Alice1: Lexapro withdrawal

Alice1

Hey Alice-  I’m with you on the aka and stress, etc.  my experience is it sets you back but not like a medication or similar. I’m currently in the hurt locker from a change in melatonin.  That set me way back. 

I think stress can make symptoms worse but I don’t believe it impedes healing.  I’ve seen many people with very stressful situations improve with aka. 

good luck!

2003-2006-  Zoloft then Wellbutrin, Ritalin, concerta , Adderall.  Don’t remember dosage, tapers or timeframes. ADD treatment. I think I had some WD?  Definitely PSSD which resolved over time. 

Zoloft  100 MG April18-april 22, 2020

Buspirone 20 mg from April 18-May 18

10 mg from May 18 - May 27 2020

Lexapro 5 mg from April 22 through May 1st

10 mg from May 1 through June 1

5 mg from June 1 though june 18

2.5 mg from June 18 through June 25

1.25 mg from June 25 through July 4 2020

Ambien -  2.5 mg  April 21 and 26 2020

Trazodone 50 mg-  3 times late April and 4 days the first week in June 2020

Supplements:  Melatonin .23 mg

@Fightinghard

I agree 100% because my ADWD Akathisia improved enormously right when Covid was in full scare, and I literally was working retail and trying to convince my boss not to shut down and hide on a daily basis. That was just a fraction of the stress I had in 2020.  My Akathisia still went away. 

December 2014 - Lexapro 20 mg

August 2016 Med free (6 week taper)

December 22 2021  added Abilify 5mg / Ativan .5mg / Depakote ER 1000mg

Discontinued Abilify 5mg on 12-30-21---accidental dose on 1-13-22 (looks like Ativan)

Ativan PRN/Discontinued 1-14-22

Only drug is Depakote ER 1000mg ( looking to taper slow and safe for once )

3/24/22 Depakote 625mg 

Propranolol 20-40mg  PRN

I’ve seen a lot of stories and interact with allot of people with aka from ADWD, benzos, AP, etc.   My takeaway from it all is reduce stress when you can, eat healthy (that’s individual.  I’m going low gluten because it’s always bothered me), light exercises to tolerance, no meds, stay away from supplements (my mistake) except maybe magnesium, no caffeine, no alcohol and have positive interactions with people when you can.   You’ll rebound.  I’ve seen a bunch of people Post one day that they can’t take the aka anymore and the next week they are recovered.  

good luck!  

2003-2006-  Zoloft then Wellbutrin, Ritalin, concerta , Adderall.  Don’t remember dosage, tapers or timeframes. ADD treatment. I think I had some WD?  Definitely PSSD which resolved over time. 

I hope you don’t mind a quick question… as your aka started to lift, did you start to feel down?   Almost depressed?   I’m having more days where my body feels tired and I’m more depressed feeling.  I think it’s the aka lifting and the body is trying to adjust. That’s my guess. 

@Fightinghard

I've heard of that, but I never really experienced it myself.  I have experienced those feelings along with Aka but to say it was a after effect of Aka is beyond me.   It makes sense though. I’ve heard of anxiety cases feeling like that when they’re close to recovery. 

Discontinued Abilify 5mg on 12-30-21---accidental dose on 1-13-22 (looks like Ativan)

3/24/22 Depakote 625mg 

Propranolol 20-40mg  PRN

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Alice-  how are you hanging in there?   This aka healing is crazy!  I’m starting to do more naturally and not think about it. It’s like the symptoms most days are less intense so I’m able to just do things.  Now I’m still limited in driving but I’ll take my kids to their practice some days when I need to. It’s weird though, I feel better but I’m not and I’m still limited.  I think emotionally I’m feeling better which is why I’m feeling better. Anyway hoping you are seeing some better days. 

Hey Jeff-  I hope things are settling down some.  It’s so hard with WDaka to know how much to do or not do.  I’ve read your thread and I’ve been trying to adopt a similar approach to healing by staying busy.  Are you very sensitive to things?  Like loud noises make you ‘jump’ or maybe fast movements catch your attention?  It’s hard to describe. I’ve rubbed up against something and I ‘flinch’.  Just curious if you push though it or not. 

i hope healing continues for you! 

That’s a good approach but you definitely want to take it easy.  Look to soothe your CNS more than anything.  

3/24/22 Depakote 625mg 

Propranolol 20-40mg  PRN

On 10/21/2021 at 1:56 PM, Fightinghard said:

Hey Alice-  how are you hanging in there?   This aka healing is crazy!  I’m starting to do more naturally and not think about it. It’s like the symptoms most days are less intense so I’m able to just do things.  Now I’m still limited in driving but I’ll take my kids to their practice some days when I need to. It’s weird though, I feel better but I’m not and I’m still limited.  I think emotionally I’m feeling better which is why I’m feeling better. Anyway hoping you are seeing some better days. 

Just chiming in to say this is exactly how I am doing in my recovery. The darkest part of my aka was 2-3 weeks and it slowly slowly started to wane in intensity. I’m still nervous to make ANY plans with people or going places but I hope that changes soon. My mood seems to be a little down in the dumps but maybe because my body is used to be restless/running on adrenaline 24/7.  It’s been almost 8 weeks of this craziness but I can feel the healing happening.

Dec 2017

Zoloft 3 nights - bad reaction end up in hospital  // Jan 2018-Jan 2019- Venlafaxine 75mg Trazadone 200mgstarted in hospital // 2019-2020 - Slow venlafaxine taper ended up at 3 beads in mid 2020 pretty flawless taper with minimal withdrawal Symptoms was on 10-20mg PRN adderall during this time  // Jan 2021-March 2021 Miscarriage, Adderall CT, Vaccine still on 3 beads // April 2021-July 2021 Start experiencing withdrawal type symptoms, depression anxiety not sure why - increased to 5-10 beads over two months // July 2021

Pregnant // August 2021

tried to wean down back to 3 beads // September 2021 Hard crash - insomnia, akathisia, panic attacks, cortisol rushes, constant adrenaline rushes, depression, no appetite, nausea on and off, muscle pain // current: October 7th Reinstated 37.5mg of Venlafaxine 200mg Trazadone // 5-10 mg of propranolol 

Clonazepam PRN last dose Oct 6th

trying to stay off

Supplements: Occasional L-theanine 

Prenatal mag citrate 400–600mg before bed

@Fightinghard When I recovered the first time from Aka I remember not doing anything in particular to help.  The first 3 years I walked and meditated everyday, I had a counselor, and did everything possible to try to get better.  I really didn’t start getting better until I just forgot about all that stuff and started focusing on normal things.  If you ask me, I think just time and drug abstinence are the only things required. Then once you start feeling better even just a little bit, it’s important to just start living your life, smart and carefully of course.  

3/24/22 Depakote 625mg 

Propranolol 20-40mg  PRN

Thanks!  I agree that removing your focus from the situation and doing other things helps when you can.  There is something about neural pathways needing to regenerate.  I’m at a point where I don’t pace and have not had terror and fear is very infrequent. I’m just so sensitive to things like my legs feel weird and I’m easily startled with things. Burning chest.    I’m driving now and tv is getting better. I’m hoping things improve. But I notice when I do things (not too much) I feel better. Especially social things. So I’m hoping to go back to work next month part  time… we’ll see.  Keep healing!

@Alice1  @Ktven48  I honestly think the key to recovery is low stress on the cns and consistency. I’ve made the mistake of using supplements along the way.  Magnesium glycinate and melatonin along with fish oil.  Melatonin has proven to be a really difficult one for me.  I think as long as you remove the offending drug and don’t add or takeaway to many other things, the cns can adapt to the environment to reach homeostasis.  I know at least 3 people that had aka and healed while taking meds.  But they stayed constant on those meds.  One you are at a point that you can interact with the world, integrate slowly.  Before I realized I had aka I was driving 5 hours a day 3 days a week. I drove to and from Louisville and watched my daughters cheer event which is loud and bright.  Point is I had a rough week after that but I bounced back enough to make it to my sons track, etc.  I was active and struggling but I was doing it. Then on May 23rd I reduced my melatonin dose by half from .3 to .15mg thinking I didn’t need it anymore.  What a mistake. It set me way back. May 25 I drive to Cleveland from Columbus (my home) and back.  Worked, did a lot of things.  On June 2 I basically became agoraphobic and I’ve struggled since.  All because I messed with my dosage. I’m completely convinced this caused this. I know at least 6 other people this happened to.  Plus I’ve tried to taper since and each time it has been a challenge. I’m down to .23 mg.  I finally decided to hold steady and let my body heal considering I’ve was slowly doing better prior to the set back. I’m sharing these experiences to say stress and activity will cause issues but in my experience they are short lived set backs. 3-7 days?  But food, meds, and supplements are much more impactful and set you back  further. So I’m not touching anything except the melatonin I’m taking and eating clean.  Maybe some Epsom salt baths. Be very careful As you feel better.  Give it cns a constant environment to allow for healing.  

11 minutes ago, Fightinghard said:

@Alice1  @Ktven48  I honestly think the key to recovery is low stress on the cns and consistency. I’ve made the mistake of using supplements along the way.  Magnesium glycinate and melatonin along with fish oil.  Melatonin has proven to be a really difficult one for me.  I think as long as you remove the offending drug and don’t add or takeaway to many other things, the cns can adapt to the environment to reach homeostasis.  I know at least 3 people that had aka and healed while taking meds.  But they stayed constant on those meds.  One you are at a point that you can interact with the world, integrate slowly.  Before I realized I had aka I was driving 5 hours a day 3 days a week. I drove to and from Louisville and watched my daughters cheer event which is loud and bright.  Point is I had a rough week after that but I bounced back enough to make it to my sons track, etc.  I was active and struggling but I was doing it. Then on May 23rd I reduced my melatonin dose by half from .3 to .15mg thinking I didn’t need it anymore.  What a mistake. It set me way back. May 25 I drive to Cleveland from Columbus (my home) and back.  Worked, did a lot of things.  On June 2 I basically became agoraphobic and I’ve struggled since.  All because I messed with my dosage. I’m completely convinced this caused this. I know at least 6 other people this happened to.  Plus I’ve tried to taper since and each time it has been a challenge. I’m down to .23 mg.  I finally decided to hold steady and let my body heal considering I’ve was slowly doing better prior to the set back. I’m sharing these experiences to say stress and activity will cause issues but in my experience they are short lived set backs. 3-7 days?  But food, meds, and supplements are much more impactful and set you back  further. So I’m not touching anything except the melatonin I’m taking and eating clean.  Maybe some Epsom salt baths. Be very careful As you feel better.  Give it cns a constant environment to allow for healing.  

Learned this the hard way. Dropped a lot of extra meds and supplements. Letting my brain adjust to my néw dose and will continue tapering late next year. I really need to heal after this crazy crash. 

Dec 2017

Zoloft 3 nights - bad reaction end up in hospital  // Jan 2018-Jan 2019- Venlafaxine 75mg Trazadone 200mgstarted in hospital // 2019-2020 - Slow venlafaxine taper ended up at 3 beads in mid 2020 pretty flawless taper with minimal withdrawal Symptoms was on 10-20mg PRN adderall during this time  // Jan 2021-March 2021 Miscarriage, Adderall CT, Vaccine still on 3 beads // April 2021-July 2021 Start experiencing withdrawal type symptoms, depression anxiety not sure why - increased to 5-10 beads over two months // July 2021

Pregnant // August 2021

tried to wean down back to 3 beads // September 2021 Hard crash - insomnia, akathisia, panic attacks, cortisol rushes, constant adrenaline rushes, depression, no appetite, nausea on and off, muscle pain // current: October 7th Reinstated 37.5mg of Venlafaxine 200mg Trazadone // 5-10 mg of propranolol 

Clonazepam PRN last dose Oct 6th

trying to stay off

Supplements: Occasional L-theanine 

Prenatal mag citrate 400–600mg before bed

Update, 

3 weeks ago I tested positive for Covid. My whole family contracted the virus and we were all down for the count.  Thankfully we all have pulled through. I tested negative this morning, but I’m going to continue to wear a mask and social distance for a week for good measure.  

Needless to say Covid sent my symptoms through the roof. Once again I caught myself thinking that since the severity is so so high that I’ll take forever to heal again. Well I’m not claiming victory or anything, but it does seem that the Akathisia is clearing up a bit again.  I’m still riddled with terror, DR, and this weird full body tension that peaks for a couple hours everyday, but I do think things are starting to level off again. This is where the rubber meets the road for me.  This has happened 3 times now where I start to feel a little better, but then I’ll do something stupid, and set myself back.  I’ve already caught myself going for a vigorous bike ride through the fields of where I live. I just can’t do that right now.  

I think I will set a goal to return to a light duty part time position at my former place of employment sometime this month. Again, I absolutely can not go full, tilt, and boogie, and work 6 days a week.  I’m thinking maybe 3-4 days. 

So , that’s my update.  I am nowhere near recovered again, but I do definitely feel the wheels turning in that direction. There will be bumps, and waves, but I’m feeling more optimistic about recovery again.  

I’ll update when I have one.   Thx. 

3/24/22 Depakote 625mg 

Propranolol 20-40mg  PRN

@Altostrata @brassmonkey 

Hey guys , 

I was diagnosed with Covid 4 weeks ago. I have mostly recovered from Covid, but now my WD symptoms are through the roof.  Like 14/10 scale.  Does this make sense? I assuming the physical stress from fighting the infection is what’s causing it.  Just wanted to know if you agree.  Thanks. 

3/24/22 Depakote 625mg 

Propranolol 20-40mg  PRN

34 minutes ago, Alice1 said:

@Altostrata @brassmonkey 

Hey guys , 

I was diagnosed with Covid 4 weeks ago. I have mostly recovered from Covid, but now my WD symptoms are through the roof.  Like 14/10 scale.  Does this make sense? I assuming the physical stress from fighting the infection is what’s causing it.  Just wanted to know if you agree.  Thanks. 

I recently had a severe cold/sinus infection and my wd became much more severe..I read that the immune response really stimulates the CNS. this process is so incredibly long and frustrating

April 2011 - citalopram 20 mg

April 2018 - tapered in 4 weeks

Nov 2018 - reinstated 20 mg

Stopped 8 days later bad reaction

November 5 2020 - reinstated citalopram 0.5mg. Increase to 1mg

November 10 2020 - stopped citalopram.  

December 8 2020 - reinstate 2.5mg citalopram. Stayed on until December 17

December 20 2020 - discontinue citalopram again 

Dec 2020 - start ativan for akathisia 

Nov 2020 to Jan 2021 - tried low dose Seroquel, Risperidone, Luvox, Zoloft and Prozac. just added symptoms no benefit

Feb 2021 - ativan went paradoxical. landed in hospital. cold turkeyed.

Totally drug free since Feb 21, 2021

• Administrator

Post-covid symptoms seem to overlap with some withdrawal symptoms. This may be what you feel. Also, your energy reserve and resistance is depleted from being ill.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hey Alice- just checking in.  I hope things are settling down for you and you’re able to get some relief. 

Sorry Alice-when I signed on your latest updates didn’t show up for me. Sorry about Covid but glad you’re in h heading the right direction. 

3 hours ago, Alice1 said:

@Altostrata @brassmonkey 

Hey guys , 

Hi I was diagnosed with covid on Oct 18.  The past two weeks my symptoms were the worst they have ever been.  The past 5 days I have found some relief.  Covid definitely messed with me.  I’m just getting my taste back.  How is your taste?  
I think covid takes awhile to get fully out of your system.  

2010 - 2018 Zoloft 75 mg 2019 Zoloft 50mg 2019 Zoloft 25 mg

2020 Zoloft 12.5mg

2020 Switched July 6, 2020 to Lexapro 10 mg  Nov 10, 2020 5 mg 

2021 Feb 2, 2021 2.5 mg until July 24, 2021 (Date quit)

2021 Lexapro .5 mg Reinstatement Aug 18, 2021 

2021 Lexapro .42 mg Nov 16, 2021

2021 Lexapro .35 mg Dec 1, 2021

2021 Lexapro .5 mg updose Dec 11, 2021

2022 Lexapro 1.0 mg updose March 15, 2022

2022 Quit Lexapro March 19, 2022

• 4 weeks later...

@Altostrata

Hi Alto, 

Whats the scoop for PGAD . I am a 47 year old man and I've been in WD for 5 years . I got better in 4 years but took antibiotic and morphine for a kidney stone and got setback . That was 11 months ago .. Last night I was intimate with my girlfriend and my genitals have been restless and aroused since (24 hours ago) ..  Is this something that will calm down ?  I don't want to research or read anything because I might cause a fear cycle .. 

Thanks  Jeff

3/24/22 Depakote 625mg 

Propranolol 20-40mg  PRN

• Administrator

Please use search in the Symptoms forum to see our discussions about PGAD.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 weeks later...

Update,

I have been experiencing symptoms of PGAD for the last 2 weeks. After reading the thread on PGAD I'm optimistic about healing from it but I'm also discouraged because it seems to have an acute period to it . A lot have said that the first months were the worst and that certainly seems like the case . Akathisia is also ramped up from Covid 1.5 months ago. Life is challenging right now, that is for sure . I am sleeping and functioning about 65%.  Work is a challenge for sure . Holidays are going to be rough this year but they are almost over and that will help .. 

Anyway, if anybody has any positive PGAD stories don't hesitate to share .. I'll update when I have one .. 

3/24/22 Depakote 625mg 

Propranolol 20-40mg  PRN

• Moderator Emeritus

From the posts that other members have made when the PGAD worsens in most instances it seems to be increased stress.

My suggestion would be to try to incorporate some non drug de-stressing/calming techniques at least 3 or 4 times a day, every day.  It doesn't need to be for very long.  Just a few minutes each time.  Even if all you do is turn your attention to something else, like looking out of a window or stand up and march on the spot.  Doing it regularly throughout the day can help to stop the stress from building up so even though you might still be stressed it is at a lower level.

To start with you might need to set a reminder, but after a few weeks of doing this it will become more of a habit.  I now find that when something stresses me I realise it much faster than I used to and am able to take a few moments and calm myself.  It has become almost automatic.  If I am in the middle of doing something I might just say to myself something like "chill", "relax", "you're okay" and take a few deeper breaths.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

@ChessieCat

Thank you ChessieCat, But what puzzles me is that after 5 years AD free I just now get PGAD ?  I've had akathisia for 4 of those years so maybe that's all that's required for the development of PGAD.  I just got over covid too so maybe that is contributing. 

If anybody reading this is freaked about me having akathisia for 4 years don't worry . It gets better but be careful because you can reignite it like I did with antibiotics .

3/24/22 Depakote 625mg 

Propranolol 20-40mg  PRN

3 hours ago, Alice1 said:

If anybody reading this is freaked about me having akathisia for 4 years don't worry . It gets better but be careful because you can reignite it like I did with antibiotics .

Thank you

Current: Bupropion 450mg, Neurontin 800mg, Klonopin 0.5mg

History:

July 2020: started Cogentin 1mg, Lamictal 50mg, Zoloft 150mg, Zyprexa 5mg (+5mg as needed), Klonopin 0.5mg

November 2020: stopped all meds cold-turkey

February 2021: started Latuda 60mg, Lithium 300mg, Melatonin 5mg, Protonix 40mg, Topamax 25mg

2 weeks later: stopped Topamax, increased Lithium 900mg, started Klonopin 1mg, Lexapro 20mg, Neurontin 400mg

April 2021: started Bupropion 150mg, Revia ?mg

May 2021: stopped ReviaProtonixLexaproincreased Neurontin 800mg, started Celexa 10mg

August 2021: decreased Celexa 5mg (stopped Celexa 2 weeks later), increased Bupropion 300mg

September 2021: increased Latuda 80mg

October 2021: decreased Lithium 600mg for 4 daysLithium 300mg for 4 daysstopped LithiumLatuda

increased Bupropion 450mg, started Remeron 15mg, decreased Remeron 7.5mg, stopped Remeron

Hi Alice1,

I am very sorry to hear your setback! 

I think you guessed it right. Its most likely caused by covid. I had a horodous experience after catching covid in March 2020. Covid alone can cause healthy ppl symptoms very much alike psychological drug withdrawal, not only mess up  those who already in the thick of withdrawal.

There is a covid support group on Facebook where you can read many stories about how covid causes neurological symptoms to the so called long haulers.

Lexanger

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

15 hours ago, LexAnger said:

I had a horodous experience after catching covid in March 2020

@LexAnger

Hey Lex ... Good to here from you . It's been forever .. Hope you're somewhat decent . 

How long was your covid wave ?  

3/24/22 Depakote 625mg 

Propranolol 20-40mg  PRN

Hi Alice,

I'm not doing any better than the time withdrawal from Lexapro. 

My initial covid lasted 3 weeks with mild typical flu like symptoms, the followed by 1 whole year long hauler neurological symptoms before lifting. After that, I had several episodes of either flare ups or new infections (lost in a super complicated situation). 

It seems my body is extremely sensitive to this virus as I got  very sick every time I was close to someone carries the virus even they have no symptoms. 

I'm not vaccinated due to sensitivity concern.

The covid long hauling is very much like another round of psychic drug withdrawal, only much more deadly feeling, plus other symptoms the real withdrawal doesn't have, such as blood related issues.

What are your covid situation and symptoms?

Lex

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

Hey @Alice1

Hope you’re doing as well as you can. Sorry to hear you’re still suffering. 

You and I were both thrown into our current waves by throwing other medications into the mix. I tried an anti-seizure med once last Dec and low dose naltrexone in April and I’m still struggling. Are we considered “kindled” or is it just a wave that’s especially long? I can’t believe I still feel like this 9 months later. 

2005- 2008: Lorazepam (max dose- 1 MG daily)

2008- 2016: Lexapro (max dose-10 MG daily)

January 2017- March 2017- Pristiq (max dose- 100 MG daily)

April 2017- June 2017: Trintellix (max dose- 10 MG)

July 2017- October 2017:  Lexapro (max dose-10 MG daily)

November 2017- April 2018- Luvox (max dose- 100 MG)

May 2018- Zoloft (max dose- 18.75)

5/28/18- 3 MG Lexapro, 6/3/18- 3 MG Lexapro, 6/7/18- 3.5 MG Lexapro, 6/13/18- 4 MG Lexapro, 6/21/18- 4.5 MG Lexapro, 6/28/18- 3/29/21- 4 MG Lexapro, 3/30/21- Present- 3.8 MG Lexapro

**Bad Wave Caused by Trileptal 150 MG (one pill) in December '20 and Low Dose Naltrexone .12 MG (one pill) in April '21**

"The Journey is The Reward"

@ryan1982

Hey Ryan. 

I don't agree with the word "Kindled", although we are chemically setback . To me, kindling means we've started and stopped the same medication or substance more than once , and are experiencing a more intense reaction (withdrawal) than last time . Today is actually the one year point for me since my setback . Don't be discouraged by the time . I know of a woman who went through benzo wd and recovered . Some time after, she was seriously attacked by a dog and was seriously injured . She was back in acute for 18 months . She possibly underwent treatment that brought all the symptoms back though .  I've been in a setback community for many months and from what I've learned, setbacks can last anywhere from 1 month to 4 years, but they all do resolve in time .  Anxiety, stress, and fear are contributing factors to how long it takes to recover .. Research TMS (Tension Myositis syndrome) .. 

Keep on walking and eventually you'll get there . Also, Look up "Pain Free You" on YouTube ..  

3/24/22 Depakote 625mg 

Propranolol 20-40mg  PRN

Thanks for the resources, Jeff. I pray you feel better soon, bud. Thanks- I never agreed with the kindling part either, chemical setback seems like a much more apt description. 

Be well, my friend, and have a great holiday. 

5/28/18- 3 MG Lexapro, 6/3/18- 3 MG Lexapro, 6/7/18- 3.5 MG Lexapro, 6/13/18- 4 MG Lexapro, 6/21/18- 4.5 MG Lexapro, 6/28/18- 3/29/21- 4 MG Lexapro, 3/30/21- Present- 3.8 MG Lexapro

**Bad Wave Caused by Trileptal 150 MG (one pill) in December '20 and Low Dose Naltrexone .12 MG (one pill) in April '21**

Hey @Alice1-

Would you be willing to share the group you’re involved in? I think it would be great for me to be with people going through the same thing. 

Thanks so much, buddy. 
Ryan

3/24/22 Depakote 625mg 

Propranolol 20-40mg  PRN

Thanks so much, bud.

Hi @ryan1982 @Alice1

I’m in the early stage of chemical set back. Hanging in there. Hoping best healing to you both.

Current: Bupropion 450mg, Neurontin 800mg, Klonopin 0.5mg

History:

July 2020: started Cogentin 1mg, Lamictal 50mg, Zoloft 150mg, Zyprexa 5mg (+5mg as needed), Klonopin 0.5mg

November 2020: stopped all meds cold-turkey

February 2021: started Latuda 60mg, Lithium 300mg, Melatonin 5mg, Protonix 40mg, Topamax 25mg

2 weeks later: stopped Topamax, increased Lithium 900mg, started Klonopin 1mg, Lexapro 20mg, Neurontin 400mg

April 2021: started Bupropion 150mg, Revia ?mg

May 2021: stopped ReviaProtonixLexaproincreased Neurontin 800mg, started Celexa 10mg

August 2021: decreased Celexa 5mg (stopped Celexa 2 weeks later), increased Bupropion 300mg

September 2021: increased Latuda 80mg

October 2021: decreased Lithium 600mg for 4 daysLithium 300mg for 4 daysstopped LithiumLatuda

increased Bupropion 450mg, started Remeron 15mg, decreased Remeron 7.5mg, stopped Remeron