xlmplmplmp: PSSD and Derealization

xlmplmplmp

I wish everyone well in their healing. I finished my taper! I am completely off Prozac as of one week ago. I know Prozac has a long half-life, so there may be some symptoms I will experience down the road, but I think I did pretty well in terms of tapering. It took me eight months and I am now working two jobs and saving up money for more school. I am cautiously optimistic about my future, though I believe I have the skills to deal with whatever comes my way.

I am curious, however, if there are any further things I should do to take care of myself. In a few months or so I may experience the delayed effects of the withdrawal, even though I tapered over a long period. I don't think I'll reinstate Prozac again, even if withdrawal becomes quite awful. I gave it my best shot, and I'll live with whatever happens.

Feb 7th, 2008 - Prozac at 60mg and Zoloft at 25mg (the end result of five or more years of tinkering trying in vain to reduce my OCD symptoms.) 

Jan 19th, 2010 - Prozac at 60mg and Zoloft at 125mg. By this time I started experiencing muted orgasm and tinnitus. Decided to taper down meds.

May 25th, 2010 - Prozac at 60mg and Zoloft at 37.5mg.

Feb 4th, 2011 - Lexapro at 10mg (after hospital visit during my first withdrawal period. I tapered too fast bit didn't know it at the time.)

Feb 24th, 2011 - Prozac at 40mg with 0.25mg Xanax as needed (Prozac sucks but Lexapro was worse. Lesser of two evils, I guess.) 

Apr 12th, 2012 - Prozac at 60mg and Zoloft at 25mg with Buspar 10mg as needed for sleep (Buspar's the kids' gloves version of Xanax.) 

Jul 18th, 2013 - Prozac still at 60mg (my main B) and no longer taking the Zoloft.)

Mar 5th, 2014 - After months of mounting doubt about the prospects of life-long medication, decided to taper Prozac. Unfortunately, I didn't understand the dangers of SSRI discontinuation syndrome so my taper was only over a period of two months. 

Dec 16th, 2014 - Back on a low dose (20mg) of Prozac to stabilize.

Nov 11th, 2015 - After a nearly year long taper, I took my final 1mg dose of Prozac on my birthday. Finally, I'm SSRI-free. It's a good feeling, though my troubles remain. 

I myself have pssd. I find myself constantly frantically searching g for answers, Cali going onto anything to keep my hope. I began to pray. A few days ago I lost it for the first time in my life, meaning I literally gave up. Ended up in a psych ward, I'll leave out the details, but I'm 27. And I feel like lately all I can do I cut myself off emotionally from this world to elleviate my pain, and prepare for the next part of my spiritual life. Understanding that I'll never forgive myself or accept myself in this state. Having had to watch my fiancé leave me, not too long ago, and go through the process, watching her give up on me, realizing I made her insecure a feeling I narrative because my sex drive is gone. anything would have been better than this. No one will understand the pain. Or the torture. Nothing seems real anymore. I find myself gaining some hope, then being disappointed, leading me further down this road where j fear I'll never return from . I lost it when my psych admitted that he believes it's all in my head. That I'm putting too much pressure on myself. I'm no longer associated with this world. I'm almost completely disconnected from it. I have yet to find anyone who's recovered from this. I sometimes feel old and search and search fr someone to tell me hey, it will get better. I can't even find that. If there is a god, which I believe there is, he would have mercy on us, and help. I pray and I feel nothing. Maybe he doesn't want us to be better but to rise above this. One man can only take so much, and I've been through some stuff most people would never have the Life to get rough, but this is too much. I haven't had a sex drive since coming off Effexor in 2008. Completely erased

Weaned off Effexor XR 75mg after one year of use

I'm experiencing the most debilitating symptoms ever imaginable

-pssd

-Emotional Numbness

Last dose was in august '15 after  weaning off for 6 months

I started taking pain pills to forget everything, then came xAnax. Sorry for all the weird misspelling my phone sucks.

Then I go through withdrawal from suboxone and Xanax, realizing o yeah, this is why I went on drugs. I've become asexual from Effexor. Only I'm not asexual, I'm tortured, every day, every song on the radio is about love and sex. Every tv show. Every movie. And I understand why, but it's just a process I'm going through j guess. Every day is the same. I wake up, realizing I'm like this, and sometimes I have the strength but lately, most days are getting darker.

Weaned off Effexor XR 75mg after one year of use

I'm experiencing the most debilitating symptoms ever imaginable

-pssd

-Emotional Numbness

Last dose was in august '15 after  weaning off for 6 months

Ah **** man, I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles. If it's any relief, I'm in exaclty the same boat (as are many others.) Unfortunately, time well tell whether or not we get any better. Science failed us, but maybe someday they'll be a way to beat this thing.

Feb 7th, 2008 - Prozac at 60mg and Zoloft at 25mg (the end result of five or more years of tinkering trying in vain to reduce my OCD symptoms.) 

Jan 19th, 2010 - Prozac at 60mg and Zoloft at 125mg. By this time I started experiencing muted orgasm and tinnitus. Decided to taper down meds.

Feb 4th, 2011 - Lexapro at 10mg (after hospital visit during my first withdrawal period. I tapered too fast bit didn't know it at the time.)

Feb 24th, 2011 - Prozac at 40mg with 0.25mg Xanax as needed (Prozac sucks but Lexapro was worse. Lesser of two evils, I guess.) 

Apr 12th, 2012 - Prozac at 60mg and Zoloft at 25mg with Buspar 10mg as needed for sleep (Buspar's the kids' gloves version of Xanax.) 

Jul 18th, 2013 - Prozac still at 60mg (my main B) and no longer taking the Zoloft.)

Mar 5th, 2014 - After months of mounting doubt about the prospects of life-long medication, decided to taper Prozac. Unfortunately, I didn't understand the dangers of SSRI discontinuation syndrome so my taper was only over a period of two months. 

Nov 11th, 2015 - After a nearly year long taper, I took my final 1mg dose of Prozac on my birthday. Finally, I'm SSRI-free. It's a good feeling, though my troubles remain. 

• 4 months later...

Well, it's been a long, windy road full of fire and brimstone but here I am. I've been off Prozac for three months and little by little my cognition and emotional stability are improving. PSSD hasn't abated at all, but I have plans to address that as I go further. For now, it seems (and I hope) the worst of the battle is over. I wish everyone else sees improvements in the days and years to come.

• 8 months later...

It's been a year since I've been completely off Prozac. Things have not been easy, but I am still kicking around. I am able to work and socialize and take some joy from life, even if it is a mere glimmer of light every while and again. I still have the symptoms that inspired me to post here in the first place, but I have seen improvements and I am able to accept who I am. I hope that one day we will all be healed, wholly or in part. Whatever you're going through, push through it, no matter how long it takes, and you'll find some stable ground to stand on.

• 1 year later...

How are you now xlmplmplmp? I hope you’re wel!

Zoloft 50 mg from April 23, 2015 to August 28th, 2016 (1 year, 4 months).

4 week taper. Last dose on August 28, 2016

Mianserin 30 mg in an attempt to reverse PSSD from September 6th, 2017–around mid November 2017 after a few week taper. Did not fix PSSD

Currently taking: Melatonin and magnesium every night.

• 11 months later...

It's been a long while since I've posted, and a hell of a lot (not even being melodramatic here) has happened in my life but I am proud to report I no longer have any acute withdrawal symptoms whatsoever. What remains, however, is emotional anhedonia and the damnable PSSD. I won't even apologize for the brutality of this next statement: I hope the absolute sniveling worms who marketed this wretched stuff suffer immensely, whether in this life or the next (whatever it is I hope it's on fire.) I don't know what the ordeal has been like for everyone else, but I am functional and employed and social yet still in constant pain. Welcome to the modern world. The slow taper works, at least in terms of escaping the utter terror of acute withdrawal, but as far as the long term damage is concerned, in my case at least, I'll have to deal with the humiliating aftermath for the foreseeable future. I am alive, though, and I have friends worth fighting for and enemies worth opposing. Stay strong and keep connected to those you love and who love you. Never forget the trials you've overcome and never, ever, forgive the dark machinery of corporate greed that brought us all here. 

• ChessieCat changed the title to xlmplmplmp: PSSD and Derealization