Judge Rules Prozac Responsible For Murder

Jemima

• Moderator Emeritus

The homicidal and suicidal effects of antidepressants seem to be getting a lot more press lately. Here's an article by Jim Mercola, M.D., with a lot of good reasons to *not* go the antidepressant route and some natural substitutes for drugs:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/02/25/legal-system-rules-antidepressants-cause-kids-to-kill.aspx?e_cid=20120225_DNL_art_1

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

You know, I would've never believed such a thing myself, until this last year. I know for a FACT Lexapro made me more volatile than I EVER have been. I was just LUCKY enough to not have acted on my homicidal and suicidal tendencies while on that drug in particular. Believe you me, I came all too close. Now when I hear about domestic violence and murder, I look at it COMPLETELY differently.

It is an outrage that doctors are allowed to just blindly prescribe whatever and hope you don't kill yourself and/or others. Maybe this reaction is "rare", but is it worth it? NO...

Age 11-Depressed~14-Use alcohol and drugs~20-Prozac~21-Zoloft~29-Paxil; Used for 2 yrs; took 5 yrs to recover memory back~39-Raw Thyroid for low T3 & take Prilosec~40-Zoloft stops working, so Lexapro; doesn't work; start counseling. Start 300mg Omega 3 Fish Oil & Vit B Complex. Feel better. Taper off Lexapro unsuccessful~41 (5/22/11)-Quit Lexapro, b/c pills at once. Breakdown at work~(6/26/11)-Start 5mg Lexapro to help WD symptoms~(6/30/11)-Feel better; Able to go back to work.~(9/6/11)- Better! Delay tapering.~(11/14/11)-Taper by skipping 4th day.~(11/20/11)-Crashed. Need another strategy.~(1/14/12)-Start 25mg Zoloft w/Lexapro. Taper to 1/4 Lexapro; success.~(2/17/12)-Stop Lexapro.~43 (2/12/13)-Am great; still on 25mg Zoloft.(9/13/14) Off all meds over a year! :)

• Moderator Emeritus

One of the women on this forum - can't remember who - remarked that her husband is a police officer and at least half the time drugs are found at a scene of violence, the drugs are antidepressants. We read "drugs" in the newspapers and assume street drugs are meant, but just as often it's the prescribed stuff. It is a known fact that AD's may affect young people very badly.

I was on Lexapro too, and while I didn't have any urges to violence, the irritability I've experienced during withdrawal has just been off the wall. I've always had a rather nasty temper and Lexapro and withdrawal therefrom seem to exaggerate all of my less socially acceptable qualities.

A similar case to the one I posted above was tried in the U.S.A. and some "expert witness" psychiatrist testified that the violence committed COULDN'T POSSIBLY BE BECAUSE OF THE ANTIDEPRESSANT THE DEFENDANT WAS TAKING, so the outcome was not so favorable. What was it Shakespeare said about improving the world by killing all the lawyers? I think we could insert "psychiatrists" with no problem at all. :angry:

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

Several years ago, I had an akathisa reaction to 5mg of Celexa. How I got through work, I have no bleeping idea.

There is no doubt in my mind that if I had heeded my psychiatrist's advice to stay on the med, that I would have either been a homicide or suicide statistic.

CS

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy