I have been suffering from this unique sleeping disorder. I dream whole night continuously and wake up exhausted every morning.  Most of the people think it's any kind of psychological disorder even doctors just prescribe antidepressants and sleeping pills. Familly members are supportive but they could only give advice like wake early, do exercise. I nearly browsed the whole internet to get an ultimate cure for this problem but got nothing except "the change your routine"advice. There are many old forums where people discussed the similar problem but now they are closed without any conclusion. 

I have this problem from 2014 when I was doing my masters. During the final exams and due to other circumstances I felt some anxiety so went to a psychiatrist and he prescribed me 1.Imipramine 2.Diazapam 3.Trifluoperazine 4.Nitrazepam of different brands. After few days my exams over so I stopped taking pills suddenly from a night.From that night till today I didn't get a single dreamless sleep every morning wake up exhausted.there are many nights I did not get sleep at all.

Since then I have visited many Allopathic, Homeopathic and Ayurvedic doctors, have tried several of medicines and supplements but nothing helped me. And you guys obviously aware of side effects especially in the case of allopathy like day drowsiness and brain fog.I also got my blood tested nothing significant but a deficiency of Vitamine D so started taking Vitamins. Till now no appeared benefits. It's like living in a hell, could do many things in life but first wanna get rid of this curse.I even tried spiritual ways.

If you could help me in any way  I will be highly grateful to you.

Edited by mammaP
white space

2013 1.Imipramine 2.Diazapam 3.Trifluoperazine 4.Nitrazepam of different brands.

After few days I stopped taking pills suddenly from a night.From that night till today I didn't get a single dreamless sleep every morning wake up exhausted

2015 another neurologist prescribed                                                                                                                                                               1. Norpit 25  2.Zyven OD 50 3.Neuropin 4.Dexanil-fp  5.Zolpidem nothing ever worked for me 

• ChessieCat changed the title to saurabhskashyap: Dreaming continuously during sleep
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Saurabh, welcome to SA. Sadly some people here experience the effects of the drugs long after they have been stopped, even when they were only taken for a very short time. Unfortunalety there are no quick fixes and only time can heal your nervous system and get your sleep back to normal. I also have a chronic sleepdisorder because of the drugs and can sometimes go for days without sleep. 3 hours is a good night, 4 is exceptional and a full eight hors is only a dream! 

There are ways you can help yourself and you have heard them all before. Good sleep hygeine, going to bed at the same time, getting up at the same time will eventually retrain your brain. I will not go on because you must be fed up hearing it!  

Can you tell us the most recent drugs that you have tried? It will be good if you can fill in your signature for us, You can do that in account settings. http://survivingantidepressants.org/settings/signature/   We need details of the drugs and doses of the drugs you have tried. We all want to finmd something that helps but every drug and some supplements further destabilise the nervous system. 

We have some topics on sleep, we deal with withdrawal but the effects are the same whether it is an adverse effect or withdrawal, the nervous system is dysregulated and needs to regain homeostasis. If you scroll down the page you will find many topics on sleep problems, hopefully you will find something that helps there. 

Edited by mammaP

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

The most recent drug I used is melatonin 10 mg, one tablet at night, two hours before sleep but like all other sleeping pills, it also gave me daytime drowsiness. Before that, i used "Coffea Cruda " a homeopathic medicine which is surely effective for Insomnia, helps you to sleep quickly but its effect appears in 3 to 6 days it has no side effect .But it is not cured for my dreaming problems. Actually, I am tired of taking Allopathic medicines so nowadays I am trying Ayurveda.

Last year I have tried a lot of medicines 1. Norpit 25 2.Zyven OD 50 3.Neuropin 4.Dexanil-fp 5.Zolpidem 10 nothing worked for me.

I have a suggestion if anyone only Having Insomnia he must try Nitrazepam (10mg).It is effective and gives you deep sleep.                                  

If anyone has symptoms like mine please let me know 

2013 1.Imipramine 2.Diazapam 3.Trifluoperazine 4.Nitrazepam of different brands.

After few days I stopped taking pills suddenly from a night.From that night till today I didn't get a single dreamless sleep every morning wake up exhausted

2015 another neurologist prescribed                                                                                                                                                               1. Norpit 25  2.Zyven OD 50 3.Neuropin 4.Dexanil-fp  5.Zolpidem nothing ever worked for me 

• Moderator Emeritus

10mg is a very high dose of melatonin. Some people have some benefit from a small dose, I have taken 0.25 and found it better than 0.5mg. 1mg didn't do anything at all and 3mg (my first ever dose) gave me a headache that lasted for hours after getting up.You might do better with 1mg of melatonin. less is definitely more effective.We don't recommend nitrazepam, it is a benzodiazepine and highly addictive. Most people here have had a hard time getting off drugs and benzos have notoriously bad withdrawal symptoms. I don't know if you will be able to watch this in your country but if you can I am sure you will find it interesting. It is a documentary that follows people with sleep disorders and helps them to overcome them. It is very interesting and might give you some insight and help to overcome your sleep problem. 

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-secrets-of-sleep

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• 4 years later...

@saurabhskashyap how are you doing now. I have same problem.

When you go to doctor, they tell it is stress related, maintain sleep hygiene and they say it is caused due to anxiety and lighter sleep and so they prescribe further antidepressant and sleeping pills and makes the matter worst.

If we follow their advice and continue, I would not be alive right now.

If you see my signature, following their advice I end up taking 8 different drugs over period of 3. Years for nightmare. 

When I found this website I came to know how deadly these drugs and I was going in opposite directions.

I threw away all drugs. Just like you condition, my vivid dreams is much likely permanent or may be it will last decade.

I have never experienced such scary thing in my life. I was brave person. This drug defeated me to think I am disabled person.

Due to this I can't study and focus so deep in my study. Had great dreams . Feels like life is over for me.

All my friends in college are happy, they jump , run , study without tension. But me here I worry every single second about this situation.

I could fight this no doubt. But this situation don't last a month, 5 months, or year or 2-3 years.

Looking at other people's situations, it seems to last really long even though there is no fixed period , some case 7 years or decades . But most likely it seems permanent. It breaks my will power to grain of sand.

How can anyone wait for decades for this problem to resolve and even so there is no guarantee it will end in 10 years.

I really cry from inside, how my life changed. Sometime I get urge to commit suicide. I hide all day in room.

I hope one day you read this message @saurabhskashyap and help me how you are fighting and living.

2017 october--2018 march->(6 month) fluoxetine 20,30 mg-->cold turkey= after 2 month semen leakage

2018 july---2018 Aug-->(24 days) fluoxetine 20 mg --> cold turkey = vivid dreams begin

2018 december 2019 Jan-->(1 month) Amitriptyline 25--> cold turkey
--------++++--horror of drugs begins. Taking one after another and cold turkey-------+++------------------
2019 May--2019 May--> (12 days) Lexapro cold turkey

2019 May--2019 august -->(3 month)Cobazam 10 mg +amitriptyline 25 mg --> clobazam cold turkey

----2019 october ---> went cold turkey amitriptyline 25 mg.

2019 october--2020 Jan -->(3 months) duloxetine cymbalta 30mg --->cold turkey

2020 jan-2020 Apr--> (3 months) paroxetine 25 mg --> Cold turkey

2020 July--2021 Jan--> (6 months) amitriptyline 50 mg ,75 mg,100 mg ,125 mg -> cold turkey

2021 jan--2021 May--> (4 months) imipramine 75 mg -->cold turkey

2021 may-2021 Aug--> (3 months) nortriptyline 25 mg --> cold turkey== still semen leakage and vivid dream