Mask: Pgad from antidepressants

Mask

• Administrator

Hello, @Mask  I merged your two accounts. Here is your Introductions topic.

How long have you had a resurgence of PGAD? Did you take any drugs or alcohol before it got worse again?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

hi Altostra,

its been 1 week again i am feeling pgad again.yesterday i was feeling good today as well but slight pain in the genitals and need to go bathroom for urine....day before yesterday was worse out of nowhere i began have bad pgad day before yesterday but now again feeling ok today....i am just anxious that i am ads free since two year... and after a year of hard withdrawal and pgad and almost a year of feeling wellbeing its again comming back...its been a week since i am feeling pgad again but some days are good and some days are bad....and no i dont take alchohol ....

i took different antidepressants medications for depression and anciety 

from 2013 to 2017 with no benefit i kept on changing the ads but of no use and i gave up...and then the pgad started..

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

Now i am antidepressants free 

2017 december was the last time i took ads since then i havent taken any ads medication

My main symptom is pgad 

i get stabbing pain in genital area which is interfering in my daily life..

and very mild arousals which dosent bother me.

And one more thing i have noticed that whenever i ride bike my pgad get worse 

from 2013 to 2017 with no benefit i kept on changing the ads but of no use and i gave up...and then the pgad started..

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

2017 december was the last time i took ads since then i havent taken any ads medication

My main symptom is pgad 

I am confused now i was almost one year free from pgad i was very relax my sleep was good everything but again after one year its irritating me again since one week...i actually started to lead a normal life i was going to get admission in university for my masters studies...but pgad again comming back but not hard as before...

i am not getting as severe arousal as 2 years before but pain in genitals and little  bit urge to urinate...

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

dont  know whats going on now 

is it a wave or what ...or it is like post acute withdrawal....tell me please if it is a wave or something else because its been 2 years since i last took a pill...when i withdrew from ads i got very severe pgad and then after 1 year of withdrawal i started getting better and i became hopefull to the point that i felt normal...excellent sleep and almost no pgad but then out of nowhere  1 week earlier it started again...and i am once again depress..is it a wave or what ?

•  

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

Is the depression because of the pgad of in addition to the pgad?

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

hi, brassmonkey

depression is because of pgad 

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

Because of the quick onset of the symptoms, the increased symptoms because of the bicycle and the depression being due to the pgad, it might be a good idea to get your prostate checked out.  I think it may have more to do with things than an ADWD 18 month wave.  Just an idea, but worth a shot.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Administrator
On 12/4/2019 at 12:19 AM, Mask said:

And one more thing i have noticed that whenever i ride bike my pgad get worse 

I would stop riding your bike for a while. Walking is good exercise that can help your body to heal.

The normal course of recovery is very gradual but uneven, with bad periods and good periods we can waves and windows. Please do what you can to stay calm and not add to your symptoms with distress over them, you can make them worse.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Hi altostrata,

its very distressing for me i thought i had recovered from pgad as you know i was like healed from pgad for almost one year after one year of severe pgad ...i was looking forward in life to do things which matters but it (pgad) came back....i am again upset now and depressed...but lets see it might be possibly a wave triggered by riding bike....hope for the better...and please motivate me to go through this ....cathyfrench has also improved a lot i have been reading her posts and i also have been improved a lot these 2 years since it actually began....but this wave is awfull right now

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

Altostrata 

its been 2 years now,no doubt that i have improved a lot these 2 years ,i had windows and waves...but for how long i will be suffering windows and waves i thought i had recovered but again a wave...for how much long these windows and waves will continue...

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

It seems like my main problem is riding bike...this pgad started again as a result of riding bike ....when i ride one bike gets worse but as soon as i dont ride on bike for a while my pgad dont distrub me ....but bike is very importnt for me as all work and activity in daily life i have to do on bike.....if i dont ride on bike i cant do my work 😨but if i ride bike it will flare up pgad...this is so heartbreaking and distrubing.......any suggestions or any solution please ....

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

Hi Mask, I'm sorry I don't have any solutions or good advice right now but I understand your worries a lot, I'm also almost 2 years off ADs and have PGAD. I just wanted to to give you some comfort that you're not alone in this even though it feels very isolating. I think the fact you almost had a year of being PGAD-free is a really good sign, sounds like a huge window which means you are healing and quite fast in my opinion too. :) It will come back but it's a really good sign that it's milder, it shows you are healing. One day, probably very soon for you, you will have the last wave and then a window/healed forever. Rest lots, keep distracted with things that make you happy, eat well and don't be hard on yourself. When I'm in a wave I write a lot, usually my feelings or things that make me happy, I think it's therapeutic so maybe it'll help you too. Best of luck!

16.4.14 - 25.4.15 Took Paxil (??mg) - cold turkey. Had random pgad symptoms around this time but not sure when exactly.

?.5.14: Started Citalopram (10mg) / 17.5.14: Quickly upped to 20mg  / 9?.15: upped to 30mg. 

8.16: Tapered off Citalopram in less than 2 weeks / 9.16: straight back on 20mg for just a week then stopped cold turkey. 11.16 Very mild pgad, PN symptoms and other withdrawals started.

7.12.16: Took Amitriptyline 10mg for just 2 days then stopped cold turkey.

14.12.16: reinstated 5mg of Citalopram / 1?.16: 10mg Citalopram / ?.16: 20mg Citalopram. 3.17 (6 months since withdrawing) pgad hit.

8.2.18: 15mg Citalopram / 8.3.18: 10mg / 8.4.18: 5mg / 12?.5.18: 2.5mg / 19.5.18: 0mg. pgad worsened almost instantly from first tapper, all sorts of PN symptoms, earworm, tinnitus, other things, coming and going until late 9.18 (4 months since 0mg) where it all got SO MUCH worse for 1.11 years (with windows and waves).

1.9.20: 99% healed ❤️

31.5.21: Smoked weed 5 out of 9 days. Pgad and other old withdrawals came back, plus developed akathesia & fibromyalgia.

7.22: Steadily recovering again ❤

2.23: Acute withdrawals coming back, no apparent reason.

Hi dear Rbvdk,

yes its true i was healed completely from pgad for almost one year...by the way are you male or female ...lets see how long it goes...and again i am not feeling as bad as before when it first begun...but still slight sensations in the private parts...and this gets much worse specially when i am riding on a bike.... i guess its similar like post acute withdrawal maybe ....

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

i am having pain some time mild sometime strong  and little arousal symptoms in my private parts right now + i am bit irritated and anxious..i dont know how long this wave will take to subside my sleep is good though..

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

Hello altostarata,

i want to ask from you that for how long windows and waves will continue as you know i had a window and then again i am back in wave..although i had a huge window which stayed for months...but for how long this pattern of window and wave will continue...please tell me about the window and wave pattern 

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

to everyone,

Never use antidepressants or sleeping pill unless it is the last option ....i foolishly tried many ads but i didnt get any response from any ads and at the end it gave me pgad...rather then doing some good for me these ads worsen so its been 2 year i have given up on ads....never ever use ads drug....

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

• Moderator Emeritus
3 hours ago, Mask said:

Hello altostarata,

i want to ask from you that for how long windows and waves will continue as you know i had a window and then again i am back in wave..although i had a huge window which stayed for months...but for how long this pattern of window and wave will continue...please tell me about the window and wave pattern 

Hi Mask,

I'm not an expert but from all the stories i've read on SA, there is only one certainty in this process  : absolutly nobody can predict the time healing takes, so nobody can tell you how long you'll have waves and Windows.

However the fact that you had a few months Window sounds like a very good sign : more Windows are coming.

Best wishes

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

On 12/8/2019 at 11:42 AM, Mask said:

Hi dear Rbvdk,

yes its true i was healed completely from pgad for almost one year...by the way are you male or female ...lets see how long it goes...and again i am not feeling as bad as before when it first begun...but still slight sensations in the private parts...and this gets much worse specially when i am riding on a bike.... i guess its similar like post acute withdrawal maybe ....

Hi, I'm female. It's a really good sign you're not feeling as bad as before! Maybe you should check out some pelvic floor relaxation techniques? I hear a lot of people who get pgad from withdrawals also end up with a tight pelvic floor (probably from all the stress of withdrawing) and this can come and go too from what I've heard from those who are going through/have gone through it. Depending on where you are, you can get pelvic floor physio therapists who can check it and help it too. 

Bikes are one of the most irritating things for your pudendal nerve (that's the thing that gets irritated when you have a tight pelvic floor too and is responsible for arousal feelings if I remember right) so even though your pgad is caused by withdrawals, if anything irritates that nerve then it's going to make the pgad irritated too.

16.4.14 - 25.4.15 Took Paxil (??mg) - cold turkey. Had random pgad symptoms around this time but not sure when exactly.

?.5.14: Started Citalopram (10mg) / 17.5.14: Quickly upped to 20mg  / 9?.15: upped to 30mg. 

8.16: Tapered off Citalopram in less than 2 weeks / 9.16: straight back on 20mg for just a week then stopped cold turkey. 11.16 Very mild pgad, PN symptoms and other withdrawals started.

14.12.16: reinstated 5mg of Citalopram / 1?.16: 10mg Citalopram / ?.16: 20mg Citalopram. 3.17 (6 months since withdrawing) pgad hit.

8.2.18: 15mg Citalopram / 8.3.18: 10mg / 8.4.18: 5mg / 12?.5.18: 2.5mg / 19.5.18: 0mg. pgad worsened almost instantly from first tapper, all sorts of PN symptoms, earworm, tinnitus, other things, coming and going until late 9.18 (4 months since 0mg) where it all got SO MUCH worse for 1.11 years (with windows and waves).

31.5.21: Smoked weed 5 out of 9 days. Pgad and other old withdrawals came back, plus developed akathesia & fibromyalgia.

Hi dear Rbvdk,

i have read your post regarding me

this is what exactly i am feeling right now i dont have arousals as strong as before i guess my pelvic area is very tight its hurting in the private parts and hip area...maybe you are correct about tight pelvi floor regardingme beacuse thats what i am feeling right now...but please can you tell me to whom i ask about pelvic floor problem i mean which doctor would treat this..what kind of doctor would treat this.....

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

Hi dear Rbvdk,

i have read your post regarding me

this is what exactly i am feeling right now i dont have arousals as strong as before i guess my pelvic area is very tight its hurting in the private parts and hip area...maybe you are correct about tight pelvi floor regardingme beacuse thats what i am feeling right now...but please can you tell me to whom i ask about pelvic floor problem i mean which doctor would treat this..what kind of doctor would treat this.....

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

i dont have strong arousals as before...my arousals are very mild infact non existing sometimes but thing hurting me right now is pain in hips area pelvic area....rbvdk please tell me if there is a doctor which treat this....or help me let me know please

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

i dont have strong arousals as before...my arousals are very mild infact non existing sometimes but thing hurting me right now is pain in hips area pelvic area....rbvdk please tell me if there is a doctor which treat this....or help me let me know please

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

Rbvdk,

i had this kind of pelvic floor issue along with pgad at the early stages of my wd from ads...but all these problem dissapeared for a while and i started to feel better but now its back....maybe what i think is that these all issues are related to ad withdrawal....and not genuine problems i guess....because i had all these types of pain in my early time of withdrawal.....

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

Hi everyone.... update is 

my arousals feeling are not bad now they are on very low mood right now....but i m feeling mild to moderate uncomfortablity in my private parts ...... 

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

On 12/12/2019 at 10:30 AM, Mask said:

Hi, search for Pelvic Floor Physio nearby to you. If you're unable to find one go to the doctor and ask them to refer you to somewhere that has it.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, Rbvdk said:

Hi, search for Pelvic Floor Physio nearby to you. If you're unable to find one go to the doctor and ask them to refer you to somewhere that has it.

Good luck!

Rbvdk...

what i think is that the pelvic and genitals pains and uncomfortablity is all related to pgad...because when my wd was in early stages like when i withdrew from ads in the begining my pain was worst in the pelvic area and as the time passes pain subsided and all the pgad sypmtoms which i felt dissapeared...so i think these all pains are part of pgad....i think you must read the story of cathyfrench on this forum she was also suffering from pgad and now she is good her pgad is gone according to her....she also felt the same pain from pgad and after 2 and half years of withdrawal she is well and good....so i believe this will pass....and for me it dissapeared but now its back but not strong as before....i think that i am going from process of waves and windows....

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

I wanted to tell everyone that some 4 years ago i was suffering from restless leg syndrome  also due to antidepressants....i was very panicked at that point of time as i am today regarding pgad...i felt very uncomfortablity need to move legs and pains in legs similar to pgad....i was worried when i had restless legs i thought it would not go away it was like urge to move your legs means your legs are not at rest always felt the pain in the legs at that point of time it was very hard for me to keep my legs still..but now i am ok i dont feel any restless legs my legs are perfectly fine now.....my restless legs syndrome was similar to pgad...but that passes on its own...so i belive (God willing) this shall too pass....the main thing  is to just stop ads drug....ads drug gave me restless leg syndrome but it has passed and now i have pgad due to ads which is mild ....but pgad and restless legs syndrome are all same .....i recovered from rls i hope i will recover from this pgad which is mild right now ....

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

hi everyone,

right now i m feeling uncomfortablity in my genitals area...i hope it passes away soon...in the morning uncomfortablity in private parts is bad and in the night i feel normal .....prayers for everyone 🙂

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

i am feeling bad again regarding pgad its like pgad is gaining its previous  power when actually it was worse 2 years ago and i am hoping it may be temprory...please tell me whats goin on with me again....is it again a wave which will pass or what....i dont want to be back again in this hell...i hope this will end soon whatever it is ...

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

Hi everyone,

i have read hopeful and cathyfrench stories and they are very motivational and hopeful stories...

Just like cathyfrench and hopeful my pgad was also neary gone after almost 2 years of antdepressants wd suffering,i felt normal and relaxed it was like you are normal,,no arousals,no pain in your private parts it was amazing feeling after suffering from pgad..the first year for me after wd from ads was very hard...my pgad was worse i was like hell...then after 1 year of withdrawal my pgad and other symptom started to get better and i became hopefull to the point that i got pgad free in recent months it was like almost 7 to 8 months free of pgad...so o thought yes i have done it i was very excited that i got out of pgad hell....i left this forum because i didnt feel any need to come on this forum but now again in recent days my pgad is back and i am very afraid of it and feeling anxious....people on this site are telling me this is wave and you will get ok but now my pgad is again getting stronger....and i am stressed and afraid...but i know it diminshed earlier and i hope it will go away completely soon....my prayers with everyone who is suffering from pgad as i can understand your pain...

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

• Administrator

That is correct, Mask, it went away before and it can go away again. Please remind yourself of this.

Hi altostarata

But i am frustrated and angry that when it had (pgad) went away and i felt totally normal for 7 to 8 months  then why did it came back again and this is so frustrating...please motivate me 

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

Hi everyone,

Please tell me how long will this wave take to dissappear and when i will get another window 

i already had a 8 month long window....thats way i am confident and waiting for another window or complete resolution of symptom ...i hope its my last wave which i am going through...right now...lets say if i had a 8 month long window then how many months long will this wave could be any idea guys....

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

i am having severe pelvic pain right now ...i am thinking to go to have check up from doctor tommorrow .

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

i am bit better now from past 2 days....

i have read many stories on sa and have learnt that the longer the use of ads the longer withdrawal and the shorter usage of ads the shorter the withdrawal....

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad