happygirl77 looking for meaning

happygirl77

Went the whole night without sleep last night. I'm a happy kind of person, but I feel completely without hope. Too Sick to carry on but too scared to try drugs.

I had a terrible reaction to cirtralopram last year, the thought that may happen again is beyond hellish.

Prozac 1996 20 mg for 2 months.  1999 seroxat 10mg until 2004 then prozac 20mg for 2 years then 10mg untill december 2013. CT also took occasional  lorazepam untill november 2013

try not to concentrate on sleep, you will only wind yourself up when it comes to bedtime.

just try to lie there and let your mind drift. It will be difficult but you will eventually nod off even if only for a few hours.

1997 - 2001 Seroxat 10mg

2001 - 2013 Escitalopram 10mg

Gradual taper from 10mg to 5mg over 2.5 years (between 2011 - 2013)

Last taper from 5mg to 0 under advice from doctor done in 1 month (too damn fast!) - included missing out days.

Have been drug free since Oct 2013.  - Yep 5 years drugs free

• 2 weeks later...

My Dr has prescribed me a low dose of Lofrepramine. He says i should stabilise on it then slowley reduce. Has anyone tried this ? starting on 10mg which he says is way below the normal starting dose.

Prozac 1996 20 mg for 2 months.  1999 seroxat 10mg until 2004 then prozac 20mg for 2 years then 10mg untill december 2013. CT also took occasional  lorazepam untill november 2013

here is some info about that med - http://www.nhs.uk/medicine-guides/pages/MedicineOverview.aspx?condition=Depression&medicine=lofepramine%20hydrochloride

If you are in protracted withdrawal then I would be careful of adding anything else in the mix.  I'm sure someone with better knowledge will be a long soon to answer your question.

Namaste.

1997 - 2001 Seroxat 10mg

Last taper from 5mg to 0 under advice from doctor done in 1 month (too damn fast!) - included missing out days.

Thank you. Im very nervous about taking it. but i do want to be well, i have been ill for almost 18months. If i had had these "windows" i keep reading about i would hold off but i have'nt. I have had a day here and there where it has not been quite as bad but they are few and far between and lat more hours than day.

I read a article by Dr David Healy a while ago where he suggested low dose of imprimine in protracted withdrawal. Lofrepramine is similar to imprimine and maybe will help with pain as well. In my heart i know this is the withdrawal as i never had any of these symptoms prior.

Thank you. Im very nervous about taking it. but i do want to be well, i have been ill for almost 18months. If i had had these "windows" i keep reading about i would hold off but i have'nt. I have had a day here and there where it has not been quite as bad but they are few and far between and lat more hours than day.

I read a article by Dr David Healy a while ago where he suggested low dose of imprimine in protracted withdrawal. Lofrepramine is similar to imprimine and maybe will help with pain as well. In my heart i know this is the withdrawal as i never had any of these symptoms prior.

Do you know which article that was?  Could you post the link here, I would be interested in reading it.

I'll have a look see if I can find it.

• Moderator Emeritus

Do you know which article that was?  Could you post the link here, I would be interested in reading it.

I think this one, Osk.

http://davidhealy.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/DBM-Paper-Halting-Antidepressants.pdf

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Yes that was the article. It seems all guess work though as later he says the best option may be to avoid all psychotropics including antihistamines. He does say though that the majority of people will recover although this may take years. What a torturous way to live, not knowing if next month may be your month to show improvement but also watching the months role by with little sign of any. Also not knowing if a prescribed drug will help in my recovery or hinder it. I have to laugh at how hopeless i sometimes feel. so glad I sense a sense of humour still intact.

My new Dr refuses to prescribe any SSRI after what has happened, she says some people should never ever take them. shame this was not known 18 years ago.

Yep I know..how we wish we all had known eh? X

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

Yeah I thought that was really strange about that article and guesswork.

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Psychiatry is stab in dark medicine. So i suppose it seems logical that it is guesswork.

Im scared to not try anything to resolve but iv had my fingers burned and that is actually more scary than trying something new  

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Has anyone else received a diagnosis of fibromyalgia and cfs in withdrawal ? I have been given this diagnosis this week. The doctors want to start me on 10mg of amiltriptyline at night for pain and sleep.

I have gone so long without drugs now I'm terrified to start that merry ground again, but surely I would have seen improvements in nearly 18 months off ssris ?

• Administrator

Many of us have had symptoms that could be diagnosed as fibromyalgia or cfs. See discussions in the Symptoms and Self-Care forum http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/forum/8-symptoms-and-self-care/

I had pain in my arms and shoulders for 1.5 years. Acupuncture helped. Chiropractic and physical therapy are also options.

How are you sleeping?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

My pain in mainly in my neck, upper back and shoulder.

My sleep is strange Alto, i swing between horrendous insomnia and periods of more sleep but I almost prefer the insomnia. The sleep feels heavy and almost drugged. If I ever nap it feels like I'm swimming through some kind of toxic sludge. I wake up panicky and teary.

On the plus side I have not had one cold since this all began.

Has anyone seen dr David Healy in the uk? I have looked on the website and it is around £350 for a online consult for 50 minutes

Tried to get appt but he is flat out

He did email me back love and light and said if your GP refers me to him he would see me on the NHS

My GP I meant to say.

Yes my would not or rather my health board would not. Good luck.

I don't think I will ask it will just upset me when they say no. I suspect they think I'm just depressed and would feel much better if I just take the meds they prescribe instead of questioning everything. Saying that the last pych doctor said some people should never take pych drugs and I'm one off them. Talk about shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

I think I will save and see him private.

And wait forever to see him I think happygirl

I know. Worth a shot though, Iv been like this nearly 2 years another few months won't hurt. ;)

He also made it quite clear that he would not take over my care or prescribe medication. His appointments are to help confirm withdrawal syndrome or problems with medication only.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it normal that extended sleep or even a normal amount of sleep can exacerbate symptoms ? I have definetley noticed that on the rare nights I sleep more I feel more depressed and disorientated and experience more pain and anxiety. Sleep does not feel like normal sleep, it feel anxious and like I'm swimming to get out of some toxic mud. I know that sounds crazy but it's how it is. I slept great before ADs and good whilst on them. I just don't understand this and have struggled to find anything online apart from sleep

Deprivation can apparently improve depression temporarily but that just does not fit with me.

Hello Happy Girl,

I hope you are on the mend.

I wonder the same thing in regards to my sleep.

Except, I tend to feel less depressed when I get more sleep, but more anxiety upon wakening after better sleep.

I have no explanations as to why this is. I wish I did.

Just wanted to let you know I am here.

Best wishes,

Tgirl

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

June 2014 abilify 2.5 remeron wasn't working so abilify was then added

September 2014 woke up with anxiety x 100!!!!

Pdoc then took me from 45 to 7.5 within a month and took abilify from 2.5 to 0

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Vitamin d 5,000 iu taking for about 3 years

October 2014 added fish oil/omega 3 1000 mg per day

Levothyroxitine 100 10 years or so

Dec 2014 started tapering 10% every 10 days-no problems.

August 2015 down to 0.1 mg

Woke up with severe anxiety-sleep issues-racing thoughts-depression. 9/9/15 up dose 1 mg.

Hi Tgirl

Thank you for your message. It's so strange how sleep can effect things. I have nights of 3-4 hrs and I actually feel better than 7. I also feel more anxiety after more sleep. I hope you feel better soon too x

• 1 month later...

Hi happygirl77.... how are you these days?  is normal sleep returning? I had insomnia for a couple of months around the 8 month mark and it was soul destroying. I did manage to keep going at work though, so that was something positive.

Namaste.

1997 - 2001 Seroxat 10mg