Pet stories

degen12

Turns out there is a thread in Off-Topic. I did Google search the site first, I swear :P. You can delete this, of course :).

April / 2016: Cipralex 10 mg, Mirtazapine 30 mg, Lyrica 600 mg, Diazepam 20 mg, Bystolic 5 mg

2018: Lots of polypharmacy which is undocumented here. Started and stopped several drugs and changed doses of existing ones

August / 2018: Back on track! Cipralex 15 mg, Mirtazapine 7.5 mg, Diazepam 15 mg

September 2018: Cipralex 15 mg -> 12.5 mg

October 2018: Cipralex 12.5 mg -> 10 mg, Mirtazapine 7.5 mg -> 3.75 mg -> Stopped, Diazepam 15 mg

November 2019: Cipralex 5 mg, Diazepam 10 mg

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Not at all! This is a good topic for Symptoms and Self-Care.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I like this topic. Pets are really important!

My 12 year old female labrador died 3 months ago (I was on acute withdrawal), it was devastating. I always suffer a lot when my dogs pass away, because I love them and take care of them through their lives. But this time with my labrador, since I was on acute WD, it was EXTREMELY painful. She also died when I came home and held her. I think she was waiting for me. Anxiety and depression got much much much worse after that.  

However, I still have my other dog, a Jack Russell Terrier. I cannot be apart from him. His presence and unique personality have helped me a lot during WD. I really do believe he's helping me heal. 

Pets are really important in life, so it makes sense that they're even more important during WD. 

-Effexor 150 mgs (2001-2009). Severe withdrawal symptoms during and after tapering for 6 months.  

-Pristiq 50 mg (2009-2012) Tapered over a year. Worst year of my life. 

-Prozac 20 mg (2012) Tapered over 6 moths to ease withdrawal. Still had severe WD symptoms. 

- (2012-2014) Doctor tried more than 20 medications for depression and WD, leaving me hypersensitive, and in protracted withdrawal. 

- Most debilitating symptoms during protracted withdrawal have been deep depression, anxiety, brain zaps, fatigue, akathisia, twitching, headaches and terrible PMS. 

-January 2015: Started Lamictal 12.5 mg, increased to 25 mg.- Bad reaction when updosed to 50 mg. Stopped. 

-February 2015: Doctor tried new antidepressant Brintellix - Horrible reaction. Discontinued completely. Severe AKATHISIA started.

-March 2015:  Started TMS therapy (Transcranial magnetic stimulation) for severe depression. Didn't work. 

-July 23-August 12: Had 10 ECT sessions which took away my protracted withdrawal symptoms including: akathisia, brain zaps, muscle twitches, fatigue and depression. Stopped medications. 

-September 2015: Experiencing bouts of depression again and muscle twitching. 

-March 2016: Started 20 mg Nortryptiline for depression. It helped. 

-August 2016: Slowly tapering Nortryptiline. 

• Administrator

Do you have any photos, Cdav?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I have a 7lb terrier named Frankie. He is so sweet. He knows I'm not well. He sits on the edge of my bed and looks at me with concern frequently. :(

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Alostrata, I do have a photos!

The one on the right is my beautiful Heidi, the labrador that passed away recently. 

The little one on the left is my beloved doggie Max, who is still with me and such a blessing. 

This is a picture from around July of this year. 

JDM1984, Frankie sounds very sweet, maybe you could share a photo too? 

post-404-0-97110200-1419379437_thumb.jpg

-Effexor 150 mgs (2001-2009). Severe withdrawal symptoms during and after tapering for 6 months.  

-Prozac 20 mg (2012) Tapered over 6 moths to ease withdrawal. Still had severe WD symptoms. 

- (2012-2014) Doctor tried more than 20 medications for depression and WD, leaving me hypersensitive, and in protracted withdrawal. 

- Most debilitating symptoms during protracted withdrawal have been deep depression, anxiety, brain zaps, fatigue, akathisia, twitching, headaches and terrible PMS. 

-January 2015: Started Lamictal 12.5 mg, increased to 25 mg.- Bad reaction when updosed to 50 mg. Stopped. 

-February 2015: Doctor tried new antidepressant Brintellix - Horrible reaction. Discontinued completely. Severe AKATHISIA started.

-March 2015:  Started TMS therapy (Transcranial magnetic stimulation) for severe depression. Didn't work. 

-July 23-August 12: Had 10 ECT sessions which took away my protracted withdrawal symptoms including: akathisia, brain zaps, muscle twitches, fatigue and depression. Stopped medications. 

• Administrator

Both of them, such sweet faces!

• Moderator Emeritus

I am not allowed pets at this house unfortunately, but here is my old dog Lady.

We rescued her at 14 years after being a puppy factory and living in a barn. She had mange, fleas 

and worms. She had never been inside a house but settled in right away.  It took a little while to

housetrain her but she got it in a week or so.  She learned to walk on a leash and come to heel.

She followed me around like a little shadow and was a delight. I had her for 4 years before her

heart gave out at 18. I had been in hospital and she had stayed at my daughter's house about

half a mile away. The day I cae home she escaped through the back door and ran all the way

home as fast as her little legs would go. She collapsed and slept on my bed the rest of the day.

Next morning she couldn't get up and the vet said she had a heart attack.  I lost her that day  :(

Don't be saddened by her story, she had an amazing 4 years and died in my arms, she brought

a lot of love. And an old dog really CAN learn new tricks  :wub:

Here she is, a few days after coming to us she made herself a cocoon in a pillow  :D

826802e7-d357-4a04-bd92-56132234052f_zps

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• Moderator Emeritus

Cdav,

Heidi was beautiful. I lost my gorgeous girl Lucky (who was with me through the worst of it and will forever be with me as my avatar).

I have a black lab called Murray and a new rescue dog called Lola ( I call her the beast because she is huge and mischievous)

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

I love animals! Don't have any now though :(

My fav is dogs!

2010 started 10 mg celexa, 2011 went up to 20 mg

06/2014 started tapering (20 mg,10 mg alternate days)

19/09/2014 crashed at 10 mg

20/09/2014 updosed to 20 mg to try and stabilize- Never stabilized and CNS basically plummeted

August 31 2015- Started my 5% taper anyways

May 3 2016- At 14 mg the tapering caught up with me- Withdrawal included severe anxiety, feeling like im on speed, suicidal and homicidal ideation, akathesia, feeling like I was on heroin, memory loss, PGAD, feeling like I was on an acid

May 4 2016- Updosed to 15.5 mg to try and stabilize

​June 4- Started taking 2 mg 5 times a day which adds up to 10 mg because of akathesia when taking my full dose. Akathesia symtpoms smaller

July 27th- Dropped from 15.5 mg to 10 mg because could no longer tolerate taking drug- bad side effects mainly akathesia and emotional deadness.

​Oct 11- Improved a lot since May 4th after my crash. Withdrawal symptoms still left- DR/DP, emotional anasthesia, akathesia, tingling in head, feeling like my body and face disappears, messed up sound interpretation, perception and difficulty reading social and emotional cues during DR/DP, apathy, inability to tell if I am in dream or reality, disturbed sleep. Started having few windows

Alostrata, thank you. Do you have any pets?

mammaP, Lady was beautiful. I'm glad you were able to give her such a good life and that you had her in your life. 

dalsaan, I love your avatar, Lucky, she was gorgeous. It's good to keep our pet's memories alive. I have my labrador's ashes with me. I don't know if this is a good idea, but I wanted to keep them. Murray must be very fun to be around. I love labs :)

geminigirl, my fav are dogs too! They are so caring and giving. 

Talk about loving your pets:

This place was world famous and I visited it once when I lived there. They used to host an Open House around Halloween every year because they collected a lot of Dia de los Muertes (Day of the Dead) art. I still have the original article about them from a magazine.

The site has an Adobe Flash menu so it takes ages to load, beware. And sadly, they sold the house and moved away and the new owners removed all the cat walks :(

They were asked why they moved all their animals and selves to Virginia and they said "To experience the seasons". That about sums it up. My season experience in SD: paradise all of the time, this sure is not like Ohio, when does winter get here, I can't tell what season this is supposed to be, etc. You have to live there for years to get the nuances.

Florida has 2 seasons: "Hot and rainy" and "perfect". Perfect is fleeting.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

I have two Standard Poodles.  They are simply not canine but actually little kids with curly hair.  Very very intelligent little kids.  If you're had a Standard then you know what I mean.  It as though we are a family of four.  My male, Rodney, has always been a sweetie and fairly affectionate though never overly so.  He has the Standard personality trait of being "sensible" and really just looking for a good run or ride in the truck. When we ride in the truck, he is always alert, looking out the front window as though anticipating the next turn in the road or the next car coming towards us.  There is no barking or moving, just focus.  But when I got "sick", his demeanor changed.  Now that focus is on me.  He makes certain he is always in the same room as I am.  If my husband calls him to go outside, he looks back at me, and declines the invitation.  If we are pacing on the porch, he is pacing.  His eyes are always on me.  And he will find a place to sit and stare without moving until I bend down to let him "kiss" away my sickness as he does to my female Standard.  I had to beg for kisses before this, and all I got was a perfunctory quick pass at my face.  Now it is long and thorough treatment for my illness.  When I am in great pain, this attention intensifies and backs off on a day of less anguish.  I know that God is kind if for no other reason then this creature of empathy.  

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

3/15/16  Doxepin 49mg Micro Tapering  Zoloft 24.3mg Holding taper

3/15/16 Clonidine mg 0.1 1/2 -    Decreasing incrementally.  DISCONTINUED

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

11/16/16 Doxepin 48mg  Zoloft 24.3mg  Clonidine 1.30mg

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

01/13/19  Doxepin 45mg   Zoloft 21mg   Will start Micro taper of Doxepin 2/19

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

26 Apr 2022 - Zoloft at -0-

Cymbaltawithdrawal, I looked at the website and watched the video, looks like an amazing place to visit! 

SelmaLady, Rodney sounds like a truly amazing soul inside a dog's body. That's why I love dogs, they're very selfless and giving. You're lucky to have him and that he is taking care of you while you heal. :)

Do you think amimals could possibly help with healing? I have always wanted a dog bit work held me back as I didn't want to leave him/her at home alone for long.

I am not able to work now and constantly think of a dog. I worry if I get worse the dog may suffer...what if they pick up on my sickness and suffer (like my children do sometimes).

I'm thinking it may be good for the children also. We always had dogs growing up and I have many fond memories of them.

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Mirtazapine prescribed - adverse reaction but told to stay on.

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Yes I think they can. If you do get one can I move in with you lol ;)

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

• Moderator Emeritus

Muddles, I would say go for it. I think they can help with healing and well being over all. Pick one that works well with your family, size, temperament, exercise/training requirements etc. also think about whether you want a puppy or an older dog. Puppies can be a lot of work and a lot of fun. I always get rescue dogs

I'd move in too but I'd have to bring my two dogs and three cats

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

Yes, Muddles, I do think they can help the healing process, and even if we weren't going through WD, a dog is always a blessing. If, like Dalsaan says, you choose the right size and temperament, it can be a great blessing. 

You can all move in - the more the merrier...dogs and all!!! I think I'm going to go for it. My sister has just moved in for a short time while she sorts out my dads house out and she would help with training etc. She is always out walking so I know that even if I couldn't ... She would take the dog out etc. I'm looking at the cocka-poo, a mixed breed but low shedding (my daughter is allergic to certain breeds). Puppies are hard work but I'm up during the night anyway!!

Thanks guys!

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

I just found out this AM that we have to put our 13 yo dog to sleep tomorrow.

Interestingly, my withdrawal neuropathy which has been gone since I woke up Saturday after a year of that hell was back within one hour of hearing the news. Even though I think I am handling it well and being strong for my kids, my body knows. 

The body always knows doesn't it. 

Going to be a tough day tomorrow.

9/2006 Began Lexapro

1/2014 Began taper from 15mg 

Cut dose by 2.5 mg every two weeks or until stabilized 

5/25/2014 Last dose 

Experienced: Anxiety/depression, intrusive thoughts, dizziness, de-personalization, mood swings, stomach pains, nausea, headaches, gastro upset, anger, many spells of brain fog, chills, water retention, hypoglycemia, heart palpitations, weight gain, light headedness, muscle constriction - jaw, chest, neck, cortisol surges waking me several times at night with heart racing, blurry eyesight / visual snow, neuropathic pain, burning/numbness in hands and feet, muscle twitching, light sensitivity, sinuses, temperature disregulation, ear zaps, FEAR, hopelessness, doom and gloom, muscle spasms and tension across whole body, low energy, apathy, depression, constant post nasal drip, ear pain, jaw pain and cracking, tooth pain, burning/tingling/numbing, right rib cage pain FOREVER, lymph congestion, hypersensitivity to many foods and many supplements, bladder/ urination issues, creaky bones, sallow, yellow skin on hands/feet, emotional dysregulation, back pain, vivid dreams, mucus, peeling lips.

What's left: Low energy some days, muscle pain, hormone imbalance, GI stuff here and there, eye floaters, peeling, red lips.

I'm sorry to hear this...how sad. Be kind to yourself.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Greentrain,

I'm thinking of you, very sad. I had to go through this recently.

You are right, the body always knows.

Take care

Dalsaan

I'm so sorry greentrain. Losing a dog is one of the saddest experiences in my opinion. But it's part of life and how different our life-span is compared to theirs. Try to focus on the good moments you shared and the good things this dog gave to you. 

Thank you everyone. Trying to take good care! 

9/2006 Began Lexapro

1/2014 Began taper from 15mg 

Cut dose by 2.5 mg every two weeks or until stabilized 

5/25/2014 Last dose 

Experienced: Anxiety/depression, intrusive thoughts, dizziness, de-personalization, mood swings, stomach pains, nausea, headaches, gastro upset, anger, many spells of brain fog, chills, water retention, hypoglycemia, heart palpitations, weight gain, light headedness, muscle constriction - jaw, chest, neck, cortisol surges waking me several times at night with heart racing, blurry eyesight / visual snow, neuropathic pain, burning/numbness in hands and feet, muscle twitching, light sensitivity, sinuses, temperature disregulation, ear zaps, FEAR, hopelessness, doom and gloom, muscle spasms and tension across whole body, low energy, apathy, depression, constant post nasal drip, ear pain, jaw pain and cracking, tooth pain, burning/tingling/numbing, right rib cage pain FOREVER, lymph congestion, hypersensitivity to many foods and many supplements, bladder/ urination issues, creaky bones, sallow, yellow skin on hands/feet, emotional dysregulation, back pain, vivid dreams, mucus, peeling lips.

What's left: Low energy some days, muscle pain, hormone imbalance, GI stuff here and there, eye floaters, peeling, red lips.

ok, I know this topic is more for members pets but I wanted to post this here instead of 'off topic' so more might see it. If you want it moved, just say so.

I like to see where people get their avatars from. A search today led me to this page which has the best compilation of babies and pets I have seen.

Here's a cutie:

57-2.jpg

They've all been posted elsewhere....

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

Oh, it's really cute. Thank you for posting it  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ten years ago I adopted an extraordinary dog from a shelter.

She changed my life.  I cannot express how healing it is

to have her with me, loving me no matter what I'm going through.

On 20 mg of Prozac for about ten years. Sept 2012 started reducing 10% a drop using gram scale, with average of one month holds.

When I'd reached the half way mark, taking 10 mg  powder out of the 20 mg capsules, I switched over to 10 mg capsules and cutting

down from those. Withdrawals got harder the lower I dropped.  May 2013 changed to 5% drops, holding until all withdrawal symptoms gone.

January 2015 changed to liquid prozac (concentration of 20MG per 5 mL) using a 1mL oral syringe.

Current dose of fluoxetine solution equivalent 3.4 mg. Any effort to drop below this has been disastrous so for the time being I'm staying at this level.
Adding 200 mg Tryptophan and 200 GABA a day has helped with anxiety.
Also take 1,300mg Omega- 3,  875mg  Magnesium, 1800mg Curcumin, 1000mg Vit C, 5000 Vit D.

Indigo, I'm glad you have a dog that helps your healing. Dogs are really angels when they love us so unconditionally. 

• Administrator

indigo, the photo disappeared!

Such a beautiful dog, so sad someone gave her up to a shelter. But so wonderful she was adopted by you.

I was feeling a too exposed having her photo out there. Probably not "justified" but feeling vulnerable right now and it kept bothering me so I pulled it down.

She's such a beautiful dog and an incredible being through and through. Could never have never imagined such a bond as this. I do believe puppy therapy would 

be more healing than drugs to many depressed people, especially children. Puppies not Prozac! 

On 20 mg of Prozac for about ten years. Sept 2012 started reducing 10% a drop using gram scale, with average of one month holds.

When I'd reached the half way mark, taking 10 mg  powder out of the 20 mg capsules, I switched over to 10 mg capsules and cutting

down from those. Withdrawals got harder the lower I dropped.  May 2013 changed to 5% drops, holding until all withdrawal symptoms gone.

January 2015 changed to liquid prozac (concentration of 20MG per 5 mL) using a 1mL oral syringe.

Current dose of fluoxetine solution equivalent 3.4 mg. Any effort to drop below this has been disastrous so for the time being I'm staying at this level.
Also take 1,300mg Omega- 3,  875mg  Magnesium, 1800mg Curcumin, 1000mg Vit C, 5000 Vit D.

i agree, Indigo. Puppies, not prozac! :)

• 4 weeks later...

The anxiety that made me pull the photo of my dog passed, so here she is.

The dog of dreams. She came from a shelter,  an 18 month old stray, and has spent every moment of

the last ten years with me. I trained her to pass the service dog test and she now travels everywhere with me.

Something hard for me to do before she came to me. She has changed my life.

post-1798-0-28206600-1424651339_thumb.jpg

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh Indigo, she is beautiful. Thanks for posting her photo and good on you for choosing a rescue dog. Such a good outcome for you both.

• 9 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

If I hadn't been owned by cats, I might not be here today.

This one was particularly irascible, and nobody loved her but me - she was sweet and caring to me.  Over the years, she became my second self.  She knew me at my worst, and she taught me more about how to care for others.  

I had to stay alive, had to survive, had to "make it," because nobody else would take her:

She lived to be 19 years old, and moved with me to Australia - by then, a blind and deaf cat (she wasn't deaf before the international flights).  She waited in quarantine for 30 days, and helped me normalize in a foreign land where I knew so little, so few people.

She had 3 years in subtropical paradise, where she was the biggest predator on her turf, and had plenty of warm sunshine for her old bones.

She was Squeak.  I will have other cats, but there is only one Squeak in my life.

Squeak1989.jpg

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy