TRP Paxil withdrawal & new to group

TRP

Hi, I'm new here and I am now going back up on my Paxil from 40-50mg a day. I was on 60mg and my ex psych doc told me I had to go down because anything above 40mg Paxil could cause me to go into cardiac arrest. He said this was s study done by the FDA. Not sure how true it is. Anyway, it took me about 6 months to taper from 60-40mgs. I felt like I had the flu and sometimes thought I was getting a sinus infection. Headaches almost everyday and always woke up in the morning feeling like crap until around 2 or 3 in the afternoon. Seeing a new doc now after I had a med supplement reaction and he wants me to go back up to 60 after all that suffering. I am currently going through what I believe to be a benzo withdrawal from the interaction with the supplement I had back in July. Panic and anxiety daily.

• Administrator

Welcome, TRP.

60mg Paxil is indeed a very high dose of Paxil. Adverse effects of paroxetine are described here http://www.drugs.com/pro/paroxetine.html

You are describing withdrawal symptoms from Paxil and possibly a benzo?

To help us out, see these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature

Please put ALL the drugs you take in the Drug Interactions Checker http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html and copy and paste the results in this topic.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Welcome, TRP! How long have you been on paxil?

What kind of supplements were you taking?

Been on Paxil since 96”-97”, 40mg tried 3 times to get off and didn’t work, started a very slow taper Jan 2016, have only dropped down by 3 mg.. on 37mg currently.. have very delayed withdrawals. Last drop was in July 2017.. still have waves and windows. 

Magnesium 200mg, foilc acid 1 mg, vitamin d3 5000iu, Blood pressure meds-Verapamil & Irbesartan... Smoke cbd flower once in awhile.