Redmanone: Withdrawing from invega sustenna

Redmanone

Because benzos would be harmful to my CNS right now oskajga? :(

I don't think there's anything that any doctor can give you that will help you without causing long term problems :unsure:

You have about 1 week of benzo use before your brain adapts, and then all bets are off. 

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Redmanone

• oskcajga

• Altostrata

• InvisibleUnless

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess im stuck like this until

I miraculously recover then

Huh?

Anafranil 100mg

-was injected with invega sustenna 234mg then a week later 156mg

I guess im stuck like this until

I miraculously recover then

Huh?

Yeah, basically. 

If you insist on doing drugs recreationally, I really think that you should consider tapering the amitriptaline.   Every drug you take is interacting with it and can cause damage.  There are usually stern warning about people who take any SSRI about doing drugs recreationally.  Do you understand what I mean by this?

In my opinion, if I were you - The BEST thing you can do is wait several months as you are now, and then start tapering off the trycliclic.  but if you feel tempted to do drugs, you might as well get off it now rather than risk some sort of drug interaction that will leave you in worse shape.

Just my opinions - you can do as you wish.

So 1) you may wish to wait and do nothing, no drugs at all

or 2)  you may wish to keep doing drugs impulsively, but taper your tryciclic first, because it can be very dangerous to do drugs recreationally with that particular antidepressant in your system

It's your call - but you need a plan no matter what you do.  Post your plan here and see what people say.  It seems like you're always trying a new impulsive way to escape the pain by either taking new drugs or changing your current ones.

The point I'm trying to make is that if you are going to impusively use drugs, I am suggesting that it's dangerous to do this while also taking 100mg of amitryptaline.  That's not a low dose by any stretch of the imagination and I suggest that it needs to be carefully tapered - not reduced by 50% like you did last time.

:)

Red, I know that after so many months it really seems like an eternity. I know it must seem like you will never get out of this but I am worried about you man. PLease don't hurt yourself. I know it feels like a reasonable solution to end the suffering but the type of damage invega does takes a long time to recover from. There was a period of time where I was drinking because I was miserable all of the time but it really set me back. You have to be careful about everything you put into your body if you really want to get better. Don't just stop and start all of these psych meds like you are doing. You need to give yourself a break. I know it's really scary but you will heal in time. Stay away from benzos if you can. Those things are a nightmare to kick. I know not having emotions is bad but believe me when I say it can get worse. It doesn't sound like your CNS is totally destabilized, that has a whole slew of different symptoms that you aren't experiencing. I really think that particular drug just destroys your dopamine receptors. Adderall and stims aren't too hot on the dopamine system either. I know you want to feel something but try and be patient. Read books, watch movies, take walks, play video games. Take care of yourself brother, eat healthy, and do everything you can to give your brain the nutrients it needs to heal.

Let me know if you need anything man. Don't hurt yourself. Your life isn't over even if it feels that way.  

2007-2010 - adderall, vyvanse, klonopin, prozac, symbyax, ativan, klonopin, seroquel, gabapentin, lyrica, concerta, lithium, elavil,  

2011-2014 - adderall, vyvanse, gabapentin, celexa, cymbalta, intuiv, tegretol, lamictal, risperdal, zyprexa, trazondone, wellbutrin

May 2014 - Vyvanse - 70 mg, gabapentin 3200 mg, zyprexa - 20 mg

August 2014 - Gabapentin 800 mg, zyprexa 10 mg

October 2014 - Attempted to taper off of zyprexa completely - did not succeed, gabapentin 900 mg

January 2015 - Zyprexa 5 mg, switched to seroquel @ 100 mg, gabapentin 900 mg 

Feburary 2015 - Seroquel - 50 mg, gabapentin 900 mg

March 2015 - Seroquel - 100 mg, zyprexa 5 mg as needed, gabapentin 900 mg

April 2015 - Determined seroquel was useless but remained at 25-50 mg, gabapentin 900 mg

May 2015 - Seroquel 50 mg, gabapentin 900 mg, tenex 2mg

June 2015 - Seroquel 50 mg, gabapentin 900 mg

July 2015 - Seroquel upped to 100 mg to stabilize, gabapentin 900 mg, took olanzapine six times 10 mg, tenex 2mg

I know man. Im going through major depression right now. I feel like all i wanna do is drown my sorrow with pills. I dont have any though.. I really want this to end.

Anafranil 100mg

I know man. Im going through major depression right now. I feel like all i wanna do is drown my sorrow with pills. I dont have any though.. I really want this to end.

I'll just repeat - if you do want to drown yourself in pills and really want to do it - you need to not be on the Trycyclic when that happens because it can really cause some serious damage.  If you don't like how you feel now, I KNOW you won't like having an adverse reaction to a bad combination of weed alcohol, benzos, nicotine, etc with a trycyclic.

I'd encourage you to read my above post where I gave you more specific recommendations on the subject.

I want to see you be OK, that's why I type these messages.

Otherwise - just don't change anything and hang in there :)

Hang in there Red, and make wise decisions :)

Me and my mom both decided that the trycyclic is just making me feel worse so im getting off it soon.

Anafranil 100mg

Im going to try and get another plasma level test to see how much invega is left in my system.

Anafranil 100mg

• Administrator

There's really no point to having a blood test for Invega. If there's a trace there, it will continue to metabolize.

The Invega is no longer the problem. You have a lingering side effect from Invega, and you are taking amitriptyline and occasional other miscellaneous drugs.

Please look at your behavior from the point of view of a doctor. If a doctor sees you acting odd, or if you go to a doctor dramatically complaining of your symptoms, what they will do is give you a drug. Depending on the doctor, it could be a couple shots of Invega or a prescription for amitriptyline or a benzodiazapine. Or all the above, or some other kind of cocktail.

If you want other people to control your behavior and your feelings for you, they will do it, but you probably won't enjoy it.

We all here understand very well that you're experiencing drug-related adverse effects. You don't have to convince us of that.

But -- we're only your virtual friends, all we can do is send you notes. You have to do the work yourself in the real world. This means getting out for at least a nice walk for a half-hour each day. It means finding something to do so you don't think about your troubles all the time. It means finding things that make you feel better -- little things, like petting animals or doing art or working in the garden.

It means stop asking other people to fix you and fix yourself. You'll do the best job of it.

That last part is difficult for people who are much older and more experienced. It's a lesson everyone has to learn, but most people get to postpone it for a while.

It's going to be hard for someone as young as you are, but you need to do it now to take care of yourself. This will make you a much better, stronger person in the long run.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Got off the anafranil. Got prescribed 30mg restoril for anxiety. I probably wont take it everyday, only when im really stressed out.

Anafranil 100mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Readmanone... I'm the benzo forum mod., and have been following your posts.  All things considered, you have been doing well up to this point.  A real concern however.. are you aware that Restoril is a benzodiazepine?  I'd suggest going back and rereading oskcajqa's comments to you on benzo's.. They are addictive, and if you take them more than once or twice a week (even taken this infrequently, you will develop tolerance and over time will need to updose for the same effect.. benzos are a perilously slippery slope) you will develop a dependence and need to taper off.  Also, after a few weeks, possibly less.. you will find you need a higher dose to achieve the same effect.  More and more, it's recommended benzodiazepines not be given for chronic anxiety because they only provide short term relief for an ongoing problem. They leave people worse off because higher doses are needed to achieve the same effect, and then on top of that, a taper is needed to get off. 

You might want to check into the benzo forum on this site to read accounts of people who are trying to get off, most of whom regret they ever took a dose.   You might want to check Shamaan's recent thread... she took a regular dose of Xanax for ONE week.. and is now struggling to disengage.. she has come very close to a full scale addiction after that very short course of 'treatment'. 

You need to understand the current state of psychiatry. The Anatomy of an Epidemic, by Robert Whitaker is an important book and I strongly recommend it.  You mentioned your mother in a previous post, and it might be helpful if you read this together.

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

• Administrator

How long were you taking anafranil? Did you cold turkey?

Please fill out your signature

Please put your withdrawal history in your signature

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I was taking it for about a month and yes i cold turkeyed. No medicine gives me any effect even the 30mg restoril. I could take 25 xanax and come closer to an overdose than to feel somewhat of a relaxed feeling. This drug has taken the life out of me and i can no longer bear it. Ive suffered so much for nothing. Why am i being tried so bad for something i didnt do. I want revenge.

Anafranil 100mg

I was taking it for about a month and yes i cold turkeyed. No medicine gives me any effect even the 30mg restoril. I could take 25 xanax and come closer to an overdose than to feel somewhat of a relaxed feeling. This drug has taken the life out of me and i can no longer bear it. Ive suffered so much for nothing. Why am i being tried so bad for something i didnt do. I want revenge.

:(

Im truly sorry oskajga. I am. Im sorry for everything. Please dont give up on me like i have already done. :(

Anafranil 100mg

Im truly sorry oskajga. I am. Im sorry for everything. Please dont give up on me like i have already done. :(

I haven't given up on you :)

Thank you oskcajga. You guys on here really are a help you know. Ive seen miracles happen on here and if i get better it will be nothing short of a miracle too.

Anafranil 100mg

Can you please just stop taking drugs?  There have been numerous warnings on here about taking benzos.  If you can't heed by these warnings, I'm not sure if I can really help you. 

You need to face the facts:  your ability to use recreational drugs is finished.  You may be 19 years old, but you can't use drugs anymore.  Sorry dude.

Maybe in several years you can go back - but you will have to learn to accept that fact.  You can't just go drink and smoke and do drugs like your peers - it's dangerous for you now - your brain is altered by the antipsycotic.   Not only will you not get pleasure from the experience, but you also risk making the damage you already have even worse.

That might also mean that you can't go to doctors like most people.  You can't just go get a prescription for a benzo and expect it to work like other people.  your brain is now very unusual and doesn't work the same way that it used to.  And no doctor you go to is going to appreciate this or care or understand. 

By doing drugs and going to doctors and going to hospitals like this you risk making the sexual dysfunction and anhedonia last longer or getting worse. 

This all sucks really badly, but you're going to grow up very quickly as a result.  The more you try to fight the changes that have taken place in your brain by doing drugs, the worse that you're going to make them.

So try to see what you CAN do.  The old functions may be gone for a while, so you're going to have to figure out how to live without them.  You still have a lot of great things in your life. 

No drug is going to offer you peace of mind or an escape from this either - you're just going to have to suffer for a while before your brain heals.  But then you'll be OK and be able to live a decent life.

So just hang in there and try to read the posts that the kind people of this website have taken the time to write for you.

I'm sorry that you're 19 years old and this has happened to you.  That really really sucks and I'm very very sorry.

Love and hugs,

Osk

Okay osk. Im gonna tell my mom what you said. I got another blood test today. And your right. My mind is definitely altered by the AP.. The benzo doesnt help anyway so i shouldnt have any problems quitting it. I guess ill save it for when i get better. Its just really hard seeming that i have nothing to live for anymore. It just seems so unfair. The doctor who did this to me im sure had no remorse for what hes doing. Hes a prick in my book.

Anafranil 100mg

I hope you are feeling a bit better Redmanone. Just remember, your feelings and emotions will come back. As for the benzo you are holding onto, if I were you I would use it ONLY for extreme emergencies. Even if it feels like it's not doing anything you can still become addicted to it and you DO NOT want to become addicted to a benzo. That's where I am and it sucks.

Hang in there, healing is coming, don't give up and I'll do the same.

2001-04 Polypharmacy to include Paxil,Celexa, Risperdal, Seroquel, Depakote, Ambien, Geodon, Valium, Ativan, Haldol

03/04-11/04 Abilify

11/04-05/07 CT Abilify Non symptomatic

6/07 took Valium, began to experience altered reality and physical symptoms of withdrawal from Valium.

07/08. Abilify 2 mg, 12/08 Abilify 1 mg, 03/09 Abilify 0 mg, 03/08-06/11Altered reality but fully functional

10/12 hospitalized, Invega Depot, 2 shots discontinued, severe insomnia

6/14-10/14 flexeril, discontinued, developed insomnia; 10/14 10 mg Doxepin I week, no help with insomnia; 10/14 Remeron for two days, paradoxical reaction

Present Risperdal 1mg, clonazepam 2 mg, Restoril 15 mg. Went from .5 to 1 to 1.5 to 2mg of clonazepam in 2014. Also in 2014, tapered from 2 mg risperdal to 1.5 (fairly slowly but still too fast) and had to up dose back to 2 mg. Got liquid risperdal and started from 2 mg again.

Thanks adagioo for the advice, i only use it when i need it. Bad thing is it takes a while to work. Its not fast acting like xanax or klonopin. And no osk, sadly im still far from recovered. I got another test done and it said i have 6.4ng/ml of invega still left in me... Gonna be awhile still. :(

Anafranil 100mg

You just keep holding on Red. And keep remembering, you are off the Invega and Zoloft. Try as hard as you can not to add anything else to the mix. Being off the medication can be a big psychological boost for some people. You are way ahead of me I can tell you that.

But I do validate and understand that you are suffering. Peace of mind and healing to you.

2001-04 Polypharmacy to include Paxil,Celexa, Risperdal, Seroquel, Depakote, Ambien, Geodon, Valium, Ativan, Haldol

03/04-11/04 Abilify

6/07 took Valium, began to experience altered reality and physical symptoms of withdrawal from Valium.

07/08. Abilify 2 mg, 12/08 Abilify 1 mg, 03/09 Abilify 0 mg, 03/08-06/11Altered reality but fully functional

6/14-10/14 flexeril, discontinued, developed insomnia; 10/14 10 mg Doxepin I week, no help with insomnia; 10/14 Remeron for two days, paradoxical reaction

Present Risperdal 1mg, clonazepam 2 mg, Restoril 15 mg. Went from .5 to 1 to 1.5 to 2mg of clonazepam in 2014. Also in 2014, tapered from 2 mg risperdal to 1.5 (fairly slowly but still too fast) and had to up dose back to 2 mg. Got liquid risperdal and started from 2 mg again.

Adagioo, as of right now i am drug free. Off of all the ADs. They were of no help anyway. Im not so sure im ahead of you really because i still have the drug remnants in my body and its preventing me from feeling any better. Ive completely lost my appetite. Food makes me want to vomit now.

Anafranil 100mg

So sorry for your suffering Redmanone. I pretty much know what you feel like and it sucks. Congratulations on being drug free.

Try to eat frequent little meals, you need food to help you heal.

I can sense the deep disappointment in your post. Just hang on. Things will begin to change for you for the better. Better days are most certainly ahead.

03/04-11/04 Abilify

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks adagioo for the advice, i only use it when i need it. Bad thing is it takes a while to work. Its not fast acting like xanax or klonopin. And no osk, sadly im still far from recovered. I got another test done and it said i have 6.4ng/ml of invega still left in me... Gonna be awhile still. :(

Ahhh, I think you are taking Restoril prn for anxiety?  I just hope it's not more than once, twice a week most.  Would you put Restoril in your sig. line please?  Thanks    At present, Shamaan is active in the benzo forum.  She became dependent on Xanax after one week of regular use.

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Guys, i can say that it does get better. It may take many a months but your brain will heal. I am not fully recovered, but i am definitely better than i was a year ago. I want to encourage everyone that is going through hard times because of a medication to not give up and i promise if you wait, better times are ahead. Peace, love, and healing to all.

Anafranil 100mg

• 7 months later...

Red man! How are you doing? I got the exact same invega regimen 5 monthes ago, so curious to hear your progress. Curse invega! Karma to psychiatrists! I realize now the reason this situation doesn't make sense is because people, our economic system , and hospitals are stupid!!  :P

• 3 weeks later...

Has any one heard from Redman? I am going through the exact same thing he was, I am at 4.5 monthes. These are lobotomizing drugs that cause Deactivation Syndrome. The D2 blockage is very serious and has profound repercussions throughout the brain.  There is nothing casual about these drugs. These doctors are summarily torturing and potentially executing people. Who are you if they block off your frontal lobe? An animal that needs to survive?

I need to know how Redman is doing, as it pertains to how I will be doing over the next coming year. 

Thank you if any of you have talked to him or know how to get him to sign on here. 

B

Brain Disabling Treatments in Psychiatry. :by Peter Breggin - - Google this book along with the keywords: neuroleptic, deactivation syndrome, and chemical lobotomy. This is the specific information you want on the topic

• Administrator

You might try sending him a personal message. We'd all like to hear how he's doing now.

• 2 years later...