blackhill4: Finally back :) withdrawal continues after 3 years 1 month

blackhill4

The Paxil might have done something to keep you from getting physical dependence on the Ativan?

There are trade-offs in this game, and trading withdrawal for Ativan addiction, which is miserable, is one you can consider, but I think toughing it out and using Ativan sparingly and for as short a duration as you can manage is the best bet. That seems to be your plan.

I might have already said that my sister said going off Ativan was the most miserable experience of her life, and Wildflower here would probably say the same.

Use the time when you have relief from symptoms to do things you enjoy...build up a happiness bank that you can remember when the bad times hit.

2009: Cancer hospital said I had adjustment disorder because I thought they were doing it wrong. Their headshrinker prescribed Effexor, and my life set on a new course. I didn't know what was ahead, like a passenger on Disneyland's Matterhorn, smiling and waving as it climbs...clink, clink, clink.

2010: Post surgical accidental Effexor discontinuation by nurses, masked by intravenous Dilaudid. (The car is balanced at the top of the track.) I get home, pop a Vicodin, and ...

Whooosh...down, down, down, down, down...goes the trajectory of my life, up goes my mood and tendency to think everything is a good idea.
2012: After the bipolar jig was up, now a walking bag of unrelated symptoms, I went crazy on Daytrana (the Ritalin skin patch by Noven), because ADHD was a perfect fit for a bag of unrelated symptoms. I was prescribed Effexor for the nervousness of it, and things got neurological. An EEG showed enough activity to warrant an epilepsy diagnosis rather than non-epileptic ("psychogenic") seizures.

:o 2013-2014: Quit everything and got worse. I probably went through DAWS: dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome. I drank to not feel, but I felt a lot: dread, fear, regret, grief: an utter sense of total loss of everything worth breathing about, for almost two years.

I was not suicidal but I wanted to be dead, at least dead to the experience of my own brain and body.

2015: I  began to recover after adding virgin coconut oil and organic grass-fed fed butter to a cup of instant coffee in the morning.

I did it hoping for mental acuity and better memory. After ten days of that, I was much better, mood-wise. Approximately neutral.

And, I experienced drowsiness. I could sleep. Not exactly happy, I did 30 days on Wellbutrin, because it had done me no harm in the past. 

I don't have the DAWS mood or state of mind. It never feel like doing anything if it means standing up.

In fact, I don't especially like moving. I'm a brain with a beanbag body.   :unsure:

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• blackhill4

• Fresh

• westcoast

• Petunia

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there!

I see WC has given you some good help here. :) I have seen the A word (Ativan) mentioned, so I thought I might pop over here. As someone who has suffered from a cold turkey off of Effexor, I understsnd the hell all of this is. I was prescribed Ativan during a bad bad stint last spring.

I'm not going to tell you not to take it, and I'm not going to tell you taking it is ok. What I am going to tell you is that benzos are LARGELY unreliable when it comes to how they will play out in your system. They are loaded with side effects and they have the potential to go paradoxical. I ended up manic because of Ativan. I was going days on end with zero sleep. When I say zero, I mean zero literally. I think I was the closest to losing my life during this period of time as I have ever been since WD started. It's miracle I made it through alive.

So now, I am left with what will probably be a three year long taper from Ativan in the midst of a CT from an AD. Did benzos provide some relief to me? Sure. Was it worth the price I am now paying? Absolutely not. I wish I could go back and make a different choice. But, I can't.

Btw, taking a benzo every 4 days may not be a good idea in some cases. It does in no way mean you will not become dependent. You may, you may not. I would start a thread in the benzo section of this site to get some specific advice about that if I were you. Rhi and Skyler moderate over there, and they may be able to guide you on that part of your journey. They helped me a great deal.

Im glad you are getting some good help from the mods here. I showed up too late and too sick to do much to change my situation. Your story can be different from mine. You have the opportunity to make better more informed decisions. My advice, think long and hard about the choices you make with Ativan. I wish you all the best. I hope you do not end up where I am.

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Any one else experience a dysphoria? I have had this a few times and it is pretty frightening. Although yesterday and today were both good days

Paxil 2007-2012, somnolence for a few months so quit, anxiety gets severe again, put on citalopram (horrible reaction). Used august 2013-September 2013, quit and doctor reinstates paxil (reaction again ) on from sep to dec. Quit cold turkey and suffer problems to this day

How are you defining that? A period of a feeling of deep grief? Yes, I have had that.

2009: Cancer hospital said I had adjustment disorder because I thought they were doing it wrong. Their headshrinker prescribed Effexor, and my life set on a new course. I didn't know what was ahead, like a passenger on Disneyland's Matterhorn, smiling and waving as it climbs...clink, clink, clink.

2010: Post surgical accidental Effexor discontinuation by nurses, masked by intravenous Dilaudid. (The car is balanced at the top of the track.) I get home, pop a Vicodin, and ...

Whooosh...down, down, down, down, down...goes the trajectory of my life, up goes my mood and tendency to think everything is a good idea.
2012: After the bipolar jig was up, now a walking bag of unrelated symptoms, I went crazy on Daytrana (the Ritalin skin patch by Noven), because ADHD was a perfect fit for a bag of unrelated symptoms. I was prescribed Effexor for the nervousness of it, and things got neurological. An EEG showed enough activity to warrant an epilepsy diagnosis rather than non-epileptic ("psychogenic") seizures.

:o 2013-2014: Quit everything and got worse. I probably went through DAWS: dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome. I drank to not feel, but I felt a lot: dread, fear, regret, grief: an utter sense of total loss of everything worth breathing about, for almost two years.

I was not suicidal but I wanted to be dead, at least dead to the experience of my own brain and body.

2015: I  began to recover after adding virgin coconut oil and organic grass-fed fed butter to a cup of instant coffee in the morning.

I did it hoping for mental acuity and better memory. After ten days of that, I was much better, mood-wise. Approximately neutral.

And, I experienced drowsiness. I could sleep. Not exactly happy, I did 30 days on Wellbutrin, because it had done me no harm in the past. 

I don't have the DAWS mood or state of mind. It never feel like doing anything if it means standing up.

In fact, I don't especially like moving. I'm a brain with a beanbag body.   :unsure:

They say it's opposite of a euphoria, so that I guess. It happened in January a few times. It made me feel a sudden wave of unreality mixed with negative emotions. Haven't had it since, I think it's the crazy feeling people tend to describe.

Paxil 2007-2012, somnolence for a few months so quit, anxiety gets severe again, put on citalopram (horrible reaction). Used august 2013-September 2013, quit and doctor reinstates paxil (reaction again ) on from sep to dec. Quit cold turkey and suffer problems to this day

Yes..I've had this a lot..it's very bad..glad you haven't had it since.

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

So I bit the bullet and took 1mg Ativan last night and the results were very underwhelming. I just felt tired and didn't really get any symptom relief, so I think I'm going without it from now on.

Too bad it had no useful effect, but in a way that's lucky. It really is too dangerous to use for any length of time in my opinion.

Blessing in disguise...Consider yourself fortunate. I hope the askathisia does not return to put you into despair ever again. But, I'm glad the Ativan is not as appealing an option as it once was. Because, As I said, it's as unpredictable as they come. Truly, it is not worth the relief it provides In the long run.

But, I sound like a broken record. I just pray my soapbox moments save someone some pain.

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

If this is a setback I will still recover eventually right? Because I am afraid of getting stuck in an infinite loop of hell. Update: Last 2 days have been pretty terrible but magnesium (which I was neglecting for some reason) helps somewhat. Anyone know how long magnesium effects last? Hope everyone out there with wd can feel a bit better even if I don't right now. :)

Sorry you are feeling low. It seems we all have lousy days that feel like setbacks. Do you mean depression or agitation, by the way?

Have something of extreme concern. I have lost 30.5 pounds since November and am worried about low blood sugar. I am getting very dizzy sometimes and am wondering how do I know when to eat when I have no appetite?

Very strange feelings today, anyone else get strange feelings like when I go for a walk it's like I bring the feeling with me or something.

• Moderator Emeritus

I can relate blackhill.    Sometimes a change of environment can help distract the mind from ruminating , sometimes it can't.

As far as nutrition goes , this is where your sensible , logical self can take charge.   You may not get the desire to eat for a long time , so you need to ply your body

with good nutrients until then.

I had sustagen in hot milk every day at least once , so in theory , that was at least one nutritionally balanced meal.   I took Nature's Way Super Greens

Plus , superfood powder ,  daily.    I sprinkled chia seeds on top of toast with peanut butter or cheese.  I kept a stock of things I liked to eat in the

freezer , like quiches wrapped in portions , chicken soup , grainy bread , risotto , lasagne.   I had salmon sushi every day or two , and chinese

dumplings.  Greek youghurt , sometimes with honey.

Even though you're not hungry , make a point of  eating something small at least every few hours.  You don't need low blood sugar on top of everything else. 

Drink as much water as you can.   And wet foods , like yoghurt , or jelly.   Custard.   Experiment and you'll find some things are easier to eat than others.

xxx

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

As for your strange feeling, maybe it is a touch of depersonalization? If it feels like your feeling is a thing that follows you rather than one of your own inner sensations.

Just take it as easy as you can, and remember Fresh's good advice about food. Nutrition is as much a part of recovery is anything else.

Have something of extreme concern. I have lost 30.5 pounds since November and am worried about low blood sugar. I am getting very dizzy sometimes and am wondering how do I know when to eat when I have no appetite?

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

I'm a skeleton with crepe paper skin. Lost 48 pounds in 8 months. Got you beat by 18 lbs. I eat anything I can force down and keep down, since half of what I eat comes back up anyway.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Blackhill, 

Just stopping by to see how you've been - sorry about the trip to hospital - but glad you didn't get re-drugged from it.

Magnesium can be taken 2-3 times a day.  Apparently, most people are deficient, and those of us who have been hammered by psych drugs, even more so.  It facilitates something like 34 neurotransmitter cascades....very good for you.  Also, if you can, put 1 cup espsom salts in a bath (not too hot) and soak for 20 minutes (I usually take a book).

Magnesium

Another thing that might smooth the akathisia somewhat is fish oil. Your brain is 99% fat.  About 85% of that is DHA, which can come from fish oil.  This makes your brain operate more smoothly, like "greasing the wheels" or neurons, as the case may be.

Omega-3 fish oil

On reading your thread, about urges, and thoughts - I think you need to know about Neuro Emotions.  These are chemically caused emotions, as a direct result of withdrawal.  THEY ARE NOT YOU. They are effect of the drug.  It is these, which have been responsible for all kinds of disasters, from school shootings, to self harm, to suicide.    That's why it is important to name them and shame them!  Another thing, which we do not have a thread for, is Neuro Thoughts, which result directly as the Neuro Emotions attempt to communicate with you.  This is why you feel possessed.  But it's just the drug, not a demon or even a madness coming to get you.

But reading about others experience of NeuroEmotions, may help you, and hearing that you can survive it should help, too.  Others have survived it, you will too.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/137-neuro-emotion/

I think it's too soon to talk about Mindfulness, though that will be something for you to investigate soon.

In my belief, you are firmly in the distraction stage.  The walk didn't feel good, but it distracted you for 10 minutes.  TV doesn't give you the pleasure it once did, but it will distract you for a half hour. 

Make a list of 20 things to distract you.  Examples may include (but not limited to):  Phone a friend.  Listen to some old, favorite music.  Try some new music (scary!).  Take a walk, try a 10 minute yoga session.  Try a 15 minute mindfulness meditation (links below).  Take an epsom salts bath.  Have a cuppa herb tea.  Take 10 long, slow, deep breaths through your nose.  Do you have a pet?  Visit with your pet (they're lifesavers, really, they are!).  Check out a TV series from your library and watch them all.  Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Firefly, Babylon5, Seinfeld, Medium, Twilight Zone, Xena Warrior Princess - these have been my favorites.  These are my suggestions, but I am not you.  You will have different ideas.  And once you have a list, you can see what you "feel like" for the distraction of the moment.

Gentle yoga for calming

Jon Kabat-Zinn Mindfulness for Stress reduction 15 min

My ex-husband described it as "always feeling like, wherever I am, I should be somewhere else."

You are not alone, we're right here with you.  I hope that, among my suggestions, you will find something that helps.  You cannot fix it, make it go away - time is what you need.  Lots of waiting, while your brain stops bouncing   So the best you can do is distract yourself while you are waiting.

You can do this - you have survived thus far, and that's awesome!  

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Miserable day today but tonight is alright, funny how it keeps flipping from good daytime/bad night to bad daytime/good night. Bad nights suck because I get no sleep, but tonight should be good.

• Moderator Emeritus

I love your suggestions JanCarol , thankyou.   That's perfect ,    "Always feeling like , where ever I am , I should be somewhere else."

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Glad your akathisia has eased off somewhat, blackhill. Hope it stays that way. Reading through some of the later posts in your thread--I think the weight loss is something that many (most) of us have in common. I have lost 32 lbs. in 7 months. It seems to be slowing down some, but I still continue to lose.

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

I know how you feel. I stopped prestiq (SNRI) cold turkey over 2 and a half years ago. The W/D are almost all over. The side effects of w/d take a long time to go away if you stop cold turkey. A long time so you better seek help as soon as possible. Do not wait like I did. I made a serious mistake stopping cold turkey. I never was informed how dangerous it was to just stop taking these drugs. My doc told me don't stop but never explained the severity of stopping cold turkey. I will most likely never take another anti-depressant again for the rest of my life after this experience.

trintellix 1 mg and rexulti .5mg

Yeah no more antidepressants ever again for me, no matter what. Today was a hell again unfortunately, hopefully tomorrow will be better.

((((Blackhill)))) so sorry you are suffering. Keep telling yourself this is the worst of it and will only get better from here. Hugs.

• Moderator Emeritus

Blackhill, hey.  The windows you are having - good day / bad night or vice-versa - are really good signs.  

It's a sign that your body is closer to stabilising.  This is not to say that it won't easily get out of whack again - but windows, and the memory of them, keep us alive while in a wave.

Have you written down your 20 distractions yet?   ;)

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Do windows still count if they don't make me feel 100%? Because they are better but not completely. And Jan your post made me feel much better which is quite an accomplishment right now, tonight is ok though at least. This process makes no sense to me lol, I get worse symptoms but start having windows :blink:. And now that fresh mentioned euphoria I realise that was what I felt for about 10 months in year 1. My symptoms were pretty average then, not good or bad but I was emotionally dead. All I could feel was a bit of dread or some weird pleasure from euphoria (people who have had them will know what I mean). I also had severe confusion and cog fog, it has gone down a lot although I still have cognitive problems.

Jan I have a system where I do certain activities for a certain amount of time on a certain day so I have lots to do, my symptoms still stop me in my tracks to make me feel terrible a lot but I am trying to distract myself.

So a few days ago I noticed I felt a little different and I had a nap, when I woke up I was shaking a little bit but felt really good actually. This was followed by a great night and a great half day the next day. My symptoms came back after that but I'm pretty sure that was a decent window! :) Sorry for not posting for the last few days, was busy with some stuff in group therapy and other things.

• Moderator Emeritus

Lovely news blackhill ,     looks like things are on the improve.  :)

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

Excellent news, Blackhill! Awesome!

That's great that you're doing a bit better blackhill!

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Happy to hear of your window :)

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

Thanks dudes, another bad morning but the afternoon was ok. Then at night same stuff, feeling like jumping out of my skin and feeling weird but it's not my worst day. I have a piercing depression I am getting worried about though.

((((Blackhill)))) Depression can be crushing. So sorry you are going through this. Depression lifts though. It doesn't stay long. Let it wash over you. You'll be okay. xoxo

Anyone know what tingling in the muscles is? Had it for a while and I think it might be akathisia. Anyway another good/bad day with 90% bad.

So so sorry you're suffering, Blackhill. Hugs to you. 90% bad today could mean 50% good tomorrow.