siran: im new hear nead some advise

siran

im on anti depression now for 4 months... actually sertaline.. from the child hood i had no friends and very shame person (now i recognise it is due to social phobia) i got panic attackes in the exam hall due to exam and fainted in every exams more than 10 times) after that i went to see a doctor and he prescribed me this ssri .. after i have been on ssri for 4 months i feel very very greate now i can talk with people and my depression has reduced very much i feel my self.. i feel like im anew born .. many people i have asked told me not to continue the drug.. i have started taper very slowly actualy 10 %...i fear if i stop the drug.. will this anxiety and depression will come again.. give me some advises how can i mange my anxiety without drug.. and should i continue my taper... although im 24 four years im like a child because of my fear and anxiety...give me some advises to be a man..im actually a boy i have to live i cant be like this ....

anxiety and depression fainted in the exam hall.. june 6 started floxetien

floxetien did not work properly switched to  sertaline 50 mg

october 6 ;felt a little better but anxiety still there

november 6 anxiety depression recuced

december 3rd start tapering sertalie 2.5 mg taperd from 50 mg  still ok

december 13 start tapering 5 mg first day was ok

december 14th due to the taper felt very much sleepy and anxious..

decided no more tapering due to the exam on january 14th

but decided to progress with 42.5 mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Siran,

Sorry to hear you are struggling.  I think it is good that you are starting to taper and doing it at 10% as we recommend.

It would be if you could put your drug history in your signature so that other members can see it when you post.

Please put your Withdrawal History in Signature OR  Complete your Signature from Phone or Tablet

Studies suggest that it is the drug that prolongs and exacerbates depression and that if left on its own most depressions will resolve in 3-6 months on their own.  If you were to find yourself with any underlying issues after you were off the drug, you would have the chance to develop tools in life to learn to deal with them. Yoga, meditation, breathing, Qi Gong, etc. are all options to deal with those conditions and do not have the long-term downsides of anti-depressant medications.

There is no advice to "be a man."  There are plenty of people who deal with anxiety and depression who are male and this condition does not make you less of a man.

The manly thing to do is to learn to deal with these issues without medicines.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome Siran,

You posted in many places - please ask your questions and put your information in this thread, so that we can see your whole story in one place.

How much Sertraline were you prescribed?  How long have you been on it, and at what doses, if possible?

When did you start tapering?

Have you only done one 10% reduction?  When did you do that?

Please put this information in your signature, so we can see it everywhere that you post:  How to complete your Signature

Complete your Signature from Phone or Tablet

It is very important that you want to come off of your drugs, that you are not just giving in to pressure from people around you.  

Coming off of psychiatric drugs is an important decision and not one to be made lightly. 

If you want to taper, you can minimize symptoms, but if you approach the process in fear, it is probably not a good idea.

Here are some thoughts to consider before starting a taper.

and

How long has it been since you reduced your dose, and are you having any symptoms?

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi siran,

I joined your two introduction topics together, its one intro/update thread per member. As JanCarol wrote, you can use this thread as your ongoing journal to track progress, write about symptoms, ask questions and communicate with the community, add to it whenever you want. Its a good idea to bookmark it or follow it, so its easy to find again.

Petunia.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• 1 month later...

gyes please some one give me some idea..i was

on zoloft(sertaline... zortal 50 mg) for 5 months

and finally taperd to 25 mg. now im gonna take

25 today but i bought the tablet without seeing

the brand name it says( zosert 25 ) sertaline

hyro chloride.. is it. ok to take this. one or

should i tKe only the zortal

anxiety and depression fainted in the exam hall.. june 6 started floxetien

floxetien did not work properly switched to  sertaline 50 mg

october 6 ;felt a little better but anxiety still there

november 6 anxiety depression recuced

december 3rd start tapering sertalie 2.5 mg taperd from 50 mg  still ok

december 13 start tapering 5 mg first day was ok

december 14th due to the taper felt very much sleepy and anxious..

decided no more tapering due to the exam on january 14th

but decided to progress with 42.5 mg

I would take it back better to be safe

Started Effexor August 2012 Sept'12-150mg=extreme anxiety Oct'12 cut half-75mg severe wds

Feb 2013 68.5mg. Mar'13- 65mg. Apr'13-59mg. May'13-57mg. June '13-52mg Aug'13 49.75mg.

Sep'13-48.75. Nov'13-47mg Dec'13-45..5mg

May 2014 42mg. Jun'14 40mg (depressive mood started). Aug'14 -40mg/ started brintellix 2.5mg

Oct '14 -39 Nov'14 36.89 Dec'14 34.45

Jan 2015- 31 Feb'15 29mg. Mar'15 26.72. Apr'15 24.48. May'15 22.31mg. Jun'15 20.30mg

Aug'15-18.89. Oct'15 16.96. Nov/16- 16.10. Dec/15- 15mg

Jan 2016-14.22. May'16 11.45. Aug'16-9.60. Sep/16- 8.88mg. Oct/16- 8.39mg. Nov/16- 8.13. Dec/16- 7.89

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi siran,

I merged this with your original intro so all your information will be kept together.  Whenever you want to post, please just reply to this thread, as it's only one intro thread per member. 

Switching brands:  Some people do have a little trouble with this, others are fine.  To avoid any problems it's probably best to go back and get the same brand.

Karen

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.