crazykatie: my withdrawal from an antipsychotic

crazykatie

Ok. I got a kinda controversial question. I'm so obsessed with researching all these meds. The harm they do. If I will ever get off them? I question if researching too much can cause psychosis? I'm so knowledgeable now about things n I just talk constantly about it? I think I've crossed a line. I am wondering if I'm appearing that I'm like a paranoid schizophrenic just on a mission that isn't accepted as right.

Was on antidepressants on and off from 2000-2007 dx with MDD n anxiety.

2009- had like a physical breakdown. Was exhausted n not functioning properly. Still have depression n had become suicidal. Shrink dx bipolar while I never had a single manic episode. I got at least 8-9 hours of sleep every night. I required that to function since a child. I was admitted to the psych ward immediately. Was then put on a cocktail.

Lithium, lamotrigine, wellbutrin, prozac, depakote, Xanax, trazadone and ritalin.

Went through over 50 shock treatments n put on Invega in addition

Spring 2014, made the decision to try to get off some meds.

11 weeks ago I qt quit invega

10/6 reinstated 150 mg of Wellbutrin

I currently take 40 mg of prozac, 300 mg of lamotrigine, 1 mg of Xanax, 150 mg of trazadone

I am down from three medications. The forementioned others that I was initially put on I stopped prior to 2014.

I am hoping to be med free one day. I do not have any intention of stopping the current ones right now. I'm going to give my body a little more time to adjust.

Progress not perfection!!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crazykatie

• Altostrata

• luv2knit

• primrose

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

My doc gave me 10 mg of adderal for me to take at 8 n 12. 

?????

Hi CK. I'd like to suggest that instead of researching the meds you could take a break &  look through the "symptoms and self help" thread here and find some calming strategies such as epsom salt baths, deep breathing, gentle walks in nature etc. etc. that you could use now or add to your bag of tricks for the future.

Your nervous system with thank you for it!!

I like how you are approaching all of this. You seem very open, willing & cooperative. That is a huge bonus for you. The folks here really , really know what they are talking about. This is all very hard but you are doing great.

At one point you asked whether or not some of us decide to stay on some drugs. I will speak for myself. The answer for me right now is yes. I am thinking I will need to stay on a low dose of anti depressant for the rest of my life. However, I remain open to the POSSIBILITY of going off completely... but I doubt it.

RU

Fall 1995 xanax, zoloft. switched to Serzone

1996- spring 2003serzone/ xanax/ lightbox.

b]Fall 2003- Fall 2004? Lexapro 10 mg. Light box /4 mg. xanax.[/b]

2004 - Fall of 2009 10 mg Lex, 150 mg Wellbutrin XL % 4 mg xanax

November 2009- Sept. 2011 10 mg lex., 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax [/b

Sept.2012- July 2012 20 mg Lex 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax

My mantra " go slow & with the flow "

3/2/13.. Began equal dosing 5 Xs /day xanax, while simultaneously incorporating a 2.5 % drop ( from 3.5 mg/day to 3.4 mg/day)

4/6/13 dropped from 300 mg. Wellbutrin XL to 150 mg. Difficult but DONE! Down to 3.3 mg xanax/ day / 6/10/13 3 mg xanax/day; 7/15/2013 2.88mg xanax/day.

10/ 1/2013...... 2.5 mg xanax… ( switched to tablets again) WOO HOO!!!!!! Holding here… cont. with Lexapro.

1/ 2/2014.. tapered to 18mg ( by weight) of a 26 mg ( by weight) pill of 20 mg tab. lexapro. goal is 13mg (by weight OR 10 mg by ingredient content) and STOPPED. Feeling very down with unbalanced, unpredictable WD symptoms.

1/2/2014- ??? Taking a brain-healing break from tapering anything after actively tapering something for 1.5 years. So… daily doses as of 2/2/2014: 18 mg by weight Lex, 150 mg Well. XL, 2.5 mg xanax, down from 26 mg by weight Lex., 300 mg well. XL, 4 mg xanax in August, 2012. I'll take it. :) 5/8/14 started equivalent dose liquid./ tabs. 5/13/14 1.5 % cut.

Thanks Are,

I have always been on adhd meds. It wasnt as bad until I started psych drugs. I was prescribed 2 15 mg but stopped those too. I can't handle it. Just one more med I can knock off my list.

2009- had like a physical breakdown. Was exhausted n not functioning properly. Still have depression n had become suicidal. Shrink dx bipolar while I never had a single manic episode. I got at least 8-9 hours of sleep every night. I required that to function since a child. I was admitted to the psych ward immediately. Was then put on a cocktail.

Lithium, lamotrigine, wellbutrin, prozac, depakote, Xanax, trazadone and ritalin.

I currently take 40 mg of prozac, 300 mg of lamotrigine, 1 mg of Xanax, 150 mg of trazadone

I am down from three medications. The forementioned others that I was initially put on I stopped prior to 2014.

I am hoping to be med free one day. I do not have any intention of stopping the current ones right now. I'm going to give my body a little more time to adjust.

I am so happy to report with some hope today. I'm feeling fantastic. I've been having about a 5 days. However, this morning I awoke to NO anxiety. No muscle tension. I even have an appetite back. I've been having some problems pooping but hey I always used to!!!

I choose not to look at this as a window. I refuse to give up hope that God has blessed me as one of the chosen few to end this nightmare in a matter of a little over two months!!!

I do plan to taper again in December or January. I believe n am open to suggestion, but I want to taper the prozac next.

But I'm finally free of that hellacious nightmare of a drug called invega. I hope that will be the worse withdrawal since it was ct.

Thanks all you guys for helping me through these last several weeks. It's been brutal but so worth it!!

No I am off TWO meds. No more adderall either. Go me!!

Congratulations, Katie!  Glad things are going well for you.  Hope that continues and only gets better!

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Hi Muddles,

Thank you for the positive reinforcement. I'm doing quite grand for 11 weeks off invega ct. I am . Having many health issues though. I keep feeling like it's over for now to just find out something else is wrong. But ill keep positive n focus on the future. Will proceed with tapering the Prozac soon. Looking forward to a hopeful drug free life in the future.

Hugs!!

Thanks For,

I'm in the process of getting off meds. I just finished quitting invega ct 11 weeks ago. From what people on the board say, I should not start another taper yet. It's been almost two week's that I finished a second three week round of wd. I said I wanted off meds already. Are you suggesting I get off all my meds at once?? If you are, you are absolutely out of your mind.

Ill follow the old timers and survivors advice. I don't want to be in withdrawal from several meds at one time. It is not advised.

I take magnesium and omega oil and passion flower. I have also cut from 450 mg of Wellbutrin to 150mg. Stopped adderal. Gotten back to my regular dose of xanax 1 mg a night n 150 mg of trazadone from 300. I didn't take wellbutrin for wd. I was on all the drugs at once. The act of polypresscribed. I don't think my shrink had a clue. I was never psychotic or manic either so I'm not quite sure why I was on an antipsychotic in the first place.

I have made a lot of progress in the last 11 weeks in cutting down my meds. I'm not gonna push the envelope.

Hi guys!!

Glad to see some people are improving and sad to see the many still suffering. This is just horrific use of medication.

I've been doing great with the exception of physical problems. I'm better emotionally n mentally than I've ever been. I'm alive. I'm happy. I'm optimistic. I'm hoping to get back to work next year.

I have cut my trazadone from 150 mg to 50 mg

Xanax from 1 mg now .5

Prozac still 40

Lamotrigine still 300

Wellbutrin still 150

I'm stable as all get out. It's like I'm being born again. I can't say how much hope I have for my future.

Unfortunately I'm having to take pain pills n muscle relaxers again. However, I will get through this. I have to have sinus surgery on the 11th. I always host thanksgiving but I can't this year bc my nose will still be bleeding. I'm also pretty much certain that I'm going to have to have surgery on my hip again. But hey I can actually feel being upset!! Lol

Well wishes, hugs and love to all you guys!!

• Administrator

Good to hear, CK. Go easy on the reductions, please!

You may not want to make any drug changes around your surgeries, those can be stressful on the nervous system as well.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Glad to hear you're doing so well. Prayers for your upcoming surgeries!

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

That's what I was thinking Alto. So if might need be until Spring next year. Oh well.

Thank Luv. You hang in there.

Hi All :)

Seen some people making some improvements. Maybe minute but put a bunch together n everything will all click eventually.

I'm still doing good. I have sciatica n am getting a nerve block on Tuesday. The one is my mid back has lasted me over 18 months now. So hopefully this will be the trick.

Hate to say even the smallest negative statement but it's something I can deal with. Just strange.

I've always had jerk reactions when laying in bed. However they are quite intense n like a pulsating feeling. I'm wondering if this is from the sciatica or the drugs.

I have always been restless. Bc I was too sick to be in my own head. But I'm doing wonders in therapy. And have actually calmed down a lot n the muscle tension that I chronically had in my upper neck into my shoulders has been much improved.

Just curious. Especially you mammap!!!

Hi katie,

I find your story very encouraging and gives me patience knowing that there is someone who has recovered. I have been on anti psychotics for about 8 months specifically Zyprexa and Invega at various doses. However, 2 months ago I quit cold turkey and have not really suffered many withdrawal effects except for anxiety which is now almost gone. I still suffer from lack of emotions and anhedonia which I feel has not improved much since I quit the medication. Am I suppose to feel the incremental improvement or will I suddenly feel that it has gone away? How was it in your case?

Thanks

Started on Zyprexa 15mg in January 2014
Switched to Invega in March 2014
Back to Zyprexa 5mg in June 2014
Quit anti psychotics cold turkey on September 1st 2014 after severe anhedonia and brain fog.

Hi Amro,

I was on my psych cocktail for 7 years almost. I also qt the invega. I'm still on some meds but I've reduced a lot of them.

For me I just started thinking about the worst part of my wd, it was the insomnia. The anxiety would be so bad that it would just feed into the insomnia. I had to stop consuming myself with the worry about everything. I gave everything over to God constantly. I was raised Catholic not practicing but I do believe in God or some sort of higher power. Prayer gave me relief. If only for a short period. I'd pray again.

I had a week of what was like an opiate wd about 3 days after taking my last pill. Once I could sleep, four days in, I started to believe I could make this. I still had anxiety, lack of appetite, severe muscle tension, migraines, etc. BUT I WAS SLEEPING. That is one thing you cannot live without. So I looked at it that I was headed on the road to recovery with just this improvement. I kept positive.

I recovered n was doing pretty good, but I had totally cut out my Wellbutrin bc I thought it was feeding the anxiety from the wd. I got very down n depressed. Suicidal really. So I decided I would start back to 150 mg of Wellbutrin. Within a few days, I felt better.

Then three weeks after that finished, I had full blown wd. Anxiety, hot flashes where's serious thought I was going to melt, vomiting, no appetite, diarrhea, muscle tension, insomnia, irritability. This went on for about three weeks. It was hell. But once I got to sleep, I looked at it positive. I still take trazadone n xanax at night n the trazadone makes me hungry. So I would eat then. I started taking magnesium. Omg wonderful for the constant neck, head, back n shoulder tension. I just stayed positive. I found that reading about all the wd boards n informative websites, it only increased my anxiety bc the majority of people were only focusing on the negative. I didn't want to be like that.

Honestly, health physical wise, I'm not good. But mentally and emotionally in healthier than ever. I have feelings back. They weren't as strong as the beginning but I could see a lil of my old personality back. Now it's even better. I get to feel excited, happy, enthusiastic n positive. I had no problem feeling sad on the meds. I really believe that you have to focus on the positive steps. Each step means more n more improvement n should be taken with joy and optimism.

I feel healthier than I ever have in my life. I've bee in intensive therapy too. I have several sexual traumas in my childhood that had never been dealt with. I really believe therapy has really helped deal with the wd as well.

I'm here to help in anyway. I don't think some people like the way I'm all about focusing on the positive. In my opinion, too many are caught up in bad. I choose to take my life back. Work to get off my meds and be positive and proactive.

Hugs!

Thanks a lot Katie for the feedback!

I pray to God all the time and ask Him to help me out in this situation. I think that is the only way to get out of it along with patience. I think it's a right approach to stay positive but it is sometimes hard to do so when you can't have any positive feelings. However, I guess I must give it some time before I can start judging the recovery process.

Quit anti psychotics cold turkey on September 1st 2014 after severe anhedonia and brain fog.

It is really hard when there is no improvements to speak of. I just kept praying n placed faith in God n reminded myself that it was going to take awhile. I never said oh this is never gonna end. I refuse to look at it like that. I was nothing much of a person on the invega n I wasn't much of a nice person going through wd. I just keep looking ahead.

Sorry, Katie. I know it's tough. Praying you see some improvement soon.

Luv,

Nothing to be sorry about. I was talking about amro's post. I'm good. I'm in a lot of pain with sciatica n groin pain. I'm going in for an epidural/nerve block on Tuesday. That should end the sciatica but the pain in my groin has to do with something else but they are stumped. It's not pleasureable. I just keep trying to be positive.

I have sinus surgery on the 11th. Then hopefully by Christmas, I will be healed completely.

How are you sweetie?

Still dealing with the akathisia, but hanging in there! Thanks, Katie!

Luv,

I'm praying for you every night. I can't stand that part. I think that was one of the worst parts. Insomnia wins though lol!!

I decided to not have my sinus surgery to get the blood clot removed. I'm not feeling bad so I don't feel like I should do it right now. I got my epidural in my S1 yesterday. My sciatica is gone. I still have severe groin pain. Go in tomorrow for a bone scan. If anything, I will have to replace the ball of my hip or shorten my other leg. Hoping for neither.

I am really thinking about dropping down my prozac by 50%. I know that's not recommended here but I don't have the money to use a compounded pharmacy. I am debating waiting until after the holidays. I just think I'm doing so much better without the ones I've stopped. I'm just curious to see how much better than I am even now.

I'll keep praying for you!!

Glad you're doing so much better. Please be careful dropping the Prozac so quickly, though. Praying for us all. (Hugs)

Katie I'm so impressed by your positive attitude I know from years of experience it helps so much. Handing your withdrawal over to the care of God every morning to me is essential .There could not be any thing more positive. As long as we remember that God also works through people so there for I go to my groups and I use this site for help and encouragement was many years on bensos and have been of them many years and fully recovered from them but I have been on ads for 40 years and I have been off them for months it's not easy but I am determined to recover from these just as I recovered from bensos. I too have bad pain in the groin and I'm hoping it is withdrawel related it started the night after I took my last antidepressant .what I've noticed in my years of dealing with this stuff is I've got much better at handling pain not something I welcome but I find that ecceptance is the key .It lessons the anxiety it's so important to get a handle on this stuff please stay positive. We will definitely fully recover one day if we keep going xxx

I was originally on 350 mils doxepin started in1975 through the years I tapered down to 100 mils

I stayed on this dose for many years

I have now been off for 7 months ago

• Administrator

ck, you can make your own liquid Prozac with water. Please read the Prozac topic.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Thanks Patoski

I broke my hip in March. Then in June I was in a really bad accident n broke my pelvis in two places n a vertebrae in my back. I went to a doc everyday this week except one!! My doc ordered a spine scan. I have necrosis of the femoral head. Basically the ball of the hip joint died from lack of blood supply. I will have a partial hip replacement shortly.

Alto, now that I've been told that I need surgery. I am NOT making any changes. One thing at a time.

I just want to say that even though I'm in severe pain. Mentally, spiritually and emotionally I am BETTER than I ever have been. As I've stated my hope is to be free of meds. However, I will be ok if I still need to take one. Unfortunately, I've had to increase my trazadone to 150mg again. It's really hard to sleep when you're in constant pain. BUT I AM OK WITH THAT. This is for a reason other than not being able to sleep on my own.

I seriously, like you Patoski, believe connecting spiritually is the best thing that happened to me through this. I know I am never alone, when I have needs I can pray for relief, when everything is fine, I can say thank you n when things are great, I can say your power is so strong. It isn't always easy. However, the more positive I am, the more I feel better and the more I pray, I am happy and very optimistic.

Love to all!

• Administrator

ck, by all means, do what you can to take care of yourself. Good luck with your surgery.

Good luck Katie! you seem like a nice person :)

• 1 month later...

Happy New Year Everyone!!

Well I've been off invega for nearly 4 months now after a ct quit. I feel just fine. I am stable n able to enjoy life.

I had surgery on 1/9 for a total hip replacement. My femur had lost blood supply as well n had to be hallowed out n have a steel rod put in. I'm recovering well.

I quit ADHD meds in October. Fine from that. I was on pain pills since March as many of you know my injuries last year. I took my last pain pill on the 29th. I consider myself truly sober n clean now.

I'm currently still 40 mg prozac, 300 mg of lamotrigine, 150 mg of wellbutrin, 150 mg of trazadone n 1.5 mg of xanax. I also take birth control.

I was hoping to taper my prozac last year but with my physical problems, most of you suggested that I not start another taper. I see my shrink on Friday for the first time in over two months. I haven't been able to drive since November n was supposed to have sinus surgery which I had to cancel due to my hip replacement.

It's winter n damn cold with hardly any sun here for about 3 more months. I'm not planning to attempt a taper in my prozac until spring.

I feel incredible. I'm energetic. I no longer have restless leg syndrome. I'm pretty much at peace. I hope to provide some hope n encouragement that you can recover.

I hope all had a happy new year and is doing well. I need to read some posts n update myself!!

Really great to hear from you, Katie! I had wondered how you were doing! Glad to hear you're doing so well!

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Katie, thanks for coming back and updating us. I am so glad that your operation went well and that you 

are feeling so good. I am having a hip replacement next month and was feeling very anxious but feel a 

bit better about it now. My goal is to be able to taper and quit the strong painkillers once it is over with!  :)

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Mamma,

Omg!! I can't tell you how easy a hip replacement is compared to a hip pinning. I walked the next day n was sent home in 2 flippin day!! Pain isn't as bad as the hip pinning either. However, I got a 14 1/2 incision with 28 staples. Getting the staples was nothing either! You will do fine!

Good Luck!

• Moderator Emeritus

CK, it's great to hear how well you're doing. And your plan to start tapering the Prozac in the spring sounds realistic and sensible. Way to go, keep it up, you're inspiring!

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

• 10 months later...

I just wanted to give out some hope for those struggling to get off antipsychotics. I have been off invega since late July. I'm doing wonderful. I have no problems. Have not been suicidal. I'm not numb like I was. I actually enjoy the holidays, get excited about things, I actually even work part time.

I will say that I did lose a dramatic amount of weight. But I also had a hip replacement, got a tubal n ablation. So I got active again n got off bc pills. So I believe the weight loss is all due to EVERY three of those things.

To anyone that's going through w/d, please don't mind PMing me.

I wish all my dear friends are doing well and much better of course!

Hi Kathie--  It's wonderful to hear such a success story.  I so glad you're feeling so much better and very pleased that you want to share it with everyone here.  However the posts made here can be seen all over the internet so it is not a good idea to post your personal contact information.  I took the liberty of removing your email address and changing it for a request for PMs.  If someone contacts that way you can then give just them the personal information for further conversations.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

I do not personally care. If someone has this struggle, I want them to be able to get in contact with me asap.

Also I don't frequent this site often. I can sometimes find this website very negative. Instead of having any optimism out there, not that much success hope for many.

That's why I stopped coming.