Rosy Withdrawal symptoms of Cymgen

Rosy

I'm off Cymgen now for 2 weeks after tapering it off slowly.  I firstly tried to break the  capsule in half and drank it like that every day but felt sick after 2 weeks.  Then I drank 30mg once every 2 days for 2 weeks and then every 3rd day for 2 weeks.

I'm feeling terrible.  I have some days extreme anxiety, back pain, nausea.  Might this be withdrawal symptoms?  How can I make it easier and to feel better?

On Cymgen since 2011.

Menopausal since 2014 - on several HRT (do still have ovaries and womb in tact) - Anqelique for 3 months; then Livifem (6 months); then Femoston Conti (1mg) for 5 months; then Novofem (1 month);  now clean for 1 month.  Since Jan 2015 I'm on Remeron (7,5mg).

Severe anxiety experienced after a while on each HRT - doctors realized then it was actually my Blood pressure that was sky high. 

Now on Cozaar (25mg) as well.  Psychiatrist felt that I have to wean off Cymgen (30mg) as it might causes anxiety after my GP increased the dosage to 60mg and I felt terrible on it. Then psychiatrist also prescribed Trazodone (50mg) and Purblocka (10mg x 3/d) for anxiety.

I'm started to wean off since beginning June 2015 - breaking capsules in half and drink half a capsule every day, but became very sick after 2 weeks.  Then GP suggested I drank it full dosage again for 4 days and then wean it off drinking full dosage (30mg) every 2 days for 2 weeks, and then one pill every 3rd day for 2 weeks, which I did. I'm off the Cymgen now for 2 weeks, but get severe back pains, dizziness, anxiety etc.

So I'm only drinking now:

Remeron 7,5mg

Trazedone (50mg)

Cozaar (25mg)

Purblocka (10mg x 3/d)

I also want to know if it might not be withdrawal symptoms of Cymgen - might it be the Trazadone that is not working for me?  My mouth is also burning and during the nights I'm getting chills as if it is cold fever.  I hope someone can inform me better about this, because my psychiatrist don't respond to any of my calls and my GP only said that 2 weeks it can't be the withdrawal symptoms of Cymgen. The doctors all think that I'm just anxious, but they have no idea through which hell I'm going.

On Cymgen since 2011.

Menopausal since 2014 - on several HRT (do still have ovaries and womb in tact) - Anqelique for 3 months; then Livifem (6 months); then Femoston Conti (1mg) for 5 months; then Novofem (1 month);  now clean for 1 month.  Since Jan 2015 I'm on Remeron (7,5mg).

Severe anxiety experienced after a while on each HRT - doctors realized then it was actually my Blood pressure that was sky high. 

Now on Cozaar (25mg) as well.  Psychiatrist felt that I have to wean off Cymgen (30mg) as it might causes anxiety after my GP increased the dosage to 60mg and I felt terrible on it. Then psychiatrist also prescribed Trazodone (50mg) and Purblocka (10mg x 3/d) for anxiety.

I'm started to wean off since beginning June 2015 - breaking capsules in half and drink half a capsule every day, but became very sick after 2 weeks.  Then GP suggested I drank it full dosage again for 4 days and then wean it off drinking full dosage (30mg) every 2 days for 2 weeks, and then one pill every 3rd day for 2 weeks, which I did. I'm off the Cymgen now for 2 weeks, but get severe back pains, dizziness, anxiety etc.

Remeron 7,5mg

Trazedone (50mg)

Cozaar (25mg)

Purblocka (10mg x 3/d)

If one has been on several anti-depressants, will it be possible to get off it for life?  I want my life back and 4 years back a psychiatrist put me on Cymgen and when I strike menopause, my problems began!!  I have to wean off Cymgen and it is hell.  I don't want to drink any anti-depressant anymore, but I'm suffering from anxiety!  Will I every be cured??

On Cymgen since 2011.

Remeron 7,5mg

Trazedone (50mg)

Cozaar (25mg)

Purblocka (10mg x 3/d)

BAD idea. You went too fast. Skipping dosages is the worst thing you can do. Waiting for a mod to help. I pmd you

Was on Citalopram 20mg since Feb 2008 - switched to Paxil 20mg in August 2010

Tapered way too fast in April 2012 by skipping days. Taper completed in 6 weeks

Tried prozac 20mg for 3 days - felt spaced out, not better.

Tried 30mg Cymbalta for 2 days. SEVERE ADVERSE REACTION

Antidepressant free since 14 August 2012

Birth control on and off during this time - Last taken 18 June 2017 - Morning after pill 

Started mainly using 0.5mg Xanax beginning 2016 for severe panic attacks and anxiety due to trauma

Xanax on and off never more than 0.5mg at a time, never taking it 3 days in a row - used sparingly 

6 Years antidepressant free - Still in severe withdrawal with over 60 symptoms

Severe setback started May 2018 with no let up to date. Developed many new symptoms like tremors, inner vibrations, insomnia, visual distortions and dr/dp are 100x worse, i have severe sensitivity to movement, My dizziness and vertigo got worse and it now feels like im constantly rocking on a boat, my anxiety is sky high, suicidal idiation is back, i feel extremely brain damaged 

• Administrator

Welcome, Rosy.

It sounds to me like you have withdrawal symptoms from Cymgen (duloxetine). Doctors do not realize this can last for far longer than 2 weeks. It can last for months or years.

Do you have any Cymgen left? If I were  you, I would immediately open a capsule and take 10 beads. Do this every day at the same time.

If you do not have any Cymgen left, phone your doctor, say you want to go back on it, and request an immediate prescription.

This should reduce withdrawal symptoms. If it works, you would stay at this dosage for some time, perhaps months, and then do a proper slow taper. See

What is withdrawal syndrome?

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Tips for tapering off Cymbalta (duloxetine)

Also see Tips for tapering off trazodone (Desyrel)

Please put ALL the drugs you take in the Drug Interactions Checker http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html and copy and paste the results in this topic.

Thank you, NoMeaning, for your fast response to Rosy.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi Rosy-- welcome to the group. I'm so sorry that you're feeling so bad. Looks like Alto can type faster than I can, she posted just as I was writing this and gave you the links I was going to suggest you look at.  Well, again welcome to the group.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Thank you guys, I have already looked at the links.  I was surprised to see that there's some severe interactions between Trazedone and Remeron, but the psychiatrist keep on telling me that the medicine that she prescribed are safe!! What should I do now?  If I'm taking Cymgen, it also makes me feel bad - so I'm so afraid to take some of it again.  It feels like I'm in the middle of a dessert!!

On Cymgen since 2011.

Remeron 7,5mg

Trazedone (50mg)

Cozaar (25mg)

Purblocka (10mg x 3/d)

Hi Rosy--  After you've read some of the threads here you will come to the understanding that doctors have very little idea what these drugs do and how to use them, personally I wouldn't trust what your doctor tells you. 

The suffering that a person can go through during WD can be very intense and often times it is a choice between feeling bad and feeling horrible.  Everything we suggest is to try and minimize the feeling horrible.  The years you spent taking Cymgen has made your brain very use to its being there.  If you don't take it away very slowly your brain gets very upset and starts screaming for it.  The idea behind taking the 10 beads that Alto suggested, is to placate your brain and try to get it to stop screaming by giving it a little bit of what it wants. If you start taking the 10 beads today things should start to calm down in a few days to a few weeks.  Then once things quiet down you can taper off of that amount slowly.

Just remember that even though you're in the middle of the dessert, you have a lot of friends around you.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking