RevChris how to Taper when taking Lithium, Solian and Cymbalta

RevChris

Hi,

Ive been taking the three medications for over 12 years. How do I slowly come off them? do I have to do it one by one or can I reduce all three at the same time. 

I have quit sugar and processed foods and have vastly improved my nutrition. 

my medications are:

Lithium 1000mg each day, 500 in the morning and 500 in the evening

Solian 200mg in the morning and 200 at night

Cymbalta 60mg each morning.

I understand this process has to be done slowly and supported by good nutrition. I live in Australia and have been unable to find a doctor to help me.

• Altostrata changed the title to RevChris how to Taper when taking Lithium, Solian and Cymbalta
  • Administrator

Welcome, RevChris.

Do you have any side effects from these drugs? How's your sleep?

Please put ALL your drugs in the Drug Interactions Checker https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php
and copy and paste the results in this topic. (You might have to look for the Australian version of the site.)

To minimize your drug burden, if you've ever had symptoms labeled "psychotic," you will have to be careful to manage those symptoms if they reappear while you are tapering, or you'll end up back in hospital and get even more drugs.

So you'll need to be extra-careful to taper slowly, watch for symptoms, and stay calm. You'll have to be very diligent in self-care, such as going to bed at regular hours and getting enough sleep.

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.