Progress! What withdrawal symptoms have gone away for you?

Rhiannon

3 hours ago, RusTW said:

Thanks  for getting back to me on that I stepped from Zoloft 25 mg each time from 125 mg it was a pretty fast taper so far. I'm at 50 mg now. I kind of feel the same that the Zoloft is a lot easier than antipsychotic Seroquel. Zoloft had me all whacked out while I was on it with OCD thinking and health anxiety so I think taking it now is just making me worse it's making my anxiety worse and I'm noticing OCD thinking holding it 50 mg right now. A member from the site took quite a while to taper down and they had issues while they where holding because of adverse reactions from taking it. I'm trying to differentiate if I'm having symptoms because of my CT of Seroquel or if it is this damn Zoloft is screwing me up again.

I totally agree with you. When i tapered from my antipsychotic i did it by reducing with 300 mg over the course of little over 2 years. It was to fast and thats why i have protracted withdrawål now.

My new therapist told me that one should reduce by 10% and wait until all the symptoms from that dose reductions have gone away.

I don't know when i will recover but i think the next year will be an exiting year. Do you also have inner vibrations?

Ive tried to taper from many drugs during the years. I used to have a kratom addiction and it was pretty easy as far as withdrawals symptoms. I also tried to taper from a benzo, fluoxetin and lyrica.

Reduced the dose by 300 mg over the course of 27 months. Down from 800 mg amisulpride to 500 mg and in protracted withdrawal. Been in protracted withdrawal for 19 months. Its the only medication im on. I have been taking the drug for 10 years.

I jumped off 2-300 mg of seroquel.Was on it around 3 weeks Before that I was on zyprexa 10 mg this was prescribed for insomnia for months.Prior to that I Was on Ativan 1mg for short time -C/T ativan got sick reinstated after 1 week tapered off over a few months..Had some strange W/D symptoms for a few weeks .Had strange symptoms while on it also.

March-2017-Dec-2017 ativanCT /reinstated ativan 1mg tapered 2 months/June 2017-April 2018 zyprexa 10mg switched to seroquel 200-300mg in april 2018/dec-2017-present zoloft 100mg/ quit seroquel 200-300mg cold turkey May 6 2018 reinstated seroquel 100mg around May 25 2018 since then tapered to 50mg zoloft and 50 mg of seroquel presently other medications Testosterone cypionate 2oomg every 4 days

UPDATE -August 20 2018--october 20 2018 tapered off Testosterone/Nov 7 2018 --Dec 20 2018 Lamictal micro dose 2.50mg 1 1/2 weeks then reduced to 1.25 then fast tapered as it became paridoxial.nausea- racing thoughts- agitation and insomnia.

August 28 2018 to Present Cannabis indica micro dose PM bedtime only.

Presently Seroquel 37.5 mg bedtime /Zoloft 47mg morning

May 2018-Present Multivitamin/ Bcomplex/Vit C 1000MG/B12 1000MCG/Fish oils 2grams/

Jan 2019-Trace mineral liquid low dose

Update dec 2019 -29mg of zoloft tapering/Seroquel 37.5 holding/1 or 2  ativan 1mg a month as needed if that.

Black seed oil-caprylic acid-/b complex/b12/multi/D/E/melatonin

• 1 month later...

Do our brains start to heal while we taper or is it delayed until we are completely off the AD?  

2016-Aug-Prescribed 2 mg Ativan & 10 mg Ambien; Oct-c/o from 20 mg Lexapro to 60 mg Cymbalta; Nov-Dec-Tapered off 10 mg Ambien    

2017-Jan-Feb c/o from 1.75 mg Ativan to 13 mg Valium & begin daily liquid micro taper; May-taper Cymbalta 60 mg to 48 mg with severe withdrawals.  Begin 11 month Cymbalta hold.

2018-Jan 11 completed Valium taper; Apr-Resume Cymbalta taper.  Interval dose progress: Apr 43 mg; May 40 mg; Jul 35 mg; Sep 29 mg; Dec 21 mg; 

2019- Apr 14 mg; Jun 11 mg; Aug 9 mg; Oct 7 mg; Nov 6 mg

2020-Jan 5.2 mg; Feb 4.8 mg; Mar 4.3 mg; Apr 3.9 mg; May 3.5 mg; Jun 3.3 mg; Jul 2.9 mg; Aug 2.7 mg; 28 Sep 2.4 mg/12 beads; 25 Oct 2.2 mg/11 beads; 22 Nov 2.0 mg/10 beads; 20 Dec 1.8 mg/9 beads

2021- 17 Jan 1.6 mg/8 beads; 14 Feb 1.4 mg/7 beads; 18 Mar 1.2 mg/6 beads; 18 Apr 1.0 mg/5 beads; 16 May

0.8 mg/4 beads; 13 Jun 0.6 mg/3 beads; 11 Jul 0.5 mg/2 beads; 8 Aug .03 mg/1 bead; 5 Sep 0 mg.

Brutal, agonizing, slow 4.5 year Cymbalta taper completed as of 5 Sep 2021.  100% psych drug free.  

4 hours ago, gardenlady said:

Do our brains start to heal while we taper or is it delayed until we are completely off the AD?  

They can heal while tapering if you go slowly. I dropped to a certain level then gave myself time to stabilize there, let my brain adjust to the new dose, learn how to start compensating for it etc, tried yoga and meditation and therapy etc, and then when I leveled a bit, lowered more...I’m on the lowest dose of Prozac and the lowest of Wellbutrin and am taking a loooong break now. 

• 4 weeks later...

What a great thread! Do people feel like themselves again after they are healed? No depersonalization etc. and not like a totally different person. I just don't feel like the person i was before these meds yet, but wish to return to my good old self.

2010 - 2015: 50mg Sertraline, 30mg Mirtazapine.

2015 - 2016: Last dose Mirtazapine 28.11.2015 and Sertraline 04.01.2016. (6 months taper)

2016/June: 6 months off. Feeling better but a lot of symptoms, name one and i have it.

2016/Dec: 12 months off. Hit a very bad wave, can't function at this moment, isolate and many intense symptoms. Very intense heart palpitations and very intense anxiety.

2017/June: 18 months off. Things are better, experiencing a lot of flashbacks, walking everyday.

2017/Nov: Things have finally started to improve and i'm now much better than a year ago, starting to feel a lot of improvements, but still symptoms that come in waves and windows.  

2018/June: Feeling better. Starting to do some normal things again, but still some improvements needed. All symptoms still there, just less intense.

2018/Oct: Almost 3 years off. Symptoms are milder and more manageable, but lots of anger issues at the moment. Still some depersonalization etc. Heart palpitations almost gone. There's hope.

2021/april: 5 years and 3 months off. Symptoms less intense, but still struggling, still not able to socialize much, very tired, i just want to feel normal again. In a tough and awful wave.

On 4/7/2014 at 4:38 PM, Bellisimo said:

First time this depersonalization hit me i got soooo scared thought i was really going insane, it was sooo frightening, i can say that this symtom is for me the worst symtom ever in recovering! It happened to me ALOT earlier but comes in waves now, sometimes im present for a long time then i suddenly loose myself and the enviorment

This gives me so much hope. Like Altostrata says it feels like I don't recognise familiar places and everyone looks strange. It is a constant exercise in not giving into the contextual and secondary fear around it that adds 'secondary suffering'. I agree though that progress is retrospective and not linear. I felt better swimming in the beautiful Mediterranean Sea and felt life again.. brief moments where life felt 50% real as opposed to 0% ... And when I was able to read several pages of Camus's novel "l'etranger" one day. That is progress. So up and down. 

1999:  Paroxetine (20mg). Age 16. 2007-2008: Fluoxetine (Prozac) for 1.5 years (age 25) Citalopram 20mg 2002-2005, 2009: Escitalopram (20mg), 2 weeks, (age 26) (adverse  reaction)/*Valium 5mg/Temazepam 10mg 2010: Mirtazipine (Remeron)( do not remember dosage) 2010, 5 months.                     2010-2017: Citalopram (20mg) (age 27 to 34) 2016: i.1st Sept- 31st Oct Citalopram 10mg , ii.1st November 2017-30th November 2017, Citalopram 5mg iii.1st December 2017- 4th February 2018, Citalopram 0mg, iv.5th February 2018- March 2018 Citalopram 5mg (10mg every other day) 28th February- tried titration of 5mg ( some adverse effects)

2018: 1st March 2018- 1st June Citalopram 10 mg (tablet form) /started titration 8mg , then 7 mg.2018: June 15th- 10th July Citalopram 10 mg pill every other day 2018: 10th July - 13th Sept Citalopram- 0mg  (CBD oil first month of 0mg, passiflora on and off) 2018 13th Sept Citalopram  2mg ,  approx 16th Sept 4mg , approx 25th Sept 6mg held.  2019: 11 Feb 19: 7mg (instant bad rxn) 12 Feb 19 6mg held 1 May 19 5.4mg held 5 Oct 19 5.36mg 22 Oct 19 5.29mg 30 Oct 19 5.23mg 4/NOV/19 5.18mg 12 Nov 19 5.08mg 20 Nov 19 4.77mg 7 May 22 2.31mg 17/09/2023 0.8mg

(Herbal/Supplements since 1st September: Omega Fish Oil 1200mg, 663mg of EPA- 2 tablets a day, magnesium and magnesium bath salts)

I did not die, and yet I lost life’s breath
- Dante

On 10/8/2018 at 12:05 AM, India said:

This gives me so much hope. Like Altostrata says it feels like I don't recognise familiar places and everyone looks strange. It is a constant exercise in not giving into the contextual and secondary fear around it that adds 'secondary suffering'. I agree though that progress is retrospective and not linear. I felt better swimming in the beautiful Mediterranean Sea and felt life again.. brief moments where life felt 50% real as opposed to 0% ... And when I was able to read several pages of Camus's novel "l'etranger" one day. That is progress. So up and down. 

I feel the same way as you, and i must agree with you, that what Bellisimo said about it gives hope also, also to know that she has healed today and probably dosn't get bothered by this symtom anymore. For me it feels like i'm disconnected all the time and have a hard time being present also, familiar places seems strange and such. But hopefully we will heal from this too. It's great that you feel 50% real sometimes, that's progress!  

2015 - 2016: Last dose Mirtazapine 28.11.2015 and Sertraline 04.01.2016. (6 months taper)

2016/June: 6 months off. Feeling better but a lot of symptoms, name one and i have it.

2016/Dec: 12 months off. Hit a very bad wave, can't function at this moment, isolate and many intense symptoms. Very intense heart palpitations and very intense anxiety.

2017/June: 18 months off. Things are better, experiencing a lot of flashbacks, walking everyday.

2017/Nov: Things have finally started to improve and i'm now much better than a year ago, starting to feel a lot of improvements, but still symptoms that come in waves and windows.  

2018/June: Feeling better. Starting to do some normal things again, but still some improvements needed. All symptoms still there, just less intense.

2018/Oct: Almost 3 years off. Symptoms are milder and more manageable, but lots of anger issues at the moment. Still some depersonalization etc. Heart palpitations almost gone. There's hope.

2021/april: 5 years and 3 months off. Symptoms less intense, but still struggling, still not able to socialize much, very tired, i just want to feel normal again. In a tough and awful wave.

On 10/11/2018 at 4:37 PM, GirlfromD said:

I feel the same way as you, and i must agree with you, that what Bellisimo said about it gives hope also, also to know that she has healed today and probably dosn't get bothered by this symtom anymore. For me it feels like i'm disconnected all the time and have a hard time being present also, familiar places seems strange and such. But hopefully we will heal from this too. It's great that you feel 50% real sometimes, that's progress!  

Hey there everyone! 
iam free since 5 years or so and I haven´t felt that in ages! It is wonderful and beautiful! Iam healed today, working , can function and so on. Living my happy life. It is hard looking back when I was so sick with all these symtoms, I developed hypocondria, went to doctor alot but all tests came back negative. I just could not believe it but it was true, i was just suffering from withdrawal.

2007 - 2013: was on citalopram (tried to quit a few times, never worked, always went back on. max dose 40mg)

2012-2013: was tapering my citalopram all down to 2,5 mg then quit.
2013/aug: Took  my last pill 

W/D hit me bad after a few weeks off my medicine.

2014/August: 12 months off (much improved)

2015/April: 20months off. ( much improved, still some symtoms comes in waves, but not so intense.)

2015/june: 22months off. FELT different than before, all shakings suddenly stopped, feel much better. a fantastic feeling!

2016/Feb : 2 years and 6 months off, END of my suffering. I feel perfectly fine and back to normal. 
2018/Oct: Iam still feeling great. It is hard to believe my own story when I read back, what I went through!

On 10/18/2018 at 1:42 PM, Bellisimo said:

Hey there everyone! 
iam free since 5 years or so and I haven´t felt that in ages! It is wonderful and beautiful! Iam healed today, working , can function and so on. Living my happy life. It is hard looking back when I was so sick with all these symtoms, I developed hypocondria, went to doctor alot but all tests came back negative. I just could not believe it but it was true, i was just suffering from withdrawal.

Hi Bellisimo 😊 This makes me so happy to hear! I'm so glad that your life is great and your'e still fully functioning and able to work, this gives SO much hope. I'ts so tough with these waves, although things have gotten easier with time though its still hard, also this feeling of changing personality etc. Did you feel like through your withdrawal that you went through stages with different feelings that were intensified? I myself cried a lot in the beginning, then anxiety, sadness and finally now anger. I don't now if this is just my feelings adjusting. What happened when you finally noticed that you were healing?                                           

wish you all the best 😊

On 10/21/2018 at 6:41 AM, GirlfromD said:

Hi Bellisimo 😊 This makes me so happy to hear! I'm so glad that your life is great and your'e still fully functioning and able to work, this gives SO much hope. I'ts so tough with these waves, although things have gotten easier with time though its still hard, also this feeling of changing personality etc. Did you feel like through your withdrawal that you went through stages with different feelings that were intensified? I myself cried a lot in the beginning, then anxiety, sadness and finally now anger. I don't now if this is just my feelings adjusting. What happened when you finally noticed that you were healing?                                           

wish you all the best 😊

YES! Fully normal. I went through anger, sadness, feeling complete empty, happy and so on. I could change my emotion up to 4 times in one hour, It was really frustrated because lets say I was happy for one moment and started to read a book or draw or something, then 5min later I was crying lol.. And I had to stop what i was doing.. I think it is normal to feel all the emotions again during w/d. I did not feel many emotions when I was on the medicine. I was never sad, (did not cry for a very long time) It came to a point were I really felt I wanted to just cry but could not.. but yes its normal and it will become better. It did for me. Nowdays I never cry, just if something is happening. Iam a bit more sensitive though in some situations but not like before. 

Edited by ChessieCat
changed from italics

2007 - 2013: was on citalopram (tried to quit a few times, never worked, always went back on. max dose 40mg)

2012-2013: was tapering my citalopram all down to 2,5 mg then quit.
2013/aug: Took  my last pill 

W/D hit me bad after a few weeks off my medicine.

2014/August: 12 months off (much improved)

2015/April: 20months off. ( much improved, still some symtoms comes in waves, but not so intense.)

2015/june: 22months off. FELT different than before, all shakings suddenly stopped, feel much better. a fantastic feeling!

2016/Feb : 2 years and 6 months off, END of my suffering. I feel perfectly fine and back to normal. 
2018/Oct: Iam still feeling great. It is hard to believe my own story when I read back, what I went through!

On 10/22/2018 at 2:23 PM, Bellisimo said:

YES! Fully normal. I went through anger, sadness, feeling complete empty, happy and so on. I could change my emotion up to 4 times in one hour, It was really frustrated because lets say I was happy for one moment and started to read a book or draw or something, then 5min later I was crying lol.. And I had to stop what i was doing.. I think it is normal to feel all the emotions again during w/d. I did not feel many emotions when I was on the medicine. I was never sad, (did not cry for a very long time) It came to a point were I really felt I wanted to just cry but could not.. but yes its normal and it will become better. It did for me. Nowdays I never cry, just if something is happening. Iam a bit more sensitive though in some situations but not like before. 

Thank you so much Bellisimo 😊 I can relate so much to what you said, and i'm glad what i am experiencing isn't so strange then. People on this site, including you are truly inspiring and brings on so much hope.

Best wishes 

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

I am the wife of someone who has been on SSRIs for more than 20 years. Two years ago he left me within weeks of the birth of our third baby. He had become unrecognizable to me about 6 months earlier when his dosage was doubled. I know the drill. I know it's the drugs. I also can now look back on the last 10 years he was consistently drugged and see how they stole his soul little by little. He still had enough humanity in him to stay, but the dosage doubling made his feelings for me, or the impact his leaving would have on our children, completely inaccessible. He, by the grace of God, is now down dow a very low dose, after 1.5 years of rapid tapering. 

I want to hear HOPEFUL STORIES of people waking up. What was it like to regain a sense of who you REALLY are, who you love? The more details the better. I'm desperate for some insight. I've read countless stories of the medicated partner waking up, as if out of a coma, horrified by what he or she did while drugged. I know it can happen any moment. What was it like???? Slow and gradual, or one morning it hit you like a train? Did anything help trigger access to those feelings? Smells, photos, the holidays? He is the love of my life. 

Thanks to all who reply, and prayers to all who suffer because of this poison.

Hi mermaid 👋

I'm in a very low dose right now too, less than 1mg. 

My feelings are starting to return but its very irregular. Just like waves and windows, but of feelings. The feelings are not that intense right now, and they only last a couple of days sometimes and a couple of minutes other times. Even I am confused myself. When I feel, I think about how lucky I am I didn't left my girlfriend. When I don't feel I struggle and ask myself if what I felt moments ago was real. Its like being love bipolar. But I'm definetly better than last year when I felt absolutely nothing, was agresive and totally numb. To me this is very gradual. Sometimes I don't believe myself, that my feelings are returning, because in a matter of hours I can feel I would fight the world for her, and then like nothing matters. But looking back I see things are changing for the better bit by bit

• Started Taking Cymbalta on Dec 31 2015. Went from 30 mg, up to 120 mg until Oct 2016
  • Oct 2016:  fast tapered per doctor's instructions,  in just 2 weeks went from 120 to 90 to 60 mg 
  • CT from 60 mg to 0 and then reinstated after 3 days, then found the 10% method.
  • Tapering since October 2016, lowering by 10% of dose reductions (of original dose which was too fast)
  • May 2017: 7.2 mg/day
  • Nov 2017: 2.7 mg/day  tapered to fast, took a rest
  • Jan 2018: started reducing 2 pellets per month (took more than a month if needed)
  • August 2018: 1.8 mg/day  (10 pellets left)
  • September 2018: 9 pellets left
  • January 2019: 5 pellets left(reducing 1 pellet per month)
  • June 25 2019: last bead taken
  • Forever Free!!!

• ChessieCat changed the title to Regaining emotion/waking up from taper

Hi Mermaid,

I was on 40mg Citalopram for 10.5 years (with 2 rapid tapers and "relapses" in that time) before I started tapering 2 years ago. Through my 30s, basically. In that time I had 2 children.

I never experienced the more severe emotional numbing you describe, but I certainly slowly, slowly lost a sense of self and became more indifferent to my partner. He said it was like my empathy was shut off – I'd just decided 'enough' with his problems and feelings and wouldn't/ couldn't be compassionate or open to him. This was complicated by the fact that, because I was a new mother, he was sensitive to the natural shift in priorities I was experiencing (obviously a shift for both of us, but more pronounced for me). I think we would have seen this lack of empathy more starkly if we hadn't had children at this time (and if my partner was not such an empathetic, loving, supportive and insightful person himself!)

For the good news - since beginning the taper, I have been 'waking up' in lots of different ways. Some are obvious, like being moved to tears very easily, getting greater enjoyment out of books, films, concerts etc, and feeling much more eager to connect with people. Others are mort subtle, like a growing sense of connection to myself, so that I can make decisions about what I want to do much more effectively. This is a hard one to explain, but on ADs I felt some crucial connection had been severed, or at least blunted, so that a lot of what I did was guided by external factors, or just 'going through the motions', in a way that left me increasingly estranged from myself and the life I wanted to live. And no, I didn't become a Nazi skinhead or start gambling or anything, but over time I became more mainstream, more 'bland', more guided by the dominant culture around me than driven by an internal sense of desire.

It doesn't seem coincidental to me that drugs which kill your libido also have this effect on your inner 'life force' or more general desire - for connection, meaning, achievement, humanity. So as I have emerged, some things have made a lot more sense and become easier, like knowing what I like and don't like without that smeared window of indifference and vague anxiety about what I 'should' like obscuring my vision. It's still a confusing time, and I have a lot to work out, and I think I'm always going to be a person like that, but at least I have a fighting chance now with my 'inner compass' turned back on.

For me, sex stopped with ADs ( and I spent a lot of time feeling badly about this, thinking it was me), and started once I began lowering the dose. Opening up that kind of connection again was a HUGE part of reestablishing intimacy, empathy and sensitivity to my partner again. And vice versa, I suppose – feeling empathy and emotional intimacy made it possible to consider sex again. They obviously go hand-in-hand 😉 

My partner, who had considerable reservations about my beginning this taper after my previous 'crash and burn' efforts, has been kind of amazed at the changes in me and how connected we are now. And this is despite my increased irritability and anger, wild mood swings and not inconsiderable melancholy and anxiety. We both feel like we didn't know how different I was until I started to become myself again. And at my lowest points, when I sob to him that surely it was better when I was on the full dose, he still says no. He would understand and support if I wanted to increase the dose for greater stability, but he thinks the gains absolutely outweigh the difficulties of now.

And looking back, we fought about my lack of empathy a lot, and I can even remember him saying how desperate he felt and that 'things have to change' on more than one occasion. A different man would probably have left in that time, and not a bad man, either. My partner is more supportive, devoted and compassionate than most, and thank god I can now appreciate that again. I certainly didn't choose him in an AD fog!

I wish you all the best for your relationship, and hope that this has been some help? I know it's pretty different from your story, but maybe something gives some insight? I can't imagine how hard it must be for you watching someone you love change like that. I hope things change soon.

Celexa (Citalopram)    40mg  - 60mg - 40mg for 7 years          Tapered (over 3 months) drug-free Aug–Nov 2013 CRASH

40mg    Dec 2013 – Jan 2017 (7 weeks reinstatement hell then relief)

2017:    20mg    30 Jan       18mg   19 April          16mg   6 May          14mg   20 May      12mg  10 Jun

10mg   7 July          9mg    7 Aug               8mg     16 Oct          7.5mg  27 Nov         

2018:    7mg      8 Jan          6.5mg  12 Feb          6mg  17 Mar            5.2mg  14 Apr      5mg  28 Apr

4.8mg  4 Jun           4.6mg   23 Jun         4.4mg   24 Jul          4.2mg 13 Aug      4mg  20 Aug

3.8mg  1 Sep           3.6mg  28 Sep          3.4mg  14 Oct          3.2mg  11 Nov     3mg  5 Dec

5mg    26 Dec          10mg  28 Dec

Added Valdoxan 25mg   12 Dec 2018      stopped 24 Jan 2019

Wellbutrin 150mg     25 Jan

Thank you BOTH. This is ever so helpful. 

PapayaShake - I wish I knew if he has even had a FLICKER of feeling bonded, attached, or even in love with me in the last two years. If he has he has kept it to himself. I have read from others that their feelings will surface then slide away again, and when they are inaccessible it is hard to believe the feelings were ever there. Incredible. A few months ago he reminded me he was going to file for divorce soon, once the two year mark of him moving out came and I could no longer contest it. Then nothing was said for weeks, during which time he seemed more THERE. Then that window closed, a wave started, and he handed me documents he'd drafted with a lawyer to review. I tore them up and threw them away, will not look at them until I am required to by law. But what struck me was how during those three week of wellness he wasn't motivated to bring up divorce again. He had to be in a wave to do it. Still, it was traumatic. I brought the mail in today and nearly had a stroke when I noticed a large envelope. I dreaded seeing whether or not it was from his attorney. It wasn't. 

And TikiTiki - yes, your post helps SO, so much. I believe he lived in a very similar place to where you wound up for a number of years, most of our marriage, actually. You articulated so well that life with a pillow between you and yourself, your feelings, your heart. We have been together 17 years, married 12 . . . but has been steadily medicated about 10 years now and I can see how they just decimated his humanity little by little . . . then utterly with that major dosage increase. We had so many conversations where I couldn't grasp why he couldn't grasp the severity of our situation - how he needed to consider the impact of his health on others, namely ME. How his apathy and inability to follow through on anything, be it self care or affection towards me, was going to ruin us, our lives. But I hung in there, always blaming the DEPRESSION, never understanding it was the DRUGS. The more drugs he was on the more depressed he became. I knew he had a hard time connecting, and described it as his "boyfriend parts" had been weakened, but I never understood that he DIDN'T CARE that he didn't care. Every story helps illuminate the horror. I am so glad your marriage did not succumb. And no, he did not choose me in an AD go, though I think it's a miracle we happened at all now that I know their impact, for he was off and on them already for years by the time we met. I love that you can appreciate all your husband withstood . . . I tell the people who love me, who are TERRIFIED by my faith towards him, that this is simply love's response. There is no other path for me, my heart is bound. But lord do I SUFFER. I see him every day but it is not HIM, and it takes a LOT of work to remind my heart of that every day, even if my brain understands it completely. 

Did either of you somehow justify your perception by blaming your partner for things? His filter is so unloving. It's like we never existed. It's hell. It's like talking about your kids with someone who not only has never had children, but never wants children and doesn't even LIKE children. WE have become a foreign language. And WE were wonderful for so long. I am holding that truth steady within me as he heals. 

There have been moments the last 1.5 years as he as made these drastic reductions where his PERSON has revealed itself, and I cling to those windows. But he has tapered far to quickly and the WD is calling the shots still. He became very hostile on the 20 mg. Lexapro, manic really, and that has backed off a LOT, but he's still just so disconnected from ME . . . he's more sane, but still broken. I know the way he loves me, and I know how precious a love like ours is. Please pray for us. Thank you again!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Mermaid

Sorry for the late reply, I didn’t notice your reply, maybe you can use tags so the system can send a notification.

You say you wish you knew if he has even had a Flicker of feeling bonded. I definitely can’t know if he has. But if you are looking for a relatable experience I Have had them. they last very little. Sometimes they are little flashes that last only minutes this are the tiny ‘’signs’’ that keep me going, they remind me what I’m fighting for in my relationship. If you see that sometimes he smiles of feels warmer, he probably has too. The thing is that when you are in this WD mental states you really forget about whatever might have been before. For example, I have felt love for my girlfriend, in the precise moment I feel like I could die for her, filled with love and warmth, but as soon as it fades I totally forget about how that felt. And question myself if I even felt that. Most of the time those feelings are not even that intense.

I think one of the issues with ADs is that they block you from recalling your inner emotions, so you can’t even remember how your love felt, your first kiss, your first dates, it’s like it never happened emotionally, there is no feeling memory which is why some say things like `ì have never loved you’’. So even that little glimpse of love is hard to remember the next minute and you go back to feeling empty. So, its easy to deny those little glimpses even to oneself, he has probably had them, but it’s hard to even recall you had them so you sort of have no memory of having them, only if you are having one at the moment.

I felt for my girlfriend last night while we were in the movies, for a couple of minutes, and today I’m asking myself if that was real or just my imagination.

I’m so sad to hear about him bringing up again the divorce. Has he ever acknowledged this is the pills effect? The only thing that has kept me with my girlfriend is decision making. This days have been especially hard. Sometimes I feel like I should finally leave her because just her presence is annoying. She wants to be loving and kind, she wants kisses and to be near me, and I can’t stand her touch. I have been able to recognize this is all drug induced, and that’s why I’m trying so hard, fake it until you make it like they say. but if someone it’s not aware or does not accepts it’s the drugs, it’s easy for them to believe they don’t love you and want to go away and do things like filing for divorce.

Regarding the blaming question… In my mind, it is always everyone’s fault, and I also have to be aware that these pills distort my judgement. Everything is covered by negativisms and criticism. I Try not to act on this and don’t be always blaming, sometimes it comes out and I apologize. On the outside, I Try to act normal but inside I just see the world and every person in it flawed. Then when I’m in a window the world seems a better place and people worthy and thind tolerable and I can't see why was I so annoyed . This thing has sucked my empathy away literally. I also feel like I hate kids and don’t ever want to have them, my girlfriend brings up the topic and I hope I can be healed by the time we actually have them, I used to want a family and think how I was going to name my kids, now I can't stand the thought 

It’s really hard to keep up with relationships and self-image in this state, all you say about your husband looks a lot like what I’m going through and it is drug induced. I really hope your husband can heal soon and can feel for you again, I can’t see the day when I get my feelings back. In the meantime, if you need to ask anything feel free to message me

Edited by ChessieCat
reduced font size
  • Started Taking Cymbalta on Dec 31 2015. Went from 30 mg, up to 120 mg until Oct 2016
  • Oct 2016:  fast tapered per doctor's instructions,  in just 2 weeks went from 120 to 90 to 60 mg 
  • CT from 60 mg to 0 and then reinstated after 3 days, then found the 10% method.
  • Tapering since October 2016, lowering by 10% of dose reductions (of original dose which was too fast)
  • Jan 2018: started reducing 2 pellets per month (took more than a month if needed)
  • Forever Free!!!

Hi PapayaShake - and thank you! I'm not sure I know how to tag, if that's different from quoting you. So I quoted you . . . thank you for your response. It gives me hope. I know you cannot say for certain that my husband is regaining some attachment to me, but I have to say he has definitely shown signs of it, and your response is quite validating. I plan, at some point, to have him read this thread. Right now I don't think he's ready, though. He has absolutely had this mindset that other people are the problem. He's even shown this strange paranoia lately that the parents of our children's friends don't like him. I've never had a single problem getting to know any of them. But in a way this is progress - for him to even CARE about someone's opinion of him is progress. 

How are you able to know it's the drugs? Did you catch it early enough? Did your loss of attachment and love towards your girlfriend manifest upon a dosage increase, or too rapid a decrease? Your self awareness is a godsend. It's when the drugged person has no personal insight to his or her behavioral changes/emotional changes that the relationships are more doomed. Please stay hopeful. Have you found her emotions to be overwhelming, unwarranted, or inappropriate? Does she seem at times to be overemotional to you? Please keep fighting for your relationship. To be on the other end of this is hell. Pure hell. It's like he's dead, but not. I grieve but have hope. It's awful. But I know I love him in the purest, most incredible way. And I'd do this all over again for the chance to have him back. 

Please keep me posted on your RECOVERY. You ARE recovering. God bless. 

Edited by ChessieCat
deleted quote

On 12/28/2018 at 10:55 AM, PapayaShake said:

Hello Mermaid

Sorry for the late reply, I didn’t notice your reply, maybe you can use tags so the system can send a notification.

You say you wish you knew if he has even had a Flicker of feeling bonded. I definitely can’t know if he has. But if you are looking for a relatable experience I Have had them. they last very little. Sometimes they are little flashes that last only minutes this are the tiny ‘’signs’’ that keep me going, they remind me what I’m fighting for in my relationship. If you see that sometimes he smiles of feels warmer, he probably has too. The thing is that when you are in this WD mental states you really forget about whatever might have been before. For example, I have felt love for my girlfriend, in the precise moment I feel like I could die for her, filled with love and warmth, but as soon as it fades I totally forget about how that felt. And question myself if I even felt that. Most of the time those feelings are not even that intense.

I think one of the issues with ADs is that they block you from recalling your inner emotions, so you can’t even remember how your love felt, your first kiss, your first dates, it’s like it never happened emotionally, there is no feeling memory which is why some say things like `ì have never loved you’’. So even that little glimpse of love is hard to remember the next minute and you go back to feeling empty. So, its easy to deny those little glimpses even to oneself, he has probably had them, but it’s hard to even recall you had them so you sort of have no memory of having them, only if you are having one at the moment.

I felt for my girlfriend last night while we were in the movies, for a couple of minutes, and today I’m asking myself if that was real or just my imagination.

I’m so sad to hear about him bringing up again the divorce. Has he ever acknowledged this is the pills effect? The only thing that has kept me with my girlfriend is decision making. This days have been especially hard. Sometimes I feel like I should finally leave her because just her presence is annoying. She wants to be loving and kind, she wants kisses and to be near me, and I can’t stand her touch. I have been able to recognize this is all drug induced, and that’s why I’m trying so hard, fake it until you make it like they say. but if someone it’s not aware or does not accepts it’s the drugs, it’s easy for them to believe they don’t love you and want to go away and do things like filing for divorce.

Regarding the blaming question… In my mind, it is always everyone’s fault, and I also have to be aware that these pills distort my judgement. Everything is covered by negativisms and criticism. I Try not to act on this and don’t be always blaming, sometimes it comes out and I apologize. On the outside, I Try to act normal but inside I just see the world and every person in it flawed. Then when I’m in a window the world seems a better place and people worthy and thind tolerable and I can't see why was I so annoyed . This thing has sucked my empathy away literally. I also feel like I hate kids and don’t ever want to have them, my girlfriend brings up the topic and I hope I can be healed by the time we actually have them, I used to want a family and think how I was going to name my kids, now I can't stand the thought 

It’s really hard to keep up with relationships and self-image in this state, all you say about your husband looks a lot like what I’m going through and it is drug induced. I really hope your husband can heal soon and can feel for you again, I can’t see the day when I get my feelings back. In the meantime, if you need to ask anything feel free to message me

PappyShake thank you so much for this.

I can not tell you how much your post reminds me of an exact replica of my ex, and how I could watch him lose awareness of his feelings for me.  And watch his personality change right in front of me.  He was almost fighting his own brain on and off for about 3 weeks, because he would have connection with me and then it would disappear.  And when his increased dosage took full control, he removed me from his life.

But it is so validating reading what you posted because I watched this happen.  He does not believe it is the drugs and we currently do not have contact.  I know for many, it takes tapering and that actual "wake up" experience where the feelings come back significantly before they make connection between their feelings and the meds.  But the last time I spoke to him, like 4 months ago, he had not tapered and wasnt going to.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience.  It makes a HUGE difference to those of us who are still struggling with understanding.  I hope you continue to find healing through this, and perhaps your girlfriend can learn some things too about how your struggle is not necessarily about your true feelings but about the withdrawal and its impact day to day.  

There is light at the end of this because the brain DOES heal.

Psychiatric drug-induced Chronic Brain Impairment (CBI): Implications for long-term treatment with psychiatric medication
          May 2018
  Boyfriend left me without warning after double-dosage increase in Lexapro (also taking Ambien). He was not planning it - made the decision in 5 minutes. 
          Jul 2018    Discovered truth about Antidepressant impact to relationships. Docs did not warn boyfriend or any family of these dangers.  I do not trust my meds.  Decided to stop my prescription meds. 
                             Tapered slower than docs instructed. Was not on ADs, but did NOT know that my migraine med was a psychiatric med - and I tapered too fast.

Sep 2018   Experienced "wake-up" - recognized it as something AD users experience when stopping meds.  Started experiencing withdrawal symptoms.  Reinstated low dose.  

Sep 2013  |  Topiramate 50 mg   Jun 2014  |  Phentermine 37.5 mg

Jul 2018   |  Topiramate 50 mg    |  Phentermine 19.0 mg

Aug 2018  |  Topiramate 25 mg   |  Phentermine 19.0 mg

Sept 2018 |  Topiramate   0 mg   |  Phentermine   0.0 mg

Sept 2018 |  Topiramate 25 mg   |  Phentermine 19.0 mg

Jan  2018 |  Topiramate 22 mg    |  Phentermine 37.5 mg                        Supplements: Omega 3, Magnesium L-Threonate, Probiotic

Hi @Mermaid17

You can use tags by writing the symbol @  followed by the username.

Getting paranoid is a big issue for me. Currently I’m in some kind of OCD fashion in which I get obsessed about stuff that didn’t really bothered me before. I’m not saying these things might not have some hint of reality but it seems like the mind in his state makes a big deal out of things that we would have otherwise just let go, or not given much tough al least.  

I Found out the pills were making changes in me at first because my libido and sexual functioning stopped working. That was the first thing I noticed and I told my PA, who never mentioned this could be a side effect before. Then she told me this was a side effect. I googled and found out that not only this was a side effect of ADs but also the loss of romantic feelings. My love feelings were already losing intensity but I still felt for her. Maybe if it wasn’t for this little research I wouldn’t have noticed the loss of feelings until much later. I Noticed that I had small waves of not feeling for her. It’s like what I go through now but backwards. I mostly felt for her but there were bizarre moments where I felt like I didn’t love her any more that lasted hours or minutes. I did a really fast tapper within a matter of weeks from 120 mg to 30mg per doctors advise. It was after the 30 mg mark that I felt a sudden change. I really couldn’t feel anymore. In my case it seems that the more I tapper the less I feel. I’ve had relatively more windows (very short lived) as I get closer to 0 (compared to 2 years ago where was numb practically the whole year). But also during these last waves I have felt more detached than ever before.

I Think I know it’s the drugs mainly because this is not the only area of my life in which I have changed.  I have lost love for everything and for everyone, for my family, for my hobbies, for friends.  My life has radically changed. I used to go to church, I would volunteer in children summer camps, some of them who were orphans, to teach and share about God. My love for God has gone too as if he was a person too that I don’t love anymore. I don’t feel empathy for kids anymore, or for anyone.

I am afraid of myself, I have turned into some kind of monster. I keep praying to God and trying to read a bit of the bible at least, but also based on just reason. I mention this because this was my most important relationship and it is now shattered as are all the others. This all happened in just a matter of months. This is not who I have been I can’t recognize myself and I struggle to stick to my values because I don’t really have any internal motivation.

Also I don't feel any sort of romantic feelings by watching romantic movies or by imagining being loved by someone else. Nothing moves me to love. Even sex scenes in movies wont turn me on🙈

Yes, her presence is utterly annoying sometimes, and this comes and goes in waves too. I Never tell her this because I don’t see the point in hurting her since this is drug induced. She sometimes tells me she loves me and instead of finding this as a kind gesture as a normal person would, it as if she had just said an insult and I have to contain myself form being rude to because I Will probably regret it later. I compare my feeling towards her a towards all I used to love and all of them are missing.

Your words have been very encouraging to me today. I’m so confused that I don’t know if it would be best for me to leave and let her find someone who can actually love her. I feel this is so unfair to her. I want to believe I am recovering and that I will be better for her, but this has left me so messed up.

I will keep you updated. Right now, I’m in an awful wave. But I hope some windows will come, so I will post when that happens. You can message me anytime you want, I’ll be glad to help if there’s anything I can do.

• Forever Free!!!

@PapayaShake thank You so much for explaining what you're going through. I find what you're saying very relatable. This sounds just like what I'm going through. im Sorry to hear you're in such a bad wave and i hope you get some relief soon. 

My partner and I have been discussing some big life changes (house, baby, marriage) and I feel so lost at the moment. Part of me knows my bad thinking is just w/d, as my brain is foggy and my anxiety is still there. So long as I'm having those symptoms, I cannot let myself go down the rabbit hole of overthinking and worry. I'll Save it for when I'm not anxious, (or when im so anxious I can't control the thoughts). 

This has to be the worst part of this whole thing for me, questioning my true feelings. I used to know for certain that these thoughts were only anxiety, but I'm not so sure anymore. I am currently looking for a new counsellor and hopefully can start seeing one in a few weeks time. 

I'm glad this thread is here, as it makes me realize my thoughts and lack of feeling could be caused from w/d after all, and that gives me hope. 

-jan14 2016- off effexor!!-

wellbutrin:Jan 25/17;Start to split 100mg in half

-Feb 12/17;100-50mg -Apr 30/17;50-30mg liquid. -June 6/ 17;30-20mg -July6/17;updose to 26mg -Oct 18/17;13 to 12mg -Nov 24/17;12 to 11mg -Feb 21/18;22 to 20mg -Apr 2/18;20 to 18mg -Apr 30/18;18 to 16mg -May 22/18;16 to 14mg -June 18/18;14 to 12.4mg -July 15 /18;12.4 to 11.6mg -Nov5/18;11.2 to 10mg -Dec14/18;10 to 10.4mg

Hi wake me up and Jen👋

@WakeMeUp

I'm really glad this is of some help to you. I can 100% say I have changed after the pills, I have also done things that I regret and would have never done if it wasn't for the effects this pills have had on me. I changed the most when I started reducing the dose, but I also changed while on the meds.

In most of the cases I have read, the people taking the ADs won't acknowledge or even realize it's the meds that are causing the personality change.

I know it must be really hard to understand, not even I can find the words to explain what it is to be like this and I get frustrated, and I know I have hurt people in the process. I usually push people away for reasons that are out of my control and it is awful, these drugs cause horrible effects on people's minds. I hope you can find peace after all you have been through and also thank you for your kind words.

@jen84

I totally get you about the big life changes. My girlfriend would talk so much about starting a family and I just couldn't wrap my mind around that. I even went on and told her I didn't want to have kids ever, when I wished for a family so bad before the pills, I regretted this so much, I also feel lost, my mind isn't working properly and I have to deal with lots of symptoms, I feel like I won’t be good for taking care of a family, all I want to do all the time is just rest. I question my true feelings all the time all that I ever was, was kind of wiped out from my soul.

Keep up the hope, I'm far from healing but I have seen success stories from people who recover from anhedonia and the emotional numbness, I think Aeroman is one of those, his story is in the success stories thread. I Have seen quite a few stories there where people stopped feeling for their partner for a period of time and they regained their feelings and are doing ok

Thank you both for the good wishes, this situation is really horrible, but and again if there is something I can do for you or for anyone reading this thread by at least answering questions I`ll be glad to do so.

As a quick update…

I’m feeling a little better for quite some time... 17 hours, which is more than any window/glimpse of feelings I’ve had in months. I even cuddled with my girlfriend and actually enjoyed it. When I feel good it is usually in the night and then when I wake up it sort of restarts back to negativity, but last night the feelings did not restart… And I have been feeling for her since last night. this windows and waves of feelings are crazy…

Edited by ChessieCat
reduced font
  • Forever Free!!!

• 4 months later...
On 12/3/2015 at 8:41 PM, apace41 said:

This includes the body's own ability to make serotonin that is required to feel "balanced" and "happy". And you guessed it. This is not being made very efficiently in a building that is under major construction. So - you may get a day or so of feeling good - and then - boom - that's gone until you can make enough serotonin.
Oh - and by the way - serotonin HELPS TELL THE NERVES WHEN TO RELEASE GABA AND GLUTAMATE! Ha! 
So on top of needing GABA to make serotonin, you need serotonin to regulate the release of GABA into the system!  

Thank you for this post. 

Can anyone give more information on the neurophysiological action of Serotonin and Norepinephrine and how it ties up with GABA and glutamate, in  similar detail as above.

I take a SSRI and SNRI, not benzo, and I am more interested in how serotonin and norepinephrine play their roles in the body. And how they will tie up with other chemicals in the body.

2012- Citalopram 40- Axal 0.5mg  2017- Stopped Axal CT. No WD.

2017 - Effexor XR 75 mg.

For Epilepsy:1983 - Tegral 400 mg/day  2009 - Lumark 1000 mg/day- Biotim eyedrops for glaucoma.

27 April 2019 - Effexor XR taper started. 40 beads removed - 16% - 63mg20 May - 10% - 20 beads. 57mg / 3 June - 10% - 20 beads - 51mg / 18 July - 6% -10 beads - 48mg / 20 July - 7% -10 beads- 44.5mg/ 1 Sept - 75 mg alternate days = 37.5 mg/ 14 Sept - 75 mg every 3rd day = 25mg/  22 Sept - Effexor XR stopped.

27 Oct - Tegral = 300mg. Citalopram = 30 mg. Lumark = 500mg Busron = 10 mg. Somna = 2.5 mg

1-Jan 2020 Tegral 200mg BD- Citalopram 20mg OD- Lumark 500BD

25 Apr 2020 Tegral 200 mg BD- Citalopram alternate days 20 mg and 10 mg OD - Lumark 500BD

May June 2020 Dropped to 10 mg citalopram due to drug shortages.

Early July 2020: CT'ed citalopram - nonavailability of medicine. Tegral + Lumark remains same as before.

• 5 months later...

You're on the way to full recovery- in the meantime, what symptoms are already gone? 

3/21/19 started Bupropion XL 150 mg

3/21/19 started Risperidone 2mg

7/7/19 start Abilify half dose 5 mg. discontinue Risperidone

7/9/19 full dose Abilify 10 mg

7/29/19 discontinued Abilify due to panicky side effects

8/2/19 Began Latuda 20 mg

8/5/19 discontinued Latuda due to similar side effects 

8/10/19 discontinued Bupropion after realizing it was causing the insomnia

From 8/10/19 no drugs whatsoever

Currently taking vitamin C, D, E, a probiotic and fish oil. 
Message me here if you want: 
https://www.facebook.com/morra.lal.3/  I've been getting a lot of fake friend requests, so please send a message before friend requesting me, thank you!

Full blown akathisia and panic and agoraphobia.  Hmmm I think that is all but probably the worst of it.  Although any time I hit a wave it usually feels just as bad "in other ways".  

Lexapro 5mg titrated to 10mg 2016

CT Lexapro October 2018

No symptoms of WD / used cannibis daily

April 2019 Lexapro 5mg 3 days mild serotonin syndrome was told I had the flu and to stop lexapro and restart 2.5 when "flu" got better. Took 3 weeks!

May 2019 took 2.5mg Lexapro and woke up 2 hrs later in akathesia terror restless body paranoia manic horrible suicidal. Hospitalized on a 302. Given 10mg celexa and did okay until day 5 akathesia returned.  Ended up in ER dx drug withdrawal given 1mg ativan and released.  

June 2019 Mirtazipine 7.5 one dose 

June 2019 Pristiq 1 dose landed me in er and i was 302 inpatient put on lithium 150 2x daily and zyprexa 2.5 plus klonipin which refused to take.

July 2019 Hospitalized 302 given zoloft 25mg 3 days 50mg for 4 weeks. And ativan .5 only 1x at night took sporatically horrid side effects and akathesia... Fast taper down to 25 for one week 12.5 for one week then stopped.  

November 11 started 2.5 olanz and 5mg prozac. Took 2.5 for 5 days then reduced to 1.25 for about 2 months. February went down to .66 for two weeks and felt ok then down to .33 for a few weeks and anxiety got really bad so went back to .66 and been there since. Still at 5mg prozac

15 hours ago, Armorall said:

You're on the way to full recovery- in the meantime, what symptoms are already gone? 

Panic attacks gone and maybe 70% less anxiety then 2 weeks ago. Gasping for air in the night almost gone only few episodes per week but now i have kind of insomnia. Yesterday i slept good and today only 3 hours. But i have sleeping problems already from my first cut. They come and go...

AD: Seroxat since 2005 20 mg and tapering from March 2018 10% every 4 weeks.

15-11-2019 down to 5.5 mg 

28-12-2019 crashed really bad on 5.5mg 

01-01-2020 updose to 7mg

16-01-2020 Updose to 9 mg

Benzos: Bromazepam 1.5 mg daily since 2015

Quit CT Bromazepam 16-01-2020 No withdrawals 

Occasionally 1.5 mg extra

Last extra 1.5 mg 12-01-2020

• 2 weeks later...

Hyperacusis  ( severe sound sensitivity) appears to be in remission. I’m still tapering but fingers crossed. 

1999:  Paroxetine (20mg). Age 16. 2007-2008: Fluoxetine (Prozac) for 1.5 years (age 25) Citalopram 20mg 2002-2005, 2009: Escitalopram (20mg), 2 weeks, (age 26) (adverse  reaction)/*Valium 5mg/Temazepam 10mg 2010: Mirtazipine (Remeron)( do not remember dosage) 2010, 5 months.                     2010-2017: Citalopram (20mg) (age 27 to 34) 2016: i.1st Sept- 31st Oct Citalopram 10mg , ii.1st November 2017-30th November 2017, Citalopram 5mg iii.1st December 2017- 4th February 2018, Citalopram 0mg, iv.5th February 2018- March 2018 Citalopram 5mg (10mg every other day) 28th February- tried titration of 5mg ( some adverse effects)

2018: 1st March 2018- 1st June Citalopram 10 mg (tablet form) /started titration 8mg , then 7 mg.2018: June 15th- 10th July Citalopram 10 mg pill every other day 2018: 10th July - 13th Sept Citalopram- 0mg  (CBD oil first month of 0mg, passiflora on and off) 2018 13th Sept Citalopram  2mg ,  approx 16th Sept 4mg , approx 25th Sept 6mg held.  2019: 11 Feb 19: 7mg (instant bad rxn) 12 Feb 19 6mg held 1 May 19 5.4mg held 5 Oct 19 5.36mg 22 Oct 19 5.29mg 30 Oct 19 5.23mg 4/NOV/19 5.18mg 12 Nov 19 5.08mg 20 Nov 19 4.77mg 7 May 22 2.31mg 17/09/2023 0.8mg

(Herbal/Supplements since 1st September: Omega Fish Oil 1200mg, 663mg of EPA- 2 tablets a day, magnesium and magnesium bath salts)

I did not die, and yet I lost life’s breath
- Dante

For me nausea is more rare and akathisia is practically gone. Sleep is better, DR like symptoms are mostly gone. Still have emotional spirals, cortisol mornings and paresthesias. Have gotten mostly used to the latter. Dizziness and anhedonia are still there. I have been holding for a long time though and don't plan on cutting any time soon from the last 1.35 mg of citalopram. 

Note that symptoms do ramp up during waves and PMS is still severe. 

"Nothing so small as a moment is insurmountable, and moments are all that we have. You have survived every trial and tribulation that life has thrown at you up until this very instant. When future troubles come—and they will come—a version of you will be born into that moment that can conquer them, too." - Kevin Koenig 

I am not a doctor and this should not be considered medical advice. You can use the information and recommendations provided in whatever way you want and all decisions on your treatment are yours. 

In the next few weeks I do not have a lot of capacity to respond to questions. If you need a quick answer pls tag or ask other moderators who may want to be tagged. 

Aug  2000 - July 2003 (ct, 4-6 wk wd) , citalopram 20 mg,  xanax prn, wellbutrin for a few months, trazodone prn 

Dec 2004 - July 2018 citalopram 20 mg, xanax prn (rarely used)

Aug 2018 - citalopram 40 mg (self titrated up)

September 2018 - January 2019 tapered citalopram - 40/30/20/10/5 no issues until a week after reaching 0

Feb 2019 0.25 xanax - 0.5/day (3 weeks) over to klonopin 0.25 once a day to manage severe wd

March 6, reinstated citalopram 2.5 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 mg for sleep 2-3 times a week

Apr 1st citalopram 2.0 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 once a week (off by 4/14/19- no tapering)

citalopram (liquid) 4/14/19 -1.8 mg, 5/8/19 - 1.6 mg,  7/27/19 -1.5 mg,  8/15/19 - 1.35, 2/21/21 - 1.1 (smaller drops in between), 6/20/21 - 1.03 mg, 8/7/21- 1.025, 8/11/21 - 1.02, 8/15/21 - 1.015, 9/3/21 - 0.925 (fingers crossed!), 10/8/21 - 0.9, 10/18/21 - 0.875, 12/31/21 - 0.85, 1/7/22 - 0.825, 1/14/22 - 0.8, 1/22/22 - 0.785, 8/18/22 - 0.59, 12/15/2022 - 0.48, 2/15/22 - 0.43, 25/07/23 - 0.25 (mistake), 6/08/23 - 0.33mg

Supplements: magnesium citrate and bi-glycinate

Panic attacks and intense fear are both resolved. I’m still dealing with feeling anxious for no reason and digestive issues 

Adepsique: January 2016 - July 2016 (took half a pill in the mornings for 6 months) the dosage was 5 mg of amitriptyline, 1.5 mg of diazepam, and 1 mg of perphenazine 

Escitalopram: 10 mg: July 2016 - April 2018

Olanzapine 2.5mg: July 2016 - October 2017

Massive brain fog has vanished after such a long time, it's amazing to have a normal sharp view 😏

Medical history:
11/2015 - Duloxetin 30mg, 12/2015 - Duloxetin 60mg, 4/2016 - CT
8/2016 - Duloxetin 60mg, 2/2017 - Duloxetin 30mg, 4/2017 - CT
7/2017 - Duloxetin 60mg, 9/2017 - Duloxetin 30mg, 11/2017 - CT
3.5.2018 - Milnacipran 25mg, 10.5.2018 - Milnacipran 50mg, 20.5.2018 - Milnacipran 25mg, 24.5.2018 - CT and protracted WD

Supplements: none

Ear flushing is very rare now.  Every once in a while I have trouble falling asleep but the insomnia is pretty much gone.  All of my symptoms have improved a lot.  

1993-2000: Zoloft few months CT, Prozac 1-2 yrs, Ritalin PRN

2002/2003: Wellbutrin,  Paxil 25mg FT, and Xanax PRN CT (all 3 to 6 months), Adderal 40mg, Strattera 40mg

2003- 2016: Effexor XR 75 mg to 150 mg., Strattera (2002-2008)

2017: Effexor XR 225 mg. Gabapentin 300 mg. Elavil 25 mg.

2018: (Sept.) Effexor XR 187.5 mg, Zoloft 10 mg. (OCT.) FT off Gabapentin (NOV.) FT off Elavil (DEC) FT Effexor to 150 mg.

2019: (JAN.) D/C Zoloft, added Viibryd 10mg (FEB) CT Viibryd, (MAR) Prozac bridge, Effexor xr 112.5mg, (Sept.) Effexor XR 112.5 mg + 0.4 mg (1 bead), (Oct.) Effexor XR 112.5mg, (Dec.28) start 10% taper Effexor XR 101.25 mg, 

2020: (Jan. 25) Effexor XR 91 mg., (Feb. 22) Effexor xr 82 mg., (Mar. 21) 75 mg. 

Supplements:  Vitamin D 5000 IU topical, Probiotic 6 billion CFU, Epsom salt bath 1C 2 to 3 X week, California Poppy 2 droppers, various essential oils 

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/21446-superwoman-effexor-taper/page/8/?tab=comments#comment-475779

• Altostrata changed the title to Progress! What withdrawal symptoms have gone away for you?
  • Administrator

merged similar topics

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Anyone with higher blood pressure? Mine was good like 110-70 and few days after last cut of Seroxat he is now 130-90 I am scared :(

AD: Seroxat since 2005 20 mg and tapering from March 2018 10% every 4 weeks.

15-11-2019 down to 5.5 mg 

28-12-2019 crashed really bad on 5.5mg 

01-01-2020 updose to 7mg

16-01-2020 Updose to 9 mg

Benzos: Bromazepam 1.5 mg daily since 2015

Quit CT Bromazepam 16-01-2020 No withdrawals 

Occasionally 1.5 mg extra

Last extra 1.5 mg 12-01-2020

• 4 weeks later...

Symptoms that I’ve experienced that have not returned in December- burning skin, teeth pain, infrequent bowel movements (now regular) sweating and cold hands and feet and cold nose when I sleep, joint pain, rigid muscles. 

3/21/19 started Bupropion XL 150 mg

3/21/19 started Risperidone 2mg

7/7/19 start Abilify half dose 5 mg. discontinue Risperidone

7/9/19 full dose Abilify 10 mg

7/29/19 discontinued Abilify due to panicky side effects

8/2/19 Began Latuda 20 mg

8/5/19 discontinued Latuda due to similar side effects 

8/10/19 discontinued Bupropion after realizing it was causing the insomnia

From 8/10/19 no drugs whatsoever

Currently taking vitamin C, D, E, a probiotic and fish oil. 
Message me here if you want: 
https://www.facebook.com/morra.lal.3/  I've been getting a lot of fake friend requests, so please send a message before friend requesting me, thank you!

On 11/21/2019 at 11:25 AM, pinciukas said:

Anyone with higher blood pressure? Mine was good like 110-70 and few days after last cut of Seroxat he is now 130-90 I am scared :(

No, but I wouldn’t be surprised if withdrawal can effect blood pressure because some antidepressants effect blood pressure.  Stress can also cause high blood pressure and withdrawal is stressful on the mind and the body. 

I wouldn’t worry to much though.  Your body is just trying to sort things out and get back in balance.  So things might fluctuate as your body tries to find homeostasis.  

Your blood pressure is not nearly high enough to put you in any danger. 

2002/2003: Wellbutrin,  Paxil 25mg FT, and Xanax PRN CT (all 3 to 6 months), Adderal 40mg, Strattera 40mg

2018: (Sept.) Effexor XR 187.5 mg, Zoloft 10 mg. (OCT.) FT off Gabapentin (NOV.) FT off Elavil (DEC) FT Effexor to 150 mg.

2019: (JAN.) D/C Zoloft, added Viibryd 10mg (FEB) CT Viibryd, (MAR) Prozac bridge, Effexor xr 112.5mg, (Sept.) Effexor XR 112.5 mg + 0.4 mg (1 bead), (Oct.) Effexor XR 112.5mg, (Dec.28) start 10% taper Effexor XR 101.25 mg, 

2020: (Jan. 25) Effexor XR 91 mg., (Feb. 22) Effexor xr 82 mg., (Mar. 21) 75 mg. 

Supplements:  Vitamin D 5000 IU topical, Probiotic 6 billion CFU, Epsom salt bath 1C 2 to 3 X week, California Poppy 2 droppers, various essential oils 

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/21446-superwoman-effexor-taper/page/8/?tab=comments#comment-475779

6 hours ago, Armorall said:

cold hands and feet and cold nose when I sleep,

Did you have these symptoms on the medication or just during withdrawal?  I had freezing cold hands, feet and nose on Effexor at the higher dose.  One night I touched my husbands back in bed. He about jumped to the ceiling!  I kid you not, he literally thought that I was playing a prank on him and had touched his back with an ice cold can of pop! Lol!  That’s how cold my hands were. 

It just occurred to me recently that my hands are rarely cold anymore since I tapered down my medication.  At least not like before.  It never occurred to me that this could be a side effect.  I wonder if antidepressants effect blood flow?

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy