Soniak: Help. Is there hope for me ?

Soniak

Help. I was given Kavanice from my acupuncturist. 2010-2015 I took it every night. No one told me it was addictive. I didn't even have sleep problems to begin with. So I went three weeks barely any sleep until I gave in and took Ativan. I didn't want to take a benzo. Joke on me. Little did I realize I was taking one for 5 years. So doc put me on trazadone then klonopin lexapro trazadone ended up in mental

Hospital added Paxil there and Gabapenton. Took myself off of klonopin Gabapenton and weaned off trazadone. Stayed on Paxil. Found dr that promised me I could ct Paxil with aminos. It backfired. I ended up being put back on dalmane Prozac and trazadone. Weaned off of dalmane. From 30 to 5 mg doc added seroquil 300 mg. ended up in yet another treatment center. Took me off dalmane. Gabapenton and switched Prozac to Paxil. I'm currently on Paxil 10 mg trazadone 75 and seroquil 100. I'm not stable. Not at all. And I'm scared that I'm not going to feel normal ever again. ???? I need reassurance and advice.

Welcome, I'm sure a mod will be here soon to help you.  You have been put through the wringer with unnecessary medication and I am so sorry that happened to you.  You  hold tight. 

Paxil 20mg from 1998-2011 

Paxil 40mg from 2011-2012 while experiencing poopout

October 2013 quit cold turkey

Oct-mid Nov 2013 great window

Late November WD nightmare 

Windows and waves pattern 

Now: 28 months cold turkey...doing decent learning to deal with the windows/waves pattern fighting it every step of the way. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Soniak

Welcome to SA.  Coldturkmama just posted my sentiments.  I was about to say that you've been put through the mill!

Anyway, I am a mod, but I don't have enough experience or knowledge to offer any suggestions.  However the other mods will be able to.

Please list your current symptoms.  This will assist the mods.

To start with it would be really helpful if you would Please put your Withdrawal History in SignatureIt is important to please include ALL drugs, dates, doses and how you decreased/increased.  The more precise information that you can give will make it easier for the mods to be able to work out what is/has happened and be able to offer suggestions based on these details.

I suggest you put your current drugs (correct spelling:  trazodone and Seroquel) into the Drug Interactions Checker and copy and paste is here.

Have a read of these links which may help you to understand that the drug/s change the brain.  It may also help you to understand any suggestions that are made.

Introduction to AD Withdrawal Syndrome

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Brain Remodelling

Video:  Healing From Antidepressants - Patterns of Recovery

Edited by ChessieCat
asked for symptoms

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Read some of the links...so so helpful when you are in the throws of all this.

Paxil 20mg from 1998-2011 

Paxil 40mg from 2011-2012 while experiencing poopout

October 2013 quit cold turkey

Oct-mid Nov 2013 great window

Late November WD nightmare 

Windows and waves pattern 

Now: 28 months cold turkey...doing decent learning to deal with the windows/waves pattern fighting it every step of the way. 

• Mentor

Welcome to the group,  so sorry you have gone through so much........................              someone will be along with some advice soon.  

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.

welcome you found the right place !! I am sorry these doctors put you through all this for no reason. Its all too common and you are not alone . Things will get better 

Was on 30mg (Lexapro) for 7-8yrs20mg for 3 months (This was my choice my Doc wanted me to drop much faster)15 mg 2week10mg 2 weeks 5 mg 1 week0 since August 24th . PPI Dexlant  30 mg taper has begun. Cutting 20% currently.  using zantac as needed.  Benzo is currently 0.10mg 

• Administrator

Welcome, sonia.

How long have you been on your current combination of psychiatric drugs?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Altostrata

Paxil 1 month

Trazadone since October 2015

Seroquil since March 2016 dr put me on 300 mg then I was reduced to 100 when I was at treatment center. ( cold turkeyed me off of 5 mg dalmane also while I was there 5 weeks ago ). My brain is so off

Glad you found sa soniak.

You have found a safe place.

You are not alone.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Soniak - I'm glad you found us.

Yes, Kavanice can be habit forming.  It is also metabolized in the liver (and therefore should not be a long term drug), and Our Fearless Leader Alto says it is kin to a benzo - and must be tapered.  I would say worry about it later.

Please, we cannot do much until we get your signature.  Are you on a phone?  Perhaps these instructions will help:

Complete your Signature from Phone or Tablet  and

How To Use Surviving Antidepressants from a Phone  (video!)

We need dates you were put on, dosages you were on - and what your current dosages of drugs are.  

It is also helpful to include any other drugs - like stomach acid, statins, blood pressure drugs, pain drugs that you are on - as some of these are actually psych drugs, and many of them (even if they aren't psych drugs) have effect on your mood.

You've come to the right place for a gradual, gentle, harm-reduction taper.  That's our specialty here at SA, and while we cannot diagnose or recommend drugs, we do have lots of suggestions for alternatives to drugs.

Please don't make any changes until we get your information in your signature.  Let's wait until you've stabilized a bit from your last changes, and then we'll look at what to taper first.  Even though you've been on some of the drugs a short time - it's been long enough that they've got their hooks in, and should be tapered in order to avoid the worst of the withdrawal symptoms.

See:  3 KIS's Keep It Simple, Slow, Stable and Rhi's description of healing the brain

You also, while you are waiting to stabilize, might consider:  Psych Central 6 Ways to Prepare for Antidepressant Withdrawal

Welcome to SA!  

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh yes, sorry to load you up with so many links, but you might also familiarize yourself with:

Multiple Psych Drugs - Which One To Taper First?

I hope you see the sun today!

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

• Administrator

I agree, worry about Kavinace later.

Since you've started taking Paxil, how has your symptom pattern changed? Can you remember exactly when you started it? What time of day do you take your drugs?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Altostrata I stopped taking kavanice Jan 2015. I believe it caused my anxiety depression and eventually insomnia. Drs didn't know what the heck was going on with me. So a series of meds followed. Eventually stabalize drastic summer ( somewhat ) and then did cold turkey Paxil w/d amino acid treatment. ( almost died ) went hypo manic. Was prescribed dalmane 30 mg Prozac 20 mg and trazadone. Once I tried to get off dalmane all hell broke loose. ( probably too fast ) Dr then put me on seroquil and tried to taper Prozac. Treatment center took me off dalmane ( I was at 5 mg) and added Paxil. 10 mg. and dropped my seroquil from 300 to 100 mg. gave me Gabapenton for 10 days. Fast forward to today. So that's where I'm at. Seroquil 100 mg evening. Trazadone 75 mg and Paxil 10 mg in morning. At this point I have no clue what's w/d and what is side effects from meds. I want to give up. But I have a lot to live for. I would say I sleep 8 hours a night. And I'm anxious and depressed every minute of the day. No windows. ????