How to Take Fewer Prescription Drugs

Skyler

• Moderator Emeritus

"The most startling statistics I've seen in recent months came from Mayo Clinic researchers last June, who reported that nearly 70 percent of Americans take at least one prescription drug. More than half take at least two prescriptions. Twenty percent take five or more." http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andrew-weil-md/prescription-drugs_b_5065620.html

Hmmm, you don't suspect the venerable Dr. Weil has been reading posts on this site?

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

• Administrator

I think polypharmacy is endemic, and a public health danger.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Alto.. but it's still reassuring when docs actually get on the bandwagon instead of just nodding sagely in their office, lamenting the status quo.

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy