Dante: intro about myself

dante

Hello everybody,

Thanks so much allow me to this  group...

My story start in 1999 with horrible tirednes,weakness,terrifying nightmares ,chronic fatigue and GI  spasm,etc so on.

in this times deprression and anxiety was not so much popular...even MD. hardly diagnosed it !

there was not enough information in the internet for depression and anxiety,

in 2001 I have immigrated to toronto luckly and found many books..One of them "  Adrenal Fatigue: The 21st Century Stress Syndrome" and all my symptomes was almost about adrenal issue. this book helped me to take herbs and vitamines. and understood 

The Stress Response—the Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal (HPA) Axis and Cortisol issue.

till 2001 day in day out new symptoms pop up. and finally I found myself on pshyciatrist. her diagnose was anxiety plus depression

p.s. she didnt ask me do I have any food allergies,blood presure,my life story,any blood test etc.

I start with cipram (citolopram) 20 mg. after that with suggestion another MD. he elevated me to 40 mg ( to get  more efficient cure)

after couple of weeks , almost all my symptomes disappear... lucky me. after 1 year I tapered %50 in 3 months to 20 mg. plus xanax

if I feel anxious !!!

After 2 years day by day my old symptomes pop up again, I fall in depression one more time, while I was at 20 mg citolopram ...wow

MD. diagnosed " I got tolerated to citolopram" , it doesnt work any more on my body.

my psyh Doc. switch  me to ssnri.. I felt better but after 6 months felt worse,feel angry,nervouse ets. than MD switch me to ecitolopram... in 2006 I didnt go to MD again same tolorent happend me again with ecitolopram. as of 2006 I regularly 

listen my body and I have switches ecitolopram-citolopram by my self. almost every 10-14 months. plus all kind of vitamines/minerals

support.

in 2016 while I was at ecitolopram unfortunately many unlucky things happened in my life, I start use alcohole ,since ecitolopram

doesnt help much. after 1 year I got palpitation plus high blood presure. I started BP drugs and quit alcohole , and

with suggestion pshy. MD. I took 40 mg citolopram. plus beta-blockers for palpitation and 2 gr Xanax.

after couple of days I realised my palpitations get worse after half an hour taking ecitolopram.

meanwhile I read many pages about ssri side efects on diabetes 2....! etc. 

with the help of xanax 1mg (I couldnt fall a sleep without it)   plus beta-blocker .I got cold turkey and quit ecitolopram 4 weeks ago.

finaly 4 days ago I fall into withdrawal syndrome... last 4 days I again started citolopram 10mg ... I dont know what will happen in

the near future.

Luckly I found this forum, I am reading last 3 days, it helped much, I understand what happened to me ...

thanks for reading my story.

Edited by scallywag
tags
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Dante, welcome to SA.  Are you feeling any better with 10mg citalopram? 

It is essential that you stay at the same doses to stabilise. Changes with drugs cause lots of problems with your nervous system and it takes time to settle down.

I am glad that you have found the site helpful and learning how to deal with the situation. 

It will help us if you can put your drug history in your signature, just the drug, doses and when started and stopped. 

You can find instructions how to do that here

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/12364-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

Many people find that fish oil and magnesium help with symptoms.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/page-1

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1300-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

I'm so glad to have found this site, there is so much great information on it.

thank you for reply.

today , 5th day on 10mg cipram, difficult falling a sleep and took 1mg xanax plus melatonin

morning was better than yesterday... I dont know if I need to 20mg or stay at 10mg ...?

thank you. 

• Moderator Emeritus

I would stay at 10mg for a while longer to allow your brain to adjust. You have had a lot of changes and need to take the same doses every day to get stable. 

You could post in the benzo forum for advice about the xanax, this also needs to be stable because you have been taking it for some time. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/forum/29-members-only-benzo-forum/

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• 1 year later...
  • ChessieCat changed the title to Dante: intro about myself
  • Moderator Emeritus

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management