☼ Deathstroke51432: military officer needing help in withdrawing from risperidone

Deathstroke51432

On 3/17/2019 at 5:28 AM, ChessieCat said:

That's really great to hear.  Thank you for coming back to update us on how you are.  We really do appreciate it.

I am very fine... guess i had a manic kind of episode due to methamphetamine overdose and use of excessive hash... it kind of gave me a manic kind of episode... i was misdiagnosed, wrongly and forcefully treated and doctors did not believe my side of story... rest, story is mentioned up in the thread... i was administered with antipsychotics and i was suicidal... then after almost 4 months, i went cold Turkey... slowly but gradually; guess my nervous system started to repair itself... it took time and medication to counter what was destroyed in me, anti psychotics did alter my brain coz as they say, they do shrink the brain... but on plus side, i at least recovered successfully... coz i was dying when i was taking resperidone... i was unable to sit at rest (akathesia) or even sleep or eat... my life was hell.. i just wanted to die.. but let me tell u, to all of u, recovery from these hellish medicines is possible... u just have to hold on, don't give up and keep going, keep fighting withdrawal effects... they are difficult to overcome and control but a man can do anything.. just put in ur best and believe me, ur nervous system is gonna kick start again on its own repairing itself... 

NOTE : I am not encouraging anyone to quit there medication but if u r half way through, i will suggest keep going... withdrawal effects will be over soon... it took me 9 long months to be back on my normal version but at least i made it through..  so if i can, anyone can.. that's what i believe... God speed to all... cheers

jAsonvorhees007😎

On 3/19/2019 at 2:37 PM, Carmie said:

Because you're feeling better, I added our cheerful "here comes the sun" symbol ☼ to the title of your Intro topic, to show you're recovering.

Please continue to let us know how you're doing. I hope you will add your story to our Recovery Success Stories eventually!

I will sir/ma'am... i m really thankful to all of u for giving me support and hope ... that is what i needed... i searched every forum on internet, but never found answers but the way people encouraged me here, it was really a booster for my recovery... thank u all once again ... and Good luck

jAsonvorhees007😎

• Moderator Emeritus

So happy for you!  Keep up the great work!  Peace Always, Glosmom

2016 - Oct -Daughter started Risperdal (for steroid induced psychosis that never went away after stopping prednisone)

Nov - dose increases stopped at 1.5mg in Dec

2017 - Jan- weaned from 1.5 to 1.0 in 2 weeks then 1.0 to .5 in two weeks and then off. Feb. 3 weeks of increased psychosis, pacing, insomnia, other awful symptoms so late Feb  - Back on 1.5 mg Risperdal. May  - decrease to 1.25mg, two weeks later 1.0mg - symptoms started again. June - held steady at 1.25mg for 6 weeks and switched to liquid (3 ml syringe). July - started 10% taper every 3 weeks, October -  .8 mg, December - .7 mg .

2018 -Jan- 0.65 mg,  Feb- 0.59,  Mar-0.50, late April - .40mg, July- .36 mg, Aug - switched from 3 mL syringe to 1 mL syringe for more accuracy (her dad and i were not sure we were giving her the same dose when in between the 'dashes' on the 3 mL syringe.) Aug -.30 mg (3mL syr)/.44 mg (1 mL syr) difference due to med in the tip of both syringes). Sept- .28 mg (3mL syr)/.42 mg (1 mL syr). Oct - .16 mg (3 mL syr)/.30 mg (1 mL syr). Nov.- .06mg (3mL syr)/.20 mg (1mLsyr). Dec. - tip only/unmeasurable (3mL syr)/.10 mg (1mLsyr)

2019- Jan -.06 mg (1 mL syr), Feb- .025 mg (1 mL syr), Feb 27, 2019 - jumped to zero!!

• Moderator Emeritus
On 4/2/2019 at 4:21 AM, Deathstroke51432 said:

I will sir/ma'am... i m really thankful to all of u for giving me support and hope ... that is what i needed... i searched every forum on internet, but never found answers but the way people encouraged me here, it was really a booster for my recovery... thank u all once again ... and Good luck

I’m so glad that this site helped you Deathstroke, and that you’re doing fine. 

You will inspire others on here too, so we appreciated your update. 

Sending hugs🤗

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg. 2020➡️5.60 to 4.80. 2021➡️4.60 to 4.0.  2022➡️3.95 to 3.55. 2023➡️ From 3.50 to 3.25.  2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️May1=3.05✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

• ChessieCat changed the title to ☼ Deathstroke51432: military officer needing help in withdrawing from risperidone
  • 4 months later...

Hello respected members, i visit this website once in a while coz people stop visiting this forum once they get better (quiet honestly, no one wants to recall those horrible days including myself) .. So my dose of 500 mg (Divalproex Sodium) Epival was changed to Epival CR, basically same thing and reduced to 1 tab every alternate day (Mon, Wed, Friday, Sunday...) and soon gonna get off of medicine completely IA. ... So people, here is progress... U have a beautiful life ahead of u.. keep going and always find someone, something to live for, aa for me, my everything is my wife and my family... So keep going and stay strong... Good look to everyone who is struggling and road ahead for getting better lies infront of u...

Regards

jAsonvorhees007😎

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Deathstroke, So happy to hear from you!  Great news that you are continuing to do well. Thank you so much for coming back to tell us life is good.   Keep up the great work and best wishes to you!! Glosmom

2016 - Oct -Daughter started Risperdal (for steroid induced psychosis that never went away after stopping prednisone)

Nov - dose increases stopped at 1.5mg in Dec

2017 - Jan- weaned from 1.5 to 1.0 in 2 weeks then 1.0 to .5 in two weeks and then off. Feb. 3 weeks of increased psychosis, pacing, insomnia, other awful symptoms so late Feb  - Back on 1.5 mg Risperdal. May  - decrease to 1.25mg, two weeks later 1.0mg - symptoms started again. June - held steady at 1.25mg for 6 weeks and switched to liquid (3 ml syringe). July - started 10% taper every 3 weeks, October -  .8 mg, December - .7 mg .

2018 -Jan- 0.65 mg,  Feb- 0.59,  Mar-0.50, late April - .40mg, July- .36 mg, Aug - switched from 3 mL syringe to 1 mL syringe for more accuracy (her dad and i were not sure we were giving her the same dose when in between the 'dashes' on the 3 mL syringe.) Aug -.30 mg (3mL syr)/.44 mg (1 mL syr) difference due to med in the tip of both syringes). Sept- .28 mg (3mL syr)/.42 mg (1 mL syr). Oct - .16 mg (3 mL syr)/.30 mg (1 mL syr). Nov.- .06mg (3mL syr)/.20 mg (1mLsyr). Dec. - tip only/unmeasurable (3mL syr)/.10 mg (1mLsyr)

2019- Jan -.06 mg (1 mL syr), Feb- .025 mg (1 mL syr), Feb 27, 2019 - jumped to zero!!

• 1 month later...

Hello again everyone.. so good news.. i m completely off of medication now.. no Epival no nothing... enjoying this life.. have recovered completely Alḥamdulillāh... Best of luck to everyone else.. pray for me as well.. 

Godspeed to all

Edited by ChessieCat
capitals to lower case

jAsonvorhees007😎

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2018 at 7:22 PM, Deathstroke51432 said:

I agree bro... By the grace of Almighty God, i have recovered fully... it took me a total of 90 days approx to recover... though everyday was difficult, the recovery was slow but it was improving day by day... initially i had insomnia which also has recovered.  Now i am one hundred percent ok.. and u r right... as i recovered, i forgot to come back to this forum... so all those people who feel hope is lost, it is not lost,.. just hang on and u will be alright... i thank everyone on this forum to give me hope.. and if i have made it through, u also can... just wait for a while.. and about emotions getting flat, they are also back.. i am back to my old self, rather i am much better and sweeter than i ever used to be... much more mature...

Please does anyone experiencing anything like partial tics during withdrawal, been on risperidone on and off for 3 months now . It was 30mg all together but it changed my personality and all . Though I found some symptoms disappearing gradually but the tics have sticked around ever since I stopped cold turkey. Had no issue with my medulla but was misdiagnosed and was kept in darkness about the medication. Sometimes I smoke some weed while on the drug and take alcohol until I found out about the interaction with the medication . Will the tics, neck tightness, face and jaw grip go away ? The waves are hellish but going back on risperidone to feel better will mean few steps backward . Zaps ️ are minimal now and the head shakes , moods better just two weeks off the offender ✌🏽💪🏾🤴🏾🧠shaky shaky brain 🧠 haha 🤣 sometimes pain is a lesson 

Edited by Henryk12
Because it wasn’t detailed

July 18 Risp 1/1mg day   on and of 12times didnt know it was the drug 

2m sep for 4 to September 9

Ct Sept 10 / RI 1mg Sept 15 to 16

went down to 0.5mg Sept 17/18 

CT sep 19 30mg whine drug estimate

tmj, brain zaps, itching, body pains, loud tinnitus, brain fog , tremors , body ,Td,deregulation , sleep issues due to loud tinnitus. Facial movements, clogged ear , choky , burning , discomfort,banging brain 

bruxism , teeth clenching, hedac/nerve p

• 5 months later...

Alright listen, during withdrawal, every person faces different withdrawal symptoms.  Ticks are part of withdrawal symptoms, not common though but happen. and change in personality, it is very common but u will feel better when this garbage is out of ur system and u r back to normal.  It takes time. Trust me after like more than a year of being normal, i just tested risperidone just for fun and it again started to mess me up. I took only 2 tablets, of 2 mg that is it . And it took like a week to get back to my original state and u took for like 3 month. Give it some time.. u will be alright 

jAsonvorhees007😎

• Administrator

Hello, Deathstroke, how are you? Have you recovered from the drugs?

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 years later...
On 4/2/2020 at 5:28 AM, Altostrata said:

Hello, Deathstroke, how are you? Have you recovered from the drugs?

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

Apologies for replying after such a long time.. u know, ppl stop visiting such sites when they recover and forget about the ppl who need help like they once needed, sadly i became one of them, but i will try to visit quite often now from now onwards IA.... Anyways, by Grace of Almighty, i m doing perfectly fine, drugs free no medication and living a healthy life now... My doc was talking to me on the other day and was still confused.. he told me that i was literally his first case he has ever witnessed recovered from what everyone suspects is Bipolar 1. He says throughout his 45 years of medical practice, he hasn't seen any case like mine... He is a very old and experienced doc btw. He still believes i had bipolar 1 coz i was Manic, i did fit all the criteria of being bipolar... He says that drugs like marijuana can trigger such illnesses but he doesn't think they can cause bipolar or psychosis.. but whatever, i am living my life to Fullest ALHAMDOLILLAH and i workout daily, living a healthy and happy life and am blessed with a son last year ... You are welcome to ask me antthing

Take care everyone... Wish u all a speedy recovery and a healthy life ❤️

Edited by ChessieCat
removed email address and reworded slightly to make sense

jAsonvorhees007😎

• Administrator

Good to see you again, @Deathstroke51432 and thanks for letting the community know how well you're doing. This will help a lot of people. 

How long have you been off risperidone? To help us out, follow these instructions Please summarize your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

I hope you will add your story to our Recovery Success Stories! Please see this topic:  How to write your success story

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 9 months later...
On 09.05.2018 at 08:21, Deathstroke51432 said:

Herkese tekrar merhaba... yine ben... bu yüzden durumumda günden güne belirgin bir iyileşme görüyorum, sanırım sinir sistemim kendini ayarlıyor. Hafıza Sisi neredeyse tamamen gitti ve duygular neredeyse tamamen geri geldi. Şarkıları dinlemeye ve eğlenmeye başladı. Sanki eski benliğime kavuşmuşum gibi. Sakinleşmeniz ve sinir sisteminize kendisini normale döndürmesi için zaman tanımanız yeterlidir.  

Daha fazla güncellenecek .. barış ve iyi şanslar

I am glad you got rid of risperidone. I am experiencing same thing. Taking off risperidone is the most painful thing in the world. I hope I can recover too. 

"PSYCHIATRY IS THE DARK AGES OF HUMAN MIND"

Amitriptyline 201?-2019

Mirtazapine 10 mg 2021-2022-2023 April last dose was 29 June 2023 - then she threw away mirtazapine 

Paroksetin 10 mg (2 weeks) 2023 March

Risperidone 0.5 mg March 2023 (1 week usage) 

Escitalopram 10 mg 2023 April (used 1 month, but it was an irregular use) 

Free from all drugs now

Currently fighting with PSSD 

💪