Wahls protocol

DizzyGirl

I wonder if the wahlsprotocol could help some of us ? I am really thinking about turning auto immune paleo. I had my blood work done and my SED rate was pretty high which is a sign for inflammation. My endocrinologist couldn't help me. She just said she thinks I have the flu. Anyone else with a high sed rate ?

Cold turkeyed Paxil in May 2012  :ph34r:

Finally recovered / see success story :)

I wonder if the wahlsprotocol could help some of us ? I am really thinking about turning auto immune paleo. I had my blood work done and my SED rate was pretty high which is a sign for inflammation. My endocrinologist couldn't help me. She just said she thinks I have the flu. Anyone else with a high sed rate ?

I am wanting to try this. I have been on a pretty strict caveman type diet and was doing great until i got sick and now producing autoantibodies. Anyways, this protocol is worth a shot.

Various SSRIs/SNRIs 7- 1/2 years

Went Cold Turkey from Celexa 2011, Stayed Off

Psych Drug Free and Loving Life (over 6 years and counting)

How I Stay Well: Diet, exercise, meditation, supplements, etc

who is up for trying the Wahls protocol with me? Add a few supplements, eats tons of plant foods, reduce stress/meditate, etc...seems like a good plan and I know I am now making autoantibodies quite possibly bc of the drugs and WD so I am wanting to arrest this before it moves onto something bigger like MS or ALS. Who is up for a Wahls challenge?

who is up for trying the Wahls protocol with me? Add a few supplements, eats tons of plant foods, reduce stress/meditate, etc...seems like a good plan and I know I am now making autoantibodies quite possibly bc of the drugs and WD so I am wanting to arrest this before it moves onto something bigger like MS or ALS. Who is up for a Wahls challenge?

Here here here :D I am IN :D

What do you think : Should we use this thread as our Wahls diary for trying it out or should we start a separat one. Maybe the mods can help ? Could we start in 1 or 2 weeks or I join later?

I need to buy the book first + right now my fridge is filled with stuff,that is not Wahl-safe (like milk and nuts ) and I dont wnat to throw it away.

If you wnat to start now, I will join when my fridge is empty lol

This is exciting. I really hope it can help us a little bit.

What do you think : Should we use this thread as our Wahls diary for trying it out or should we start a separat one. Maybe the mods can help ? Could we start in 1 or 2 weeks or I join later?

I need to buy the book first + right now my fridge is filled with stuff,that is not Wahl-safe (like milk and nuts ) and I dont wnat to throw it away.

If anyone else wants to try this then come along.

Yes i suppose we can start a new thread about our plan and progress. I have the book on my phone and there is also a fb group for it which lists the basics about the protocol and so you can join in. I have a friend in canada who has been in wd for 3 years and she will atry with us. I will message you.

To the person who asks about healing mitochonria: simple answer is yes but it takes work and time.

• Administrator

moved these posts to start their own thread.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

If anyone else wants to try this then come along.

Yes i suppose we can start a new thread about our plan and progress. I have the book on my phone and there is also a fb group for it which lists the basics about the protocol and so you can join in. I have a friend in canada who has been in wd for 3 years and she will atry with us. I will message you.

To the person who asks about healing mitochonria: simple answer is yes but it takes work and time.

I was the person who asked! Thank you for the reply. Work and time are okay with me as long as I can regain my health.

*I'm not a doctor and don't give medical advice, just personal experience
**Off all meds since Nov. 2014. Mentally & emotionally recovered; physically not
-Dual cold turkeys off TCA & Ativan in Oct 2014. Prescribed from 2011-2014

-All meds were Rxed off-label for an autoimmune illness.  It was a MISDIAGNOSIS, but I did not find out until AFTER meds caused damage.  All med tapers/cold turkeys directed by doctors 

-Nortriptyline May 2012 - Dec 2013. Cold turkey off nortrip & cold switched to desipramine

-Desipramine Jan 2014 - Oct. 29, 2014 (rapid taper/cold turkey)

-Lorazepam 1 mg per night during 2011
-Lorazepam 1 mg per month in 2012 (or less)

-Lorazepam on & off, Dec 2013 through Aug 2014. Didn't exceed 3x a week

-Lorazepam again in Oct. 2014 to help get off of desipramine. Last dose lzpam was 1 mg, Nov. 2, 2014. Immediate paradoxical reactions to benzos after stopping TCAs 

-First muscle/dystonia side effects started on nortriptyline, but docs too stupid to figure it out. On desipramine, muscle tremors & rigidity worsened

-Two weeks after I got off all meds, I developed full-blown TD.  Tardive dystonia, dyskinesia, myoclonic jerks ALL over body, ribcage wiggles, facial tics, twitching tongue & fingers, tremors/twitches of arms, legs, cognitive impairment, throat muscles semi-paralyzed & unable to swallow solid food, brain zaps, ears ring, dizzy, everything looks too far away, insomnia, numbness & electric shocks everywhere when I try to fall asleep, jerk awake from sleep with big, gasping breaths, wake with terrors & tremors, severely depressed.  NO HISTORY OF DEPRESSION, EVER. Meds CREATED it.

-Month 7: hair falling out; no vision improvement; still tardive dystonia; facial & tongue tics returned
-Month 8: back to acute, incl. Grand Mal seizure-like episodes. New mental torment, PGAD, worse insomnia
-Month 9: tardive dystonia worse, dyskinesia returned. Unable to breathe well due to dystonia in stomach, chest, throat
-Month 13: Back to acute, brain zaps back, developed eczema & stomach problems. Left leg no longer works right due to dystonia, meaning both legs now damaged
-7 years off: Huge improvements, incl. improved dystonia

• 2 months later...

Just to let everyone know, followig the Wahls protocol has helped me get back on track. I still have bad days but have improved a lot. However, my kidneys are a bit weak and a bit damaged for some unknowm reason (as indicated by ultrasound and creatinine levels) and when i eat lots of high oxalate foods, i get kidney discomfort so since wahls protocol has lots of greens and other high oxalates, i must switch around. For sure tho, wahls protocol has helped and even my ANA titre went down. I would encourage people to try this way of life and eating....yes, LOTS of veggies!

• 3 years later...

Hello! Anybody doing Wahls protocol? Anybody up to starting it with me? I just bought the book and I will start this, hoping it will help with withdrawal!

in 2002- 0,5 tablet cipramil for half a year, ended it uneventfully. in 2006 - citalopram for half a year, ended in horrific state, ditched the drugs CT. 2007-2008 not feeling well but drug free. in 2008 prozac 20mg + quetiapine 25mg. 2009 tried to stop, ended up in hole after couple of months, started zoloft. 2009-2011 zoloft 50mg. went to 25mg in 2011 summer, it resulted in half a year horrible suffering. reinstated, changed drugs, nothing happened. by 2012 beginning suddenly felt great and CT meds. after 4 months came suddenly most horrible human suffering that's possible. was started on prozac and questiapine. started tapering slowly, GFCF diet and Hardy Nutritionals vitamins in 2013 summer. 

current medications: 1) fluoxetine and quetiapine since Aug 2012; 2) Daily Essential Nutrients by Hardy Nutritionals 7 capsules / since May 2013 + omega3; 3) Gluten-free-casein-free diet since june 2013

Started withdrawing slowly since april 2013. Mostly around 10% cuts. 

April'13 - March'14: fluoxetine 40mg -> 19,5mg; quetiapine 50mg -> 40mg
April'14-March'15: fluoxetine 19,5mg -> 14,4mg; quetiapine 40mg -> 22mg

April'15-March'16: fluoxetine 14,4mg -> 7,4mg; quetiapine 22mg -> 15mg

April'16-March'17: fluoxetine 7,4mg -> 5,0mg; quetiapine 15mg -> 7,25mg

April'17-March'18: fluoxetine 5,0mg -> 4,0mg; quetiapine 7,25mg -> 0 (as of 1st Feb 2018)!!!!

April´18-March´19: fluoxetine 4,0mg - > 2,3mg. Jumped off fluoxetine 1,4mg due to pregnancy in July 2019. Oct 2019 severe withdrawal syndrome started.

Took mistakenly a complex for hormonal support that included pregnenolone dec2019-april2020. Stopped it april 2020 and immediately severe akathisia started. Have had life threatening akathisia since, 100% disabled, suicidal, very hard to hold on. 

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy