☼ Fuzzylogic checking in tapering pristiq

Fuzzylogic

Thanks for all your support Mogfish and oldgator.

The most annoying part about all of this is that my taper has been going well. I have a plan but need a script to continue down that path. I have had a long talk to my husband, who is generally supportive, but I think he is as frustrated as I am as he does not know how to help me. He has offered to put something together and come back to the doctor with me to persuade her to give me another script. After the way the doctor spoke to me I will not be going back there, so that is not going to work. He told me that he could see the dr getting more and more frustrated with me and he thought that she thought I was being a difficult patient. I have told him his silence would have made her think that he probably thought so too, so it did not help my cause. I have to admit that this has set me back both emotionally and physically , but I will fight on.

Dr also sitting with the complete report after my biopsy and although I know I am in the clear I would have liked more information, never even got around to that conversation. I just wanted to get out.

The new script is for Zoloft. I didn't have to do any reading up to know I'm not going. For me it's like telling the alcoholic drink beer instead of vodka!!! Even if I decided to switch I have no idea if I will still suffer w/d from pristiq whilst getting used to Zoloft. And then I'm back to square one trying to get off the next drug......

I won't give up, I come too far.

Nov 2012 started on pristiq 50 mg

Late Aug 2014 started taper (skipping every 2nd day)

Early Sep 2014 went back to daily dose but 75% (later realised closer to 60%)

13 Oct 14 1/2 of 50mg tablet split 2/3 in morning 1/3 in evening

14 Nov 1/4 50mg once a day

15 Dec 1/8 daily

26 Dec quit

Fuzzy,

Glad to hear you aren't giving up  :)  I see in your signature you say you have gone back to 75%. How do you do this? Do you split it up over the course of the day? I don't blame you for not using the zoloft. I am just wanting to get off pristiq and let my body even out for a bit to see where I am at. You mentioned you won't go back to your dr because of how she talked to you. Does that mean you are going to try and find a new one to get another prescription for pristiq? It wouldn't hurt to try another dr would it? I admire your dedication to the process of tapering and hope you can get enough medication to do the taper that is right for you.

My Introduction

I've been on pretty much every antidepressant at some point over the last15 years with nothing that ever works (because it wasn't depression due to a chemical imbalance).

4/1 - Started Pristiq 50mg

4/13 - Pristiq 100mg

9/25 - Have decided to stop Pristiq 100mg. Researching how to withdrawal and am scared to death!

10/2 - 50mg pill plus small 1/4 of 100mg pill in the morning; small quarter of 100mg pill in the evening

10/7 - 50mg pill plus very small 1/4 of 100mg pill in the morning; very small quarter of 100mg pill in the evening

10/9 - 50 mg pill plus 1/4 of 50mg pill in the morning; 1/4 of 50mg pill in the evening

10/15 - 50mg pill plus 1/4 of 50mg pill in the morning; 1/8 of 50mg pill in the evening

Hi Oldgator

In typed a reply to you in your topic and it's gone into cyberspace, so replying here as no energy to type again. Glad you doing well without your evening dose.

I am cutting and weighing. I take and third of that dose in the evening and two thirds in the morning. It is a bit of a hot and miss affair but working for me. I have recently dropped my dose, cut the evening one for a few days then the morning. Somewhere along the line I messed up and am now on 1/2 a 50 mg tab. My brain does not function at its best and even though I have it written down I still tend to get in a muddle.

Simplified, On my scale tablet weighs .0120 oz. so take .0060 40 in am and 20 in pm. Put these in a capsule. That's where I got confused I think as I added the wrong weight.

Still working up the 'courage' to find another's dr. Have a couple of weeks so taking my time.

15 Dec 1/8 daily

26 Dec quit

Hi Fuzzylogic I just read your post and felt so mad.  Life really sucks sometimes.  I hope you can find a mind set that helps you cope with this set back and keep moving forward.   Cheers SEB

1999 Citalopram 20mg 2000 Came off Citalopram 2002 Citalopram 20mg 2003 Came off Citalopram 2007 Citalopram 20mg 2008 Pristiq 50mg 2009 Pristiq 100mg 2014 Pristiq 50mg 19 September 2014 Switch to Effexor 75mg 2019 Effexor and 40mg Endep. 3/1/2021 started a 10% taper with the Effexor .

Hi Seb

Thanks for your encouragement. I've not had the (mental) energy to look for another dr. I still have one more script to fill, so a bit of time.

Fuzzy

15 Dec 1/8 daily

26 Dec quit

Fuzzylogic - I am so sorry about your dr.  I have always assumed doctors knew more than me but this process has definitely changed my mind set.   I was actually on Zoloft before Pristiq.  I had insomnia and anxiety a few months after stopping Zoloft.  I went to the dr and was told the chemical imbalance story and after trying 3 or 4 other meds, started Pristiq.  Those drs are really good at convincing us of what we need!  I see that you are in Australia...it seems like the drs in the states give out these prescriptions like candy...my dr wrote a years worth for me.  Maybe if you told the dr you decided to stay on the medicine (wink, wink), he/she would write another prescription. 

Started Pristiq in 2009

Weaned off in Fall of 2013 using skipping dose method advised by doctor

Intense anxiety, insomnia, weightloss in early 2014

Prescribed multiple meds including klonopin, trazodone and 50 mg Pristiq

Finally found a psychiatrist to help me withdraw

Reduced to larger half of 50mg on July 19

Reinstated to larger half and large 1/4 of 50mg on Aug 6

Reduced to larger half of 50 mg around Aug 30

Reduced to large quarter end of November

Slowly reducing with help of a scale

So you are cutting up the Pristiq and then putting it in a capsule? My memory isn't so great right now and I'm hoping it's just a side effect from the drug and it will go back to normal after the drug is out of my system. I hope the medication taper is still going fairly well. 

My Introduction

I've been on pretty much every antidepressant at some point over the last15 years with nothing that ever works (because it wasn't depression due to a chemical imbalance).

4/13 - Pristiq 100mg

9/25 - Have decided to stop Pristiq 100mg. Researching how to withdrawal and am scared to death!

10/2 - 50mg pill plus small 1/4 of 100mg pill in the morning; small quarter of 100mg pill in the evening

10/7 - 50mg pill plus very small 1/4 of 100mg pill in the morning; very small quarter of 100mg pill in the evening

10/9 - 50 mg pill plus 1/4 of 50mg pill in the morning; 1/4 of 50mg pill in the evening

10/15 - 50mg pill plus 1/4 of 50mg pill in the morning; 1/8 of 50mg pill in the evening

• 3 weeks later...

Not been visiting this site for a while. Taper has been going along nicely until about a week ago when my whole routine went out the window and I was forgetting to take my dose and taking at the wrong times - I know that is not recommended and it certainly wasn't intended. Saw another Dr who at least agreed that the brain zaps are real and related to withdrawal and told me that they could last for months. He also I thinks I should be coming off them quicker. I wish I had thought to ask him if the symptoms last so long why not taper for longer to ease the w/d. I hadn't gone to him about Pristiq so wasn't prepared. Just thought whilst I was there I would ask his opinion.

Anyway was doing 'ok' when messing with the dose last week so thought why not drop the evening dose.

The problem is that I ended up dropping the morning equivalent, and was taking the smaller (evening) dose at lunch time for 3 days BIG mistake. The past few days I have had buzzing ears and head. Today I am as ratty as they come. I had thought about just quitting but only lasted 10mins past the 24 hr mark. Felt like I was letting myself down by succumbing to yet again swallowing this stupid stupid drug. But as my niece says onwards and upwards :)

Do I up my dose again 2/3 of half 50mg or stick to 1/3 and see how it goes for the next month? My other fear is that I am going to run out of tablets before my taper is finished so part of me wants off and the other wants me to go slow. If I can work up the energy I will calculate how I can successfully and with the least amount of W/D symptoms taper with what I have left. Maybe, just maybe it's doable.

Sorry I have rambled on a bit, just needed get it off my chest.

15 Dec 1/8 daily

26 Dec quit

• Moderator Emeritus

I won't try to advise you about dosing because I don't exactly understand what you're doing. I did just want to jump in with some thoughts about "doctor management." There are a few tricks that I've found that sometimes help when dealing with them. 

One is, instead of saying "I want off my meds" say "I want to see how I do at a lower dose." Because all doctors know that the lowest effective dose is what you want to shoot for. So "let's find out my lowest effective dose" doesn't set off their alarms as much as "I want to stop taking the drug."

Also, they believe these drugs actually are beneficial, and you can use that. Maybe your doc will continue to give you prescriptions and not rush you so much if you say, hm, I want to see how I do staying on this dose for a while. I sure don't want that doggone depression to come back, so I want to just hold here for a while and make sure it doesn't come back because golly gee willikers, maybe this drug is good for me. (at the lowest possible effective dose.)

You know, basically, just kind of speak their language so you can get them to give you what you need to do the taper at a speed that works for you.

Having that pressure of "I have to get off before I run out" usually leads to trouble, and/or disaster, for people. Much better to have the freedom to taper at the pace your body is telling you is right for you.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

Thanks for your advise Rhi, my biggest problem is that I am on the lowest dose that the tablet comes in.

I went to see dr today. Husband had been back to lay the groundwork as I was not keen to return (more than making up for his previous silence). To cut a long story short I can get another script if I need it, but have also been referred to a psychiatrist who I believe has experience with coming off anti depressants. Will keep you updated.

15 Dec 1/8 daily

26 Dec quit

• Administrator

Please do, FL!

I won't try to advise you about dosing because I don't exactly understand what you're doing. I did just want to jump in with some thoughts about "doctor management." There are a few tricks that I've found that sometimes help when dealing with them. 

One is, instead of saying "I want off my meds" say "I want to see how I do at a lower dose." Because all doctors know that the lowest effective dose is what you want to shoot for. So "let's find out my lowest effective dose" doesn't set off their alarms as much as "I want to stop taking the drug."

Also, they believe these drugs actually are beneficial, and you can use that. Maybe your doc will continue to give you prescriptions and not rush you so much if you say, hm, I want to see how I do staying on this dose for a while. I sure don't want that doggone depression to come back, so I want to just hold here for a while and make sure it doesn't come back because golly gee willikers, maybe this drug is good for me. (at the lowest possible effective dose.)

You know, basically, just kind of speak their language so you can get them to give you what you need to do the taper at a speed that works for you.

Having that pressure of "I have to get off before I run out" usually leads to trouble, and/or disaster, for people. Much better to have the freedom to taper at the pace your body is telling you is right for you.

Rhi, this is great. How about starting a topic in Tapering called "How to talk to your doctor about tapering"?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 weeks later...

Still holding at 1/4. Have struggled with the drop, but persevering.

Waiting for psychiatrist to call.

15 Dec 1/8 daily

26 Dec quit

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Any updates, FL?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Sorry no updates for a while. Life has been hectic.

I can only see the psychiatrist in Feb, so will keep going with my taper.

Last weekend I was on edge, snapped at everyone and the slightest thing frustrated me. My poor family. I've now gone down to an 1/8 and waiting for my system to adjust.

15 Dec 1/8 daily

26 Dec quit

• 2 weeks later...

On the 26th December I woke up and thought to myself I have had enough. I felt that on 1/8th of the tablet I was not getting a consistent dose and was playing Russian Roulette with my nervous system. Husband was on leave so we decided I would give it a go and stop taking. I know this goes against all the advise and I am hoping that I have done the right thing.

Observations so far:

Buzzing ears and fuzzy head, this comes and goes.

Brain zaps seem to start in the afternoon, manageable at the moment.

Very tired on day 2 and extremely ratty.

Insomnia on day 3 and a lot of pain (the only good thing I can say about this drug is that it numbed the physical pain)

Slight nausea and stomachs upset, but now back to normal

Through all of this except day 2 I have been active. The more I do the less symptoms I have. I find they are more prominent when I'm sitting still.

Today I would describe myself as a bit hyper, need to be busy all the time, even after a 500 swim (I've just started swimming again after an aborted attempt about Oct last year) and a 40+ c day.

I'm still a bit ratty, have a short fuse and tearful, but so far I'm coping.

I'll be seeing a psychiatrist on 3 Feb.

I will keep you posted on my progress. If I feel that I need to re-instate I will.

15 Dec 1/8 daily

26 Dec quit

• Moderator Emeritus

On the 26th December I woke up and thought to myself I have had enough. I felt that on 1/8th of the tablet I was not getting a consistent dose and was playing Russian Roulette with my nervous system. Husband was on leave so we decided I would give it a go and stop taking. I know this goes against all the advise and I am hoping that I have done the right thing.

I hope this works out for you FL, do keep us updated and don't hesitate to reinstate if your symptoms get worse, protracted withdrawal can last for years, and you can get to a point where reinstatement no longer works, I know this from personal experience.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Thanks Petu. I'm monitoring my symptons daily. Giving myself 4 weeks and if no significant improvement I'll re-instate. Don't want to leave it too late.

At the moment I'm pretty much the same.

15 Dec 1/8 daily

26 Dec quit

2 weeks drug free!!!!! Not all plain sailing but not unbearable either.

The worst part is my very short fuse. Concentration is no better than what it was on the drug, but hoping for an improvement.

I'm still exercising, my poor body has no idea what's hit it, long may it last :)

15 Dec 1/8 daily

26 Dec quit

Way to go FL on keeping active and exercising. It took a few weeks for my concentration to come back and it seems I have to "work" more at concentrating than I did before. I hope things continue to not get worse and in fact, get better. :)

My Introduction

4/13 - Pristiq 100mg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Oldgator I know what you mean by having to work at things!! Exercise happening but not enough, but a lot better than before.

Latest observations after a month off Pristiq

Brain zaps worse late afternoon and evening but not debilitating

Still have short fuse and cannot take repetitive noise like a bouncing ball, come to think about about it I've never liked that.. Worse when trying to concentrate on figures

Weight gain, not happy at all about this hoping short term

All in all it has been a lot better than I expected but worse than I had hoped if that makes any sense at all,

Will still see psychiatrist on 3rd. Very interested to see what she has to say.

15 Dec 1/8 daily

26 Dec quit

Hi Fuzzy,

Firstly I just wanted to say congratulations on getting this far coming off the pristiq. Good for you!

I too had the brain zaps the first time I jumped off pristiq and mine too were not particularly debilitating but the fact that they were there was concerning so as I result I reinstated a tiny nibble for another month or so then tried again and the second time around I had no brain zaps at all. I was pretty disheartened to have to reinstate but i am glad that I did as i knew that the brain zaps were my body telling me that it wasn't quite ready to come off the pristiq. The tiniest nibble although not an exact dose each day worked for me but everybody is different.

Wishing you all the best  

have been on and off antidepressants for 16 years since becoming pregnant with my now 15 year old daughter.
Was put on effexor several years ago and experienced horrible side effects(shakes, vomiting, sweats, chills) about a week into commencing them.
Stopped effexor cold turkey and commenced on cipramil which I stayed on a low dose for many years until I weaned myself off.
A few years ago I was advised to go back on antidepressants and put on Pristiq. Started on 50 mg but experienced insomnia and irritability so halved the dose to 25mg which I tolerated well but didn't do a lot to help with the "depression" so eventually increased dose to 50mg which I was on for about 3 years 
I felt I was ready  to come off the antidepressants so began to wean off them.The method I have used was to cut the tablets up.

At first I took a half in the morning then a quarter late in the afternoon. I would often end up with a big half and a little half when cutting the pills up so I would take the big halves for a about 2 months then swap to the little halves therefore giving me a smallish dose reduction. I held on each reduction for about 6 to eight weeks and sometimes longer depending on how I was feeling.
To try to simply summarise my dosing method……….
*Big half  in morning quarter in early evening (around 4pm) 
*Small half in morning and quarter in evening
*Small half in morning then 1/8 in evening
*big half in morning and evening dose dropped
*small half in morning
*big quarter in morning
*small quarter in morning
*Big eighth in morning
*small eighth in morning
* a nibble of the already tiny tablet :))
This method has proved to be successful for me thus far and as of June 2014 I am more than 2 months completely Pristiq free

Hi Mogfish

Thanks for the advise. When you say a nibble do you mean about a mg? How long did you stay on the nibble?

It's so hard to know what to do. I feel that I'm coping bit scared it will get worse......

Fuzzy

15 Dec 1/8 daily

26 Dec quit

Hi again Fuzzy,

I never weighed the pristiq tablets as some have done to get an exact dose,  I just cut the tablets up.

For me a nibble was literally just that. I would bite off a little bit of a smaller 1/8 tablet and would just look at the piece  to make sure it was roughly the same size each day. ( It was literally a crumb) I did this for about 6 weeks and when I stopped taking that little crumb I no longer had the brain zaps. I know it is so hard to know what to do, I felt the same way you are feeling now and really didn't want to reinstate that tiny nibble but I am glad that I did as it did work for me. Do you still have any tablets left just incase you decide to reinstate?

have been on and off antidepressants for 16 years since becoming pregnant with my now 15 year old daughter.
Was put on effexor several years ago and experienced horrible side effects(shakes, vomiting, sweats, chills) about a week into commencing them.
Stopped effexor cold turkey and commenced on cipramil which I stayed on a low dose for many years until I weaned myself off.
A few years ago I was advised to go back on antidepressants and put on Pristiq. Started on 50 mg but experienced insomnia and irritability so halved the dose to 25mg which I tolerated well but didn't do a lot to help with the "depression" so eventually increased dose to 50mg which I was on for about 3 years 
I felt I was ready  to come off the antidepressants so began to wean off them.The method I have used was to cut the tablets up.

At first I took a half in the morning then a quarter late in the afternoon. I would often end up with a big half and a little half when cutting the pills up so I would take the big halves for a about 2 months then swap to the little halves therefore giving me a smallish dose reduction. I held on each reduction for about 6 to eight weeks and sometimes longer depending on how I was feeling.
*small half in morning
*big quarter in morning
*Big eighth in morning
*small eighth in morning
This method has proved to be successful for me thus far and as of June 2014 I am more than 2 months completely Pristiq free

Thanks for that info. Yes I have a few tablets left if I decide to reinstate and at a nibble they should last.

I have decided to wait until I have seen the psychiatrist before I do anything, having said that I'm still not sure I'm going to get any answers...... Hope the delay doesn't take me out of the reinstate window should I decide to go that route.

15 Dec 1/8 daily

26 Dec quit

• 2 weeks later...

Psych visit yesterday. Interesting.

In short this is what I leant or had confirmed:

Pristiq difficult to come off (I knew that but dr and pharmacist disagreed to point they didn't believe me)

Acknowledged brain zaps and lot of people struggle

Pristiq a strong AD for major depression not minor (and I was prescribed it for menopause) glad I refused to up the dose from 50mg - could be one of the reasons I felt so dead on it.

Cutting is ok, skipping a no no

I'm suffering from minor depression though but was given natural remedies and advised to go to a psychologist to talk things through and that at this stage not necessary to take an AD even though there are much milder ones. Even acknowledged that I'd had a bad experience so wouldn't be keen on AD's without any prompting from me

All in all a very positive visit.

15 Dec 1/8 daily

26 Dec quit

• 1 month later...

I haven't been online for ages. Thought I would pop in and give you an update.

3 months ago I took my last dose of Pristiq. Another milestone in my withdrawl journey.

The brain zaps have gone. Ears still buzz occasionally, but all in all physically I'm feeling a whole lot better. I'm even shedding the few kilos a put on when I stopped.

Anger has been my BIG problem. I have a short fuse at the moment but am seeing a lovely counsellor and I can already see a difference. We are working through things. I know that mentally I still have a way to go.

I'm still exercising, not as much as I had planned but I'm being kind to myself.

A couple of days ago I realised that for the past 2+ years I'd been slowly losing interest in so many things around me. I am starting to notice things around the house that have been neglected and doing something about it - not so sure my long suffering family are overly thrilled with that . It's good to feel alive and want to do things, even if it is sorting the grocery cupboard!

The best decision I made was to come off Pristiq.

Thank you to all those who have supported me in this journey I couldn't have done it without you

Fuzzy

15 Dec 1/8 daily

26 Dec quit

Good for you Fuzzy!!!! I am so happy to hear that you are doing well. Be patient and kind to yourself with regards to the anger. It was my biggest issue with stopping Pristiq. It does get better with time, and the counsellor is a great idea. I have found Mindfullness therapy to be helpful also some diet changes ( cutting out refined sugar) and naturopathy to be very beneficial.

*small half in morning
*big quarter in morning
*Big eighth in morning
*small eighth in morning
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Very happy to hear you're doing better. I added our cheerful "here comes the sun" symbol

to the title of your Intro topic, to show you're recovering.

Please continue to let us know how you're doing. I hope you will add your story to our Recovery Success Stories eventually!

Thank you for this much needed nugget of inspiration. I had no knowledge of the horrors of withdrawal before it happened to me. Seeing how much better you're doing after 3 months is encouraging, even though I'm starting my sixth month and still getting the sh*t kicked out if me. I needed to hear a positive story, so I can keep pushing on. Maybe my recovery is right around the corner.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

• 6 months later...

It's been just over 10 months since my last dose of Pristiq. I wouldn't say that it has been easy, but have gradually felt better. I still have melt downs but they are getting further apart.

Today I participated in a Mini Triathlon, I stress mini, but am feeling accomplished. This time last year I was barely coping.

Thank you to everyone on this site who has supported me on my journey I'd still be on that stupid drug if it wasn't for all of you

15 Dec 1/8 daily

26 Dec quit