EMDR: has anyone tried this? Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing therapy

Chochka

On 6/27/2023 at 8:42 PM, catmama said:

Any updates from anyone who’s done EMDR therapy while in withdrawal? 

I’m starting EMDR with a highly trained therapist in two weeks. I’m still actively in a wave. But the wave was triggered by massive emotional distress, which I believe was so intense because it touched on deeper childhood wounds. I have hardly changed my⁷ dose over the past 3-4 months. So it would seem that the only way out is through. 

Now that I have been doing emdr for longer I can see that it may be a longer proccess as it reveals the layers under the symptoms

The ucs in the body.I am focusing on sleep issues as I think that this will help me stabilize my nervous system further. I think it is worth it. I  think I am coming to the end of my protracted withdrawal so unraveling some of this is worth it. At my most difficult points I used mindful process called RAIN by Tara Brach it was helpful in dealing with difficult emotions as they arose.

2006-2007 Lexapro (not sure of dose) in 2006

2007 Stopped abruptly. Developed serious wd symptom.Went back after two weeks and  tapered successfully over 3 months

November 2013  started 10 mg of Celexa for hormonal symptoms

early 2014 cutdown Celexa to 5 mg.Attempted to get off it November 2014 and had  

Anxiety increased  every time I used  an OTC or had stress.

April-May Cortisol spike problems 

July 2016 Started taking liquid Celexa 7.5 mg

June 2021 I finished my taper en

Severe anxiety and insomnia

June 2022 symptoms omproved

July 2023 gut issues and sleep issues contnue

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy