Robert Whitaker on his mission, Mar 15, 2013

Altostrata

• Administrator

Robert Whitaker, author of Anatomy of an Epidemic, sums up his mission -- after 2 years of speaking engagements 150 days a year.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

What a great video by a "down to earth" and smart guy. I'm glad to have seen this. He makes so much sense about how all of these medications seem to go paradoxical with long term use.

And he speaks so clearly about the strong correlations between the violence and their use.

I've seen so many young children and teens medicated in my work, that hearing this makes their ongoing difficult behavior understandable.

Big pharma and the money they make are changing our society and our very culture in a revolutionary way. Not evolutionary, but revolutionary.

Marie

On Xanax 10 years for anxiety, 2 mgs, night only. Attempted my own taper w/o understanding the dependency issues.

Researched and then understood the need for longer half life med. Doctor crossed me from X to klonopin 4 times in 6 months. Last time on X, she up dosed me to 3 mgs X.

On last cross attempt, ended up in ER with profound w/d sx from X. Got new doctor. Final cross to K, structured, slow was completed 6/5/12-12/5/12.

Attempting liquid micro taper from K. Difficulty with micro cuts; significant w/d sx requiring several weeks of holding after each cut. Also concerned if it's possible to use pill/liquid combo for dosing.

Hope I Meet Other Benzo Taperers Here! I have tried ADs in past. Could not tolerate them, gave up trying, none for over 12 years.

I haven't yet watched the video but there is no doubt in my mind that he should be Time's "Person of the Year".  Without his influence, psychiatry would be even worse as hard as that is to imagine.

CS

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy