forexworld12: Somebody please help paxil adverse effect

forexworld12

Hi guys I'm 19 and lately I have been going through a lot of hell. I have no idea whats causing it if its anxiety or paxil. so please read my condition and help me out. Around october 2012 I was diagnosed with GAD and biplopar disorder and was on escitalopram for about 2.5 months from october 2012 but then later in the end of december 2012 I was changed to paxil 12.5 CR due to the sexual side effects which didn't get better Which I consumed daily for another max 2.5 months and then went cold turkey and completely stopped the medicine due to the sexual side effects.

I never faced any kind of withdrawal syndrome so I was happy but recently around from december 2012 I was feeling huge huge anxiety and panic attacks and also depression i feel hopless,restless, irritated, angry, feel sad and want to cry. I faced this almost everyday and this which was almost unberable until 2 days ago it got very very worse. As My doctor was on holiday I though hey you know I was on paxil so lets take 1 pill maybe it will get better so I toook take paxil again 2 days ago I just took 1 tablet and after 6 hours I was facing huge itching,burning sensation all over my body. eyebrows,head,neck,arms,back and I am feeling very very hot like raging heat inside me my ears and body (It's still cold here) and cold chills and with extreme anxiety,faint ringing in the ears.

I have been having these sensation from 5 days since i took 1 tablet of paxil and I am feeling very hot from Inside . I have these hot burning from inside I feel like crying I don't know whats happening. This never happened before when I was on meds and when on meds I felt a lot better just the problem were sexual side effects which is still now.....

Probably the biggest mistake was taking that 1 pill of paxil....The most filthy thing is I feel very hot from inside, heat in my ears and face and the body temp is normal .this hotness is driving me crazy. Perhaps I didn't say everything how it was caused. well the day I took paxil 6 hour later I was jerking off, well I had pssd Like very low libido and numb gential but I was able to jerk off so as I ejacuated all these reactions have triggered.Maybe ejacutation released some chemical into brain that fuc** up with paxil. but I don't know why jerking off would trigger this ! Since then I developed lots of severe anxiety and depression and now I can't even get it erect and if I try to the heat inside me exaggerates and triggers agitation/panic. same If I try excersize or jogging The heat from inside becomes to hot

I don't know why is this happening ? I feel like crying ..  Why after 1 tablet of paxil ?

The fact that my anxiety and depression are worse i can bear it but these burning and itching sensation all over my body and feeling very , heat  from inside is too much but body temp is normal..

• Administrator

Welcome, forexworld12.

Hi guys I'm 19 and lately I have been going through a lot of hell. I have no idea whats causing it if its anxiety or paxil. so please read my condition and help me out. Around october 2012 I was diagnosed with GAD and biplopar disorder and was on escitalopram for about 2.5 months from october 2012 but then later in the end of december 2012 I was changed to paxil 12.5 CR due to the sexual side effects which didn't get better Which I consumed daily for another max 2.5 months and then went cold turkey and completely stopped the medicine due to the sexual side effects.

I never faced any kind of withdrawal syndrome so I was happy but recently around from december 2012 I was feeling huge huge anxiety and panic attacks and also depression i feel hopless,restless, irritated, angry, feel sad and want to cry. I faced this almost everyday and this which was almost unberable until 2 days ago it got very very worse. As My doctor was on holiday I though hey you know I was on paxil so lets take 1 pill maybe it will get better so I toook take paxil again 2 days ago I just took 1 tablet and after 6 hours I was facing huge itching,burning sensation all over my body. eyebrows,head,neck,arms,back and I am feeling very very hot like raging heat inside me my ears and body (It's still cold here) and cold chills and with extreme anxiety,faint ringing in the ears.

I have been having these sensation from 5 days since i took 1 tablet of paxil and I am feeling very hot from Inside . I have these hot burning from inside I feel like crying I don't know whats happening. This never happened before when I was on meds and when on meds I felt a lot better just the problem were sexual side effects which is still now.....

The fact that my anxiety and depression are worse i can bear it but these burning and itching sensation all over my body and feeling very , heat  from inside is too much but body temp is normal..

Was it in December 2012 or December 2013 that you cold-turkeyed Paxil?

The part that I made red -- those are withdrawal symptoms. You did experience withdrawal from cold-turkeying Paxil.

Often, severe withdrawal causes the nervous system to become hypersensitive to all drugs or even foods that are neurologically active.

This is what happened to you when you took one table of Paxil -- your nervous system reacted. Please do not take any more antidepressants.

It will take a while for your nervous system to calm down. You have prolonged post-withdrawal syndrome.

See our Symptoms and Self-care forum for suggestions about how to cope with symptoms http://tinyurl.com/3hq949z

Many people do well with fish oil and magnesium supplements, see

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1300-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Forexworld, I am sorry to hear that you are suffering badly from the paxil. You are not alone 

there are many people here who understand and have gone through or are going through 

withdrawal and will help and support you. 

I hope you get some relief from these awful symptoms very soon. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Welcome, forexworld12.

Was it in December 2012 or December 2013 that you cold-turkeyed Paxil?

The part that I made red -- those are withdrawal symptoms. You did experience withdrawal from cold-turkeying Paxil.

Often, severe withdrawal causes the nervous system to become hypersensitive to all drugs or even foods that are neurologically active.

This is what happened to you when you took one table of Paxil -- your nervous system reacted. Please do not take any more antidepressants.

It will take a while for your nervous system to calm down. You have prolonged post-withdrawal syndrome.

See our Symptoms and Self-care forum for suggestions about how to cope with symptoms http://tinyurl.com/3hq949z

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1300-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

Thank you for your wonderfull reply altostrata.I see I did a mistake there .... No , I was on escitalopram from october 2012-january 2013 ......Then due to pssd I swtiched to paxil from january 2013 - february end 2013 .. The pssd didin't get better so I went cold turkey ................. Didn't face any problem (just persistent pssd) until december 2013(after 10 months) .

From december 2013 end the original anxiety that I had returned which was very more extreme but that was ok. It got so worse on january 24th 2014(just the anxiety) that I took 1 tablet of paxil . after taking the pill almost 6 hours later I had all these burning sensation on face and body . I feel hot from inside while its winter here and body temp is normal. Almost after the day I took the Pill I developed symptom Like depression. I had no Mood,loss of interest in everything. I don't go out anymore, huge appetite decrease,restless, fatigue and feel sleepy all the time

I have this with anxiety and the burning sensation.

and since around 2 days I have hypersensitivty to light and sound and the more i think about it the more my anxiety gets worse and the symptoms

Someone told me I had an adverse reaction to paxil :(

Depression and anxiety is there but the main problem is the burning sensation all over body and feeling of hotness From Inside ..:(

• Administrator

I think you have prolonged post-withdrawal syndrome from cold-turkeying Paxil in Feb 2013. This can make your nervous system hypersensitive to drugs, supplements, herbs, even foods.

When you took that tablet of Paxil, it was a big jolt to your nervous system. You need to let it settle down. This will take time. Be patient, don't try to push it with more drugs, herbs, etc.

Please see our Symptoms and Self-care forum for suggestions about how to cope with symptoms http://tinyurl.com/3hq949z

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I think you have prolonged post-withdrawal syndrome from cold-turkeying Paxil in Feb 2013. This can make your nervous system hypersensitive to drugs, supplements, herbs, even foods.

When you took that tablet of Paxil, it was a big jolt to your nervous system. You need to let it settle down. This will take time. Be patient, don't try to push it with more drugs, herbs, etc.

Please see our Symptoms and Self-care forum for suggestions about how to cope with symptoms http://tinyurl.com/3hq949z

Thanks so much altostrata that seemed to make a lot of sense. I do notice I have developed HYPERSENSITIVTY to Light and sound.. Some Vertigo/dizziness too -- 

I was wondering That Before taking the 1 pill of paxil I just had severe anxiety and NO DEPRESSION and I was much better but since taking the tablet, with the adverse reaction and Anxiety I have developed : Total loss of interest in everything I liked, No Mood,Total fatigue,feeling sleeply, lost of appetite,Hopeless, feel like crying, Empty feeling

So These are all signs of depression : it was not there before taxing paxil , so I need your advice that -

Which low neurotransmitter causes depression ? Low serotoin or low dopamine.?

I have read that Low serotonin doesn't cause depression (the above symtoms) but LOW DOPAMINE level does

Since I have pssd for  a year as I mentioned in my first post due to taking ssri - that increase the level of serotonin MAYBE 1 tablet of paxil like you said was a big jolt to my nervous system increased SEROTONIN and Inhibited Dopamine like it does and caused me all these depression ? so because of that tablet my serotonin increased and inhibited dopamine it may have caused depression ,what do you think ?

I went to the doctor to look for alternative treatments he said adverse reaction the burning and all these will go away but if i don't take medicine it will make my anxiety and low mood worse so he prescribed Me Escitalopram 10mg a day......which increases serotonin.....

Namaste, forexworld12. Don't bother thinking much about dopamine and serotonin levels, it's unlikely you will be able to fix them artificially with meds or supplements, it's too of a mechanistical approach. But you are right that you don't need to increase or otherwise manipulate with serotonin. On the one hand taking escitalopram at this point could give you the same reaction as paxil gave you, but on the other hand there are reports of people who have been able to make a switch of some sort to other antidepressant and their nervous system stabilised a bit. But usually it is not advised to add more medication in existing withdrawal. You need to do a lot of research and reading on this forum and others to educate yourself and then when you will be informed you shall be able to decide for yourself what you need to do. Stabilising your CNS and recovering from withdrawal takes time.

But for now, start taking magnesium supplements and fish oil/flaxseed oil and wait for a few weeks, and if symptoms don't start to subside maybe then you could consider going on low dose of escitalopram or better fluoxetine (as it is easier to taper), but I'm not in position to advice you on that, as Altostrata already said:

Feb2012-Nov2012 - flupentixol 1mg

Nov2012-Jun2013 - amisulpride 50mg for 1mo, seroquel 300mg for 1mo, olanzapine 10mg for 4mo

Jun 2013: CT olanzapine

Jul 2013 - Oct 2013: mirtazapine 30mg

Nov 2013: 4 week taper down to 0.1mg

Nov 2013 - Feb 2014 - 0.1mg

Feb 2014: updosed to 1mg 

March 2014 - now: updosed to 5mg and holding

25 years old

• Moderator Emeritus

After your reaction to 1 pill I would definitely NOT try any other drug!  

Doctors just give out more and more drugs without knowing anything about how they work.

The chemical imbalance theory is just that, a theory and not a fact.  Scientists now know 

that these drugs do not do what they are prescribed for.  You are young and your youth

will help you through the withdrawal process. It will get better, it just takes time and patience.

Adding another drug could make things much worse.

Take a look here to find some excellent information. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/forum/16-from-journals-and-scientific-sources/

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Namaste, forexworld12. Don't bother thinking much about dopamine and serotonin levels, it's unlikely you will be able to fix them artificially with meds or supplements, it's too of a mechanistical approach. But you are right that you don't need to increase or otherwise manipulate with serotonin. On the one hand taking escitalopram at this point could give you the same reaction as paxil gave you, but on the other hand there are reports of people who have been able to make a switch of some sort to other antidepressant and their nervous system stabilised a bit. But usually it is not advised to add more medication in existing withdrawal. You need to do a lot of research and reading on this forum and others to educate yourself and then when you will be informed you shall be able to decide for yourself what you need to do. Stabilising your CNS and recovering from withdrawal takes time.

But for now, start taking magnesium supplements and fish oil/flaxseed oil and wait for a few weeks, and if symptoms don't start to subside maybe then you could consider going on low dose of escitalopram or better fluoxetine (as it is easier to taper), but I'm not in position to advice you on that, as Altostrata already said:

Hi ndmaar Thank you for your response. I will certainly try the fish oil..Thanks for that

After your reaction to 1 pill I would definitely NOT try any other drug!  

Doctors just give out more and more drugs without knowing anything about how they work.

The chemical imbalance theory is just that, a theory and not a fact.  Scientists now know 

that these drugs do not do what they are prescribed for.  You are young and your youth

will help you through the withdrawal process. It will get better, it just takes time and patience.

Adding another drug could make things much worse.

Take a look here to find some excellent information. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/forum/16-from-journals-and-scientific-sources/

Thanks you mammap For the advice ,I do hope it gets better in some time . well truly I am able to tolerate any symptom but there are 2 things I am unable to tolerate

The inside warm/Heat sensation and

Its the depressive symptom - the loss of interest in everything , loss of motivation , feel like doing nothing, loss of emotions - IS THIS GOING TO GO AWAY ?  I have heard its called anhedonia and it doesn't go away :(

• Administrator

Escilatopram is several times stronger than Paxil. It's likely you'll have an even worse reaction to it.

Yes, anhedonia does go away. It will take time for all your symptoms to go away.

You need to take care of yourself. If you're sensitive to light, you should reduce light stimulation. See http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/604-important-topics-about-symptoms-including-sleep-problems/

and other topics at the top of the Symptoms and Self-care forum.

Hi altostrata Thank for getting back. I do hope all these anhedonia and depressive sympton resolve soon. as for now I have planned a very healthy diet and for foods that help boosts dopamine/tyrosine production naturally  like Ripe bananas,almonds,apples. peanuts,blueberries,  

I have heard omega 3 fish oil is great too for depression and dopamine production but unfortuntely it boosts production of serotonin too which I don't want at all . Thoughts?

I am trying to get dopamine production healthy veg foods for two reasons -  1) It will help boost motivation and recover with mood/depression/anhedonia 2) It will help recovery from PSSD

I looked at some supplements too like -  L- Phenylalanine , - L tyrosine  but then I am not willing to take this now as they may act as stimulant on my nerves

For anxiety -Possibly Zinc, magnesium,valerian tea & Ginko biloba

For the heat/burning sensation anything that keeps the body cool like  -Citrus fruits, including oranges,lemons and limes,cucumbers,calcium(Milk) green leafy vegs etc (I'm avoiding watermelon as it helps in production of watermelon)

As for light/sound sensitivity I didn't find anything that I could do to make it better, everything listed is unavailable for me any food/supplement recomendation ?

Eh, My parents and docotrs are forcing me to take medicines escitalopram and Trifluoperazine

Their saying is "All these symptom is not the reaction of paxil but the original anxiety accompanied with depression returning", Gosh How do I explain them

"The doctor doesn't believe its withdrawal he is saying side effects will go away but the original anxiety and now depression/lack of interest in everything will not go away if I don't take medicines and it will get worse"!!   Is this true ?

How do I explain them that the reaction was of paxil and I have pssd and i don't want to harm my sexual functions more by taking the medicine. as it is I am suffering from pssd,anxiety,depression,reaction to paxil. :angry: :angry:

"The doctor doesn't believe its withdrawal he is saying side effects will go away but the original anxiety and now depression/lack of interest in everything will not go away if I don't take medicines and it will get worse"!!   Is this true ?

NO.Doctors don't know s*****t about this syndrome.

As Alto said, you've had a bad reaction to these drugs.Taking more will only make it worse.

They can't force you to take more drugs.DON't do it.

Yes, it will get better with time if you stay away from the pills.

It may take sometime;it may not be easy, but it WILL happen, IF you stay away from the meds.

I am telling you this because I have been there.

Hang on.

4 years aprox. on 150mgs.Effexor for situational major depression.No AD before.
Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months.

Tapered Quetiapine,Xanax in the last 18 months.NO med of any kind anymore.
First 3 months off acute w/d
Protracted w/d ever since.
Symptoms:Anxiety,anhedonia,insomnia,tinnitus,PSSD

04/13/2014 Awful Relapse.Recovered fairly fast.

3 years and 4 months off.

waves and windows.Very much recovered.

November 2015,health issue.Setback.

• Administrator

Do NOT take stimulating substances like L- Phenylalanine,  L tyrosine, or any other.

Don't worry about fish oil and serotonin. Did you read http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/

Please be careful taking escitalopram and Trifluoperazine. How are your parents forcing you to do this?

Please don't take trifluoperazine. It's one of the ugliest and nastiest typical antipsychotics that only oldschool doctors prescribe. Probably even worse than classic haloperidol and chlorpromazine. Try to stay away from it.

Feb2012-Nov2012 - flupentixol 1mg

Nov2012-Jun2013 - amisulpride 50mg for 1mo, seroquel 300mg for 1mo, olanzapine 10mg for 4mo

Jun 2013: CT olanzapine

Jul 2013 - Oct 2013: mirtazapine 30mg

Nov 2013: 4 week taper down to 0.1mg

Nov 2013 - Feb 2014 - 0.1mg

Feb 2014: updosed to 1mg 

March 2014 - now: updosed to 5mg and holding

25 years old

Please don't take trifluoperazine. It's one of the ugliest and nastiest typical antipsychotics that only oldschool doctors prescribe. Probably even worse than classic haloperidol and chlorpromazine. Try to stay away from it.

Hi again Ndmaar.. Damn Wish I Knew this earlier. way back in october 2012 I took this with esclitalopram for about maybe 2.5 Months :(  I guess this med is very common here

Do NOT take stimulating substances like L- Phenylalanine,  L tyrosine, or any other.

Don't worry about fish oil and serotonin. Did you read http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/

Please be careful taking escitalopram and Trifluoperazine. How are your parents forcing you to do this?

Certainly reading that Link right now....

Hi altostrata supplements does cross the blood brain barrier and would have helped dopamine = lift mood/depression but is the reason because of hypersensitivty of my CNS right now ?

Probably parents are worried about my depression and anxiety you know  oldschool parents they trust doctors without any doubts that what they prescribe is good for me because the doctor told so..They think how will my anxiety and depression get better without medicine ? probably side effects will go away but the main problem will get worse !! I took this combination escitalopram and Trifluoperazine  back in october 2012 for maybe around 2.5 months. Its a very common medicine here .. I do know its no longer valid in The western...

• Administrator

Don't try to adjust dopamine or any other neurotransmitter. Your nervous system has to settle down.

To take care of yourself, you may have to go around your parents' wishes.

TODAY I am feeling absolutely worse.I was emotionally somewhat fine yeterday

Today I completely feel emotionally numb. I feel empty from Inside like Somebody has ripped the life from Inside me. Nothing is making me angry or sad, and nothing is making me fearfull or happy.I don't want to do anything. No motivation, No hope,Complete fatigue, and sleepy all the time
I feel pure like A zombie. I have complete loss of interest in everything. Life looks like isn't worth living
There is a sensation wanting to cry from Inside but I am unable to do that .

FU** you Paxil FU** you !! You are suppose to treat anhedonia/depression not Fudging develop it

I don't know how long How I can hold on this before I get back on drugs to make me atleast remove these fudging depression

• Moderator Emeritus

The fact that you were feeling better yesterday, but worse today is a good sign.  Its a normal pattern of recovery, often referred to as 'windows and waves' have a look through this thread which explains it:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/82-the-windows-and-waves-pattern-of-recovery/

I was also shocked to read that you were put on Trifluoperazine..... and for depression.  Even when that was used here in the the west, it was used for severe psychotic disorders like schizophrenia. 

Please educate yourself about it before you decide if you want to take it again, see this link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trifluoperazine

Hang in there forexworld12, you will recover if you give it some more time.

Petu.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

The fact that you were feeling better yesterday, but worse today is a good sign.  Its a normal pattern of recovery, often referred to as 'windows and waves' have a look through this thread which explains it:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/82-the-windows-and-waves-pattern-of-recovery/

I was also shocked to read that you were put on Trifluoperazine..... and for depression.  Even when that was used here in the the west, it was used for severe psychotic disorders like schizophrenia. 

Please educate yourself about it before you decide if you want to take it again, see this link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trifluoperazine

Hang in there forexworld12, you will recover if you give it some more time.

Petu.

Thanks Petu.....Windows and wave...I just read about that man som people took 3-4 years to recover ? :wacko:  :wacko:  but I hope my emotions atleast return soon.....There is a type of sadness in my heart. A feeling to cry but unable to cry !! I am joining a gym today I read it is very effective for fighting depression/emotional numbness ...

Yes I did read about that. Yeterday the whole evening I though I had schizophrenia which resulted in huge anxiety and panic attacks ...

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry reading about that drug made you feel worse,  I just wanted you to understand how dangerous a drug it is.  You don't have schizophrenia. 

Joining a gym is a great idea, I'm sure it will help.  Take it easy at first and build up slowly, some people find that exercising too intensely can trigger symptoms. 

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

I'm sorry reading about that drug made you feel worse,  I just wanted you to understand how dangerous a drug it is.  You don't have schizophrenia. 

Joining a gym is a great idea, I'm sure it will help.  Take it easy at first and build up slowly, some people find that exercising too intensely can trigger symptoms. 

Thanks for the support Petu !

UPDATE :

POSTIVE -

Heat/warm/burning wave sensation from Inside has gradually decreased. Not much but yes its very noticeable like around 10%-12% It has def decreased..

Emotionals : I am happy to inform Minor Emotions have returned. around 5% Not much but I seem to just slighlty enjoy musics and videos and chit chat .

Loss of interest in life is still there and No motivation at all

NEGETIVE -

sinus type headache inside left eye, Light sensitivty and blurred vision and Dizziness : Light sensitivty gets worse at times.. Its with a wierd blurred vision like everything seems to be brigther/dull and blurred sometimes when I loose focus and this f*** is accompanied by some dizziness. I feel compelled to think about it causing anxiety and panic attacks making it worse.. I have noticed the moments I don't give a fu** about them everything seems to be fine but the moments are shortlived like 10-15 minutes... (Don't know why it got worse) I just ate a lot of junk food yeterday and yes I slept in the morning 6 am was awake whole night !

GAD Symptom: Ok, I have never heard in my life what de-realization/deprealization Is until I read in on some other forum that someone was going through it.. I have this constast feel/worry that I am suffering from this too - the more I think about it - the more my anxiety gets extreme the more panic attack it causes.. But am I suffering from it or not is the real question because I self diagnose myself a lot like 2 days ago I thought I had schizophrenia. I do this a lot. I possibly predict the worse to happen

Depression is still there and a lot of it but not like what it was 10 days ago -

Current symtoms -

Loss of interest

No motivation

Fatigue

some detached feeling

O god give me strength to pull through this.Please remove my light sensitivty/blurred vision and dizziness If this keeps going on for another week I'll just have no option !!

user_offline.gifquote.gif

Guys I have been taking omega 3 fish oil supplements. Too early to tell any effect but any Any other supplement to help with dizziness or vision problem ?

Hi FX; this is my advice:more than any supplement, TRY not to pay attention to the bizarre symptoms that appear during this process.

I've had A LOT, and they come and go.

Not worring about them, and accepting them have worked for me.

Sending healing vibes ALL the way from Costa Rica to India :)

Hi FX; this is my advice:more than any supplement, TRY not to pay attention to the bizarre symptoms that appear during this process.

I've had A LOT, and they come and go.

Not worring about them, and accepting them have worked for me.

Sending healing vibes ALL the way from Costa Rica to India :)

Hi Alex thanks for the vibes I see you are 18 months off (1.6 years) I hope you recover completely very soon Now.

I am trying to do that but some stuff likes I was driving a car today and suddenly vision got blurred/dizzy for like some seconds and I almost hit a bike. Me being a trader I require to sit in front of screen's all day and due to light sensitivity/dizziness/anhedonia Its hampering my performance. these kind of stuff can't be ignored you know and I can't quit driving.. These blurry vision are new probably started from today. Its been 15 days since I had an adverse reaction to paxil. I have given it a month's time to see if these improve.. but there is a miracle reduction in the heat/burning sensation from Inside almost 50% gone..... I should have never quit cold turkey but if I did and I tried to restart it I should have never taken 12.5 Mg at once it was a big shock..  

I had a chat with another friend Probably he was suffering from Withdrawal too being on paxil for 2 months and went cold turkey. his 3rd month withdrawal was unberable so he went back on Paxil to make him normal and is tapering off slowly. probably for now he says its better to have pssd rather than to suffer like this.

Hi guys I have good news and bad news....

Good news is that The heat burning sensation from Inside has reduced almost by 50% ..

Bad news And the major problem I have deveoped is blurry  eye vision/ out of focus eye. Its like I have to focus on thing to make it look normal. and whenever My eyes relax the vision becomes blurry. I wonder if this a common symtom and how long does it take to go as I said I almost nailed a guy with my car due to this blurry vision..????????

It seems like My light sensitivty has reduced to fluorecent light /sun   and has increased to Lights like Red,green - car headlights , Parking lights and signal light... there is some dizziness too. I have heard garlic is very effective for this...

Rest the anxiety/depression lack of interest/lack of motivation is still persistent !!

• Administrator

If you are sensitive to light, reduce light stimulation by wearing dark glasses outdoors. At the computer: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/304-light-sensitive-try-blocking-out-blue-light/

• Moderator Emeritus

Forex, I have worked with hundreds of people now on this forum and others, and I am confident that given your age and the history you describe, if you stay away from psych drugs from now on, your brain and nervous system will recover fully. It will take time! Please be patient, it could take several months for the symptoms to settle down, and you might still have occasional bad bouts from time to time over the next year or two. 

The biggest risk is that you will react to bad spells by taking more drugs. Once you take more drugs the danger of long-term problems goes up.

Don't worry or focus too much on the symptoms. Just cope with them.

Depression is best treated by exercise, a healthy diet (not too much sugar or caffeine or white flour or white rice), and exposure to sunlight. Daily walks will help stabilize the anxiety.

Symptoms will come and go over the next few months. This is normal and not something to be alarmed by.

If your parents insist you need more drugs, I suggest that you ask them to read the book Anatomy of an Epidemic by Robert Whitaker first, cover to cover. Once you have all read the book as a family, you can reopen the discussion of whether or not to take more psych drugs, if you wish. This way you are not directly opposing them.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

• Moderator Emeritus

Rest the anxiety/depression lack of interest/lack of motivation is still persistent !!

This will pass. It will take some time but it will pass. It's a typical reaction and it goes away eventually.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

This will pass. It will take some time but it will pass. It's a typical reaction and it goes away eventually.

Thank you rhi for the postive one

If you are sensitive to light, reduce light stimulation by wearing dark glasses outdoors. At the computer: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/304-light-sensitive-try-blocking-out-blue-light/

Thanks altostrata I already have bought it But it seems I do not have problem in day time you know sunlight I am normal..  , malls , multiplex,shops,sotrs etc etc I am normal. The only problem is the evening street light. Signal lights, car headlight. traffic lights,disco  -RED,GREEN BLUE lights ..... I tried wearing those glasses in the evening and yes everyone was chukling so I don't wear it anymore.....but thanks

Update -

1) Severe Anxiety GAD -- (STILL THE SAME)
2) Panic attacks -- (STILL THE SAME)
3) Depression symtoms like lack of interest/lack of motivation/emotional numbness -- (WORSE)
4) feel like crying from inside but can't cry/ irritation - (PROBABLY WORSE)
5) Blurry vision - out of focus eye -- ( A positive reduction upto 20% )
6) Dizziness -- ( A very positive reduction of 40%)
7) heat burning sensation from Inside - ( Upto 60% but Gone still occasion reoccuring)
8 ) Sexual dysfunction - (PSSD STILL THE SAME)
9) Eyes always tired feeling sleepy no matter how much I sleep - (POSTIVIE REDUCTION UPTO 30%)
10) great Fatigue - ( Positive reduction up 40%)
11) Hypersensitivity to Light - (Postive reduction. but now sensitive to street lights, car head and back light. traffic signal light like Red blue greem still hurts)
12) Hypersensitivty to sound (A mild positive reduction around 10%-15%)
13) appetite change - (70% Normal )

Looks like there are success in most physical symtoms  omega 3 fish oil supplement may have a hand in this ))))  But still The most annoyin & scary thing right now is emotions numbness feeling empty from Inside/ lack of emotions/motivation .I can't feel it ....Omega 3 seems to be working for physical sumtoms but Guys any other particular light supplement to help bring back emotions..???

• Administrator

You will just need to let your system heal over time. Don't try to push it.

You will just need to let your system heal over time. Don't try to push it.

Hello forexworld12!

One of the most important things in this process is trying to control your fears about the symptoms, accept them, knowing that they will eventually pass.

Let me tell you that from the list of symptoms that you mentioned, I have seen BIG improvement in most of them, and others have just gone away.

You were on meds for a short time;you are young, you WILL get better;you just have to give it time.

Take care of yourself, be patient,I know is hard for you beeing so young, but it is the only way.

I was on a powerful AD for 4+ years, and after a terrifying process, I am doing much better.And I can be your grandfather....!!!!

So keep on walking, have faith, and you will be fine.

From tropical Costa Rica to tropical India, NAMASTE. :)