Calling in Sick

Nikki

I decided to post this here because when I thought about it, well, it is about self-care.

The overload of antibiotics that I had to take for a long lasting UTI had it's effects on my digestive track. For the last three weeks, I could feel the diverticulitis acting up.

Because of a lack of time, I was unable to treat it. Yesterday I found what I thought was a viable window to take care of it. Unfortunately it did not work until 4am.

I went thru such stress because I knew I had to call in to TJMaxx to take the morning off.

The manager I spoke to was rude, nasty and angry (that is his natural state). My shift this morning was for 4 hours.

My point is that in he last few years, most people are very afraid to call in sick, speak up, make a mistake, take a vacation, etc. because we are all afraid of losing our jobs due to the economy and how badly employers treat employees. It's become a state of paranoia.

I know I am overly responsible and that's a good thing to a degree.

This winter the Flu was so widespread because all of us went to work sick.

Thank Heavens I have my own health insurance so I am not dependent on an employer. Even if I did work for a company that a provided health insurance I would not surrender my private plan.

I would love to send a letter to Michael Moore on this topic. Yes I feel guilty, but I needed to take care of myself. Did I mention that Retail is Minimum Wage :angry:

Just needed to vent. PS I have put it in writing a request not to be put on the schedule for Saturdays and guess what? I am on the schedule for every Saturday.

Mama Mia

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

Refuse the guilt.

It doesn't change anything, and you don't need the stress it brings. You're doing the best you can under very difficult circumstances.

Are you still running your other business? How's it going?

Hugs,

Sparrow

2009-2011: tapered off Trazodone, Namenda, Lamictal, Dextroamphetamine, Zyprexa; cold-turkeyed Pristiq; reduced Lexapro dose 50%.
On clonazepam since 2004, 0.5 - 1.0 mg daily PRN. Three failed (too rapid) partial tapers, 2010 - 2011.
Dec. 2011 - March 2013: Tapered off 0.5 mg clonazepam (Klonopin)

August 2013: Switched to liquid escitalopram (Lexapro) and began tapering from 10 mg.

January 2014: 4.5 mg escitalopram

March 2014: One year off benzos

May 2014: 3.0 mg escitalopram

June 2014: severe depression, updosed to 4.0 mg

Sept 1, 2014: 2.7 mg

Dec 7, 2014: Can't get below 2.5 mg without unbearable symptoms. Doing an extended hold (I hope)

March 2015: TWO YEARS POST-BENZO

Yes Sparrow I still have my own business which is building. I do like having the paycheck on

Fridays from TJMaxx even though it is small.

I have requested numerous times to work on Sunday and Monday, and if they were short handed they could call me and if I were able to come in I would on other nights.

It doesn't register with them.

I've learned a few things about working in America.....employers don't give a crap about us.

Like Congress, the people at the top are making millions on the sweat & tears of the underpaid/over worked employees who receive minimum wage. They spend more money and effort in re-training new employees due to a huge turnover. It is the height of insanity.

Soap Box Time

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• 10 months later...

Why do I feel guilty to call in sick?  I torment myself over this.

I have been working 7 days a week for a few months now.  My choice/decision.  5 days my business and two days TJMaxx.

I have crashed and burned from work, medications, stress, anxiety and now guilt.

For the last two days I believe the Epstein Barr reactivated and my body has just shut down.  When this happens I have to lay down with a comforter and let the heat draw the pain out from my muscles.  It really does work coupled with completely laying down for hours.

I have to make the 'dreaded call'....need to muster up the courage.

The workplace has changed - companies do not want anyone to call in sick and most people go to work sick because of the fear of losing their job.

I am hoping the rest will clear my head as well......

Does anyone here get physically sick and does not let the mental stuff swirl around with it too.  i am a wreck.....self induced of course :o

I push myself all the time because I just 'can't be' anymore.  I used to be able to relax and rest.

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy