Is there anything that will send someone in WD back to square 1, or worse?

Prohealer

I kind of posted this idea on my latest introduction update but nobody has seemed to respond yet. But I think it's an interesting idea and I really want to hear what people on here have to say.

But is there anything that will actively send me back to how I was a year ago when i came off meds for good or have I already recovered despite the mistakes I've made? (eg. abrupt diet changes, indulging on bad food, stress etc.) I'm talking apart from going back on meds again which my body is far too sensitive to do now anyway.

Just knowing that whatever I do is helping in the long run really encourages me to carry on. I cant always keep on track of everything this forum has to offer so I do what i can cope with without being too harsh on myself.

Apologies if this thread is in the wrong section.

2009: Put on Fluoxetine (20mg) and Risperdal (0.5mg) for OCD. Dose was increased a few weeks later to 40mg Fluoxetine and 1mg Risperdal.

2011: Began experiencing Depersonalisation and Visual Snow, general loss of energy and breast growth. Was kept on 40mg Fluoxetine until Late Dec 2015. Risperdal dosage varied and was kept on 0.5mg for a long while before Nov 2015.

Early Sep 2015: Began having symptoms of extreme anxiety, psychosis and hot flushes due to mixing illegal drugs.

Late Nov 2015: Psych doc raised Risperdal to 8mg. Began having severe and hellish Akathisia. Was kept being given Diazepam to cope.

Early Dec 2015: Began seeing a new psych doc who tapered me off Risperdal over a period of a few weeks and put me onto Quetiapine.

Late Dec 2015: Quick tapered off of everything due to little guidance.

Mid March 2016: Reinstated Fluoxetine (5mg), dose was increased to 10mg a couple of weeks later. Gave me restless legs and stopped taking immediately (RLS was unbearable).

10 May 2016: Unsuccessful Fluoxetine reinstatement at 1mg. Drug free since May 2016.

Diet (When Able): Low carb and sugar, high fat & dark greens. medium protein and fruit. Taking 100mg magnesium, 1000mg omega 3, 0.25mg Melatonin daily,. Drinking at least one mug of chamomile a day. Weekly Light exercise. Meditating daily and practising mindfulness.

"Come back to square one, just the minimum bare bones. Relaxing with the present moment, relaxing with hopelessness, relaxing with death, not resisting the fact that things end, that things pass, that things have no lasting substance, that everything is changing all the time—that is the basic message." – Pema Chodron

• 1 year later...
On 9/3/2016 at 2:48 PM, Prohealer said:

I kind of posted this idea on my latest introduction update but nobody has seemed to respond yet. But I think it's an interesting idea and I really want to hear what people on here have to say.

But is there anything that will actively send me back to how I was a year ago when i came off meds for good or have I already recovered despite the mistakes I've made? (eg. abrupt diet changes, indulging on bad food, stress etc.) I'm talking apart from going back on meds again which my body is far too sensitive to do now anyway.

Just knowing that whatever I do is helping in the long run really encourages me to carry on. I cant always keep on track of everything this forum has to offer so I do what i can cope with without being too harsh on myself.

Apologies if this thread is in the wrong section.

I'm not sure if it will set you back all the way, but I've seen alcohol take people a few steps back 

Lexapro 1/17 - 3/17 10 mg.  Switched to Elavil 3/27/17 10 mg

Upped to 20 mg June 5, 2017 3 days, back down to 10mg June 8

Up again to 20 mg June 12, 2017 4 days, back down to 10 June 16

9/17 dropped to 9.5 mg

11/17 dropped to 9.3mg

2/18/17 dropped to 8.8 mg

February 14/2018 Adverse reaction to zofran pill at clinic

10/7/19 8.48 mg

12/22/19 7.3 mg, 2/7/20 6.5 mg, 5/23/20 5.84 mg,  5/7/23 .70 mg

Thank you for responding to my thread Meeto.

In hindsight, I think Iv'e come to the personal conclusion that WD is a pretty up & down process despite what you do.

When I wrote this back in 2016 i was going through a pretty tough time and was pretty resistant to my situation. I don't think that what I was doing helped honestly but now though I'm a lot more accepting of the waves.

Either way its a forever onward moving process of learning, trial and error.

2009: Put on Fluoxetine (20mg) and Risperdal (0.5mg) for OCD. Dose was increased a few weeks later to 40mg Fluoxetine and 1mg Risperdal.

2011: Began experiencing Depersonalisation and Visual Snow, general loss of energy and breast growth. Was kept on 40mg Fluoxetine until Late Dec 2015. Risperdal dosage varied and was kept on 0.5mg for a long while before Nov 2015.

Early Sep 2015: Began having symptoms of extreme anxiety, psychosis and hot flushes due to mixing illegal drugs.

Late Nov 2015: Psych doc raised Risperdal to 8mg. Began having severe and hellish Akathisia. Was kept being given Diazepam to cope.

Early Dec 2015: Began seeing a new psych doc who tapered me off Risperdal over a period of a few weeks and put me onto Quetiapine.

Late Dec 2015: Quick tapered off of everything due to little guidance.

Mid March 2016: Reinstated Fluoxetine (5mg), dose was increased to 10mg a couple of weeks later. Gave me restless legs and stopped taking immediately (RLS was unbearable).

10 May 2016: Unsuccessful Fluoxetine reinstatement at 1mg. Drug free since May 2016.

Diet (When Able): Low carb and sugar, high fat & dark greens. medium protein and fruit. Taking 100mg magnesium, 1000mg omega 3, 0.25mg Melatonin daily,. Drinking at least one mug of chamomile a day. Weekly Light exercise. Meditating daily and practising mindfulness.

"Come back to square one, just the minimum bare bones. Relaxing with the present moment, relaxing with hopelessness, relaxing with death, not resisting the fact that things end, that things pass, that things have no lasting substance, that everything is changing all the time—that is the basic message." – Pema Chodron

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy