Grounding or earthing

Muddles

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Mirtazapine prescribed - adverse reaction but told to stay on.

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Thanks for all this research, muddles x

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

• 4 years later...

Hi Folks,

During some research on controlling cortisol levels naturally I came across ‘Earthing Sheets/ grounding sheets’

These are placed on mattresses, under the bottom sheet, to aid sleep and reduce cortisol levels. I just wonder if anyone had any info /experience of this product. Whilst not cheap I feel they would be worth it if they help with cortisol levels. 

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. 

Take care of You Kx

Lexapro Fast Track/ Cold Turkey

Last dose end Dec 2018 

Tapered 1/2 a daily dose a week (20mg) for  14 weeks, last dose was a 20 mg pill!!  

3.5 times slower than Psychiatrist recommended, I felt proud of myself!! Little did I know!!!!Got too scared to reinstate because I’d left it too long.

On ADs for 20 years (Prozac approx 10 years/ Pristiq approx 3 years/ Citalipram approx 2 years/. Lexapro a approx  5 years/. Last two years 40mgs Lexapro day.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Grounding or earthing
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

HI @Katy398 I use a grounding sheet, placed directly under my body when I sleep. I have used it for about a year with no adverse effects. I do not experience the cortisol spikes, but I wanted to use the grounding sheet to help with muscle soreness/tightness. At times I am not sure if it is doing anything, but when I don’t sleep with it (traveling, sleeping other places than my home) I do notice a difference. My muscles are more tight and sore throughout the day when I sleep without the mat. I think there is some real wisdom in earthing and being exposed to the negative ions, which can take the form of gardening or “forest bathing” in a hike or botanical garden. 

If you don’t want to purchase the sheet, you can try to schedule 30 min-1 hr of earthing every day for a week and see if you feel a difference. You might also decide to eat the cost and give the sheet a try for a few weeks. There was an initial startup reaction, from what I remember. I had some disturbed sleep for the first few nights that I used it, but that was only for 1-2 nights or so. 

That said, it hasn’t made my taper any easier/smoother. There are no shortcuts for that. I think it mainly helps in reducing inflammation in the body.

Apr 2018: Began 10 mg Amitriptyline (for headaches & insomnia from concussion).

Jul - Aug 2018: Fast taper to 5 mg and then 2.5 mg (too fast, hellish withdrawal at 2.5 mg). Sept 2018: Reinstated 10 mg (many symptoms improved). Oct 2018 - Apr 2019: Updosed & stabilized on 11 mg (2 waves at 3 and 5 months post-withdrawal). Apr 2019 - Apr 2020: Tapered 0.5-0.25 mg per month using compounded pills: 11 mg —> 6 mg. (2 waves at 12 and 16 months post-withdrawal.) Apr 2020 - present: Switched to a liquid taper at rate of 0.1 mg per month. Currently: 1.1 mg. No more waves. 

Supplements: Omega-3 fish oil, Vit B12, coenzyme Q10, Hawthorn extract (for tachycardia) Tools for insomnia/waves (as needed): Epsom salt foot soaks, 0.5 mg Melatonin, quality time, waves WILL PASS. Lifestyle: Eat real foods, mostly plants; sunlight, walking, yoga; symptom tracking on adapted Glenmullen chart.

• 10 months later...

It's brilliant for shifting from sympathetic to parasympathetic dominance. The best thing I've found so far in 7yrs.

I"ve had to learn the hard way that plugging into the wall sockets is hit and miss. The only one that's good in my home is in the lounge room. Strange as that sounds. It has something to do with stray currents apparently. It's not placebo either. I know that for sure. I go into strong sympathetic dominance with all the symptoms it triggers like agitation, stress, muddled thinking etc. And in the right socket i calm down, i'm relaxed, good mood and my energy goes up. The discoverer of all this claims that the sympathetic dominance stresses the addrenals and i really feel that happening, especially when i flip to the opposite and notice the energy lift.  I bought a sauna earlier in the year and was big BIG mistake. The heat stress after 3 sessions put me in sympathetic mode for months and wiped out my adrenals. Wish I'd known about this Earthing stuff then.

The safest way is to plug your earthing mats and sheets directly into an earthing rod you plant yourself into the ground. No mixing or contamination with any currents in your homes elec grid/circuit. Makes me wonder how many sick ppl out there bought these things and got sicker, not knowing that it wasn't the products fault just where it was plugged into.

I think earthing should be far more popular than it is, especially for ppl in here. It has an immediate effect (30mins) and is a game changer when set up correctly. So many benefits 

BB

• 1 year later...

Grounding

Has anyone tried grounding/earthing and did it exacerbate your symptoms?

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title before merging with existing topic

January 10-14  2018. 20 mg Prozac daily for 5 days. Stopped abruptly. 

May 15, 2018 reinstated Prozac 1 mg. 

Increased to 2 mg on May 23, 2018

decreased to 1.75 mg on June 19, 2018

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy