Breathing for mood and well being (yoga, Wim Hoff and other techniques)

Gem

Hi, I just discovered the amazing Wim Hof a few days ago. Since then I've been slowly increasing the breathing rounds I do in the morning and yesterday I experimented with finishing the last 30 seconds of my shower with it cold. Each time I do the breathing method I feel REALLY good, as if all the stress is leaving me my body; I feel open to new possibilities. I'm grieving after a rough breakup and this is exactly what I needed right now. Unfortunately, the worrier and anxious part of me can't help but wonder if I'm going to run into any issues since I take 50mg of fluvoxamine a day (I have not updated my signature for a while. I was tapering but bottomed out and ended back up to 50mg after 2 plus years of weaning myself off). It's encourages me that others have had success with this program while on antidepressants, but I always wonder how something--even something natural like the Wim Hof program--could possibly interact with taking an antidepressant. It's possible I'll be able to lower my dose and that would be wonderful! But the others who have tried this program do you feel it is safe while on medication? I know I'm probably thinking too much but I just wanted to hear from others who have used this program longer. Thanks! 

Started Prozac in 1994 at age 18 for treatment of OCD, anxiety, and major depression. Stayed on for about a year then went off cold turkey (As you know bad idea!) Began taking Paxil in 1996 but hated the drug and it's myriad side effects. Switched to fluvoxamine in 1997 and stayed on till 2003, on doses ranging from 25 to 300mg. Antidepressant free till 2009. Over prescribing of depo-testosterone led to increased anxiety and depression; fluvoxamine was reintroduced. Since then I've remained on that drug in doses ranging from 7 to 100mg (Had a failed taper along the way). Currently, I'm taking 25mg of fluvoxamine and .25 to .5 of Clonazepam on an as needed basis; .15ml depo-testosterone injected twice weekly; 300 to 450mg of liquid magnesium daily to treat anxiety; daily multivitamin. Also, I just finished a full-course of TMS for treatment resistant anxiety and depression to modest improvement (Hopefully improvement continues). And I float weekly in a sensory deprivation tank for its powerful anti-anxiety and antidepressant effects. I would like to get off the fluvoxamine once again 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Breathing for mood and well being (yoga, Wim Hoff and other techniques)
  • Moderator Emeritus

merged similar topics and added Wim Hoff to the title

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Hi @Bluesjunky76! I have been doing the WHM since 2015 or so. Did not encounter any negative effects. So to me it’s a beneficial thing to do. 

I think you don’t have to worry as long as you take it slowly and always listen to your body. Don’t push and you’ll be OK!

Antidepressant history

2001 - 2018: Paxil / seroxat (20 mgs), several failed c/t and taper attempts.

2018-September: last failed c/t attempt.

2018-October: reinstated Paxil (30 mgs)

2018-October thru 2019-January: Short-term Oxazepam & Diazepam use. Tapered off very slowly. Jumped 10Jan2019.

Brassmonkey Slide Method stats

Currently on hold on 0,1 mgpw after an updose due to becoming increasingly unstable.

Supplements: C, D, Magnesium

Miscellaneous: low on alcohol (1/2 times/year). No substance abuse. Lower carb diet with cheat days. Wim Hof Method. Buteyko. Calisthenics. Hiking.

• Altostrata changed the title to GiaK's yoga tips
  • 3 weeks later...

Unusual source, but a decent list of healing methods.

https://www.reddit.com/r/kundalini/wiki/h/

Would like to hear your opinion.

Take care.

╔═════════════╤════════════╤══════════╤═════╤═════╤══════════════╤═════╤═════╤══════════╤════════════╤═════╤═════╤═════╤═════╤═════╤═════╤═════╤═════╤═════╤═════╗
║ Name        │ Brand name │ 2022 Jun │ Jul │ Aug │ Sept         │ Oct │ Nov │ 2023 Jan │ Feb        │ Mar │ Apr │ May │ Jun │ Jul │ Aug │ Sep │ Oct │ Nov │ Dec ║
╠═════════════╪════════════╪══════════╧═════╧═════╧══════════════╧═════╧═════╧══════════╧════════════╧═════╧═════╧═════╧═════╧═════╧═════╧═════╧═════╧═════╪═════╣
║ Olanzapine  │ Zyprexa    │ 15                                                                                                                            │ 15  ║
╟─────────────┼────────────┼──────────┬─────┬─────┬──────────────┬──────────────────────┬────────────┬─────┬─────┬─────┬───────────────────────────────────┼─────╢
║ Sertraline  │ Zoloft     │ -        │ -   │ -   │ -> 25 -> 50  │ 50                   │ -> 25 -> 0 │ -   │ -   │ -   │ 50                                │ 50  ║
╟─────────────┼────────────┼──────────┴─────┴─────┴──────────────┴───────────┬──────────┼────────────┴─────┼─────┴─────┴─────┬─────┬─────┬─────────────────┼─────╢
║ Pregabalin  │ Lyrica     │ 300                                             │ 225      │ 300              │ 225             │ 150 │ 0   │ -               │ -   ║
╟─────────────┼────────────┼──────────────────────┬──────────────┬───────────┴──────────┴──────────────────┴─────────────────┴─────┴─────┴─────────────────┼─────╢
║ Amisulpride │ Solian     │ 200                  │ -> 100 -> 50 │ 0                                                                                       │ -   ║
╚═════════════╧════════════╧═════════════════════════════════════╧══════════════════════╧════════════╧═════════════════════════════════════════════════════╧═════╝

Suppl: D3 2000UI, B Complex, Magnesium, Fish oil

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy