QuitPaxil2015 - Paxil withdrawal

quitpaxil2015

A few years ago tried to get off Paxil, but was unsuccessful (I had a car accident in the process - due to being unable to judge how far my car was from an ATM and severe vertigo). I have been on Paxil (was started on 85 mg) for over 20 years. I was started on Prozac and multiple other medications prior to getting on Paxil and during my trials of discontinuing Paxil. Eventually, I had a complete thyroidectomy (I was previously misdiagnosed as having Bipolar Disorder). I believe I was misdiagnosed due to family history – my mother was schizophrenic and because I developed OCD as a child. My psychiatrist (who initially prescribed the Paxil) has been unable to help me with the taper due to the severity of my withdrawal symptoms. He noted that maybe it is better to continue to take the Paxil rather than risk the withdrawal symptoms! It has been a long road for me. The bottom line is that I am currently on 25 mg of Paxil (not CR - a 20 mg tab and 1/2 of a 10 mg tab) and can't seem to get off this drug not matter how slowly I try. One day this week I had forgot to take my morning dose at 8 am and by 6 pm I was a mess - I had vertigo, nausea, crying spells, body aches, suicidal thoughts, inability to think clearly (foggy feeling), irritability, and many other symptoms. I feel my life is held hostage by this drug and I need to find a way to get out of it. I believe that the only way I was able to taper from my previous dose of 85 mg is because of the many other medications I was prescribed. Aside from the Paxil, I also take 100 mg of Trazodone each night for sleep. Still, I sleep very poorly. There is nothing I would like better than to get off the Paxil but I am not sure how to go about it given the severity of my symptoms. I would eventually like to get off Trazodone as well, but am afraid to do both at the same time. I have spoken with a pharmacist and she advised that I obtain a prescription for Paxil suspension and taper at 2.5 mg every week. I am terrified that this may affect my relationships and ability to work, drive, etc. If anyone has any suggestions on how to deal with the psychiatric symptoms such as anxiety, inability to concentrate, irritability, please advise. Are there any supplements that may help?

Username: quitpaxil2015 - Started antidepressants sometime in 1990. Misdiagnosed with Bipolar, but later with thyroid disease in1998 (8 years of being on several different psychiatric meds with several psychiatric hospitalizations). Total thyroidectomy in 1999. At the time, was on 85 mg of Paxil. In 2001, tried to get off Paxil and had car crash due to vertigo and w/d symptoms. Given more psychiatric meds including Prozac and Trazodone to treat SEVERE w/d from Paxil - which is the only reason I still take Paxil. Tried to taper off Paxil again in 2004  - from 25 mg to 20 mg (5 mg cuts) - had to go back on 25 mg on the 10th day of the taper due to inability to function (dizziness, vertigo, motion sickness, crying spells, depersonalization, etc). Currently on Paxil 25 mg and Trazodone 100 mg. Trying to quit Paxil in 2015. April 22, 2015 - Paxil 22.5 mg. May 13, 2015 Paxil 20 mg. June 3, 2015 - Paxil 17.5 mg. June 24, 2015 - Paxil 15 mg. Don't remember  - 12.5 mg. August 5, 2015 - Paxil 10 mg. September 16, 2015 - 7.5 mg (considering going back up - severe anxiety/panic) September 28, 2015 - back up to 10 mg. October 6, 2015  - back up to 15 mg.   :unsure:

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• quitpaxil2015

• tgirl

• dreamspirit

• Altostrata

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Quit, there are some things that help, not all of them are supplements.

The greatest of these is time.

The tool that we recommend here is a slow taper - much slower than any doctor will tell you.

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

You have been suffering from antidepressant withdrawal syndrome:

What is antidepressant withdrawal syndrome?

You will recognize your experience in this, even if your doctor (and family and friends) do not understand.  Even your pharmacist is telling you to go too fast.  

You cannot taper to a schedule, you need to listen to your body, and if you drop 2.5% - WAIT, wait, and WAIT some more until you are stable again before making another drop.  Even these tiny drops, require time to replenish your nerves.

Here's how our Rhiannon describes it:

Rhi's description of healing the brain

and here's how she recommends approaching a taper:

Rhis's Start Small Listen to Body Taper Plan

This enables you to be in charge of your taper, you can control when you have withdrawal symptoms - better (not entirely) - by slowing the taper down when you have stress or sickness, or just don't feel good.  Then, when you have more time or feel better, you can approach another taper again.  That your pharmacist has suggested a liquid suspension is an excellent start!

The Trazadone can go later, the Paxil is the more difficult one to taper.

Tips for tapering off Paxil

Oh yes, please put your drug history in your signature - this helps us moderators to summarize your situation so that we don't have to read your thread every time, and enables us to make clearer suggestions for you.

How to complete your Signature

I think that's enough for now.  We can talk about supplements and dealing with your symptoms once you've absorbed all that.  I hope it's not too overwhelming.  Please use this thread as your recovery journal, it will help you to observe your healing process, and learn from yourself (which is the best way!).

Take care!

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Dear Silver Star and other members,

Thank you your reply. I am going to pick up two bottles of Paxil suspension on Monday since the pharmacy had to special order them for me. I do not think that the physicians I have understand the need for reducing at 10% of the previous dose, thus I plan to discuss this with them and ask whether they are willing to help me by prescribing in the Paxil in the way that will need it prescribed.

Most of all, I am terrified of my neuro-emotions and whether my husband (we got married just last month) will be able to deal with my neuro-emotions without taking them personally. I have found that it is a lot to deal with these emotions on a day to day basis. By the time one realizes what they are about, it is often too late to do anything related to the anger and anguish that they have caused. During withdrawal, I often don't understand my I am tearful and a complete emotional mess until it is too late. For example, I forgot to take my Paxil (and my other morning meds) on Wednesday morning and by 6 PM I was an emotional disaster. I was literally trying to remember what had happened during the day as I drove home crying and thinking that the world would be better off without me. Then, when I got home, I informed my husband that I wanted to get rid of all of our bedroom furniture and could not sleep in our bed (I also have a terrible time falling asleep). He was distressed.

It was not until later that I realized that I had not taken my morning meds and proceeded to take them, I was back to being myself (my "normal-taking Paxil self") within approximately 25 minutes of ingestion of Paxil. This whole episode was very distressful to my husband (and me) and prompted me to want to get off Paxil for once and for all.. I gave my husband Dr. Glenmullen's book: The Antidepressant Solution and asked him to help me in the journey to quit this horrible drug. However, I am very weary and fearful of destroying our relationship with my neuro-emotions since I am not sure how it will be when I have them and, it seems that when I am in the midst of experiencing them, I am not in charge of my brain!! Any suggestions for loved ones on how to cope with the withdrawal symptoms, especially the psychological ones, that their loved ones are experiencing? 

I have put off getting off this drug for the past 13 years and I am so afraid to continue to do damage to my brain by taking it and so afraid of what it can do to my life if I start to taper off of it...I do not know that there will ever be perfect external conditions for getting off the drug - there is always a reason not to rock the boat...

At this time, I have a stable job, a great therapist I see as often as I need to (but who does not understand the w/d from antidepressants in its entirety), a marriage to a great person who wants to be supportive but is also scared due to his own life stressors and the feeling that he may not have enough energy to be as supportive as I my symptoms would require, etc.

Is it crazy to try to get off this drug once again knowing what I have experienced in the past? (By the way the way I was told to get off Paxil in the past was to half the dose every 3 days until I got to zero; so I would definitely not do anything as extreme this time...) How long does it take to acclimate to each dosage change when one cuts by 10% of the previous dose?

Username: quitpaxil2015 - Started antidepressants sometime in 1990. Misdiagnosed with Bipolar, but later with thyroid disease in1998 (8 years of being on several different psychiatric meds with several psychiatric hospitalizations). Total thyroidectomy in 1999. At the time, was on 85 mg of Paxil. In 2001, tried to get off Paxil and had car crash due to vertigo and w/d symptoms. Given more psychiatric meds including Prozac and Trazodone to treat SEVERE w/d from Paxil - which is the only reason I still take Paxil. Tried to taper off Paxil again in 2004  - from 25 mg to 20 mg (5 mg cuts) - had to go back on 25 mg on the 10th day of the taper due to inability to function (dizziness, vertigo, motion sickness, crying spells, depersonalization, etc). Currently on Paxil 25 mg and Trazodone 100 mg. Trying to quit Paxil in 2015. April 22, 2015 - Paxil 22.5 mg. May 13, 2015 Paxil 20 mg. June 3, 2015 - Paxil 17.5 mg. June 24, 2015 - Paxil 15 mg. Don't remember  - 12.5 mg. August 5, 2015 - Paxil 10 mg. September 16, 2015 - 7.5 mg (considering going back up - severe anxiety/panic) September 28, 2015 - back up to 10 mg. October 6, 2015  - back up to 15 mg.   :unsure:

• Administrator

Please note that your bottles of liquid Paxil will have expiration dates. Do not continue to use the liquid past its expiration date.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Dear Alto, thank you so much for creating this site. I feel that I have already gotten an incredible amount of support here. I will definitely look at the bottles' expiration dates-Paxil is bad enough when it is not expired!! I wish to have the buy-in of my physicians so I can keep obtaining the liquid as needed. We'll see-I definitely don't think the physicians will completely understand, but I hope that they respect my choice to go slow and that they cooperate. I read a lot of this forum today and think I have a good idea how to use it - I am just so grateful for its existence!!

I am very scared but also excited to have made the decision to quit Paxil for once and for all (however slow this process may be). Armed with Paxil suspension, I start my taper tomorrow. It will be taking one 20 mg tablet and 2.5 mg (1.25 ml) of liquid Paxil. Historically, I tend to develop bad WD symptoms by day 3, so I figured if I make my first decrease in a Thursday, the worse of it should happen on Saturday.

I hope that it will not be too bad this time, but in all honesty, I am terrified.

I wish you all the luck in the world; I was only on this poison 6 mos. & have been suffering almost a year

can't believe what these drugs do to people;they're evil

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Thank you, direstraights. I have reduced this morning. First day!

Today I decreased my Paxil dosage to 22.5 mg (from 25 mg) I am already feeling symptoms even though the decreased dose has only been in effect since 8 AM. At around 1230 PM, I began to feel dizzy and to have a bit of a waterlogged feeling in my head. It has only been a few hours and I can only imagine what I will feel within the next few days - I hope I make it!

Also, as I was looking at my previous Daily Checklist of  Antidepressant Withdrawal Symptoms (which I obtained from The Antidepressant Solution's Appendix), I saw that aside from attemptiong to lower my dosage in 2001, I also went through nine days of withdrawal in 2004. In 2004, I tapered the 25 mg dose a 20 mg dose, but had to go back to the 25 mg dose by the 10th day of the taper because I was unable to drive or work due to withdrawal symptoms. I guess I had totally forgotten about that taper attempt...I just know that I can't go on taking this drug - the more I read about it, the more I am convinced that I will continue to damage my brain by taking it. This time, I need to get off it no mater what!! :wacko:

Hi Qp I have been on and off paroxatine for approx 15 years and am in the throws of a long withdrawl .From 20mg down to 3 .It needs to be done slowly to minimise symptoms but it is not easy. I wish you well in your journey.

Katieb

Been taking paroxatine for approx 15 years.Tried a few times yo stop but failed. Am currently on 3.5mg liquid

Jan 2016 been slow tapering paroxatine and i am currently at 2.9 mg and last drop was 5 weeks ago.

Started to feel awful about 3 weeks ago with brain ???? , shakes, blurred vision and dizzyness. ..

Thank you, katieb! I am sorry to hear about your struggle. At first I thought I could do this faster, but now I understand that I need to go as slowly as my body wants to go...Thank you for your encouragement!

• Administrator

quitpaxil, it sounds like you're quite sensitive to dosage reductions. You may wish to make even smaller decreases, such as 5%. You might be able to make these more often.

See Micro-taper instead of 10% or 5% decreases

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Thank you, Alto. So far so good on my reduction of 2.5 mg of Paxil. I am on day 4 of the taper and have only had minor dizziness and vertigo...of course, this can change anytime going forward and, if this happens, I will switch to a micro taper.

I am using the checklist to chart my w/d symptoms on a daily basis (Daily Checklist of  Antidepressant Withdrawal Symptoms (which I obtained from The Antidepressant Solution's Appendix). I had a good workout this morning except I had a headache which went away with Advil.

Thank you for introducing me to the micro taper method. I will definitely keep it in mind as I go forward!

• Administrator

If your withdrawal symptoms last more than a few days, that's a sign you would do better with smaller decreases.

Thank you, Alto! I will definitely switch if my symptoms get bad - right now I am doing surprisingly okay. I just want rid of this drug but realize it is better to do it slowly to allow my brain to adapt...I want to minimize any chance of protracted withdrawal.

So, day 9 of the 22.5 mg Paxil taper dose and so far I am doing well. I am having a hard time distinguishing some emotions that I have been experiencing from what could be w/d symptoms. Basically, I have been unhappy with my manager from about a month after I started to work for my current employer. I have kept my eyes open for another position but have been unable to find anything so far. I work in a niche type market, so opportunities do not come often. Unfortunately, I have an abusive manager who makes all of her employees miserable by the way she belittles the people that work for her. This manager takes credit for other people's work and thows people "under the bus" whenever she can. It is a very toxic environment. Unfortunately, she also advises our Human Resouces Department on employee issues, so there is no use in going to them. It is amazing the bad behavior she continues to exibit! It also seems she gets all new staff every few years since people end up leaving their jobs as soon as they can. The problem that I am having is that I was already upset at my work situation before I started the Paxil taper, and I continue to have a problem with her mismanagement of people, but now my feelings seen intensified and I am not sure if I have just had enough because of the situation, or if my increased irritability with the situation is from the taper. Interestingly, I am not really having increased irritability with other issues in my life even when I become upset at one thing or another. My husband told me that I seem to be very appropriate in my reactions to issues and do not seem to be overreacting in any way. I don't know if I just have gotten to the point in my life that I feel that my wellbeing is more important than continuing to work in a toxic environment, pretending everything is okay and allowing someone to treat me unprofessionally. For the past two and a half years that I have been in my position I have been able to manage up to my boss, meaning, finding ways not react to her abuse (she is extremely dismissive and critical, talks down to people, and micromanages to an extreme). I just don't seem to have the patience and desire to manage her up anymore. I have had a lot of support from my colleagues that report to her and are in similar situations but my feelings of overwhelm are almost too much to bear. I hate waking up and going to work. I hate participating in meetings at work, and I am very disillusioned with my career in general. I am there for the salary and insurance (with all of my medical issues, I don't think I would be able to afford insurance independently.) My situation was barely tolerable before but lately it is intolerable. Has anyone felt similarly when tapering an antidepressant? That is, that since you've made a commitment to get off the antidepressant poison, that other areas of your life that are not serving you or making you miserable have to go as well? It is an internal dialogue that points to letting go of all the things that are in the way of finally being happy and not wanting to put up with those things or people who do not have your best interest in mind. I am a little scared of the strong feelings that I am having but I am wondering if these feelings are just an inevitable culmination of what was going to happen anyway, or if they are related to the taper even though I am having no other w/d symptoms...Has anyone else had similar experiences?

• Administrator

That sounds like a very stressful work environment. To take care of yourself, you might consider changing jobs.

Please put paragraph breaks in your posts -- a large block of text is difficult to read.

Thank you, Alto.

I am looking for something else for sure, it has just been two and a half years of hell.

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning! Today I begin my second cut from Paxil from 22.5 to 20 mg. It is three weeks after my last decrease. I've had some major stressors such as I've needed IV antibiotics for a three days last week for a hand injury and work related stressors.

Nevertheless, I've done okay for he lost part. I hope this will not be too difficult!

• Administrator

If you are getting treatment with antibiotics, I would not rock the boat with a decrease in Paxil.

Thank you, Alto! Thankfully, I am off the antibiotics! I have been really careful with monitoring my symptoms while I was on them and I am pleasantly surprised that I did not have any increase in signs and symptoms of withdrawal. I do have ringing in my ears that is constant but the dizziness, etc went away about 2 weeks ago. Still, I feel that I will need to keep monitoring for w/d! The support I have and continue to receive here is invaluable!!

• Administrator

You're welcome.

Since the antibiotics were so recent, you might make a very small drop in Paxil now, say .5mg, and see how you do with that.

Thank you, Alto!

• 1 month later...

I'm down to 17.5 mg of Paxil. I'm hoping to be able to decrease to 15 mg the Wednesday after next. I have never made it this far before!

My only very bad w/d symptom at this time is GI upset. It was much worse a few weeks ago. I thought it was the antibiotics I was on, and was tested for C-diff among other microorganisms. Everything came back negative. So I figured my symptoms are related to Paxil w/d.

I should have known it was the Paxil w/d. I'm trying to be very mindful of my symptoms and am trying listening to my body.

Some days are definitely harder than others, but I think this also has to do with my needing to get out of an unbelievably stressful work situation.

I just want off this drug! Sometimes I get discouraged that after I get off Paxil, I will still need to go off Trazodone (I'm currently on 100 mg for sleep)...I hope the Trazodone taper is faster than Paxil.

Thank you for the community for the ongoing (invaluable) support!

Oh, I forgot mention: my other w/d symptom that will not go away, no matter what I do, is tinnitus. It is particularly bad at night. It is not so bad during the day when there are other noises around me.

I fear this may be permanent damage. It has not gotten better since I started the taper. Does anyone still suffer from this once they have completely come off Paxil?

• Administrator

A 2.5mg decrease from 17.5mg is more than a 14% decrease. We recommend no more than a 10% decrease. And you might be extra-sensitive because of your prior difficulties.

See Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Tips for tapering off Paxil

Thank you, Alto!

• 4 weeks later...

Wow! it wasn't until this past decrease on June 24 to Paxil 15 mg from 17.5 mg that I started to experience severe irritability with aggression and depression with crying spells.

The interesting thing is that I have absolute reason for being upset due to current life circumstances. So I know that anyone in my position would be upset. The problem is that all my emotions are way amplified. Whereas I would, under non-withdrawal circumstances, have dealt with upsetting situations in a more intellectual manner, it is almost as if my feelings come up from my gut in an uncontrollable way. 

I am dealing with several difficult life stressors including the possibility (likelihood?) that my husband will not have a job come January. My job is awful but due to needing the benefits, I am not able to leave it now. I keep looking for other jobs and, even interviewed for another; however, I have not been able to find anything I can transition to. Both of our dogs have been sick and needed care - one needed surgery. There are many problems with the condo in which we live. Yesterday, for example, the main pipe to the street became blocked and today I had stay home to clean the mess that this caused. It seems that a day has not passed in which some main issue or problem has not occurred. I am overwhelmed. I fell bad complaining about these things but the issue is that I feel I have no emotional "reserves" to get me through these tough times.

Last weekend I flip flopped between irritability/aggression and depression/crying. Then I was upset because I wasted a precious long weekend on feeling bad and hopeless. In turn, being upset only made me have more insomnia. I feel that I am in this nightmarish merry-go-round. I had been doing well up until this last dosage decrease. I have been decreasing every 3 weeks by 2.5 mg. I really don't want to slow the process or my goal because I am afraid that this will just serve to prolong the misery of coming off this horrible drug. 

My husband has mentioned that I might want to wait an extra week before my next reduction, which is scheduled for next Wednesday. He is under tremendous stress and I do not want to be a burden. He understands the withdrawal, but I think that once we get into a discussion and my irritability/anger shows it's ugly head, he is not able to see it for what it is (nor am I) until we have had a major argument. Then, when we talk, I realize that I overreacted and that he helped escalate things as well. It is so hard to distinguish normal reaction to upsetting things from heightened reaction that is exacerbated by the W/D.

Can anyone tell me how they are able to tell in the midst of things? I am very weary of taking another drug to numb the withdrawal - even an antihistamine as I do not want to cause more problems to my brain.

I feel so hopeless. 

• Administrator

You may wish to hold at this dosage for a while. The symptoms should fade. In the meantime, learn to meditate -- I mean that seriously, it's very helpful.

Alto, I think I will hold it for a little bit. I am feeling a little better today...even laughed for a little with my husband. I need to try to learn to meditate-with my anxiety, it has always been hard. You are right though. It would no doubt help me. Do you recommend any materials or classes on meditation?

• Administrator

We have several topics in Symptoms. Go there and search for "meditation."

• 2 months later...

I am suffering a lot right now. I had tapered down to 7.5 mg from 10 mg (too fast, I know), and just reinstated last night. The problem is that I have not had more than 3 hours of sleep for the past few nights and I am waking up in complete panic.

I also take Trazodone at night (that is for another taper), and a melatonin if this does not work. The past few nights nothing has worked.

I had to call in to work today and miss some meetings. I do not have a supportive supervisor and am have only a few days vacation/sick leave left. I cannot loose my job. I have so much to do there and more keeps piling up. I also cannot function with this level of panic/anxiety. 

I take supplements (fish oil, magnesium), but nothing is helping.

My stomach is in knots, the ringing in my ears is pretty severe, my heart rate is high, I have palpitations, and diarrhea as well. This all got worse in the past 4 days, and since the symptoms are so severe, I reinstated the dose. Took the second reinstated dose today.  

Alto said it takes about 4 days to register the higher dose, is this pretty consistent after reinstatement?

I am absolutely desperate for relief.

Hello QP,

I am sorry your not feeling well.

A moderator should be on shortly to help you.

I just wanted to say welcome to S/A and wish you well!

Tgirl

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

June 2014 abilify 2.5 remeron wasn't working so abilify was then added

September 2014 woke up with anxiety x 100!!!!

Pdoc then took me from 45 to 7.5 within a month and took abilify from 2.5 to 0

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Vitamin d 5,000 iu taking for about 3 years

October 2014 added fish oil/omega 3 1000 mg per day

Levothyroxitine 100 10 years or so

Dec 2014 started tapering 10% every 10 days-no problems.

August 2015 down to 0.1 mg

Woke up with severe anxiety-sleep issues-racing thoughts-depression. 9/9/15 up dose 1 mg.

welcome 'qp'

I wish you well

Sertraline 100mg amytrip 60mg diazepam 4mg (and when needed) since late 90's.Reduced all meds over 6 wks (too short) last doses 13 wks ago.Still having withdrawals.I would have done it differently

5th august 2015 reinstated 5mg amytripiline.increased to 10mg amtrip 9th sept 2015.

Thank you! I feel like such a failure. I had been doing well on the taper. 

I called my psychiatrist this morning and ended up taking .25 mg of Xanax - the one thing I tried to avoid at all costs. I was told to take every 4 to 6 hours but I am definitely not doing that. Even with the Xanax, I still feel pretty wired. Not as bad as last night and this morning, but not great either. 

I have not slept in more than 3 days and am desperate for rest. I am home from work today but need to get back to it tomorrow. This is beyond anything I have ever experienced. 

I have an appt with my endocrinologist today and my husband is going to take me (this appt was already scheduled a while back). Since I do not have a thyroid and parathyroids, I need to be closely monitored.  

I am so afraid that I won't stabilize and not be able to get back to some sense of normalcy!

Help!

Thank you, Silver Star for the words of encouragement.