dadof2: son's withdrawal symptoms after stopping fluoxetine

dadof2

Hi all,

I am new here and looking for some advise/feedback in regards to my son and his withdrawal from Fluoxetine.

My son Jay was on the above meds for about nine years and is now 21 years of age, he decided to come off them 8 months ago.

He has every withdrawal symptom going and is convinced he is going to die from the toxins of the medication and wants to kill himself daily.

Does anyone know of any professional drs/psyhciatists that have dealt with the withdrawal process as we are struggling to find him the correct help.

We did not know they were so addictive and trusted our so called experts, 

Any advise or tips would be so helpful, thanks in advance.

Dave. Desperate dad.

• ChessieCat changed the title to dadof2: son's withdrawal symptoms after stopping fluoxetine
  • Administrator

Welcome, dadof2.

I wish I could refer you to a physician who knows anything about tapering or withdrawal syndrome. What was his method of tapering fluoxetine? Did he simply quit cold-turkey?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.