ADropInTheOcean off after 9 years

ADropInTheOcean

• Moderator Emeritus

Its good that you are doing the split dose, I don't think this is causing the problem, apart from the fact that you have been tapering when you haven't yet recovered from your CT off Luvox 2 years ago.

I'm also in protracted withdrawal, waiting to recover, with no life, but recovering slowly. Sometimes it takes a long time, especially after long term use with a too fast taper or going CT.

Like you, I only had anxiety, but now have a bunch of withdrawal symptoms to deal with.

Please would you update your signature with your current K dose.

Hang in there, you are not alone, there are many of us here going through the same thing.

I've seen cases where members have been very bad for a long time, really suffering with no hope, then suddenly they will come back after a few weeks and there has been sudden, remarkable improvement and they are writing about all the things they have been doing.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

The depression is the worst...and im so impulsive...im punching walls crying...fighting over nothing...dont know if i can do this anymore...im not sure it is wd anymore...not even a single better day...this is more than major depression

Also my thyroid got a little messed up now...never had problems with the thyroid. I noticed after i have quit the ssri that it kinda went hypo...not alot...exceeded the reference range a little bit. All my life no problems with it until i had quit the ssri.Wondering if this is causing me to feel so bad but i really doubt it since its only a minor increase...im thinking that all the stress has affected it...the hpa axis. Damn i dont know since i quit the ssri im sick with all sort of diseases that i never had.

On various meds since 2004(Luvox, Paxil-5 years, Zoloft, Trazodone, etc) for anxiety.
CT Luvox 20th September 2013, started Klonopin 1mg (now on 0.25mg). Hellish depression, burning head, crying spells,extreme emotional rollercoaster, severe fibro-neuropathy like pains-never had any of this prior to meds. 31 months off and its worse and worse no life AT ALL.

Hey Drop,

So sorry you are still suffering like this after 2 years, but many people on the forum are in your "boat" at 2 years off and still experiencing symptoms. Year 3 is usually chock full of accelerated healing, so give yourself at least half of the third year to turn a significant corner if you can.

Love you, hang on, Pug

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Pug. Im 25 months off now...worst I've ever been...haven't left my house for ages.All I do is wake up and stay in bed I have all sorts of weird symptoms than I can't even explain...neuro and nervous system ones.but i got bigger problems than that. I keep thinking...I don't think my brain is gonna heal anymore...I don't know if it did some repair in the background or not, maybe it did, but im not feeling it at all. I don't know if everyone heals. I just cant keep going on like this anymore. Motivation comes from windows, from signs that you are recoverying...its hard to go on like this. Im fighting everday and all I get is feeling worse.

On various meds since 2004(Luvox, Paxil-5 years, Zoloft, Trazodone, etc) for anxiety.
CT Luvox 20th September 2013, started Klonopin 1mg (now on 0.25mg). Hellish depression, burning head, crying spells,extreme emotional rollercoaster, severe fibro-neuropathy like pains-never had any of this prior to meds. 31 months off and its worse and worse no life AT ALL.

Im burning alive in here bedridden and a powerful "flu" which of course its not a flu. Everything burns my head is exploding of pressure...insane rage..gi issues..so bad its been 5 weeks since i cant do more than go to the toilet and back in bed.

This is not normal at 25 months off

• Administrator

Has acupuncture helped at all?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I tried it for anxiety when I was on meds, didnt helped. I cant even go out to try it now but Im sure it would be the same. Can this happen at so much time off? Its getting worse and worse not better and to be honest In all those 25 months I never was hit so bad...it feels so fresh..like I've stopped the meds yesterday.

• Administrator

In my opinion, acupuncture is especially good for neuropathic-type pain. I think there are quite a few studies on this.

Osteopathic manual manipulation might be good, too, if you can find a practitioner.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Can what I described happen after so much time off? No windows at all

• 4 weeks later...

So sorry you are going through all this. You sound a lot like me and I'm only almost 8 months off. Are you tapering the Klonopin? I wonder if this might be akathisia. You can have it without the movement. Does it feel like your brain is going 900mph for no reason and making you insane? Or is the K helping with that? The rage is soooooo horrible I know!!!

Dec 2014 I tried Zoloft 25mg for one week (adverse reaction - extreme anxiety and felt like I was on an amphetamine). Dr. said to quit cold turkey, so I not only quit Zoloft but also 2 weeks of Xanax .25mg -- extreme dizziness, hyperarousal and anxiety began! On Jan. 29, 2015 my psychiatrist put me on new stuff and this is how my next 2 months and 7 days looked like (I was having the same bad reactions to all of these):Effexor XR 37.5mg (3 days) - throwing up, heart palpations, night tremors/convulsions or something where whole body shakes for a second, Prozac 10mg (15 days), Prozac 20mg (7 days) - internal restlessness, electric current through body/brain (not zaps), agitation, intense fear and could no longer nap at this point (still can't today because of this), Lexapro 5mg (4 days) - same as Prozac, a horror show...extreme internal agitation, Lexapro 7.5mg (2 days), Lexapro 10mg (16 days), Zoloft 12.5mg (3 days)...she said try it again since my blood relative does well on it, Zoloft 25mg (7 days) - same as before and getting worse!! Zoloft 50mg (6 days), Zoloft 25mg (4 days and then came off cold turkey on April 8, 2015). I used Xanax .25mg about 7 times per month through all of this until June 30, 2015 (my last benzo dose). Extreme anxiety, nervous system traumatized, mental akathisia, anger triggered by nothing but the brain totally going off on its own, feeling of a pressurized electric current going through me like my brain and body are trying to explode, stress reaction x10000 to everything, waking in terror lasting all day, fear, very sensitive, brain can't keep up, don't know what to do with myself, feeling like everything is going too fast and I can't keep up, helium head, deep depression like something is ripping out my soul, out of my mind, can hardly drive or be alone, cognitive issues, simple tasks are so complex and straining, feel disturbed because the brain can't process anything right even though your brain tries so hard and it makes you go mad, episodes of deep anguish with a sick toxic poison feeling (like you have some unknown virus).

• 2 weeks later...

So sorry you are going through all this. You sound a lot like me and I'm only almost 8 months off. Are you tapering the Klonopin? I wonder if this might be akathisia. You can have it without the movement. Does it feel like your brain is going 900mph for no reason and making you insane? Or is the K helping with that? The rage is soooooo horrible I know!!!

Hey. It is weird you still have those symptoms because you weren't on meds for too long. 

Yes I am tapering the Klonopin but very slow and from time to time as I am not in a good shape now and don't need any extra problems because I can barely handle the ones I already have and man when Klonopin wd hits its bad, depression straight out of hell. Haven't tapered in a few months now...these med is a beast.

I'm in the middle of a flu wave since a few moths ago with aches and sinus problems. Just stay med free...I was on them for many years and didn't fixed a thing...I became agoraphobic on them so imagine how much they help since when I started them I never had agoraphobia. I know panic attacks are pure terror but meds won't ever fix a thing like this...in the best case they will mask it just like alcohol does and when you stop then you have to deal with your problem + wd.

So its a big if even if they can mask the panic attacks...and even if so then after some time it won't work anymore believe me I have been there and then you start to switch them weekly/monthly and get messed up even worse.  They are pure poison and we don't even know what those meds do....since i stopped the ssri my thyroids went nuts, have allergies, aches, pain, burning...it destabilises all the body functions. But don't fall in the trap to blame all your anxiety and health problems on wd and adverse reactions or you'll end up fooling youself and waiting forever for a miracle that won't come.The only solution is learning coping mechanisms, it takes time and and the start you will feel its bullsh*t but in time its creating new thinking patterns...so thats the root cause/solution. And stay away from reading...too much negative stuff that gets in your subconscious. Im done with reading about others and researching...its not good...I just saw this notification in my email that your wrote me. I'll come back only to write a success story if that ever happens. Sorry for misspeliing im typing quick.Take care !

I had an adverse reaction (felt like the SSRIs were burning my nervous system 2 hours after each dose), so I think that's why I am so very bad off.  My head feels like it is full of helium every second of the day, dizzy, and every little thing shoots my nervous system to the stars.  Even someone hugging me makes me crawl sometimes and feel that I'm going insane as I am sure you feel the same way.   I didn't have anxiety or depression before the meds, just a couple big panic attacks.  I would take a panic attack any day again over this mess.  I can hardly leave the house and most definitely not alone as my head feels like someone rewired it and I'm permanently drunk. Everything your feeling right now is withdrawal and it is horrid, but has to get better.  I bet after you get off K completely you will start a stronger journey to healing.  How much longer do you have on the K? What symptoms did you have that led you know your thyroid is out of whack? So sorry you have the flu!!!!!  I'm praying you have some windows soon!

Dec 2014 I tried Zoloft 25mg for one week (adverse reaction - extreme anxiety and felt like I was on an amphetamine). Dr. said to quit cold turkey, so I not only quit Zoloft but also 2 weeks of Xanax .25mg -- extreme dizziness, hyperarousal and anxiety began! On Jan. 29, 2015 my psychiatrist put me on new stuff and this is how my next 2 months and 7 days looked like (I was having the same bad reactions to all of these):Effexor XR 37.5mg (3 days) - throwing up, heart palpations, night tremors/convulsions or something where whole body shakes for a second, Prozac 10mg (15 days), Prozac 20mg (7 days) - internal restlessness, electric current through body/brain (not zaps), agitation, intense fear and could no longer nap at this point (still can't today because of this), Lexapro 5mg (4 days) - same as Prozac, a horror show...extreme internal agitation, Lexapro 7.5mg (2 days), Lexapro 10mg (16 days), Zoloft 12.5mg (3 days)...she said try it again since my blood relative does well on it, Zoloft 25mg (7 days) - same as before and getting worse!! Zoloft 50mg (6 days), Zoloft 25mg (4 days and then came off cold turkey on April 8, 2015). I used Xanax .25mg about 7 times per month through all of this until June 30, 2015 (my last benzo dose). Extreme anxiety, nervous system traumatized, mental akathisia, anger triggered by nothing but the brain totally going off on its own, feeling of a pressurized electric current going through me like my brain and body are trying to explode, stress reaction x10000 to everything, waking in terror lasting all day, fear, very sensitive, brain can't keep up, don't know what to do with myself, feeling like everything is going too fast and I can't keep up, helium head, deep depression like something is ripping out my soul, out of my mind, can hardly drive or be alone, cognitive issues, simple tasks are so complex and straining, feel disturbed because the brain can't process anything right even though your brain tries so hard and it makes you go mad, episodes of deep anguish with a sick toxic poison feeling (like you have some unknown virus).

• 4 months later...

Haven't posted in a while. 31 months now since I quit. Nothing changed. Every joint, tendon and muscle hurts bad and the depression installs overnight and then goes away(not entirely, like 40%) in a few weeks.The rage and the GI issues are killing me...punching walls and crying... Ended up at ER because pain and depression, prescriebed ssris again but didnt took any. Strange fact is i never had any of those symptoms(except some anxiety) mentioned here and in my signature prior to taking ssris or on them. All started after quitting. Its been almost 3 years since i havent left my house, only for medical tests. I really believed in time i would heal thats why I tried to stay off them and sacrificed my social life, lost all my friends and connections..all that means life.

Im pretty sure i've hit a dead end street...cant do this anymore...sleep wake up barely surviving with all those symptoms, and repeat. For those who are still on and haven't started tapering...START NOW.

So sorry you are still doing bad. Are you still on Klonopin?

Yes. It doesn't help at all but Im not in the position where I can afford feeling bad from tapering that too...It is a pretty low dosage so guess I'll deal with it when times are better. How are you feeling ?

I'm not doing well at all. I was having some semi-Windows the past month but I just got hit harder than ever 4 days ago and getting worse now. I don't understand how Drs are so foolish in not understanding this. I feel like I am a walking live wire with electricity. Does the K help with your agitation at all?

Hello ADrop

I know exactly what you are going through, I am 35 months off and i still with WDs.  When I was tapering i was fine.....well i had some symptoms but nothing i couldnt cope with.....it was when I got off completely - things got worse and worse....and now 35 months off it is a nightmare

my symptoms are....Pins and needles in my face, head, lips, pressure in my head and across bridge of my nose, feeling of blocked ears although they are not blocked.  Light headedness, mild headaches.....visual disturbances like distorted vision and on and off blurriness, now developing depression, anxiety, panic.....wake up anxious and crying....severe night sweats....dont feel i have good balance when i walk.....and this is endless.....

Do you have any of these symptoms....I do everything....i go out do my shopping, appointments.....i will not let this get to me no matter how bad i feel.....i cry in the car...but when i get to destination no one knows there is anything wrong with me.  I do have isolated my self from all my friends because i cannot cope with any company nor going to visit.....

I never took anything but Zoloft.....and i take nothing now not even a vitamin...nothing.    Just dont give up hope....we mustnt give up hope.  Some have windows and waves, some have only waves, but at the end of the day both get better.....

Please keep posting....Oh I just now read your symptoms more or less like mine.  except I have visual disturbances which bothers me a great deal.

Stay strong....and I will too.....xxx

Love

Lee (f)

Zoloft started for 8 years - 150 mg capsules

Started tapering December 3, 2011,

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

While tapering WDS were tolerable

Off Zoloft debilitating WDS the worst starting around 6 months off

even worse after 18 months off

Now 35 months off - still in a terrible wave for months now.

• 4 months later...

How have you been doing? How far at you with the Klonopin taper?

• 1 year later...

Any news, ADropInTheOcean?

Zoloft 50 mg from April 23, 2015 to August 28th, 2016 (1 year, 4 months).

4 week taper. Last dose on August 28, 2016

Mianserin 30 mg in an attempt to reverse PSSD from September 6th, 2017–around mid November 2017 after a few week taper. Did not fix PSSD

Currently taking: Melatonin and magnesium every night.