Ovco: Should I reinstate risperdal and is my brain okay

Ovco

Good day

thank you for the site. its very helpful

i was taking risperdal for three weeks in total. first week i took 4mg per day then dose was reduced to 2mg  then 1mg over the next 2 weeks. which i now know was too fast a taper. i didnt have knowledge then. so now im 6 weeks off and im experiencing extreme fatigue anxiety insomnia and wrestlessness. i have the blank feeling and im now afraid that my frontal obe is damaged from the quick taper. Please help me i dont know wat to do. doctor said i should start sulphiride 50mg and zolpadem for sleepd. should i continue and try use supplements or should i take doctors advice? please wat has happened to my frontal lobe, i dont have control of my mood and feel vulnerable. hadnt been taking any supplements for the first 6 weeks now im afraid my brain is damaged and i may not get my emotions from the frontal lobe

10 september 2018 risperidone 4mg per day

17 september 2018 rapid taper to 2mg

6 october 2018 quit cold turkey at 1mg

• ChessieCat changed the title to Ovco: Should i reinstate risperdal and is my brain okay
  • Administrator

Welcome, Ovco.

You were not on Risperdal for very long. It's possible you are experiencing withdrawal syndrome, but also possible you're experiencing after-effects of the drug. It may take some time for your nervous system to go back to normal.

What is your sleep pattern? When did insomnia start? Have your symptoms gradually been fading?

Please use your screen name as above, we don't allow screen names in all caps.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thank you

well only yesterday did i sleep for about an hour otherwise it has been quite a challenge.

the anxiety is improving but was quite intense the first three weeks.

Also just wanted to know about  my frontal lobe, since i quit cold turkey and didnt use supllements for the first five weeks does that permanently damage the brain??

please help

10 september 2018 risperidone 4mg per day

17 september 2018 rapid taper to 2mg

6 october 2018 quit cold turkey at 1mg

• ChessieCat changed the title to Ovco: Should I reinstate risperdal and is my brain okay
  • Administrator

No, your frontal lobe is not irreparably damaged, nor is is any other part of your brain.

When you quit cold turkey, having more intense acute withdrawal symptoms is to be expected. Your nervous system needs to settle down.

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.