frantic

Why don't we all post our experiences on Rxisk?

frantic

Hey guys, there's this amazing new website known as Rxisk https://www.rxisk.org/Default.aspx where people can report issues they've had with medication.

I've just reported my horror with Mirtazapine which is already available publicly on the site and with no personally identifiable information.

I just wanted to bring it to everyone's attention if they are not yet aware of the site, but please consider submitting your experience there too.  This site will be an invaluable resource to me and those I know from now on and the more stories we have on there, the more chance people will realise that psychotropic drugs are seriously dangerous.

All the best and hope you're having a great weekend!

akakoom

I did

frantic

I did

Thanks heaps! :)

Bellisimo

Good idea!

Rhiannon

I hope everyone does this who can.

My own medication history is so complicated (like a lot of people who ended up polydrugged) that I found I wasn't able to describe it using the site.

But please, yes, everyone check it out and report if you can!

westcoast

Good suggestion. Maybe for the poly drugged, just post the Number 1 worst if you are sure you know what it did.

westcoast

Another solution is to prepare a canned history, like a sig file here. Do a report for every drug, and paste in the canned history.

Data about interactions and sequences of drugs could be useful.

GardeniaBlossom

I was on so many "meds" at once I couldn't report on all of them. It's such a tangled mess. There was one particularly horrific drug I took a year ago though: Lithium. One dose and I was bed ridden for two full weeks. So, I reported that. I liked the site. I thought their approach seemed comprehensive. 

Laura1981

Hey all, 

I love RxIsk, but just to make sure: It's important to also report the side effects to the countries regulators. 

I'm a bit worried that if people report to RXisk, they think they're done. RxIsk doesn't have an automatic interface with the official authorities that side effects need to be reported to. I think for official recognition of our issues, we have to report to FDA and equivalents of each country. I think especially long term damage, such as withdrawal lasting a year or more is completely under reported. 

Cheers, 

Laura