Cigi Please help me

Cigi

Was on Luvox 250. Tapered too fast. March 18 to May 31 doing abilify 20 mg same time. Naturopath put me on hardy nutritionals 15,a day with 9 amino acids. On klonopin 1.5 mg. still on klonopin same. I have Lyme disease. Hyponatremia salt drops psych symptoms snd hirmones crazy was, through with menopsuse in November. Want to be committed cause can't think right but my husbsnd insists not to they're not gonna fix the problem. Depersonslization for 5,years. Naturopath put me on 4 mg abilify for a week. And did nothing so took me off snd took off hirmone patch same time. And progesterone. I want to die. My life I knew is over and working with top Dr's and no one can stabilize me with slit going on. Neuro Lyme. Klonopin causes dp. Vision is so bad. I'm lost.

• Administrator

Welcome, CIgi.

Did you go off 20mg Abilify and 250mg Luvox at the same time in May? How did you go off each drug? How long were you taking each drug?

What are your current symptoms? Do they follow any daily pattern?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Yes. My psych said I was supposed to but my homeopath said too fast. Anxiety scratching self. Catastrophic thinking. Was

Not to go to hosp. Dp no rational thinking. No pattern. Completely erratic. Dp dr beyond belief panic

• Administrator

Do you have any Luvox left? You might try a very small amount, such as 25mg, and see if that helps.

This topic explains how to make a liquid so you can take a small amount of Luvox: Tips for tapering off Luvox (fluvoxamine)

If it helps, you would take this for a while until you feel better, then taper off by very small amounts.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

My homeopath will not put me on anything. My psych will give me snything. After reading damage this can for I don't know if I want to go back on anything but I can't stay like this. My dp came from Lyme but is so now out of control I have OCD and believe everything. My husband doesn't know what. I might go back on Iv for the Lyme but am afraid my nerves can't take it.

Well, getting committed won't help - they'll just pump you full of antipsycotic medication -which produces nasty rebound psycosis - so in the long run  you could end up in the same place with the added "joy" of psycosis to deal with.  I wouldn't recommend that route.

Putting people on klonopin as high as your dose for depersonalization should be a crime.  That makes absolutely no sense for long term health.

At least some of your symptoms are probably caused by a rapid luvox taper and the subsequent withdrawal symptoms.  I think this is why Altostrata recommended reinstating a small dose.

In my opinion, sticking to the homeopath or neuropath is probably your best bet - at least they're not going to pump you full of neurotoxic psyciatric medication (they won't SAY it's damaging, of course).  I don't have any experience with these sorts of doctors, but from my understanding, they seem to be more "lifestyle" and "natural" health oriented, rather than using pharmaceutical drugs to "stabilize you" in the short term.  They might give you herbs and supplements and stuff - (which are just basically highly overpriced placebo pills and IMO ) - but they won't damage you - and thus represent the SAFEST doctors to go to. 

Some questions:

1)  So what are your symptoms right now?  Can you detail them a bit more specifically - like list them out and tell us when they're worse or better.  ETc.

2)  What has the lyme IV done for your symptoms in the past?  Does it help MARKEDLY, or is it just a vague improvement that's hard to define?  No help?

• Administrator

Cigi, I've given you my best advice. No one wants to reinstate.

If you do not wish to reinstate, you will have to deal with withdrawal syndrome. There is no easy fix for this, despite what you may hear from alternative practitioners. Withdrawal syndrome cannot be treated as though it was "depression."

If you do not wish to reinstate, see the Symptoms and Self-Care forum for ways to deal with symptoms

Thank you. I just got back from the Er. I have hyponatremia, siadh when salt drops I get severe anxiety dp symptoms magnified by much. I take 7000 mg salt a day and lasix. My salt was too low so my psych symptoms are magnified much. I don't know withdrawl, salt, Lyme, hormones, all ended up in my head. I'm sticking to my homeopath but have appt with Lyme doc to see what if its neuropsychiatrist Lyme which I have. I. Confused and tired but appreciate your suggestions. I do Iv rocephin before with Iv Zithromax and that got me out of dp I to remission. I don't know anything anymore.