Shaaje off paroxetine

Shaaje

Hello everybody. :)
Before writing, I specify that I am French and that I understand well the translations but I can have difficulty in be understood by writing.  So maybe some people can't read my post because my english sucks ;)  . Do not hesitate to tell it to me.
I am going to write just a little my story and I shall ask my question later.

I am in depression since the age of 16 years (a lot of mourning in my life), today I am 27 years old. I have obsessional disorders compulsive since 2009. I lived a mourning 5 years ago (again) and I was able to look after my depression. Today I have medicine treatment ( I began to stop in a progressive way). For more indication, i  stop "stresam" (there is two week approximately), decrease "temesta" (since a few months) and complete stop of deroxat since Monday, July 13th, 2015 and I have only temesta and 1/2 of the "sedatif pc" (homoeopathy) in treatment since Monday. And I admit the stop  of the "déroxat" and the period of weaning is hell for two days (intoxication, fatigue, sensation of electricity in my body, and gastric problem) .  I wanted to know how long this kind of symptoms lasted . I know that every person is different (I work in psychiatique environment, I see different people every day and their reaction are not the same) but I need to know if it is "normal" because I admit it I did not tell my family or my friends that I was in weaning. I need to do my job this monday and i have a difficult to support the secondary effects. I want to know if natural products can decrease the effects of the weaning. Here, in France we call it " grandmother's remedies ".

I know some people can help me to understand my symptoms and if the Atlantic Ocean does not give the impression to you of being too much big to cross by internet :D , I shall like speaking with people having lived " hell " of a silent disease as the depression or one other ,because for years, I learnt to know me (thanks to my will, to some psychologist) but who of better than to help and to be helped by people who lived " hell " too?  and now I do not speak of you capacity to support my horrible English in writing. :P

Thank you to read me and i hope some answers please !

Shaaje

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome Shaaje,

Thank you for posting. I think I can understand your English, but just to make sure, is this right?

You stopped taking stresam (etifoxine) two weeks ago

You cut your temesta (Lorazepam) dose in half a few months ago

You stopped taking deroxat (paxil) one week ago?

Withdrawal symptoms can last a long time for some people if you don't taper properly. We suggest reducing by no more than 10% of the current dose every 4 weeks, this reduces the risk of withdrawal symptoms arising. Please read through this which will explain why:

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Also see:   About reinstating and stabilizing to stop withdrawal symptoms   and   Tips for tapering off Paxil (paroxetine)

We have another member who is also from France, perhaps you might light to contact Stan, he has been a member here and on other forums for a long time and may be willing to answer you questions in your own language. Here is a link to his profile with contact details:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/user/45-stan/

Please feel free to write whenever you want, you will find a lot of friendly help and support here.

Petunia.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes