and it helps me to fall asleep and stay asleep.

Cymbalta 2006-2008

Pristiq Dec. 2008 to present

Starting Effexor this week to wean from Pristiq

11-14-2013 Started Effexor, 50mg in morning, 25mg. in evening.

12-4-2013 cut 25 mg. evening tab in half will stay at two 25 mg. in morning and 1/2  25 mg. tab in evening for 4 weeks.

Goal:  Off all Anti-Depressants in 2014

Off Effexor January 30, 2014.  NEVER AGAIN will I allow a doctor to talk me into any medication!

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you GiaK

I also like this one for stress relief:

It almost puts me to sleep.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

wow...lots of Sonicaid on youtube...I just saved a whole bunch of it...I couldn't find the specific Steve Halpern piece mentioned above...but this search drew lots of interesting titles: "Music for Healing Mind, Body & Spirit" -- https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=%22Music+for+Healing+Mind%2C+Body+%26+Spirit%22&sm=3

and I did a post on the blog here: http://beyondmeds.com/2013/12/23/chilling-me-out/

there are more links to other posts with free download etc of music I found helpful...

here is the list:

More sounds for the soul from Beyond Meds:

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy