Catlinv: Introduction

Catlinv

Hello,  I am currently on a slow taper (2.5% every two weeks) off of cymbalta. I was first diagnosed with SAD in my twenties. I am now 60. I have been on and off many many different ssri’s.  My diagnosis changed depending on the psychiatrist treating me. Soon became major depression and most currently Bipolar. Dr has changed my meds many times sometimes including antipsychotics and mood stabilizers. He has also taken $86,000 from big pharma. I am currently on cymbalta (should complete my taper in 6 to 8 months) and Xanax. 

My hope is to find support and information to help me recover completely from the many years on these toxic drugs.  

Thanks in advance for any help with my “discontinuation syndrome”.  

vicki

• ChessieCat changed the title to Catlinv: Introduction
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Cat,

Welcome to SA.

19 hours ago, Catlinv said:

My hope is to find support and information to help me recover completely from the many years on these toxic drugs

You are in the right place. : ) 

May I ask, how did you know to do such a slow taper? Many people come here who have done dangerously fast tapers. I'm glad you haven't! 

Can you please tell us a little about you by filling out a drug signature using these instructions? 

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/18343-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

***Most important is the last two years. Please organize it by year, not by drug. 

i.e., 2010-2016, Paxil, 30mg. 

Again, welcome to SA. 

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

• Moderator Emeritus
19 hours ago, Catlinv said:

He has also taken $86,000 from big pharma.

Just curious, did he tell you this, or is it public information? In my opinion it should be public information. I've just never heard exact amounts before.

Congratulations on beginning to free yourself from such an insidious system. 

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

• 2 weeks later...

Sky blue;  I have been helped by a FB group called Cymbalta hurts worse.  I found them when I quit cold turkey and thought I was about to die!  Luckily I was within the window to reinstate and learned a proper taper.  I lie to my shrink to keep the scripts coming for my taper.  Thanks for the encouragement.  Don’t really know how to use this discussion format so I’m a little intimidated and my thinking skills a sluggish at best!  

Best wishes,