Titov33: Hello, off Paxil after 16 years

Titov33

Hi,

I did a 2 month taper down from 40 to 0 Paxil. No brain zaps, more and faster creativity with the written word (my mother tongue is spanish :-) recovered sexuality and facility with erections and ejaculations, feels like I am 15 years old again)

I noticed sentimentality and crying with beautiful music and with pictures of children in war torn countries. Some paranoia and overthinking about rivalries at my job but if I reorient my thought to God (i am catholic) I do fine. I am also a recovering alcoholic- drug addict and spent a lot of time in AA and their philosophy works for me. I also have  little headaches and bad humor but I don't feel is much different than when I stopped Klonopin years ago.

My shrink recommended me to quit paxil 5 years ago but I was too dependent, but when I started working out early in 2018 as a new year's resolution it gave me the strenght to try and I was sucessful.

I'll probably report myself to my Psych next week to see what he recommends. 

I am on Lithium Carbonate 900. Do any of you think the Psych will raise the dose? 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Titov33: Hello, off Paxil after 16 years

Titov. Well done ~ congratulations, although that is an extremely fast taper and it may catch up with you ~   I'm sorry but this is not our area of expertise. We are a site for helping to withdraw off psychiatric drugs ~ if you are interested, then please let us know.

Please put your withdrawal history in your signature.

I may have misunderstood, In which case :  a history, as mentioned above would be a very good place to start and we can go from there , if you are wanting help tapering.

Welcome to SA. ( Surviving Antidepressants).  

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014