Diets and foods to lessen symptoms

Shanti

• Administrator

I went through a period when I craved Indian food and ate it frequently.

Now I take turmeric and ginger capsules every day (Swanson's). Seems to settle my digestion.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I went through a period when I craved Indian food and ate it frequently.

Now I take turmeric and ginger capsules every day (Swanson's). Seems to settle my digestion.

Was that before or after developing histamine intolerance? Sadly, I find I can't eat anything with curry, cinnamon, chili, garlic, etc...because of the histamine issue. I used to eat curries and chili often, especially through the winter.

Remeron for depression. Started at 7.5 mg. in 2005. Gradual increases over 8 years, up to 45 mg. in 2012.Began tapering in June 2013. Went from 45 to 30 mg in the first 3-4 months. Held for a couple of months.Started tapering by 3.75 mg every month or 2, with some longer holding periods. Eventually went down to 3.75 mg. about April 2014. Stopped taking Remeron August 2014. Developed issues with histamine a week after stopping--symptoms reduced through diet and a few supplements. Currently having issues with a few foods. Most of the histamine intolerance has resolved or is at least, in remission.

Current Medications:

Current Supplements: Cannabis (CBD and THC), Vitamin C, D, Quercetin, CoQ10, Tart Cherry, Probiotic, Phytoplankton oil, magnesium, Methyl B. What has helped me most: spending time in nature, qi gong, exercise, healthy diet, meditation, IV vitamins, homeopathy, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, music, and cuddling my cats..

My introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8459-mirtazapine-withdrawal-freespirit/#entry144282

Please note: I am not a therapist or medical practitioner. Any suggestions offered come solely from my personal experience in recovering from childhood trauma, therapy, and AD use. Please seek appropriate care for yourself.

“After a cruel childhood, one must reinvent oneself. Then re-imagine the world.”
Mary Oliver

• 2 years later...

Hi I would appreciate anyone's input on the subject  of foods/diet to lesson symptoms and any evidence this has worked for them .

I myself have been a couple of months on a plant based wholes foods diet  and I cant claim this has eased any symptoms .

I just got finished watching a video that claims cutting down or eliminating gluten is great for mental heath/anxiety symptoms  so this looks to be my next hope .Actually he talked about the histamine effect that I've heard talked about before.  

Any input would be welcomed thanks in advance because quite frankly I'm at my wits end with this process .

PB

This is a video I just watched that has me thinking .

Thanks folks .

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Moderator Emeritus

I eliminated gluten for a while and can't say it made any difference in my symptoms.  I'm sure it's an individual thing.  I read that Dr. Kelly Brogan has her patients eliminate gluten as part of her treatment.  I get anxiety symptoms from sugar and even very sweet fresh fruit.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Thanks Gridley for your feedback ,I'm having a particularly bad day and week from hell .my next thing will have to look into gluten free .

I hope your well . 

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• 3 years later...

Just wondering what folks that experienced tingly, numbness in nerves did to help the symptoms? 

I cant quite figure out what is harming or helping. Sometimes I think I find something that doesn't trigger the tingling,  like bananas,  only to find the next time I eat it I feel the sensations.

Is it even food or is this just something that comes and goes as it pleases?

2008 - 2013 Sertraline 50 mg

June 2017 - August 2019 Sertraline 25 mg

August 2020 - Sept 2020 Sertraline 12.5 mg

• Moderator Emeritus

It may just be coincidence.  If the issue happens every time/most times after eating or doing something then there is a reasonable probability that it is the cause.  If it only happens sometimes then there is less probability.

We need to be our own detectives.  Keeping a diary might help.  You would need to include foods, sleep, drugs, supplements,  activities, stresses (eg issue at work, argument with partner).  Try doing this for 2 to 3 months.

It may be that the first time you ate banana there was something else you ate and the combination caused it whereas the second time you only ate the banana and not the second thing.  Keeping a diary can make it easier to see a pattern.  It's no good trying to remember it.  You will need to write it down.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Will do. Thank you. Did you experience tingly/numbness?

Today has been a really bad day for me and sometimes it almost feels like I am slowly becoming paralyzed. Could this really just be from the SSRI?

2008 - 2013 Sertraline 50 mg

June 2017 - August 2019 Sertraline 25 mg

August 2020 - Sept 2020 Sertraline 12.5 mg

• 9 months later...

Ya, no kidding, life can be strange huh. I'm withdrawing from Olanzapine so maybe this is drug specific, but sure enough eating an Avacado turned uncontrollable fast thinking into calm thinking. 

https://friendsforpeers.angelfire.com/Index.html - my website and discord server

Zyprexa (not sure what mg) But got off after a month of being put on in hospital. early 2007 Respirodol (experienced ackathesia so got off in 4 - 6 months from a 6mg dose) Later 2007 tried Seroquel but got offbecause didn't like it.  Later 2007 tried Abilify but had ackathesia, got off2008 - 2015 Unmedicated but on Serequel 800mg when hospitalized   Later 2015 - Unmedicated but put on Prolixyn when hospitalized (Had very uncomfortable stiffness so got off immediately when out of hospital)2016 Unmedicated but put on Haldol when hospitalized (caused Seizures and stiffness couldn't lay down for 3 days until taken off) Later 2016Tried Zyprexa irregular dosesEarly 2017 Put on Zyprexa 15mg stayed on 15 mg until 2020 January 2020 Zyprexa 15mg didn't seem to be working so increased to Zyprexa 20mgOctober - December 2020 Reduced Zyprexa from 20 mg to 15mg to 10mg to 7.5mg to 5mg to 2.5mg. Hospitalized January 1st 2021March 2021 15mg Zyprexa April 12.5mg Zyprexa  May, June and July 10mg Zyprexa, August 7.5mg Zyprexa, September 1st toOctober 23th 2021 5mg Zyprexa.  October 23rd - December 13th 3.75mg Zyprexa December 13th - January 12th 3.1mg Zyprexa HOSPITALIZED FOR 4.5 MONTHS put on 10mg then 15mg then 20mg of Zyprexa (Givenlong acting injection of Thorazine as well).  May 23rd 2022 Reduced from 20mg to 17.5mg Zyprexa, June 9th 15mg started nighttime. April 2023 taken off Zyprexa cold turkey and put on two monthly injections of Invega Sustena.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Eating fresh avocados got rid of my withdrawal mania for some reason (did it multiple times on different occasions)

Could be the potassium 

1997-2019 Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Celexa, Effexor, Serzone, Wellbutrin, Amitryptiline, Mirtazapine, Lexapro (mostly, 10-20mg)

Jan 16-Feb 2019 Fast tapered Lexapro after spontaneous kundalini syndrome 

Feb-Jul Used various herbs to deal with severe anxiety (bacopa, gotu kola)

Sept 2019 Developed histamine intolerance and daily panic

Currently taking high DHA fish oil, magnesium.  Occasionally l-ornithine, l-lysine, l-glycine, melatonin for sleep.  Dayvigo for sleep, and l-thp or seroquel (haven't settled on dose) for sleep when in sleep deprivation crisis

• Moderator Emeritus

Q:  Are you currently on a specific diet?  For instance:  low carb, keto, paleo?

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

I started a diet about 2 months ago of eating only natural occurring foods. No processed foods. No sugar. No sugar substitutes except for fruit (and fresh dates when I need them. I've also tried dried figs). As much organic food as possible. And no gluten.

I saw an article on gluten that said that Japanese people had incidences of schizophrenia 1 to 30,000 before they adopted american wheat and then they had incidences of 1 to 100 similar to America.

My dad also got me into Juicing, he got me a centrifugal juicer from Walmart for $65. I juice daily now after drinking the juice has helped me with withdrawal symptoms starting last month. I also eat an organic multivitamin 2 hours after I take my pill and Lions Mane (natural mushroom supplement with no other ingredients). 

My daily juicing recipe is (all organic): 1 orange with peel, 1 half lemon with peel, 1 lime with peel, 2 - 3 sticks celery, 1/3rd cucumber, 1/2 a beet and I include stems, 3 handfuls kale, 3 organic carrots, organic ginger root, organic turmeric root. I noticed after I drink it I feel better immediately, although It doesn't get rid of withdrawal mania but eating a fresh Avocado did several times (not guacamole which is not as fresh). 

I keep a journal of all the times I've felt better from withdrawal symptoms from my diet and it's getting to be quite long actually. I can usually rely on fresh avacados to get rid of fast thinking from withdrawal. I got rid of social anxiety yesterday that had popped up from my daily drink. After drinking the drink it became tolerable. I ate some organic coconut and my intuition fixed itself. It's actually pretty strange how absolutely Natural foods (especially vegetables) and naturally occuring fatty foods like Avacados Coconuts and Organic unsalted Peanut Butter can help with withdrawal symptoms. (But I'm not really that surprised that it has for me. I mean, the brain is held in an unnatural state by drugs, once reducing the drugs the brain is restructuring itself/healing itself and why wouldn't natural foods like organic fruits and vegetables and fat sources like Avacado help with the restructering.)

This is an experiment for me... I'm not claiming that natural foods can fix mental illness. But it can't hurt to eat this way. I did notice after taking my multivitamin one day and some lions mane 2 hours after my Olanzapine that I felt like I had taken a chill pill and that had been right before I was feeling anxious. (I take Garden of Life men's multivitamin that is from organic fruits/vegetables)

https://friendsforpeers.angelfire.com/Index.html - my website and discord server

Zyprexa (not sure what mg) But got off after a month of being put on in hospital. early 2007 Respirodol (experienced ackathesia so got off in 4 - 6 months from a 6mg dose) Later 2007 tried Seroquel but got offbecause didn't like it.  Later 2007 tried Abilify but had ackathesia, got off2008 - 2015 Unmedicated but on Serequel 800mg when hospitalized   Later 2015 - Unmedicated but put on Prolixyn when hospitalized (Had very uncomfortable stiffness so got off immediately when out of hospital)2016 Unmedicated but put on Haldol when hospitalized (caused Seizures and stiffness couldn't lay down for 3 days until taken off) Later 2016Tried Zyprexa irregular dosesEarly 2017 Put on Zyprexa 15mg stayed on 15 mg until 2020 January 2020 Zyprexa 15mg didn't seem to be working so increased to Zyprexa 20mgOctober - December 2020 Reduced Zyprexa from 20 mg to 15mg to 10mg to 7.5mg to 5mg to 2.5mg. Hospitalized January 1st 2021March 2021 15mg Zyprexa April 12.5mg Zyprexa  May, June and July 10mg Zyprexa, August 7.5mg Zyprexa, September 1st toOctober 23th 2021 5mg Zyprexa.  October 23rd - December 13th 3.75mg Zyprexa December 13th - January 12th 3.1mg Zyprexa HOSPITALIZED FOR 4.5 MONTHS put on 10mg then 15mg then 20mg of Zyprexa (Givenlong acting injection of Thorazine as well).  May 23rd 2022 Reduced from 20mg to 17.5mg Zyprexa, June 9th 15mg started nighttime. April 2023 taken off Zyprexa cold turkey and put on two monthly injections of Invega Sustena.

So great, thanks for sharing that and all your observations! Yes, I wonder part of the effect is from the omega 3 fatty acids in the avocados :)

2017 Oct sertraline | Nov switched to escitalopram 10mg | 2018 Apr escitalopram fast taper (4-8 weeks) to zero/off

2018 Nov restarted escitalopram, increased to 20mg | 2020 Jan escitalopram fast taper (2-3 months) to zero/off

2020 Aug 27 restarted escitalopram 10mg tablet, came across SA.org

2021 Feb 27 complete switch to liquid 9.8mg | Mar 7 decreased to 9.5mg | Mar 14 decreased to 9.3mg | Mar 21 decreased to 9.0mg | Apr 11 decreased to 8.8mg | Apr 18 decreased to 8.6mg | May 9 decreased to 8.3mg | May 16 decreased to 8.1mg | Jun 6 increased to 9.0mg | July 18 decreased to 8.6mg | Aug 15 decreased to 8.2mg | Sept 19 decreased to 8.0mg | Oct 21 decreased to 7.6mg | Nov 18 decreased to 7.2mg | Dec 16 decreased to 6.9mg

2022 Feb 27 decreased to 6.8mg | Mar 31 decreased to 6.4mg | Jul 5 decreased to 6.1mg | Jul 23 decreased to 5.8mg | Aug 10 increased to 6.0mg | Nov 24 decreased to 5.4mg | Dec 31 decreased to 4.8mg

2023 Feb 1 decreased to 4.4mg | May 17 decreased to 4mg | Jul 6 decreased to 3.8mg | Jul 19 decreased to 3.6 | Aug 11 decreased to 3.2mg | Sept 9 decreased to 3.0mg | Sept 22 decreased to 2.7mg | Oct 24 increased to 2.775mg | Nov 12 decreased to 2.7mg | Dec 20 increased to 3.0mg

I hold for longer periods of time when life gets stressful, usually work related.

Supplements: currently none

I made a mistake in the above post. When i typed "as much organic food as possible" I meant based on the previous wording that I don't eat any processed food at all. So as much organic "food" as possible means as much organic foods like whole grains, organic potatoes, organic raw unsalted nuts, organic fruits and organic vegetables, and also I eat organic fresh roots like ginger and turmeric, and really any organic non-man made fruit/vegetable/seed/grain/root/nut - ect... Also no processed heat treated or steamed or salted foods (This is important for things like Oatmeal which is heat treated! but it's possible to find some that isn't.)

I do eat cheese but I get it at Aldis where it's only the milk that hasn't had vitamin D added because that is a hormone (not for me) and it has enzymes and sometimes annoto which is vegetable coloring. Cheese is the only thing I eat that might be considered "processed". I eat organic brown rice, organic sproutable oatmeal groats (oatmeal can be a weird one. Even the organic oatmeal that isn't sproutable is toasted or steamed to make it last longer and that actually messed with my withdrawal symptoms, but I got this sproutable oat groats on Amazon that is basically not heat treated and it didn't cause me any weird withdrawal symptoms). I also eat Organic Buckwheat, Organic Millet, and Organic Amaranth which are all grains. I eat Organic potatoes (which i mentioned earlier) and I eat many types of organic dried beans. I also eat raw unsalted nuts (i eat walnuts, pecans, almonds, and pistachios but any nuts work), I also eat organic unsalted peanut butter daily - it has a way of making you feel full and it's a great oil for the brain healing process since the brain is made of oil. I eat steamed vegetables almost daily - usually organic red cabbage, organic broccoli, cauliflower, organic yellow squash, organic zucchini, and I like to add 3 organic mushrooms in the daily portion of steamed vegetables. I also steam green beans, and snap peas, brussel sprouts, eggplant, organic red radish, and really there's no wrong way to steam any vegetable - The red cabbage makes the steam juice tasty for me though, and I ALWAYS drink the steamed juice after it's done steaming (I make mine in a mini Dash rice cooker - just push the button 20 minutes later steamed vegetables with nice juice). 

I eat at least 1 fresh avacado daily usually in the evening to stop the fast thinking/mania from the withdrawal since I just reduced again a week ago and the withdrawal was causing it. I juice daily with a centrifugal juicer: 

I also drink a little bit of organic extra virgin olive oil (about 2 - 3 teaspoons) mixed in water to make it not taste so bad once a day. 

Really this diet is just left up to the imagination - Anything that is naturally occurring and not man-made is available (with a tendency to eat as much organic based on budget). 

I have a bunch of spices that I use that have only spices in it (this was really hard as most spices have unnatural ingredients). 

I also went to an Indian store and got some Fresh Tamarind (whole and not processed), Fresh Tamarind is actually pretty enjoyable to eat (the actual plant, not some paste or something). I also purchase raw coconuts from the Indian store and crack them open myself. I eat a little bit of coconut that I have in my fridge daily. 

I eat a lot of organic bananas, but Rasberries have done wonders for my recovery in my opinion. I love rasberries. Blueberries and blackberries are fun. I eat every fruit there is available. 

I eat Organic Power greens once a day when I take my medication and I do this because in 2010 when I had gotten off of Serequel cold turkey I had wondered into a Safeway store and purchased a carton of organic Power Greens, after eating a lot of them my brain was working normal from not working normal at all before I ate them.

The daily juicing and 1 fresh Avacado is probably the biggest contributor to feeling mentally good in the day for me (avacado got rid of the withdrawal fast thinking several different times) and the juicing actually makes me feel mentally better (not sure how to describe it). The juicing recipe I've settled on I put in my earlier post. 

So the experiment behind this diet is to use Nature to heal myself and see if that works. So there's no man made food in the diet (except for cheese and sour cream), only natural "food" and really it's totally up to eating as many natural foods as I want to so there's no limitation on any natural food. No sugar and no sugar substitutes though - sugar is a drug that the food industry has addicted everyone to to sell more food(It also causes Diabetes. My opinion is it's not good for brain health). Dates have a lot of natural sugar, are not that expensive, and also dried figs are rather sweet too - but dates and fruits are my go-to if my body needs sugar. 

Another thing is that I eat only Sea Salt from France called "celtic sea salt" and I don't drink anything but Crystal Guyser spring water. Tap water has tons of chemicals in it and I don't trust any other water than Crystal Guyser based on the research I did. 

Ok, I don't want to post another post but... I'm racing all over my apartment with fast uncontrollable thoughts doing stuff. I drink my juice drink makes me feel better but doesn't get rid of the fast thoughts/racing around stuff. I only have some hard avacados that aren't hardly ripe so I'm like bummer... But this is getting too much, I'm feeling like I can't handle it. So I'm like whatever, I have to eat this mostly hard avacado. I start eating it and a few bites in, calmed down mentally, by the end of the Avacado i'm just typing this message and i'm feeling super peaceful. So this is the 3rd time this has happened eating Avacados and there's no way anyone can tell me experiencing fast thinking and racing around from withdrawal which is uncomfortable can just be thought away, so FOR ME at least and with Olanzapine withdrawal which is all I know about, fresh avacados have gotten rid of mania 3 times now after eating an Avacado. Thought I would make this post to confirm that it did this for me. If it's like the last two times the fast thinking/acting will not come back at least until the next day of having taken Olanzapine. 

• Moderator Emeritus

I think it would be a good idea to be looking at what you eat, take, do prior to the racing thoughts.  There might be something that is triggering the racing thoughts that can be eliminated or reduced.

5 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

I think it would be a good idea to be looking at what you eat, take, do prior to the racing thoughts.  There might be something that is triggering the racing thoughts that can be eliminated or reduced.

Um could be... I've been on my diet for 2 months and had no racing thoughts/actions until 4 days ago though - I made a reduction in medication 7 days ago. I did add coconut to my diet like 4 days ago which I eat every day now so that kind of makes sense that it could have caused it especially if the coconut was GMO.

I didn't have any racings thoughts yesterday or today... I also was able to get more rest/sleep today than I have since the reduction and I felt less ability to push myself (felt my body was slowing down) - which is a good thing. 

Since coconut is the only thing I added to my diet... I was able to find a different source for coconut. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I don't want to post a new thread... so I'm just leaving this in this thread... 

But I did want to confirm something. 

For the past 3.5 weeks there are sooo many times I've had some NONSENSE thought processes bothering me and I've drank my daily drink and it has fixed itself almost immediately after drinking! Soo many times to the point where I feel like it needs to be shared. 

I'm on about the 6th+ time that eating a fresh avacado has gotten rid of fast thinking too (Hey i'm not saying it works for anyone else, but it is absolutely working for me). 

My daily Juice Drink is with a $65 centrifigal juicer from Walmart. My juicing recipe is all Organic: organic 1/2 beet with stems, organic 2 - 3 sticks celery, 3 handfuls organic Kale, 1/2 organic lemon with peel (this is only if I have it), 1 organic lime with peel, 1 organic orange with peel - this is the best ingredient in my opinion, 1/3rd organic cucumber, 1 piece organic ginger root, 1 piece organic turmeric root, 3 organic carrots. 

I don't know if any of this will work for anyone else... or if juicing works without the rest of the diet (my diet is in the above posts), but for me when I want to get rid of bullsh*t thoughts, drinking this juice drink works almost immedietely soo many times, and for me I've gotten rid of mania like 3 times with fresh avacados (fast thinking 3 out of the 6 or more times i've eaten an avacado fixed itself immediately and I know something like Mania fixed itself 3 times when eaten an avacado, and basically I only had it like 3 times, the rest of the times were fast thinking and not being able to be totally calm and that fixed itself after eaten an avacado every single time except once for like 6+ times now and I haven't been counting but it's been working every time except once and even that once I wasn't overly fast thinking, I just didn't get the usual calm is all - every other time since like when I made this post except once I got a calm after eating, and every single time I had mania it went away, I've been eating an Avacado daily). 

Hey, i'm not saying this cures mental illness... But I am saying it's helping me. (I'm not saying this will do anything for anyone else) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I ate a full avocado with my dinner yesterday and definitely felt more mentally stable just after, so I’m going to buy some more and give it a try again haha.

Do you just whack all the ingredients in the juicer and then drink it? Do you have to chop them up beforehand or anything?

Thanks

Active Monday-Friday UK time

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

50mg - Oct 2020, 100mg - Dec 2020, 50mg - April 2021, 75mg - May 2021, 50mg - Sep 2021; Failed taper attempt (50 -> 49) - Jan 2024; Second attempt to start taper - 17 Feb 2024

Current dose: 48.9mg (Feb 2024)

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg  - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

Cod liver oil

3 hours ago, Erimus said:

Hi,

I ate a full avocado with my dinner yesterday and definitely felt more mentally stable just after, so I’m going to buy some more and give it a try again haha.

Do you just whack all the ingredients in the juicer and then drink it? Do you have to chop them up beforehand or anything?

Thanks

I have a hamilton beach centrifugal $60 juicer from walmart.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hamilton-Beach-Easy-Clean-Juice-Extractor-800-Watts-Model-67735/809504798?athbdg=L1600 

I keep the vegetables and fruits in my fridge but I keep the ginger and turmeric roots outside of the fridge because they last a while. I also try to make sure to buy vegetables that aren't airtight wrapped. The cucumbers are easy to just break with my hands usually about 1/3rd a cucumber, the celery is easy to just break off when I want to use some, the beets I cut in half right before I juice, the oranges I cut in 4ths as well as the lemon and the lime (but I only use half a lemon), the ginger root and turmeric root I just break off portions. The 3 Kale handfuls are easy to juice when carrots are juiced at the same time. 

The juicer I have has a big opening so it's easy to just put most everything in (The oranges lemon and lime don't juice well unless they're cut in 4ths). 

(I recommend getting organically grown ingredients for the juicing recipe but may not be necessary)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

@Guile1

I have a question about avocados.  I've only just started eating them about 3 months ago so I don't have much experience.  I know how to select them and what to do to ripen them.

I leave my avocados out of the fridge until they "give" a little bit when pressed and then put in the vegetable drawer.  I have some that when I have cut them open they have a hard area close to the stone, sort of woody and tough.  The rest of the fruit is ripe but when I cut them in half and twist to release from the stone the hard part stays stuck to the stone and I cannot use 1/3 to 1/2 of the avocado.  One was so bad on one half that I ended up throwing it out.

Do you get avocados like this?

I have had some that have been bad in the middle, black and mushy, and I have heard that it because they pick them and then refrigerate them to store them.  But this is different.

• 1 month later...

I usually buy fresh avacados at Walmart and put them in the fridge so that they don't go rotten on me too fast. I tend to error on the side of letting them be a little raw than be too mushy. 

• 5 months later...

I posted this information in my thread but thought it would be useful to post it here as well. Here are the links to my posts.

Current Psychiatric Medications

1. Paxil 10mg daily (a.m.) 2017 - Present
  2. Carbamazepine IR  190 mg twice daily (380mg Daily) 2011 - Present (Currently Tapering)

Past Psychiatric Medications From 1994 to August 2021   Seroquel (in Recovery since August 2021 final dose 6.25mg), Depakote, Lithium, Risperidone, Xanax, Lamotrigene, Olanzapine, Lorazepam, Welbutrin, Trazodone, Oxazepam, Gabapentin, Abilify, Topiramate, Prazosin, Ambien (See Attached Spreadsheet And Seroquel Tapering And WIthdrawal Summary)

Current Non Psychiatric Medications Levothyroxine 88mcg (a.m.)-Vitamin D3 1000 IU (p.m.)-Fexofenadine 180 mg twice daily -Clonidine 0.1 mg (p.m.)-Azelastine Nasal Spray

Other - Fish Oil Twice Daily-Multi-Vitamin (a.m.)-Vitamin C 1000mg Daily (a.m.)-Saline Nasal Spray-Salsalate 750mg twice daily PRN, Diclofenac Gel on affected joint PRN-Magnesium Citrate 250mg twice daily, Betaine HCL & Digestine Enzymes With Meals

Quitting Seroquel_A Vacation In Hell_Redacted.pdf

Other Documents https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/26099-feralcatman-recovering-from-seroquel/?do=findComment&comment=633907

• Altostrata changed the title to Diets and foods to lessen symptoms

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy